Clear all

Covid-19 Vaccine side effects

17.3 K Posts
2261 Users
40191 Likes
2 M Views
(@nickpaul)

@rainyday 

I believe (not sure) Flonase is steroid based. Maybe why it is effective at easing symptoms, even if only temporary. Others have discussed steroids on this forum. I have not tried steroids while I’ve been having tests (to avoid masking symptoms), but I’d like to speak to my doctor about it once tests are finished, if it could provide some relief. 

Thisistoomuch, Rainyday, DrL and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
KitKat
(@lmkk)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @tennyson77

So I had my last shot in July of 2021, and it was the one that caused my vestibular issues.  I wouldn't say I'm back to 100%, but I have more good days than bad days now, and I'd say I'm mostly about 90%.

While many people will probably disagree with my decision, I've decided to get my booster here in Spain tomorrow.  I don't particularly want to, but they've announced that the vaccine passports will expire unless you have a shot within the last 9 months, so at some point soon I won't even be able to visit restaurants, let alone travel home to Canada to see my family.  If I'm going to have side effects, I'd rather have them in the next few months, when the weather isn't so good, then be forced to get a booster in April or May and risk wrecking my whole summer (which I will hopefully spend hiking).

So rather than agree or disagree with the decision (it's a personal choice), what I'd like to do is keep you up to date on how it goes and if I have any regression of symptoms.  I suspect other people will soon be in a similar position as me where you'll have to make a complicated, difficult decision.  I have a pack of glucocorticosteroids here as well from previous treatments, so if my immune system ramps up high at least I have something to dull it down again in the short term. 

So, stay tuned, and I'll give you some updates over the next few weeks.  They've already told me they will give me Moderna moderna - that's the last one I had before too, but I had the full dose in July and this one should be a half dose (something I'll confirm tomorrow).  I suspect I will have some side effects, but hopefully they are just short term ones.  I hope it doesn't make me regress back to the beginning, but I suspect it won't. 

Wish me luck!

Best of luck.

ReplyQuote
 Hmac
(@heathef)

Hello everyone,

I got the pfzier shot and after first shot felt fine apart from a sore arm. I got the second shot a week shy of 3 month mark. That night I awoke with terrible vertigo! The next daY I could not get out of bed. The vertigo during the night lasted 3 nights. After the 3 days went by the severe dizziness I got at night got somewhat better. I found during the day if I took advil every 4 hours I could at least function. Being that it is a anti inflammatory med that makes sense. I belive that if you have problems with inflammation in your body, the vaccines just compounds the issue and in my case it was the vestibular nerve. I also have a bladder disease that causes chronic inflammation of bladder wall. So I wonder since I already have inflammation problems, that plays a role. I would love any feed back if anyone else who has had this reaction to vaccine already suffer from chronic inflammation problems. . So a little background. I had vertigo once in my life 5 years ago. I do not belive my vertigo was caused by crystal problem in my ears after the vaccine as it seems more an inflammtion problem and advil helps that. Again that makes sense.  I read earlier that someone  said they had  covid early in pandemic before testing was really going. I also probably had it untested.whetherthat that is a factor, I am not sure. I will also add that along with vertigo I also had headaches, brain fog, very odd dizzy feelings and a feeling of being unwell. Also sharp pains in my head randomly. I am now 6 months Or so post second shot and things have settled down starting around 5 months in. I am hoping it continues because I can't imagine living my life like that forever. So in summary, a booster shot for me is terrifying and you could not pay me to get that done! 

gingerj, DrL, gingerj and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Dee
(@medee)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @kim-h

@medee sorry to read you are struggling 🙁 it’s a tough road but hold on to the hope you will heal soon. Stay positive & strong.  When did you have vaccine?? Supplements good for your heart are coQ10 & garlic. Supplements that have helped me are omega 3, B12, C & D & antioxidant Glutathione. A daily antihistamine helps bring down inflammation from the vaccine too. 

Got this shit on 9th October 2021. The heart issues just makes it difficult to keep calm but I'm trying. I have quite a lot of ups and downs throughout the day.

