17.3 K Posts
2261 Users
40191 Likes
2 M Views
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

Posted by: @sfbayareavaccine

@thenystagmus late response here, didn’t get an alert for this…I tried to update the post to show dizziness as that was the main reason I came to this forum! I have been receiving treatment for about two months now after getting the cytokines panel done and it showing my covid LH score at about 1.65 (should be below .6). On my second round of treatment of ivermectin, pravastatin and prednisone. Let me know if you have any questions. 
I have good days and not so good days, still feel inflammation in my body but many of my side effects have subsided.

Gee, I've lost track of what we were talking about... 😏 Thanks anyway!

I'm glad you're having good days, sorry about the others... I can relate. Most of my days are good now, experiencing ~95% recovery. I've had no significant relapses for ~2.5 months. After dealing with all this for almost 6 months and having had a number of relapse episodes, I'm extremely happy for that! 🤗

The exception is a few not so good days that seem to be directly related to weather changes happening (maybe barometric pressure fluctuations?) when my area hovers on the edge of a weather system for an extended period. This sometimes causes my facial paresthesia to reoccur a little, or my ears pop a few times, sometimes mild vestibular symptoms and a bit of tinnitus, but they resolve as storminess or fair weather finally occur. Having one of those funky days today. 😔 But I'm thankful that l can identify my trigger and have expectation of speedy resolution. 👍🙏

I think a couple of 6-day low dose tapers of steroids (Medrol pak) spaced a month apart was helpful for me earlier on. I had definite improvement while taking them, with some rebound afterwards, but overall I suspect they contributed to my longer term recovery.

More recently I've been relying on the steadily increasing compensation I've been gaining over the last 2 months of twice daily home vestibular rehabilitation therapy exercises. My PT has been upping my challenge level weekly, with just having graduated me to every 2 weeks. It's been a lifesaver for me!

Other than that I've only started taking (and continue to take) 2000 IU Vitamin D & 500 mg Vitamin C & 400 mg Ibuprofen each morning.

I've never gotten a diagnosis beyond VOR (vestibular-occular reflex) Dysfunction, which is really just a description of a result from my vestibular testing, so I'm picking up my ENT records tomorrow to try to find out what diagnosis they've been using to bill my insurance company.

I've been really dissatisfied with the (lack of) care I've gotten from this doctor, so I'm thinking of changing my insurance next year from an HMO to a PPO, to where I can instead see the neurotologist in my city (that my current insurance denied a request to go to out of their network) for continuing care. Even if I never have a relapse again, I have some residual hearing loss in my right ear that may need to eventually be addressed.

OH! And I'm DEFINITELY stopping at getting the one Moderna vaccine I got in early March! I've had MORE than enough of this type of adventure to last me the entire rest of my life!! 😅🙏

Tom Germana, MemphisMel, Tabby and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

Posted by: @lycrecia

@thenystagmus Hi! I just found this site after Googling my symptoms after my first Covid vaccine. (Pfizer) I was due to take my second shot today, but I postponed to give my body a bit more rest before taking the second. I have experienced hot flashes and sweats, muscle twitches, and VERTIGO/nausea. I am hopeful this will dissipate, but I am curious as to whether anyone else's has - given that many of your initial posts were months ago. I have active Epstein Barr Virus and some sort of autoimmune issue (which we're now calling Chronic Fatigue Syndrome). I'm wondering if the link will be people with active Epstein Barr often have this similar reaction from the Covid vaccine. There seems to be some link with reactivation of Herpes virus(es) and the vaccine, but I can't put it all together. Makes me worried to get the second vaccine, but I also don't want Covid. It's choosing between two undesirables, really. 

Anybody "recovered" from vertigo after vaccine?

Hi, and welcome! Sorry it's taken me a while to respond... It's been a while since I've posted, but I just did a little earlier today. If you scroll up, I think I may have answered your questions.

Basically I've recovered a lot, but I expect I'll continue to have some residual effect in my life, but I hope only mildly.

Nonetheless, I don't want to risk ever ramping up anymore of these issues in my life again, so I don't intend on having anymore of these Covid vaccines, ever!

From what I understand, once you've had one of these vaccines, some studies are showing more and more evidence that our bodies take that response a long ways, from antibodies to T cells, to other defenses that continue to lay dormant in bone marrow and other reserve locations in our bodies. I'm hoping that's true many times over!

Best wishes for you in your journey, 😌🙏

kdoyle, Tabby, Boatrocking and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@angela)

@teresawarren40 hello. Has the dizziness gone away. How long did it take? I will not ever take the shot again? I hate this so much.

