Why should a physical therapist, occupational therapist or athletic trainer take this sports concussion continuing education course?
There are between 1.7 and 3 million sports concussions per year. Many concussions still go undiagnosed or underdiagnosed, which costs the athlete valuable time, and the medical system unneeded costs. Learn the pathophysiology of sport-related concussion, evidence-based tools and strategies for diagnosis, and optimal treatment strategies.
Medical professionals trained in concussion management have a structured team approach to pre and post-management of concussions tend to have better outcomes, leading to an overall better quality of life for their clients/athletes
Rehab clinical tools instructed in this sports concussion rehab CE course to enhance your functional outcomes.
- Techniques to reduce the possibility of the post-concussive symptomatology that creates additional sequelae and additional health care costs
- An extensive explanation of the clinical signs and symptoms, biomarkers, clinical trajectories, subtypes, and common features associated with concussion
- Oculomotor and vestibular system assessment tools
- Recovery and multimodal approach
Specific instruction that will enhance your understanding and ability to deliver better patient care.
- Skills to efficiently and effectively identify problems early, get the patients or the athletes the treatment they need, and then return them to play safely in a smaller, efficient window.
- The reasoning behind concussion tests and expected results
- Factors that may trigger or exacerbate headaches
- The role of the rehab professional in the multidisciplinary team when developing comprehensive safe programs for the post-concussive client
Features unique to this sports concussion rehabilitation continuing education course
- Case study presentations with assessment and guides to return safely to activity.
- Demonstrations for Exercise and activity progression
- Collaborative team strategies to sports concussion diagnosis and treatment
- Techniques and parameters to return to play safely
This is an advanced level course applicable for PT, PTA, OT, AT.Physical Therapy Accreditation: For specific state information use the accreditation verification menu and select your state of license. AOTA: provider #4487, Occupational therapy professional development activity: Occupational Therapy Service Delivery, evaluation and intervention, and Foundation Knowledge: human body, development, and behavior. Athletic Trainers: BOC provider #P2047, category A. This course has not been submitted for Evidence-Based BOC approval.
06 Feb, 2021 - 26 Feb, 2021
8:00 am - 11:30 am