17.3 K Posts
2261 Users
40191 Likes
2 M Views
(@lukehirst)

@mm824 how are you feeling now?

ReplyQuote
(@ditendra)

Hi, after my first shot of Pfizer my thumb finger feels pain when I bend it. It's been almost a month and still the same... Anyone else having this kind of problem?

ReplyQuote
(@lukehirst)

@martina hi, did this resolve?

how long did it take?

ReplyQuote
(@tabby)
Highly Active Member

Posted by: @thenystagmus
Posted by: @sfbayareavaccine

@thenystagmus late response here, didn’t get an alert for this…I tried to update the post to show dizziness as that was the main reason I came to this forum! I have been receiving treatment for about two months now after getting the cytokines panel done and it showing my covid LH score at about 1.65 (should be below .6). On my second round of treatment of ivermectin, pravastatin and prednisone. Let me know if you have any questions. 
I have good days and not so good days, still feel inflammation in my body but many of my side effects have subsided.

Gee, I've lost track of what we were talking about... 😏 Thanks anyway!

I'm glad you're having good days, sorry about the others... I can relate. Most of my days are good now, experiencing ~95% recovery. I've had no significant relapses for ~2.5 months. After dealing with all this for almost 6 months and having had a number of relapse episodes, I'm extremely happy for that! 🤗

The exception is a few not so good days that seem to be directly related to weather changes happening (maybe barometric pressure fluctuations?) when my area hovers on the edge of a weather system for an extended period. This sometimes causes my facial paresthesia to reoccur a little, or my ears pop a few times, sometimes mild vestibular symptoms and a bit of tinnitus, but they resolve as storminess or fair weather finally occur. Having one of those funky days today. 😔 But I'm thankful that l can identify my trigger and have expectation of speedy resolution. 👍🙏

I think a couple of 6-day low dose tapers of steroids (Medrol pak) spaced a month apart was helpful for me earlier on. I had definite improvement while taking them, with some rebound afterwards, but overall I suspect they contributed to my longer term recovery.

More recently I've been relying on the steadily increasing compensation I've been gaining over the last 2 months of twice daily home vestibular rehabilitation therapy exercises. My PT has been upping my challenge level weekly, with just having graduated me to every 2 weeks. It's been a lifesaver for me!

Other than that I've only started taking (and continue to take) 2000 IU Vitamin D & 500 mg Vitamin C & 400 mg Ibuprofen each morning.

I've never gotten a diagnosis beyond VOR (vestibular-occular reflex) Dysfunction, which is really just a description of a result from my vestibular testing, so I'm picking up my ENT records tomorrow to try to find out what diagnosis they've been using to bill my insurance company.

I've been really dissatisfied with the (lack of) care I've gotten from this doctor, so I'm thinking of changing my insurance next year from an HMO to a PPO, to where I can instead see the neurotologist in my city (that my current insurance denied a request to go to out of their network) for continuing care. Even if I never have a relapse again, I have some residual hearing loss in my right ear that may need to eventually be addressed.

OH! And I'm DEFINITELY stopping at getting the one Moderna vaccine I got in early March! I've had MORE than enough of this type of adventure to last me the entire rest of my life!! 😅🙏

Hi Sassafras, it's good to hear you are well on your way to recovery after such a bumpy road getting this far. I too visit rarely these days but not because I have recovered unfortunately. I seem to have taken a wrong turn. I spoke with two doctors recently about my symptons, headaches, dizziness, fatigue etc etc,  the first one advised ibuprofen and vitamins. I should have known better because I remember from before I couldn't take Ibruprofen. I took 200 mg and that set me off on a 24 hour dizzy journey from hell. I spoke to another doctor and she advised I take anadin, what a waste of time. I still feel out of sorts but it has knocked my confidence and made me feel so low in mood. So I seem to be back to square one, great!

Hope you continue to make good progress as it's gives hope to us all.. Best wishes.😊🙏

ReplyQuote
(@tabby)
Highly Active Member

Posted by: @jeank

Hy folks, I'm reporting in to emphasise to everyone not to push yourself too much beyond the limits. And why am I doing this? Because I was dumb enough to double my physical efforts and obligations yesterday and thus ruined a perfectly good week. Self-confidence is nice and all, but not at the expense of every possible symptom coming back (are already retreating tbh, so not that devastating, was way worse when it all started). 

I agree with you about overdoing it, it definitely makes my symptoms worse.

