Clear all

Covid-19 Vaccine side effects

17.3 K Posts
2261 Users
40191 Likes
2 M Views
 Nick
(@nick)

@mountainmama Probably some of both. Its hard to find things directly related to the treatment of vax related symptoms due to censorship- however, their is lots of data going back 5-6 years from researchers looking into repurposing SSRI's for their effects on neuro cytokines. Interestingly enough there seems to be a link between depression/anxiety and neurocyokines. SSRI's evidently shut that pathway down or at least modulate it. It might explain why so many of us (me also) have anxiety but have no history of it. That being said, the anxiety is also totally understandable considering the amount of "unknown" we are all dealing with.

Since I am here anyways I might as well give an update. I had 4 days of normal , then Tuesday had a minor relapse. Its hard to know why exactly because multiple variables changed yesterday. That being said, I feel mostly better today again. Still a little dizzy (1/10) and generally tired, but the numbness in my hands has gone. Yesterday it was quite bad. Relapsing even a little bit is such a let down. I know I haven't been as sick as long as a lot of you, but I have to say chronic illness is not for the weak.

Someone posted a link to a facebook group with neruo issues either in this forum or the neuro one on this site. I joined it, it has almost 900 people. its awful, Im not sure if its the format or the people, but its super depressing cant say id recommend going. Ya'll lift me up even if its just co-miserating.

I have to say, im not really sure whats goin on with us and im not usually an optimist- but I really do think we're going to get better from this. The fact that the general trend is towards better, albeit at different rates and timelines, is a sign that our bodies are not stuck in a perpetual loop of suck and that we will recover.

This whole experience has really been an eye opener. I was always skeptical of the gooberment and institutions in general, but after the way they've done us, ill never trust any of these agencies again. Furthermore, If and when I do get better I fully intend to live the heck outa whatever good years I have left. There have been more than a few times I was pretty sure I was gonna die, or might as well be considering how incapacitated I was. I like many of you have also struggled with the possibility of never getting better and having very little or no quality of life. I realized I used to take my health for granted. I was rarely sick and when I was id be down for maybe a day and then back to work. It really is true, if you dont have your health you have nothing. To that point, there is nothing on earth that could make me take another one of these jabs. Im not anti vax- I just wont be getting anymore. This has been insane, so many new bizarre symptoms almost daily and the up, down, plateau, repeat- healing is maddening. Having a few days of feeling normal was like being high or something. I was walking around noticing how green the leaves were and how pretty the flowers are. Then to crash back to the hell of dizziness again the next day.

Its weird how in life you sometimes cross a watershed moment without even realizing it. Who knew sitting down in a chair for a tiny little vaccine was going to literally change the course of my entire life? I thought I knew the risks but hindsight says otherwise. So much regret, but in truth there was no way I could have known it was gonna be like this. I know dozens of people who've been vaccinated and dozens who have had covid- everyone's fine. Makes me wonder why we got sick- what is it about us that went sideways?

Either way, they say the second vaccine is needed to get the efficacy up to 90% but in reality after one you're already at 50-80% reduction in morality of a disease that 99% survive w/o hospitalization. The "waning efficacy" is for neutralizing antibodies. Antibodies that are already active and roaming around in your blood. Allegedly, those start to fade for pfizer within 2 months, and possibly 6-8 months after your second dose. But you still have memory T cell immunity - probably for life. Getting a booster doesnt make your T memory response any better it just "boosts" the number of active neutralizing antibodies floating around. If you encounter covid later your body will remember and produce antibodies to spike proteins again. Also with the delta wave fading at this point I really think its not particularly helpful- especially for people like us who already have a higher risk to reward profile- but im not a doctor.

The timeline of antibody production does make me wonder about the recovery timeline for people with vax long covid (us). I had my first (and only) shot just under 2 months ago and at 6.5 weeks I huge improvement in my overall condition. I see a lot of people having improvements at the 6-8 month mark also- roughly the timeline the CDC says you need a booster. Maybe a coincidence, maybe not. . There is also some data indicating that spike protein can persist for 28 days in the body after a single vaccine, which may also play a role especially if its causing damage via some kind of inflammatory cycle. Either way, its odd that the symptoms we have wane overtime. Whatever is causing the issue must also fade. Initially, I was inclined to think it was the spike protein because the symptoms of vax long covid and long covid are very very similar and the spike protein is basically the only commonality between the two. But It occurred to me that the bodies reaction to the spike protein may also cause some off color reaction for some unknown genetic reason. Ive read through so many forums and see people recovering on their own without any intervention. It makes me believe that while some things may help speed recovery, whatever is causing the root insult is self limiting. Who knows at this point. Just thought Id speculate.

Wishing you all relief and something to smile about- maybe a funny cat video!

someone, gingerj, KitKat and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@andrewdb)

Just wanted to throw this out there- Vitamin D taken in the morning gives me terrible anxiety all day. I been testing my theory for about a month. Sure enough if I take one I get this anxious feeling. 

