Notifications
Clear all

Covid-19 Vaccine side effects

17.3 K Posts
2261 Users
40191 Likes
2 M Views
(@dania)

Hi~ My name is Dania. I have read several posts on this site and I am sorry to hear of so much suffering and discomfort. I wanted to share my experience in hopes of easing some fear and anxiety.

I'm a 55-year-old, healthy and fit female with no history of vestibular issues, except for a few occular migraine clusters in the past 10 years.  I was diagnosed with Hashimotos Thyroiditis 8 years ago and I have little to no symptoms. Since Hashimotos is inflamation in the body, I changed my diet drastically in order to feel good.  I don't take medication and never had a flu shot. I don't take Ibuprofen unless it's absolutely necessary. Throughout this pandemic, I have worn a mask, sanitized, and social distanced, but I have not been worried about dying from COVID. Getting the COVID vaccine was not my favorite idea, but I decided to do it because I am a Realtor and I have a lot of older clients.   

I had my first Moderna shot on April 13th. I had a sore arm for a couple days, but no other side effects. Six days later, I woke up and the room was spinning~ first time ever!!! I felt awful all day, partially because I was freaked out. After hours of research and finding this site and forum, I understand that I was having Vertigo and I am 100% certain that it was a reaction to the vaccine.

This forum and one other helped me so much! I decided not to run to the ER because so many other people are having the same experience (or similar) and their CT scans, MRI, and other tests have all come back normal. I spoke to my hormone doc and she told me NOT to get the second shot, that my body is telling me something, and to trust my immune system. I take 10,000mg of Vitamin D every day, and 20+ other supplements. She said that I was definitely having an immune response to the vaccine and it will work itself out.

So, here I am, 8 days after the first vertigo episode. I immediately went back to my anti-inflamatory diet~ smoothies everyday, no processed sugar, no caffeine, very little to no alcohol, no gluten, LOTS of fruits and veggies. I added magnesium to my supplement routine as well as electrolytes, extra C, and CBD oil. The vertigo is almost completely gone, I have some dizziness during the the day, mostly after I exercise, but I feel really good overall.

I wanted to share some good news. I do believe that we (all of us on this site) are all experiencing rare side effects to the COVID vaccine. I believe that a healthy diet, extra hydration, and supplement routine can help get us through this faster and possibly minimize the severity of the body's response. Someone else here recommended meditation and I agree! Our bodies want to be well and nobody knows your body better than you. Tuning in through meditation and walks outside have saved me.

I truly wish for everyone that finds themself here on this site, fearful and desperate, will find comfort within yourselves and feel better soon!

Tina, Tina, Ally54 and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dizzymah)

@allisonk That's about how long it took for my heartrate to return to normal after my Moderna vaccine. I am left with the brain fog, dizziness and ear thumping, and it's now been 7 weeks since my vaccine. I also feel like my head vibrates when I talk. I am praying for this to go away. I want to feel like myself again.

Amber, Sassafras, Amber and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jen789)

@sgorey

I have. I am a vestibular migraine patient that was fine until the vaccines flared everything up. Things are definitely worse after the 2nd vaccine. 

ReplyQuote
(@mommad)

Got my first Moderma shot April 10, 2021.  Up to this point I have not once been sick since the whole Covid-19 started in March 2020.  But on April 13 I work up with massive dizziness, nausea, tired and vomiting after getting up too fast.  Went to 2 different urgent cares 2 days apart.  The first one said they couldn't figure out what is causing it.  Just gave me meclizine for dizziness and sent me home.  2 days later it was getting worse so I went to another urgent care and the only thing they could find was a slight irritation in my left ear.  They gave me a steroid shot with another prescription of meclizine and sent me home. Not getting better and my left ear is getting worse.  I was not sick once until now.  Can't get out of bed without being dizzy.  Fast moves make it worse.  Scared to get my second one in May.

Sassafras and Sassafras reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tweetermk)

@carriedoerr Hi. I’m very nervous about the second shot too! After my first I developed dizziness a few days later and it has not subsided. I’ve postponed my second shot. It’s so hard to know what to do. I’m seeing an ENT tomorrow. Honestly, if the second shot is worse then no thanks. How are you feeling now? 

ReplyQuote
(@xx464)

First off, I hope everyone who’s experiencing side effects will see them gradually dissipate until they’re completely gone. Getting COVID would be terrible but nobody wants to deal with side effects from a vaccine for the rest of their life either. I’m wishing everyone the best. 

Secondly, I feel bad bringing up my side effect since a lot of people on this forum have way worse side effects than I do, but I’m just curious if anyone else has experienced what I’m experiencing so that I can get some peace of mind. In short, I got my first dose one week ago and had soreness around the injection site for around 2-3 days. Each day improved until the soreness at the injection site was completely gone, however now I’m having on and off throbbing pain in my inner arm and sometimes close to my armpit. The pain isn’t bad, maybe a 3/10, but it’s annoying. When I researched it I found out that the muscles in your arm can apparently expand a bit after a vaccine which can cause some lingering discomfort for a period of time. Also, apparently some people experience their immune system’s reaction to a vaccine predominantly throughout the arm they receive the shot in. I’m not sure how true these things are, I’m just trying to figure it out. If anyone has experienced something similar and can provide some insight I’d greatly appreciate it. Thanks. 

