Dee
(@medee)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @heybro
Posted by: @yjjy
Posted by: @medee
Posted by: @yjjy

Hi 

Ive been following this forum since June after I got my 1st Pfizer shot. It has been a struggle and I feel for everyone going through this. After my 1st shot, I just got a sore arm for a few days. Then I went for a run a week later and I got dizziness, lightheaded, and nauseas. I didn't think anything of it as I was healthy before. Then about a few days later I started get a sour and burning feeling in my stomach. I also got fatigued more while working my office job. Shortly after I had terrible back of neck stiffness and pressure and the vertigo/dizziness (feeling of being on a boat kicked in). A few days after I started getting panic attacks and anxiety. I also couldn't exercise let alone walk without my symptoms flaring up and getting extremely fatigued. Not to mention the next day my symptoms would get worse. All of these symptoms (particularly the head pressure and dizzneness) has persisted. I had to get my 2nd shot late October due to my employer mandate. 

I had all the listed side effects for the 1st week: i.e. headaches, dizziness, fatigue, tiredness, swollen lymph nodes, diarrhea , nausea. My diarrhea and nausea and various other GI symptoms have persisted. I also got light sensitivity, sensitivity to crowded places and movement, ear pressure/clogging, and nose pressure/clogging. My head pressure and dizziness since the 1st vaccine worsened. However, and rather ironically, these side effects I have been able to just manage and live with... The worst thing to deal with is the anxiety, panic attacks, and fatigue. For the fatigue, even stuff like walking, reading a book, and talking make me out of breath and fatigued and cause my symptoms to flare. The anxiety is debilitating and not only prevents me from doing everyday things due to a fear of my symptoms relapsing , but having anxiety in itself make my symptoms worse. It's kind of a self fulfilling prophecy. I also developed insomnia which makes it hard to go to sleep. I have these heart palpitations everytime Im about to nod off. Sometimes this creates a panic situation and I feel like passing out and lightheaded  so I have to get up and calm myself down before trying to fall asleep again, which I eventually do but it's a terrible sleep. 

In terms of medications , I haven't taking any. Perhaps due to my GI issues , which is really sensitive and I get diarrhea and GERD often , I can tolerate medication well. I get bad side effects. So I just take omega 3 and vitamin c and calcium vit d. I took probiotics but for some reason it made my anxiety worse. I had IBS before this vaccine, and I have a really weak gut system.i can't help but assume this is related because a poor gut could mean poor immune system and also it affects mental health...

From my discussions with my GP, my symptoms are very similar to long covid... And I think this has to do something with my nervous system. Maybe it's inflamed, or over stimulated , or something else...who knows. Not even the docs know....

I do want to end with hope. After about 3 months from my 1st vaccine, many of my side effects calmed down such as the anxiety and fatigue. I was even able to exercise, albeit lightly. The only thing that sort of persisted without change was this inner head pressure (like in the center of my head and spinal cord) and if I stay still or even move my head I get dizzy. 

Of course I was kind of coerced into the 2nd dose, and it's been a rough 3 weeks so far. But I know that in a few months or maybe weeks things will get better. 

Im hearing that the more shots you get the more severe the reaction. So if the booster gets mandated, Im not getting it.

How are you feeling these days?

Do use the QUOTE option wheb you respond. Take care.

Hi thanks for asking. Not great actually. I'm about 4 weeks out from my 2nd shot. My main things are the anxiety, GI issues, fatigue, head pressure, dizziness, and particularly the insomnia. I started melotonin last night which hopefully will help. Also deep breathing before I sleep seems to help too..  still not taking any medication because my body is so sensitive. 

What's interesting is my kid and spouse went away for a few months last week so I got a emotional when they left and also had to deal with living alone which actually exasperated all my symptoms. So I moved in with my parents for now... 

