Clear all

Covid-19 Vaccine side effects

17.3 K Posts
2261 Users
40191 Likes
2 M Views
(@sgorey)

@marybudds

Thanks for your post - I have been reading this forum trying to gauge if anyone who had these symptoms after the first dose was made worse by the second dose. If anyone has had that happen, I would be interested to know. 

ReplyQuote
(@taoorion)

I am so happy to have found this forum. I got my first Pfizer shot on Friday April 16. Was fine for a few days, then on the following Monday 4/19 at around 9pm, I started feeling like I was falling backwards in a tunnel with rapid heartbeat and shakiness. I have no history of vertigo, migraines, or other vestibular issues. It lasted for about 3 hours, but I was able to sleep eventually. The next morning, I was still quite dizzy and just feeling off. I went to acupuncture later that day, and had the most intense experience I've ever had getting acupuncture, with feelings of electric shocks pulsing through my hands for over an hour (I was there for two hours before I started feeling better). I felt much better afterwards though. I also got powdered licorice root from the acupuncturist - licorice is a mild natural steroid, and I take it with honey whenever the symptoms start up again - elevated heart rate, dizziness, etc. It helps immediately and also longer term. I've done another acupuncture session as well and noticed more improvement with the dizziness especially. So if anyone is looking for relief from "alternative" medicine, I've found some relief there. Not 100% yet, and definitely considering not getting the second shot because of this. It would be nice to be able to document this somehow to be able to qualify for an exemption, especially since it looks like 1 shot does offer good protection. I can't imagine having this last longer and/or being more intense. I feel for all of you who have been experiencing these symptoms for weeks!

ReplyQuote
(@covidbraingirl)

@r3020

Its been about 16 days since I got the first shot.... still feel weird. I suppose it;s my body responding to the vaccine. I just want to feel ok again.

Sassafras, DPeck, Sassafras and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@covidbraingirl)

@marybuddsI plan on getting the second shot. I just haven't felt well since I got the first one. 

ReplyQuote
(@asimps)

@sgorey my vertigo got considerately worse after the 2nd shot.

ReplyQuote
(@nicole)

I had the J&J vaccine on April 1 before they paused & resumed it. Before I decided on J&J, I did some research on the types of vaccines & the reported side effects & I found this forum & saw that many of you experienced dizziness/vertigo after the mRNAs. I was still nervous, but I felt this was the best option for me. Fortunately, I didn’t have any pain or typical side effects & it did not seem to worsen my dizziness. I’ve had dizziness/vertigo off & on the fast 2.5 years, which is fortunately much better & usually only bothers me when I lie down or when I am more worried/stressed. I did feel dizzy that night after the vaccine, but that it’s typical for me to feel sick when I lie down & I was also still nervous and anticipating some sort of side effect. I took gravol & slept fine the next night. It’s been 3.5 weeks, so it did not seem to worsen my dizziness issues. I hope this doesn’t become annual, but I would take J&J again based on my experience over the unknown with the other ones. I was unaware that many vaccines can cause vestibular issues & as someone noted, it was the 2nd/3rd some common side effect listed even though this wasn’t noted as a potential side effect at first. My thoughts go out those of you who are struggling with dizziness  in general or after the vaccine. I understand some of your hesitancy to get any vaccine or the second one. Do your research & choose what’s best for your health. I hope everyone heals & recovers soon. 

Sassafras, dragonlover, Sassafras and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@igshans12)

@maxe1990 This is me too, I am terribly conflicted about taking the vaccine, been invited to take my first shot of Astrazeneca, no doctor will help me. What would you say please?

ReplyQuote
(@ronald998)

@elicim this whole forum has a lot of people that have dizziness and tinnitus. My dizziness stopped after 3-4 days. I did epley 3 times a day and took generac Benadryl and Advil (2) 3 times a day. I still have low grade tinnitus and still take a couple Advil once a day. Also I had pressure in back of neck for 3-4 days. It took 1 1/2 weeks after 2nd maderna to have reactions start.