ReplyQuote
(@tweetermk)

Hi all. I’m new here. I found this site the same way as many of you....google. Reading all of your posts and comments has made me feel normal in a club I don’t want to belong to, but I’m thankful for you all. My dizziness started 4 days after my first dose of Pfizer. I had a gut feeling the Covid shot was not for me. I felt fine after my shot so I was elated. I’ve had an anaphylactic reaction in the past so I was very nervous. I felt fine until the dizziness started and it has not let up. I’ve had it every single day. I started myself on Claritin and it has helped some. I am seeing an ENT tomorrow. Has anyone found any relief? Please tell me this isn’t forever. I already delayed my second shot. I’m not sure if I will get it.

ReplyQuote
 AC
(@boiseboyz)

I received the Johnson and Johnson vaccine on April 3 about a week later I noticed that my left ear is feeling funny when I touched it it shook my head like some sort of infection I had occasional spouts a woozy or dizziness. It’s still continuing today it’s not so bad that I can’t function but my inner ear left ear does not seem to be improving at all ....

I never have had any form of tinnitus vertigo or any balance issues and I’m just hoping that it’s going to go away

ReplyQuote
(@marybudds)

@thenystagmus and others who replied to my previous comment. I wasn’t saying there is anything wrong with looking for support etc. I was glad to find this forum myself after receiving my first shot. I was just trying to show that getting the 2nd dose does not mean more or worse with the side effects. The other purpose of my post was to show that we have some control over the effects by doing things to help our immune system. Just for the record, I am a person prone to auto immune diseases BUT I am constantly trying to stay the healthiest I can be with diet and other supplements. There are many people on here that have made suggestions to help with the side effects. I noticed one comment about magnesium after I wrote my last comment and I take that myself for other reasons but didn’t know about it helping vertigo.  Now I wonder if that helped me? My suggestion to sit in the sun is to get our vitamin D naturally.  Low vitamin D is associated with so many health problems. I take Vit D3 or cod oil during the winter months only then I try to do my best to get it naturally. I eat gluten free and try to eat as little dairy as possible.  I don’t do Keto, but I do try not to eat too many carbs and sugar.  Moderate exercise not excessive and I pace myself in general, so I don’t stress my immune.  I still believe the consequences of COVID is worse.  

This post was modified 3 years ago by MarySB

ReplyQuote
(@ddvorin)

@sandram I had the exact same thing.  It feels like a ball is going back and forth in my head.  Did yours go away yet? 

ReplyQuote
Carrie
(@carriedoerr)

@dania This is great news Dania! I am at day 12 of experiencing dizziness (onset was one week after my first shot) - the vertigo seems to have gone away but I am still dizzy at times during the day and when changing positions in bed or getting in or out of bed. I am 51, healthy, fit and on no medication. I have NEVER experienced anything like this in my life. I rarely get sick and also have never had the flu or gotten a flu shot. I have not gone to the ER or consulted with my doctor because I'm not really sure there is anything they can really do for me nor do I have time in my very busy schedule to start going to appointments! My second shot is May 6th I'm just curious that your doctor said to not get the second shot if you are still experiencing the dizziness. I am planning on consulting with my doctor before my shot next week but at this point I'm leaning toward not getting it - I'm extremely nervous the second shot will bring worse side affects as many on this site have documented. It has been scary and hard to function in my daily life with the dizziness which often makes me feel nauseous.

ReplyQuote
(@ddvorin)

Does anyone have experience of the dizziness or vertigo going away? 

ReplyQuote
(@tabby)
Highly Active Member

@marybudds Hi, unfortunately many people here, including myself, have had these vaccine side effects for many weeks, that's why we found this website and and are supporting one another. I don't believe anyone here has been symptom free since the vaccine so those people are not reading these posts and don't have to worry about being misled, it's just us who are suffering. I'm happy for you that your symptoms lasted just one week, if that was the case for all of us we wouldn't be posting. For me it's been nine weeks so far. Best wishes.

Libbys, Sassafras, Libbys and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Carrie
(@carriedoerr)

@mommad Hi there - the vertigo is gone but still dizzy! It definitely is improving (I think) but seems to just appear out of no where during the day - and also still present when I lay down or get up from bed. My shot is supposed to be May 6th I think I've decided not to go if I'm still feeling dizzy. So hard to know what to do - I'm really nervous the side affects will be worse with the 2nd and I hate feeling this way!

ReplyQuote
(@tabby)
Highly Active Member

@xx464 Hi, it hasn't happened to me but I have read some posts where people have had swollen lymph nodes in the arm pit following the vaccine. Apparently it's an immune response to the vaccine. There is a lot of literature on the internet 're this.

ReplyQuote
Page 126 / 1151