Thank you for supporting VEDA!
You may choose to raise funds by creating a team, joining a team, or as an individual. These instructions will guide you through the process.
- Create your Team
- Join a Team
- On your own (you may start on your own and Create or Join a team later)
- Detailed instructions for editing text and images
- How to get back to your Individual and/or Team Page
- How to leave a team
- Share your page
(HINT: You may find it helpful to keep these instructions open in a separate window, so that you can refer to them as you proceed.)
Calling All Participants
If you know you are going to Create or Join a team, please skip ahead:
- Skip to "Create a Team"
- Skip to "Join a Team"
Remember, you can always start as an Individual and then Create or Join a team later.
Start here. When asked, "Are you supporting us as part of a team?" you will select "No, I am doing this event on my own" and then click the "Continue" button:
Your page will automatically be generated with your name as the default page name, a $0 goal, and a brief welcome message. Click into the each field to customize it. For the page name and goal, click "OK" to save your changes. For the description ("My Story"), your changes will be saved automatically. For your image, you'll be asked to upload one. For detailed instructions on editing the above fields, visit the "Detailed Screenshots" section below.
- Make your page name fun, like, "Debbie's Dizzy Dancers" or "Vertigo No More."
- Use our Communication Templates to download sample text to copy and paste into your "My Story" field.
- Note that your page is "active" as soon as you reach this step - you do not need to select "Save" or "Finish." This means that your page can be viewed at vestibular.org/bawpcp.
If you decide that you want to Create a Team, click the button, "Create a Team" and enter your team name, then click the "Continue" button. See the "Create a Team" instructions below:
If you decide that you want to Join a Team, click the button, "Join a Team and search for the team name in the list that will appear, then click the "Continue" button. See the Join a Team instructions below:
Start here. When asked, "Are you supporting us as part of a team?" you will select "Yes, I would like to create my own team," then click the "Continue" button:
Enter your desired team name and click the "Continue" button:
Enter the names and email addresses of people you would like to invite to join your team. If you have more than 5 people, click "Add More" and additional rows will appear. When you are ready, click the "Continue" button. You may also invite people at a later date, so if you are not ready yet, click the "Skip" button.
You will see a confirmation page - click the "Continue" button:
Your Team and Individual pages will both be created automatically. You will first be directed to your Team's page. By default, your page will have a $0 goal and a brief welcome message. Click into each field to change it. For the page name and goal, click "OK" to save your changes. For the description ("My Story"), your changes will be saved automatically. For your image, you'll be asked to upload a photo. For detailed instructions on editing the above fields, visit the "Detailed Screenshots" section below:
- Your team name can be fun, and/or it can represent your group - for example, "The Balance Center Team" or "A Flamboyance of Flamingoes."
- Tell your team's story. Are you a family supporting their mother, who is a vestibular patient? Are you the staff of a clinic that treats vestibular patients? Why is raising awareness about these invisible disorders important to you?
- Your team goal or target is independent of the goals of each individual PCP that is part of the team. You can set an initial goal, then ask your teammates what goal they set and adjust as needed.
Click your name in your Team's list of members to get to your page. You will also be able to get to your individual page from "My Account" (which is in the top right corner of your screen no matter what page you are on). Refer to the "Individual" instructions above for details on how to edit your page.
Start here. When asked, "Are you supporting us as part of a team?" you will select "Yes, I would like to join an existing team" then click the "Continue" button:
Find your Team's name in the list - you may type into the field to find it then scroll. Then click the "Continue" button:
You will land on your page. Your team will appear at the bottom. Click into the fields to edit them - see "Detailed Screenshots..." below for more instructions.
Individual and Team pages are both editable in the following fields:
- Page Name
- Fundraising goal
- Photo (square works best)
Edit your page's name:
Edit your page's goal:
Add an image to your page (hint: square-shaped photos will look the best):
Tell your Story:
When you log in (or, if you are already logged in, click "My Account"), look at the right-hand column. Under the "Your Membership" section, you'll see "Your Personal Campaign Page." To get to your page, click "Edit your page." You can also go to your "fundraising dashboard."
Your fundraising dashboard has links to your PCP and your Team:
If you decide you need to leave your team, you may do so either on the Team Page, or on your Leader Dashboard:
From the Team Page:
From your Leader Dashboard:
Now that you've created your PCP, it's time to share it with friends, family members, and co-workers, and ask them to support your efforts.
- Tips on how to promote your PCP: Fundraising can be scary. Here are some tips to make it easier.
- Communication Templates: Not sure what to say? Here are some templates to get you started.
- How do I share my page? Just copy and paste the URL of your page (that's the address that appears in the box at the top of your browser when you are viewing your PCP - it starts with "vestibular.org/") into a Facebook post or email. Every application will be different, but here are some instructions on how you can embed a URL into an email.