September 18 - 24, 2017
Vestibular disorders affect patients physically, mentally and emotionally. How have you had to rebalance your life as a result of your vestibular disorder? Share your story during Balance Awareness Week!
By participating in Balance Awareness Week, you can increase awareness about vestibular disorders and funds to support patients in their journey back to balance.
Ways you can help:
- Donate to Balance Awareness Week.
- Create a Personal Campaign Page (PCP) and share your story about how you rebalanced your life after being diagnosed with a vestibular disorder. Make it fun by creating a team - invite family and friends to join your team or make a donation to support you. The top three (3) fundraisers will receive a KEEN backpack! (Stay tuned for instructions on how to create your PCP.)
- Flat Flamingo Photo Contest: Bring “Flat Flamingo” with you to your favorite places, take a photo, and upload it to your social media pages with the hashtag #flatflamingo17. Get friends and family to vote for your photo - the top five (5) winners will each receive a KEEN backpack!
- T-Shirts: When you purchase a Balance Awareness Week t-shirt you spread awareness about vestibular disorders every time you wear it. This year we have three designs to choose from. Orders placed at our online store August 11-31 will be received in time for BAW!
- Advocate: Download our Balance Awareness Week poster and hang it on bulletin boards in your community. You can also share VeDA’s “Vestibular Facts” or bring our press release (coming soon) to your local paper. Raise awareness among public policy decision makers by contacting your local, state and/or national legislators to let them know about Balance Awareness Week - our Ambassador Toolkit has templates and instructions to make it easy.
- Join VeDA’s Social Media Campaign: Follow VeDA on Facebook and share our posts – let’s make Balance Awareness Week go viral!
- Vestibular Facts
- Press release
- Communication templates
- Personal Campaign Page instructions
- Facebook Profile Frame: go to https://www.facebook.com/profilepicframes and search for "Flat Flamingo," then click, "Use as Profile Frame" to save.
- Flat Flamingo
- Offline donation pledge sheet (for personal campaigns)