Live Webinar for Therapists. Complete both Sessions for 10 Contact Hours (1.0 CEUs)
October 15-16, 2021
9:10 am EST • 8:10 am CST • 7:10 am MST • 6:10 am PST (US)
This course will provide updates on the latest research related to the diagnosis and management of concussion and persistent post-concussive symptoms. This course will focus on the latest relevant and evidence-based assessment and treatment strategies for adults and children with prolonged visual, vestibular and sensory complaints as a result of concussion. Effective treatment strategies to improve visual skills, balance and sensory integration for optimal return to all daily tasks will be highlighted. Best practice guidelines for return to learn, return to play, and return to work will be highlighted. Participants will engage in clinical problem solving via group case analysis and discussion.
- Apply current research to diagnosis and treatment of concussion and post-concussion syndrome
- Determine when referral is indicated to address co-morbidities
- Assess visual function, balance, and ability to participate in daily tasks (including cognitive)
- Implement treatments to remediate oculomotor dysfunction, sensory integrative dysfunction, and visual-motor skills impairment
- Implement training techniques and compensatory strategies including cognitive strategies to help the patient transition back to work, school and daily tasks
Age/Patient Population: This course is relevant for therapists working with individuals of all ages including school-aged children, young adults, and older adults who may have sustained a concussion as a result of fall, MVA, sports injury, or other accident.
Register online: www.educationresourcesinc.com
VeDA Professional Members: Use your VeDA discount at checkout to save $15 on registration.
15 Oct, 2021 - 16 Oct, 2021
Instructor: Cristina Finn
Email: [email protected]