Hello supporters! My name is Nichole Halstead and I was diagnosed with bi-lateral Meniers Disease 5 years ago. I decided to support Balance Awareness week because I want to be able to help others who battle everyday with this horrible disease. It's changed my life dramatically and I honestly don't think many people are aware of this.
Thank you so much for donating. Every little bit helps raise awareness of this life debilitating disease. With your help we can all spread the word and try to find a cure for all vestibular diseases. For you that are not aware of Meniers disease, here are a few signs and symptoms:
Symptoms of Meniere’s disease include:
- vertigo (attacks can last anywhere from a few minutes to 24 hours)
- loss of hearing in the affected ear
- tinnitus (a sensation of ringing) in the affected ear
- a feeling of fullness in the affected ear
- loss of balance
- nausea, vomiting, and sweating caused by severe vertigo
Many of these symptoms can be caused by other problems in the ear. Someone with Meniere’s disease will experience at least two to three of the following symptoms at one time:
- hearing loss
- aural fullness (a feeling that the ear is full or plugged)
From the bottom of my heart, I greatly appreciate your support.