The main thing is to try and stay busy and positive. Keep believing we will be alright In a few months. And to eat well even though you got no appetite and get nauseaus. I'm on the fence about exercise. Because on one hand it seems to make my symptoms worse, but on the other I think it might help with the insomnia... Not sure tho. I just take very brief walks.. 

How are you??

What GI issues do you have?  My nerve across my stomach hurts.  Further, I was very bloated after the shot.  What foods make you worse?  For me, beans make me worse and big crust pizza.

I completed 6 weeks today. 

Got jabbed on 9th Oct. Symptoms showed up from 14th... Tinnitus and ear pain, Muscle tremors, pins and needles, nerve pain, crawling feeling in my body, head pressure- some sort of electric current passing through my head, chest pain, muscle weakness and burning feeling in my left thigh.

Made a mistake - Visted a neuro who as usual didn't wanna believe it is the vax. Did a physical examination of my nerves and bones, said all seems good. Gave me a tablet for nerve pain which was also an anti depressant. I wouldn't have taken it since it was a depressant but, since it said also given for nerve pain, I took it. That night, I could not sleep as my palpitations were way higher. This was a side effect of the tablet. Since then my heart rate has been high and also had chest pain. Its been almost 10 days now since I am have this. This also led to nightmares like the rest of them here.

Went to a Cardio on the 5th day. Did an ECG - all good. BP - Okay. Heart rate - Slightly high.

Gave me beta blockers for 5 days and some tablet for acidity and anxiety. Did not take the anxiety tablet. Took the acidity once and started pulsations in my head as well. So i stopped it.

Only took beta blockers for 5 days but the palpitations remained high in the night though I started feeling better in the day. Yesterday was the 5th day of the course. I am no longer on any medication.

Since last night I have a very vad poky feeling in my skin and my ear nerve has pained bad too. This hasn't happened yet. 

Food - trying anti inflammatory food and tried avoiding inflammatory foods.

I don't know what to do with my life anymore. 

ReplyQuote
 Tarx
(@tarx)
Very Active Member

@lmkk it’s horrible isn’t it 😭 I had a massive one on my leg, then my arm now I’ve found one on my ankle then 3 all on top of each other on my leg! It’s so bizzare

KitKat and KitKat reacted
ReplyQuote
 Dee
(@medee)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @basic

@medee This helps me to sleep really well when I have anxiety or palpitations. https://www.unitedpharmacies.md/Validol-Validol.html  

All natural. Puts me to sleep in 5-10 min.

I see. Was this prescribed by a doctor? 

ReplyQuote
(@d2check)

Posted by: @birddog

Yea myself and my wife had tingling in my legs and my wife had it on her head,back and arms

How long did it last? I'm going on 2 weeks post booster, and it seems like 2 years,  LOL. It's such a uncomfortable feeling. It definitely has a pattern with me. Mild tingling, more intense tingling,  then the tingling subsides altogether and then my calf muscles cramp up😔. With my first J&J I just had mild aches and was tired a few days. 

ReplyQuote
KitKat
(@lmkk)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @tarx

@lmkk it’s horrible isn’t it 😭 I had a massive one on my leg, then my arm now I’ve found one on my ankle then 3 all on top of each other on my leg! It’s so bizzare

I forgot to mention I am also getting very tender areas on my left forearm (Pfizer left arm). It feels like the mother of all bruises under my skin but there is no sign of any bruising on the surface of the skin. It's so sore I can't touch it. It comes and goes in the same place. Started after my vaccine.

ReplyQuote
 Tarx
(@tarx)
Very Active Member

@lmkk I have the same! I keep getting sore patches and I check but no bruise there, god this is driving me up the wall my anxiety is just too much at the moment

KitKat and KitKat reacted
ReplyQuote
 Lena
(@yjjy)

Posted by: @gingerjones

@maianixon Other issue is insomnia. It only started a month or so ago so I’m hoping it’s not directly related to the vaccine but rather the stress I’ve been going through. Apparently it’s not actually possible to lose ability to sleep so telling myself this has helped me keep me sane though. I’ve been trying to avoid sleep aids as I’ve been told they can make insomnia worse in the long run. I have an odd good night here and there so I’m trying to tell myself clearly I still have ability to sleep but the vast majority of nights are a struggle.