ReplyQuote
MemphisMel
(@memphismel)

@kailyn thank you for the info regarding Xanax. I’m also pretty lean. 🤔 

ReplyQuote
(@bconbere)

@veecollins 

I had vertigo after each of my Pfizer vaccines. The worst symptoms went away over several days. Most went away after several months. I still have a lot of nuisance symptoms, but they do not affect my life very much. Physical therapy with a therapist trained for vestibular problems was helpful.

Bill

Scott D. and Scott D. reacted
ReplyQuote
 Lili
(@lili23)
Very Active Member

@yoki I got strong side effects from Moderna for first shot so I am thinking to switch to pfiser for second dose .

ReplyQuote
(@jacquelynsauriol)
Very Active Member

@memphismel you might look into apple cider vinegar (no joke)

homeopathics, as well as vitamin therapies- I see that other forums

are discussing more in depth.  See the c19vax reactions website. 

There is also a Medscape forum for health professionals only, but the public can view it;  good info there.

go to Medscape and look up the page "how-concerned-are-you-about-vaccine-related-adverse-events"

note- t takes 10 seconds or so to load the comments at above link so wait....

Lastly, this website has resources too and is well organized -search covidvaccinereactions

all one word.  Best and healing to you... 

ReplyQuote
(@jacquelynsauriol)
Very Active Member

@yoki I know of one person who got vertigo an unknown amount of time after the J&J Covid shot, which her doctors say is unrelated.

She was recovering and then had another bout of vertigo, not sure whether she received a booster or not. 

ReplyQuote
(@jacquelynsauriol)
Very Active Member

@Larisa

I had a very bad respiratory illness in October-November of 2019, before Covid hit the headlines.  When I was both serum and swab tested 11 months later, it didn't show.  Am seeking another serum and swab test, perhaps they have been recalibrated. I know it was not like any illness I had ever had, in its aggresiveness and severity.  I recovered at home, hydrated with Burdock root tea, after about 6 weeks on the couch.

I am currently unvaxxed for Covid (never taken Flu shots), and I will not be getting any mNRA vaccine.   My real question is how long it will take until our accounting of the Covid vaccine damage is reconciled with the damage from the disease itself.  The vaccine injured are the canaries in the coal mine, and smart science will see them or not. 

ReplyQuote
(@jacquelynsauriol)
Very Active Member

@cguillory24 As a military or ex-military person, your experience has more credibility to some;  please share your story

with as many as possible.  I wish you a quick recovery, and Thank you for your service.

ReplyQuote
(@babayorqun58)

@mbouchard What is the name of the asthma medicine. I also have shortness of breath.thanks

ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

Posted by: @teresakrueger

I started noticing that my mood had been very down, but was thinking that my anti-depressant’s effectiveness was beginning to wane.  Last night in bed, I started feeling very suicidal - different than I ever have before.  In times past, I thought about suicide, but knew I wouldn’t actually ever do it.  Last night, I got scared because I felt a little out of control in my mind that I would actually do it and not be able to stop myself.  My head feels kind of strange (I think a not too severe case of Serotonin Syndrome).  But, what if it gets worse.  Anyway, it occurred to me that these reactions could be a side effect of getting the Pfizer vaccine?  I just don’t know.  Recently, I had received a letter from the Mayo Clinic asking me to sign a document stating they could use my medical records for research.  This letter also stated that if I did not respond by their second letter, they would do it anyway.  I went ahead and signed figuring it might help someone.  Anyway, I hope this gets better as I quit my job and have been pretty depressed.

Hey Teresa, Having dealt with depression and suicidal thoughts myself before, I'm concerned with where your thoughts are dragging you. Whether this is yet another influence of your Covid vaccination or not, I'm going to be bold to advise you to get in touch with the doctor prescribing your antidepressant today and let them know what you're dealing with.

Friend, you shouldn't wait to see if it gets worse or not. If that doctor is not available, you should be persistent and get in touch with another. Please keep in touch here also ...you are cared for here and we're in this crazy thing together! 😏🙏

gingerj, Tabby, Jean and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sajlent)

So you think you have problem with high temp, muscle and joint pain until you get tingling and numbness.. you think you have problem with tingling and numbness until you get dizziness and confusion.. you think you have problem with dizziness and confusion until you get tahicardia, palpitations  and other hearth failure.. you think you have problem with tahicardia, paltipations and other hearth failure until you get insomnia and sleep apnea.. you think you have problem with insomnia and sleep apnea until you get nightmares.. you think you have problem with nightmares until they come true..

How deep is this rabbit hole anyway.. 

I'm on point to finaly know.. LOL

Tabby and Tabby reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 500 / 1151