ReplyQuote
(@kim-h)
Very Active Member

@medee Have you tried antihistamine? High histamine levels caused by vaccine can cause symptoms in waves it seems (I’ve picked up lots of info from countless forums) try taking one a day. It may help & its worth a try. Try to keep yourself busy & mind off of it too. I found my anxiety was worse when I was scrolling the net looking for answers…. Keeping a journal also helped & I have noticed i got really bad from vaccine to month 3 then stayed the same to about month 5 then started to feel better end of month 5/6.  Time is a healer so just hang in there. 

gingerj, Rainyday, DrL and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kylamarissa1)

Hi. I’ve been quietly following along on here since May. I’m so sorry you are all going through this. My husband had J&J on May 7th, 2021. Two days later, he developed severe vertigo, dizziness, left ear pain radiating down shoulder, headache/pain in back of neck, blurred vision and tingly hands and feet. 8 months later, there’s been gradual improvement, but he’s still suffering. He’s 42 years old and was in perfect health prior to this. He’s been down the usual path that I’ve seen on this forum - GP, ENT, cardiologist, and now neurologist. The ENT & neurologist both have diagnosed him with orthostatic hypotension. Of course, orthostatic hypotension stems from another condition and that’s what the neurologist is trying to find out. The neurologist herself is experiencing a numb/tingly mouth that isn’t going away after the booster, so she is obviously open and interested in exploring any correlation between his condition and the vaccine. She said she is going to research and see what she can find. I should also mention that all of his bloodwork came back normal, along with the MRI, EKG, echo, etc… Again, I’m so sorry you are all going through this. Just wanted to pop on here to mention the orthostatic hypotension diagnosis, in case it might be helpful. Oh and, I should also mention he’s been seeing an acupuncturist/osteopath every two weeks, and that seems to help…

gingerj, DrL, Rainyday and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Dee
(@medee)
Very Active Member

@medee Have you tried antihistamine? High histamine levels caused by vaccine can cause symptoms in waves it seems (I’ve picked up lots of info from countless forums) try taking one a day. It may help & its worth a try. Try to keep yourself busy & mind off of it too. I found my anxiety was worse when I was scrolling the net looking for answers…. Keeping a journal also helped & I have noticed i got really bad from vaccine to month 3 then stayed the same to about month 5 then started to feel better end of month 5/6.  Time is a healer so just hang in there. 

Hi Kim, I haven't tried any supplements for now. Initially took some vitamins prescribed by a doctor that's all. I'm planning to try some Kale (powder based natural product) smoothie I found online and looking for some more herbal supplements I can try. Not sure what to try though. Too scared to try anything at the moment.

I agree, stress makes it all worse. I've been there and it was shit. Symptoms also increased and also new ones manifested.

I'm trying hard to relax but sometimes it just gets too overwhelming. I hope this madness ends soons and doesn't alter our lives forever but leaving us with some messed up disease.

ReplyQuote
(@kylamarissa1)

Oops I think it was actually 4 days after vax, rather than 2. Either way, the complications began a few days after vax…

also wanted to mention- for months, when he’d walk into a grocery store or similar place, his legs would feel like they would buckle/he’d pass out if he didn’t focus. It was so overwhelming he almost left the grocery cart on numerous occasions.

This post was modified 2 years ago by kylamarissa

ReplyQuote
KitKat
(@lmkk)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @beat19
  • @lmkk Oh dear! I am so sorry to hear about your plethora of eye symptoms! I hope you don't mind my saying that I hope my symptoms don't get nearly as bad! But, waking up today, I noticed the peripheral dancing as I was reading your reply! Thankfully not as tender today. Weirdly, I'm not regretting the booster. I think if my symptoms are this bad with just the vaccine, I can only image the damage that may have happened if I'd actually caught Covid 19, Delta or Omicron! My brother in law still has nervous system damage due to Covid 19! Like the loss of taste or smell, weird pains in the back of his knees & all around "Covid Fog." I'm freaking out about how different this "flu" really is! It seems to attack the brain and nerves more than anything we've ever experienced before! Yeah.. I'd rather have these light symptoms from the vaccine. Instead of the ER I'm going to a optometrist on Monday. As long as I know others have experienced similar and haven't lost their eyesight after so long.. I think I'm okay to hold on a couple more days to see the right kind of Dr without being afraid of losing my eyes! Thanks for your help 👍🏽 