Have you tried melatonin for sleep...

Melatonin is an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant chemical our bodies produce to help regulate the sleep–wake cycle. It also supports the gut lining, which promotes healthy immune function.

Supplementing with 1 mg of melatonin at bedtime might benefit those whose sleep–wake cycles have become dys­regulated with long COVID.

https://experiencelife.lifetime.life/article/9-functional-medicine-strategies-to-help-treat-long-haul-covid/

Hi

Has your insomnia improved? 

Chelsun and Chelsun reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dan1878)

Anyone had any heart arrhythmia issue and recovered or any supplement recommendations? 

ReplyQuote
(@rainyday)
Very Active Member

https://health.ucsd.edu/news/releases/Pages/2021-08-09-young-healthy-woman-suffers-brain-inflammation-after-mild-covid-19-infection.aspx

This is exactly what I believe is happening to me - only my symptoms were caused by the vaccine and not COVID itself. I think I will print this out and take it to my provider at my next appointment. I truly feel steroids and immunosuppressants would help a lot of us here! 

The official diagnosis was CNS lymphocytic vasculitis. 

Chelsun, DrL, Chelsun and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 ichi
(@ichi)

I had dizziness, brain fog and slight vertigo for about 3 months and then I just bought some random immune system supplements to try. And to my surprise, these symptoms went away in a week (no change in tinnitus or insomnia tho). I was exercising a lot for the next 6 weeks and then I relapsed. After a week of relapse I got the same supplements and again, in a week, I felt much better. So I had relapse for two weeks and I have been better again for the past couple of days (hopefully not cheering too soon). Now I'm not sure whether it is a coincidence or the supplements actually worked... But anyway, not to keep that a secret, then my daily dose was:

Andrographis Paniculata, dry whole plant extract 12g.
Eleutherococcus Senticosus, dry root extract 4g.
Echinacea Purpurea, dry whole plant extract 3g.
Curcuma Longa, dry rhizome extract (BCM-95 Turmeric) 2g.
Zinc amino acid chelate (Meta Zn - Zinc diglycinate) 120mg - Equiv. Zinc 24mg.

Maybe it helps.

Chelsun and Chelsun reacted
ReplyQuote
DrL
 DrL
(@nresearcher)
Very Active Member

@rainyday 

There do seem to be some similar symptoms among those with vaccine injuries and those with long COVID.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2021/11/health-care-workers-long-covid-are-being-dismissed/620801/

Chomer86, Rainyday, Chelsun and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@chelsun)
Very Active Member

@jkro Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome. It’s a condition in which a change from lying to standing causes an abnormally large increase in heart beat rate. Symptoms include lightheadedness, foggy brain, blurred vision and weakness. In my case it also was causing equilibrium issues and anxiety. 

POTS can be caused by a viral infection, vaccines, physical trauma, concussion, trauma. 

This post was modified 2 years ago by Chelsun

ReplyQuote
(@chelsun)
Very Active Member

@nresearcher agree. Many long-haul COVID Suffers are being diagnosed with POTS, Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia. I was diagnosed with POTS after vaccination. 

ReplyQuote
(@chelsun)
Very Active Member

@basic I was diagnosed with POTS after vaccination, at one one point the heart palpitations and rapid beat was so extreme I was admitted to the hospital for 7 nights.

upon discharge I increased my hydration, sodium, electrolytes and started on B12, D3 and Zinc. My symptoms started subside shortly after that regime and within 4 months all symptoms were gone. 

Eric, DrL and DrL reacted
ReplyQuote
 Tarx
(@tarx)
Very Active Member

What does everyone use to help the panic attacks? Just had the worst one ever! It lasted hours! Never ever want to experience that again 😩

ReplyQuote
Page 760 / 1151