Save the Date:
September 12 - 18, 2016
Through Balance Awareness Week, VEDA is making significant strides to raise awareness about vestibular disorders, and support patients in their journey from diagnosis and treatment to developing coping strategies that help them live with a chronic invisible illness. This grassroots campaign is engaging more people than ever to take action and to help VEDA accomplish its number one goal: To reduce the time it takes to diagnose a vestibular disorder.
you MADE a difference!
Here are some highlights from the 2015 campaign:
- We raised more than $70,000!
- Through our social media campaign, our Facebook page reached more than 245,000 people.
- Our new poster, with an infographic on the reverse side, was distributed throughout the U.S., Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia and many other countries. We invite you to print and post the infographic until the next year's Balance Awareness Week's poster is distributed.
- More than 60 Personal Campaign Pages were created.
- Balance Awareness Week videos were created to help spread awareness. Many thanks to all the participants and to Healthclick for donating their time and services to produce these wonderful videos.
- Many people joined us for the MicroMedical BALANCE CHALLENGE by wearing the pink flamingo hat and submitting videos and photos.
- Vestibular patients along with their family and friends were encouraged to "get moving" by participating in the first annual balanceback 5K Dizzy Dash.
- More than 200 Balance Awareness Week T-Shirts were sold. The shirts help VEDA raise awareness throughout the year while helping raise funds by having all proceeds being donated.
- Our Top 10 Facts About Vestibular Disorders was downloaded and distributed to thousands of people.
- The Balance Awareness Week press release was posted by more than 225 media outlets with a reach of approximately 183 million people.