ReplyQuote
(@ronald998)

@sgorey I had no side effects after the first maderna. Dizziness pressure in back of neck and tinnitus about a week and half after 2nd maderna. Had a few bouts of dizziness usually after arising and sitting up in bed but usually goes away after a couple minutes. But the second shot just hit me totally a week and half after second shot. I don’t usually have tinnitus even though I have left ear tube in it to prevent infections. Still have tinnitus 3 weeks after last shot. BUT LOOKING at all the resumes each person will react differently with beach shot.

Sassafras and Sassafras reacted
ReplyQuote
(@west1979)

@marybudds I appreciate your vote of confidence but as you probably have read, some of us who have had the Vaccine for over 2 months and are still going through hell. We are all just trying to support each other and at the end of the day, we are just giving our facts. Nobody wants COVID especially if getting the vaccine is any indication of how bad it could be. 

kris and kris reacted
ReplyQuote
(@west1979)

Update for all; full Maderna Vaccine since 2/18/21. I'm going on 2 months and some change. Still having fatigue, headaches, blurred vision in right eye, random rapid heart rate, shaky at times, and (I can't believe I'm going to say this) erectile disfunction. Never had anything like this before. The vertigo for the most part went away and the tendinitis is much less. It seems that my nerves are upside down trying to figure this out. I'm gonna keep plugging along. I was also told that it could be up till six months till the symptoms subside. God I hope so. I just keep praying for all of us. Hopefully some normalcy will emerge in time. God bless all! 

ReplyQuote
(@dpeck)

I had my second shot on March 16th, and 2 weeks later I started getting vertigo.  It is getting worse.  I have done the Epley Method as well... not better.  I saw a acupuncturist and now seeing a chiropractor  Not sure if these will help.  It seems to be really bad in the mornings. 

ReplyQuote
(@lawactual)

Like many here I found this after a google search as to why I've been feeling dizzy since my 2nd shot of Pfizer covid-19 vaccine. First shot left me just a little fatigued but since the 3rd day after my shot I have been dizzy and disconnected (for lack of a better descriptive word) Has anyone found any relief? How long did people's symptoms last? I see some people have felt this way for weeks I can only pray I don't feel the same. Any info is appreciated.

ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

Posted by: @west1979

@marybudds I appreciate your vote of confidence but as you probably have read, some of us who have had the Vaccine for over 2 months and are still going through hell. We are all just trying to support each other and at the end of the day, we are just giving our facts. Nobody wants COVID especially if getting the vaccine is any indication of how bad it could be. 

Especially for those with pre-existing medical issues (and those of us that now have medical issues, post-vaccination) it's important to be in communication with our medical providers concerning future vaccination, even though at this time they have little to go on since the Covid vaccines are still quite new and side effects are still being reported but not yet thoroughly studied - nor many recommendations made in light of them. It can also be helpful to be aware of newly published medical articles. But at the end of the matter, whether to seek vaccination or no remains a very personal decision.

If you were young in the 50s or 60s and an older cousin had contracted polio from the first live polio vaccine, your parent might not have wanted to seek polio vaccination for you. Today, if someone close to you died or had a significant negative outcome from Covid infection, you might be very interested in getting the Covid vaccine. On the other hand if you were close to someone that has been significantly impacted by side effects to the Covid vaccine (or have been yourself and are yet wondering if the effects will resolve) it would not be surprising for you to decide against future Covid vaccination.

It's entirely a perceived risk vs benefit proposition for each of us. We walk only in our own shoes and not another's.

This may be the first pandemic in our lifetimes to affect humankind without exception, but it may not be the last. There's already talk in the medical vaccine communities about this Covid experience being the first of future similar challenges that could be responded to with yet to be developed vaccines. I hope we as individuals and as societies can afford each other respect and extend understanding for each other's decisions in these matters.

JR, Tabby, dragonlover and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tweetermk)

@wynnwolter Hi. I’m curious if the steroids helped. I’m dealing with the exact same symptoms for weeks now. 

ReplyQuote
Page 125 / 1151