Raising Awareness In Your Local Community
Is there a health fair or other local event where you have the opportunity to set up an information table? Sharing information about vestibular disorders and VEDA with the people in your neighborhood is an excellent grass-roots effort to raise awareness about vestibular disorders. VEDA has compiled some tools to help you:
Tips on making your display:
- We recommend getting a tri-fold display made of either foam core or corrugated cardboard, in a neutral color.
- Avoid using things with a lot of small text on your display. These pieces are difficult to read from a distance and better-suited for use as hand-outs.
- Be imaginative when putting your display together.
Images and quotes:
- VEDA Slideshow images (legal size)
To Hand Out:
- VEDA Brochures – order online (FREE)
- Top Ten Facts about Vestibular Disorders (one-sheet)
- Facts, Figures & Trivia (one-sheet)
- E-mail sign-up sheet: ask people if they’d like to sign up for V-News, our free monthly newsletter.
- If you have a tablet or laptop, consider bringing it – you can run a slideshow or have VEDA’s website open. VEDA has some pre-made presentations: Overview of Vestibular Disorders and Concussion and Dizziness: How are they Related?