May 19-25, 2019
- Register or find a fundraiser's page
- Purchase a t-shirt or other fun gear
- Download selfie poster (take a picture & post on social media)
- Download the S2B logo (PNG)
- Communication toolkit (for patients; for healthcare providers)
- Find (or start) a local event
- Tips to make fundraising fun!
- Download a Steps-2-Balance Press Release and send it to your local paper.
For Many, Living With a Vestibular Condition Is a Daily Obstacle Course.
Each day we rise to the challenge of adapting our lifestyle to regain greater control and balance in our lives. There are good days and bad days on this journey no one expected to take. But every step forward in mastering this new
“Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.” – Tony Robbins
Steps-2-Balance is the Vestibular Disorder Association’s (VeDA) annual call to all those living with a vestibular condition, to challenge themselves in taking a step forward on their journey back to balance. From May 19-25, 2019, VeDA is asking vestibular patients across the country to set a personal balance-related goal and to self-organize an activity to achieve it. While many vestibular patients are restricted in their everyday mobility, we also know that many forms of exercise or movement can help patients improve their balance. So regardless of where a patient is on their personal road to recovery, we hope everyone can find an opportunity to take a “step” forward and participate in Steps-2-Balance.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Identify a personal balance-related goal or challenge
- Self-organize an activity or goal and work towards reaching your goal between May 19-25, 2019
- Register your personal activity
- Set a personal fundraising goal
- Invite others to join in your activity and to support VeDA
- Document and share your Steps-2-Balance experience with VeDA and your friends and family via email and/or social media
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
Anyone with a vestibular condition, ideally inviting their friends, family, and/or co-workers to join them in participating in their chosen activity. Healthcare professionals are encouraged to organize a Steps-2-Balance pop-up event at their office, hospital, or within their community and invite their vestibular patients to
WHERE DOES IT TAKE PLACE?
You decide where to take on your challenge. It could be in the privacy of your home, at work, or somewhere in the community (health office, park, community center, etc.)
WHY CONSIDER PARTICIPATING?
On the road to recovery, it’s important to continue to challenge ourselves, and to gain a sense of accomplishment with the progress we make—even the small steps matter. And when we all take steps forward together, albeit in our own homes or neighborhoods, we grow our sense of shared community—that we’re not alone on this journey to regain balance. Steps-2-Balance also helps those around us better understand our challenges with balance and gain empathy along the way. By helping to raise funds, you’ll further VeDA’s mission, and continue to grow our community of support!