HELP VEDA Defeat Dizziness
Balance AwarenEss Week
Sept 16 - 22, 2013
The Vestibular Disorders Association (VEDA) celebrates its 17th annual Balance Awareness Week. Our goal this year is to raise $40,000.
Help us "DEFEAT DIZZINESS." The goal of Balance Awareness Week is to help people recognize the symptoms of a vestibular disorder for a quick diagnosis in order to receive effective treatment.
VEDA encourages the friends, family and coworkers of those suffering from a vestibular disorder to learn more about how balance dysfunction can impact their loved one’s ability to perform common day-to-day activities.
How Can I participate?
Join VEDA in raising awareness and funds! It is fun and easy! Just select one or more of the sample activities listed below, or be creative and design your own event!
Stay tuned for an exciting announcement about what Melissa Bosserman - VEDA Member - will be doing to raise funds for VEDA.
FUNDRAISING & Event ACTIVITies:
Raise money online - Create your own fundraising page and ask your friends, family and coworkers to support you by making a donation. (Click here to see what a personal campaign page looks like.) To make it easy, just download our sample communications templates, then just copy and paste!
- Organize a walk, run or bike ride - Get pledges from friends, family & coworkers and share with them how difficult these activities can be for someone with a vestibular disorder.
- You can even have t-shirts printed with the VEDA logo - visit Propellshops.com to order one or several!
- Partner with a local business, school, community group, church or even your neighbors - Ask them to host a spaghetti dinner, cocktail reception, or bake sale and donate the proceeds to VEDA.
- You can distribute posters to local businesses, your doctor, yoga studio, gym, local coffee shop, etc. to hang to help raise awareness.
- During the event, you can distribute facts and figures about vestibular disorders and ask attendees for a donation to support VEDA.
- Ask your doctor for support – Share with your vestibular specialist that you’re raising funds for vestibular disorders and ask them to sponsor you and hang a poster to promote awareness. Direct them to your Personal Campaign Page to make a donation.
- Does your employer match employee contributions? - Make a contribution to VEDA and ask your employer to match it.
- Raise awareness by sharing these "Top Ten Talking Points."
BECOME A BALANCE AWARENESS WEEK SPONSOR!
You can make a difference!
VEDA will have materials to make your planning easy & fun for this year's event posted soon.
For additional questions regarding how you might get involved in Balance Awareness Week, please contact Tony Staser, Development Director at email@example.com or 503.294.9085.