The goal of Balance Awareness Week is to reduce the time it takes to diagnose a vestibular disorder. We help patients recognize the symptoms of a vestibular disorder and urge them to seek help from a professional specialist. We also encourage family and friends to learn more about vestibular disorders so they can support their loved ones' who are suffering from dizziness and other debilitating symptoms.
you can make a difference!
Here are a variety of ways to get involved:
- Make a donation – help us reach our goal of $80,000!
- Tell your story by creating a Personal Campaign Page and ask your friends, family, co-workers, colleagues, etc. to support you.
- Join us for the MicroMedical BALANCE CHALLENGE! Help raise awareness and have fun at the same time. Download our pink flamingo hat and let your creativity run wild. You can download our black and white flamingo hat for a children's activity also.
- Participate in the first annual balanceback 5K Dizzy Dash
- Purchase a Balance Awareness Week T-Shirt to show your support and raise awareness
- Share these Top 10 Facts About Vestibular Disorders
- Launch a social media campaign or join VEDA’s by sharing VEDA’s Balance Awareness Week Facebook posts
- Make your Facebook profile picture the Balance Awareness Week Spinner Top and/or the Save-the-Date your Facebook cover photo
- Host a “Blue Monday” or “Friday Jeans Day” – employees who wear blue on Monday or jeans on Friday can donate to the cause.
For questions regarding how you might get involved in Balance Awareness Week, please contact Tony Staser, Development Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or (503) 294-9085.