ReplyQuote
 Mina
(@mina)

@andrewdb thank you. Sending you best wishes of recovery!

ReplyQuote
(@jacquelynsauriol)
Very Active Member

@mina Thanks @mina, I actually ate some walnuts the other day, because they are recognised as

helping the heart in general.  It's a few days later and I am feeling less heart palpitation-y.

I just read today that aspirin is now CONTRAindicated for heart health, reversing

years old recommendations.  I was aspirin first taking it and after the first day it seemed to

make the palps a bit worse so I stopped.  Glad I found some walnuts!  Lots of studies

on how walnuts help the heart....make sure they are fresh!  I'm gonna get some now!

Generally I have had less and less severe palps since I started on the walnuts...

Mina and Mina reacted
ReplyQuote
 LD
(@lsado1212)

@sarahrua Do not worry Sara. I am in the same boat really with worrying non stop. My chest pains have been so bad, even after being in A&E - Which showed irregular heart, but doctors didn't seem to worry about that, they blamed it on Propranolol, even though I have been taking that drug since I was 18 years old and never had this issue, severe headaches etc. When stressed try to relax yourself, deep breathes, put on some music, watch 'Friends'. We cannot take back that we got the jab, it does help some, but everyone is different. I have included a file that I hope may ease some of your worries. Taking amino acids apparently helps and Tumeric <3

Mina and Mina reacted
ReplyQuote
 LD
(@lsado1212)

@nath7 I put together a list for anyone dealing with effects. I hope this may help someone <3

Cary L, gingerj, Quail444 and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jessiekhri)

Hello ALL,

Im post 28 days of pfizer first dose and the side effects came 2 days after the shot. I experienced dizziness, chest pain, rapid breathing, blurry vision, needle pain all over, dull pain in my head and arms, still got muscle and back pain today but minimal (on/off) and my rhinitis got worse. It was 2weeks of hell and its on and off then it dwindle down on the 3rd week. I can sleep well after that and I think my BODY wants me to get more rest too so I took a 20mins nap/day just to restore again. I tripped 3x to the hospital and get all of the tests and blood works, ALL came normal. I was prescribed with anxiety drugs to tone down the palpitations and diphenhydramine but I only took 2 tabs of diphenhydramine and never bothered the other one. I also took few pain reliever, antibiotics for 2 days and antihistamine again for my on and off rhinitis. But I only take them If I can't go through the day. I also started taking more supplements like 1000mg vit c, vit d, vit E (omega 3), Quercetin,and zinc (1000). I also drink 2L of water and eat proper food. I cut down my coffee and on my 3rd week I can do my usual workouts but light workout only. I live alone so I do most of the things and tend myself even I was ill.

The symptoms I have now are blurry vision and less lightheadedness which is on and off too. I am functional at work as I work from home and can do my life and out errands too. I can exert more effort if I wanted to, but I don't force myself cos i don't want to go back to square one and i wanted to heal properly and observe all of my body reactions. I haven't done w MRI yet cos I don't have headache, fever etc, but I will avail it on my next yearly check up just to be sure. Here to those who are battling with these Side effects that you can get better and we will be back to our normal shape. I am now 98% better and praying my blurry vision and less lightheadedness will be over soon. I tried the vestibular workout too which it aids a bit of my dizziness.

Hang in there guys, We will all get through this and I won't be getting the next dose again or will ever avail till I am fully recovered and secured with the next vaccine they'll produce. I am now focusing to get my old healthy self or my new healthy self after this ordeal. It takes time, each person has its own phase of recovery and I'm happy that my SE tone down even I still have some good and blahh days in between.

Have a great day. Happy to be part of this community 🙂 Lets stay healthy, happy and grateful each day.

Josh85, Heatherxxo, Jolie Molie and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@spacecadet)

@jaydev55 yes, my anxiety and panic went away with the rest of my symptoms.  But- when I was all f’d up,I became very aware of my symptoms and worked hard to recognize what symptoms were anxiety induced vs vaccine induced.  Because anxiety created additional symptoms for me.

ReplyQuote
(@swick920)

A friend just directed me to this site. I got Moderna 1 on March 20, 2021. On March 25 I started having issues with dizziness, confusion, extreme tiredness and headaches. No spinning rooms just inability to focus on the big picture and people swaying while sitting and looking at them. I couldn't watch the March Madness games because the constant movement was too much.  It was really like trying to see through reading glasses for all activities. I finally was better on April 10. My doctor and I agreed it wouldn't be good for me to do the second shot. On August 29 I'm just walking around getting ready for church and out of nowhere, here it is again. I had the same symptoms as before and went to urgent care. She really was concerned about a stroke. I assured her I was okay and it's just my shot. I've been through this before. She referred me to a neurologist and just like before it went away on its own on September 10. I still experience visual focus issues and confusion sometimes. I don't trust myself to drive much. I have a friend who just got over COVID bit she lost her taste and smell. That is the only difference otherwise her symptomswere identical. I've never felt this way before my shot and I don't know when it will happen again. 