TONY C and TONY C reacted
ReplyQuote
(@judith)

I am glad I found this site.   I received my first Pfizer vaccine in March and my second in April.  I have not felt well since.  Many of my symptoms are the same as many in this forum have mentioned…terrible tinnitus, brain fog, headaches, imbalance issues, fatigue.   I just don’t feel myself.  I feel fortunate that I don’t have vertigo after reading many of these posts.   I  have some days when I feel ok, but never normal.   Many days I feel terrible.   I continue to hope it gets better, but I am beginning to think that I will never get better.   I am a 68 year old female and have always been in very good health with no health issues.   I drink very little alcohol and no drugs.  My brother recently got Bell’s palsy and I am convinced it is also from the vaccine.  He has lost almost all of his hearing.  He has also had cases of vertigo and double vision.  He is 66 years old. 

ReplyQuote
(@vicvv)

@claire0125 Comes and goes. I had my 2nd dose April 19, fast forward 4 months later, I still hear ringing in my ear that’s most bothersome when I try to go to bed. Both eyes were twitching like crazy in May, and now it’s just one of them. Very worrisome that I’ve never experienced those two things before, and only started after the vaccine kicked in. Starting to feel light twitching in other muscles of my face. Doctor doesnt believe me when I tell him it’s related to the vaccine.

ReplyQuote
(@jwblue)

I didn't have much dizziness, headaches, and extreme fatigue until about week 20 after 1 Moderna vaccine in March.  Has anyone had that type of delayed side effect?

Has anyone 100% recovered?

ReplyQuote
 ichi
(@ichi)

Posted by: @jwblue

I didn't have much dizziness, headaches, and extreme fatigue until about week 20 after 1 Moderna vaccine in March.  Has anyone had that type of delayed side effect?

Have you tested yourself for covid?

ReplyQuote
(@jwblue)

Posted by: @ichi
Posted by: @jwblue

Have you tested yourself for covid?

Probably a good idea.  Close to 0% chance I have it.

ReplyQuote
(@michaelk)
Very Active Member

@memphismel I have read several articles that say it is beneficial to mix vaccines. Here is one:

https://www.pharmaceutical-technology.com/features/covid-19-vaccine-mixing-astrazeneca-pfizer/

ReplyQuote
(@beachbum66)

Tomorrow will be my one month mark from the Pfizer shot #2. Last week I had burning in my chest that went from my stomach to my neck that I have never had before. I have Gerd and have had an ulcer, but never experienced anything like this. I have also had previous tests on my heart, but I swore I was having an attack. It went on for three nights, and on day four I went to the ER. They diagnosed me with costochondritis, claiming it was due to my cough (which was almost non existent). They gave me prednisone and an inhaler and it seemed to get better but increased my heart rate. But tonight I am having the symptoms. I didn’t think about it being vaxx related until seeing some of the posts here. 🙁

ReplyQuote
 Jean
(@jeank)

Hy folks, I'm reporting in to emphasise to everyone not to push yourself too much beyond the limits. And why am I doing this? Because I was dumb enough to double my physical efforts and obligations yesterday and thus ruined a perfectly good week. Self-confidence is nice and all, but not at the expense of every possible symptom coming back (are already retreating tbh, so not that devastating, was way worse when it all started). 

Tabby and Tabby reacted
ReplyQuote
(@presh)

@elena hi i also has the ear ringing / tinnitus issue started, approx 3 weeks after first dose. When your tinnitus symptoms started?

ReplyQuote
(@ditendra)

Hello, excuse me if I'm on a wrong forum, I was just searching for "covid 19 vaccine discussion forums" and this is the only forum I found with real people discussing about vaccine and side effects.

I got Pfizer vaccine. After first dose, I don't know if it's coincidence or related to vaccine, but my thumb finger hurts when I bend it. It's been almost a month and it's still same, pain won't go away. I wonder if there's anyone with the same problem as me.

ReplyQuote
(@estonia)

Hi 🙂 
I've been dealing with insomnia again last two days. Thankfully I have sleeping bills, but I don't want to take these so much. 

I wanted to ask, has anyone gotten D-dimer test also, since the vax? I just read some article that about 62% of vaxxed people do have clotting.

ReplyQuote
MemphisMel
(@memphismel)

@ditendra I’m having problems with both hands but mostly my dominant. It’s really frustrating not being able to hold my coffee cup, open jars… been going on for 8 weeks very little improvement.

ReplyQuote
Page 499 / 1151