Through Balance Awareness Week, VEDA is making significant strides to spread the word about vestibular disorders, help patients recognize the symptoms of a vestibular disorder in order to connect with a professional specialist. This grassroots campaign is engaging more people than ever to take action and to help VEDA accomplish its number one goal: To reduce the time it takes to diagnose a vestibular disorder.
This year was no exception. Through our members, board of directors, medical advisors, ambassadors, the media and so many others, we are proud of our accomplishments.
you MADE a difference!
Here are some highlights from the campaign:
- We have raised more than $70,000! And, it is not too late to make a donation!
- Through our social media campaign, our Facebook page reached more than 245,000 people.
- Our new poster which has an infographic on the reverse side, was distributed throughout the U.S., Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia and many other countries. We invite you to print and post the infographic until the next year's Balance Awareness Week's poster is distributed.
- More than 60 Personal Campaign Pages were created.
- Balance Awareness Week videos were created to help spread awareness. Many thanks to all the participants and to Healthclick for donating their time and services to produce these wonderful videos.
- Many people joined us for the MicroMedical BALANCE CHALLENGE by wearing the pink flamingo hat and submitting videos and photos.
- Vestibular patients along with their family and friends were encouraged to "get moving" by participating in the first annual balanceback 5K Dizzy Dash.
- More than 200 Balance Awareness Week T-Shirts were sold. The shirts help VEDA raise awareness throughout the year while helping raise funds by having all proceeds being donated.
- Our Top 10 Facts About Vestibular Disorders was downloaded and distributed to thousands of people.
- The Balance Awareness Week press release was posted by more than 225 media outlets reaching approximately 183 million people.