Dizziness, vertigo and imbalance are common symptoms and vestibular rehabilitation provides effective evaluation and treatment. Physiotherapists have a key role in evidence-based care for individuals with vestibular dysfunction. In this one day course, you will be introduced to a systematic approach to managing patients with dizziness. You will learn assessment and rehabilitation management of dizziness, vertigo, imbalance, and gaze instability that can arise from peripheral vestibular disorders, including Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo.
This is an introductory level course intended for physiotherapists and other rehabilitation professionals.
- Explain the essential aspects of vestibular anatomy and function
- Explain the most common peripheral vestibular disorders
- Perform a systematic vestibular assessment and interpret your findings
- Identify appropriate outcome measures to use for this patient population
- Identify red flags and understand when to refer for medical/specialist evaluation
- Develop a treatment plan based on your assessment findings, prognosis, and patient goals
Nov 25, 2023
Instructor: Vestibular Health - Shaleen Sulway, PT & Elizabeth Crawford, PT