My eyes got really bad that I was afraid of loosing my eyesight at one point despite checks showing my eyes are in perfect health. Thankfully mine have gotten so much better than they were so hang in there I think it's just inflammation that's causing everything.

gingerj, DrL, gingerj and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jaydev55)

@lmkk hi kitkat did you take anything or did they just get better with time?  I went to the eye doctor and he told me the spot in my vision is CSR. I guess it’s caused by stress and goes away on its own in time (months).

ReplyQuote
 Dee
(@medee)
Very Active Member

Has anyone done any blood works for inflammation? If so, could I get the names of these tests. 

I'd wanna do it too. I can do it without a Doctor's letter; however, they'd need the names of the tests from me.

If anyone could help with these...

ReplyQuote
(@kim-h)
Very Active Member

@medee From my experience and I have read many others say the same, blood work seems to come back normal. All mine showed was low vitamin D. 

Rainyday and Rainyday reacted
ReplyQuote
 Dee
(@medee)
Very Active Member

@medee From my experience and I have read many others say the same, blood work seems to come back normal. All mine showed was low vitamin D. 

Kim, I've done blood works but those didn't cover inflammation markers. I'm certain if there's inflammation, I'd show up.

For me as well, it only showed my deficiency on vitamin D. 

As far as I remember, someone here had done some blood works on inflammation.

ReplyQuote
 alia
(@sunrise)
Very Active Member

@medee 

Hi, Dee.

It is perfectly understandable that you find it difficult to start taking supplements or medications. But they offer real hope for improvement.

Personally, I encourage you to try something.

They must be taken to make everything more bearable and thus to have the strength to fight and keep working.

What you can try depends primarily on what is available in your country. But India is famous for its traditional medicine, I'm sure you can find many, many good ones.

Many supplements are generally well tolerated, but for caution, they may be introduced gradually so that action and tolerance can be observed for each.

If more are taken at the same time, it is difficult to differentiate what helps and what is tolerant for each individual.
It is unusual, for someone who has been healthy, to take many pills a day, even if some are supliments or over-the-counter medications, but, as most people say, you get to take many kinds of pills daily, several times a day each.

Some supplements or drugs have an obvious rapid action, but others act only beneficial over time.

This is very important to note. As all the experiences described by those affected show, the symptoms are constantly changing, they appear and pass, some are activated more in the evening or at night, and, very importantly: despite a good treatment that helps, new symptoms appear.

There are also general stages of activation and remission of all symptoms.

These elements are characteristic and it is good to be aware of this.
It is necessary to take all this into account, because, when introducing a supplement or medicine, which is known to help, it is possible that, only by coincidence with the behavioral pattern of the simptoms, as I said above, aggravation occurs.

That is why it is good to keep a diary of your symptoms, diet and supplements. As the history of the condition is quite long, it can be useful to remember the correlations that can be made.

To you, the fact that the heart symptoms appeared after the antidepressant was used, I must say what I think: it can only be a coincidence. So it wasn't the drug that was the reason. Or, maybe it was an activation of the disease through a food of that day, because about food allergies that can be associated, it is known.

Heart symptoms after vax are common, even very common. They would have appeared anyway, I think. Sure, it's an opinion, but I've written the arguments.

Because it is a persistent inflammation of the nervous system, supplements such as alpha lipoic acid, vitamins B1, B2, B12, omega 3, I think are essential, for example, to take a first step, for example.

Then, pain treatment, antihistamines and so on, gradually more can be introduced, are needed.
Personally, to treat Lyme, I took over 50 pills a day, which was difficult. It is an experience in using natural remedies and durgs for a long time.

ReplyQuote
(@tennyson77)
Very Active Member

@medee The problem is lots of people have background inflammation levels so it probably doesn't tell you much. For example you can measure C-reactive protein, which is a marker of inflammation, but it's often elevated in people with high blood pressure or heart issues as well.

Rainyday and Rainyday reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 906 / 1151