ReplyQuote
(@masterblaster)

Hello all!

Like many of you on this form, I have been suffering after my first dose of the vaccine. On July 10th, I received the first dose of my Moderna vaccine. I am a 21 yo F with no known prior health issues. I was required to get the vaccine for University and am extremely angered that this vaccine has not only affected my quality of life, but my school work and effort in school. It seems counterproductive that they still want me to get the second shot when the first shot has led to absence, falling behind on lectures, and lower grades. Only the neurologist I have seen has acknowledged that the vaccine could be a potential cause for some of these symptoms. But he admits that he could not be sure. However, I know my body. The symptoms I am having are new and are unconnected to any other event but the vaccine. I didn’t know this at the time, but I felt strange immediately after and had vision changes. Sometime during the early days after the vaccine, I got a terrible wave of vertigo which I attributed to the heat. I laid down and after a few minutes, the spinning sensation left. A week after the vaccine, EXACTLY a week after, I noticed a large red mark on my arm on the area of the injection site (Covid Arm) and shrugged it off as a mosquito bite which I am prone to having similar reactions to. As time went on, I realized the bump was hot to the touch and getting larger. I decided to search online and realized that Covid arm is a symptom of the Moderna vaccines and most places online said not to worry. Approximately 3 weeks after receiving the vaccines, I had emerging bouts of esophageal spasms and acid reflux. The night I went to the ER the first time, I had very high heart rate and blood pressure. They did not find abnormalities with my ECG. I was diagnosed officially with dysphagia which accompanies acid reflux. The next day, I awoke to debilitating vertigo that was worst early in the morning with an increased malaise feeling at night. After seeing a Primary Care doctor, I was diagnosed with BPPV and was prescribed meclizine to deal with the vertigo feeling. I also did vestibular exercises which I do believe helped with the vertigo symptoms. However, when the vertigo symptoms subsided, I noticed a lingering disturbed vision and overall feeling of malaise. I also experienced episodes of brain fog and was unable to focus on school work at normal capacity. I went through several phases of relapses since accompanied by tachycardia, muscle pain and fatigue, fatigue, muscle spasms, numbness and tingling. The list goes on. Currently, I am on month 3 and my symptoms seem to be taking a turn like how most on here have mentioned. Now it is small relapses but nothing remotely close to how it was in those first couple months. I do notice that my symptoms increase following my cycle and I am on hormonal birth control. I do believe that the hormonal fluctuations have some effect on symptoms as noted by someone else in the forum who pointed out they coincided with their periods. I have seen multiple doctors, visited the ER twice, and seen a neurologist. No answers so far. I have been diagnosed with BPPV, menstrual migraine, and now episodic migraine. I feel even more stuck now that I cannot register for classes next semester, my LAST semester of University due to not receiving the second shot. It has taken away my on campus job opportunity and if I do not find a doctor to file another medical exemption I will not be able to continue my education. I feel frustrated and lost and am scared to receive the second vaccine and be back at square one. If anyone has any advice on what next steps I should take PLEASE respond !!! It is so disheartening to finally be on the mend from this craziness only to have further opportunities taken from me due to an unprecedented medical condition and no recognition from the medical community. 

KitKat, Mina, KitKat and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 TC
(@twitch)
Very Active Member

@mountainmama looking forward to your updates! 

ReplyQuote
(@mountainmama)

@lmkk Hey there, I have a little one as well, though mine is a little older than your’s.  I completely empathize with you on getting these scary symptoms and having to watch a lo.

Anyway, I saw a news article that one of the vaccine manufacturers is hoping to have approvals for the vaccine for babies 6 months and up by the end of the year.  I’m curious to know whether you’ll be getting your little one vaccinated?  I fortunately don’t have to worry about day cares forcing it, but I am concerned that somehow, someway, there’s going to be pressure to get the kiddos vaccinated.  I am super hesitant given how new the vaccine is and given my own adverse event.  What about you?

ReplyQuote
(@larag)
Very Active Member

@mountainmama sorry to interrupt but my son is 4 and I'd rather saw off my own limbs before injecting him with this vax after what it has done to me. And I'm not anti vax. He's had all his vaccinations as a baby and I was first in line for this jab but after this experience....no way!!

gingerj, Sassafras, KitKat and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@nath7)
Very Active Member

1. @lsado1212 very thoughtful list Atleast your trying to helps others out ❤️ I will try see if it helps with my healing Thankyou!

LD and LD reacted
ReplyQuote
(@seemamkhrj)

@jaydev55 - symptoms wise I am still the same. Ringing and eye floaters are still there but less noticeable. As per my neurologist, it should resolve in the next 2-3 months. He also warned me about the flare-ups during viral infection. So, I am mentally prepared for bursts during flu/cold. He also mentioned that it wouldn't be as bad as vaccine side effects. It will take a year or two for our bodies to settle down ultimately. 

KitKat and KitKat reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 630 / 1151