#GivingTuesday is a global day of giving that harnesses the collective power of individuals, communities and organizations to encourage philanthropy and to celebrate generosity worldwide.
Kathleen Stross, PT, MS (board member, professional member and volunteer, pictured right) and the Stross Family Fund are matching #GivingTuesday donations.
You can help vestibular patients like Karen Mizrach through your #GivingTuesday donation.
"In November of 2017 I turned 60 years old. Life was getting easier after a divorce and adjusting to an empty nest. I had plans for the next decade - continuing to teach as long as possible, traveling, hiking, teaching yoga, dating - yes, dating! None of my plans involved endless trips to assorted doctors, expensive medical tests with no helpful outcomes, physical therapy that made me feel like spending my life in bed, or giving up coffee, chocolate, nuts and avocados. But two weeks after celebrating my new decade, I experienced weeks of vertigo attacks, which gradually turned into a constant sense of being off balance, neck discomfort and severe anxiety from all of it."
Sign up for V-News to hear more about Karen’s story.
How you can participate:
- Donate to VeDA's #GivingTuesday campaign. All gifts up to $5,000 will be matched by the Stross Family Fund.
- Follow VeDA on our social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube). "Like" and "share" our posts.
- Join VeDA's Ambassador Board to raise awareness about vestibular disorders among your social networks.
- Volunteer with VeDA.
- Take an #UNselfie telling about why you support VeDA and post it on your social networks (don't forget to tag us @vestibularveda).
- Nominate a "Vestibular Hero" - someone you know who has gone above and beyond in supporting vestibular patients.