Clear all

Covid-19 Vaccine side effects

17.3 K Posts
2261 Users
40191 Likes
2 M Views
 DJ
(@dmjb52)

Hi all, I’ve been reading about everyone’s symptoms since the Covid vaccine. I am very thankful to find this forum since I have most of the symptoms that others are experiencing. It has been four months since my vaccine and a majority of my symptoms have lessened in severity but are still there.  I still have tingling in my legs and every afternoon I have severe nausea, stomach pain and developed a headache. My vision is still a bit blurry, my right eye is worse than my left eye and my hearing is definitely worse than it was prior to the vaccine. I still experience brain fog, joint pain and fatigue. I have been to see my doctor a couple of times and she thinks the vaccine triggered a flareup of some sort.  Has anyone else experienced the stomach pain and nausea and if so how long did it last and did you find anything that helped? I did have dizziness and vertigo for the first several weeks after my vaccine but that has subsided. Thanks 

And to the person that posted about panic attacks…. I have had two of them. I have never experienced panic attacks before the vaccine. They are dreadful! I am so sorry that you went through that as well. 

(@azzaroon)

Hi all,

I'll start off with the obligatory I'm not a medical doctor take my advise as you see fit.

I was going to write a long winded version of my whole story, but I think I need to get this out there to try help some of you like it has helped me. Here is the shorted version.

I had a lot of the side effects people are complaining of on this forum. In my case I think I bought them on by a case of dehydration approximately 2 weeks after my first shot. I treated the dehydration, but some effects remained, and that is what lead me here. I kept seeing everyone talking about inflammation, and I agree this is the cause of the side effects. But what is the cause of the inflammation. I believe is could be cytokine release syndrome or CRS. Or something similar, there seems to be some sort or release or Cytokine or similar.

I tried treating the inflammation with vitamins, tumeric and diet, bit no luck; some improvement but not 100% by any means. The more research into the inflammation the more I read about Cytokine.

Sleep was not a problem as I had fatigue as one of my side effects. Until I did an all nighter at work. I knew I would feel like rubbish on the day and I did, as well as not being able to sleep the next night. This is when I thought I'm going to have some marijuana to try get to sleep (My roommate smokes and I'm an on and off a smoker. I had been smoking up until my dehydration then stopped). Before doing so I thought I should check that it will not make me any worse. To my surprise and absolute delight I found this in the first page I checked - 

"In addition, several studies showed that cannabinoids downregulate cytokine and chemokine production and, in some models, upregulate T-regulatory cells (Tregs) as a mechanism to suppress inflammatory responses."

So I had some and felt much better immediately. I could feel the pressure in my body release. My stomach growled, I was hungry again, something I hadn't felt in a week. I had some more the next day and had a good night's sleep, now I feel back to 100%.

I'm not saying this is caused by a Cytokine storm, but I do believe there is some Cytokine being released, that is causing the inflammation, and therefore the effects. The Cannabinoids reduce the Cytokine, the immune system starts relax again, then your body can heal.

I haven't seen anyone else mention it here, please correct me if I'm wrong. Otherwise I think it's worth giving a try.

I would be very surprised if some of you don't get relief from this.

Here a a couple of links to check out -

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2828614/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7451410/

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/cytokine-release-syndrome

There is lots more out there if you look. They are even investigating using cannabis as a treatment for very sick COVID patients with Cytokine storms.

Don't forget that the vaccine is still a good thing, the alternative may not very good.

(@ditendra)

My finger is still the same. It hurts when I bend it. I tried different ointments and pain relievers, but none of them helped & it's been already a month. I googled my problem and so far it sounds like a  "Osteoarthritis", but I can't say it for sure as I'm not a doctor and can't self-diagnose myself. I'll go to the doctor later, but I'm worried that this problem might stay forever, however I still don't regret COVID 19 vaccination, because it outweighs the risk I could have from COVID (my both lungs are operated and had a serious problem in the past and if I would get COVID without vaccine, there's a big possibility that it could be lethal for me).

ReplyQuote
(@tabby)
Highly Active Member

Posted by: @jacquelynsauriol

@tabby My partner experienced (3+ times) new dark cloud-like visual disturbances a week after her 2nd dose that were distressing enough to go to the eye doctor for a checkup.  $600 dollars later, she has new glasses but no explanation about the vision disturbances.  Her eyesight was fine, nothing was found related to the visual 'cloud'.  Her last 'cloud' was 3 weeks ago, 8 weeks after the last shot.  She did not report this to VAERS.  

Hi, it seems these vaccines are giving us symptoms that cannot be explained, people have been having all sorts of tests for various symptoms that show nothing to explain them. I do hope your partner reports her symptoms to VAERS though, the more people who report the more we will be taken seriously. Here in the UK we report our adverse effects on the Yellow Card Scheme and I have done that. I hope your partner's visual disturbances will subside, as have other symptoms reported by some here. Best wishes.😊🙏

ReplyQuote
(@azzaroon)

@tomg where did you get these stats from? This is directly from the CDC website -

"Reports of death after COVID-19 vaccination are rare. More than 369 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through August 30, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 7,218 reports of death (0.0020%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine."

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/adverse-events.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSL1N2P21DB

I can understand your upset, hopefully everyone on here will get better. Please don't spread misinformation, there is enough of that going on. Vaccines save lives, the virus is much much much worse. 7000<645,000

ReplyQuote
(@swtammie78)

Someone needs to look into these side effects because they truly are debilitating. We've invented the initial vaccine now please iterate on it so that those of us who actually want to get the vaccine (fully) can get it without fear of horrible side effects. Its such a shame that so many of us are suffering for doing the right thing. I'm preaching to the choir, I know. Im sorry that we live in a world where we have to choose between possibly getting sick with COVID or worsening symptoms from a second jab. But, I am grateful for all of the stories you all have shared so thank you. I feel validated by your accounts which can be comforting. Here's to hoping we all make a full recovery. 

Tunafish15, Dean09, Tunafish15 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Jean
(@jeank)

@romaina I've had a good last week as well, but for the past couple of days I've been on a downward spiral as I again need to battle anxiety and depressing thoughts. And as most of you here know, anxiety prompts so many additional symptoms...so exhausting and demoralising.

Full disclaimer: I've quit smoking cold-turkey about 10 days ago, which might have exacerbated the problem. Happy to have stopped, annoyed that I'm back at step no. 1.

RomainA and RomainA reacted
ReplyQuote
(@yhingsy)

Hi, first jab went fine, an achey arm and that was it.

Second jab was on 24th July - 6 weeks ago tomorrow - a saturday evening. I felt faint in the 15 minute waiting period but then felt fine. Sunday (they day after) felt tired but nothing more than that. Monday morning felt ok, got up as normal and went to work. By lunchtime I was feeling faint, dizzy etc. Got myself home, called 111 who told me to get check out at A&E. ECG and blood test done, both came back fine. I was told to rest so I had the rest of the week off work.

Since then I've had various tingly feelings over my body - including in my head, but they don't make me feel faint. I've also had an increased heart rate. My normal resting rate (laying on sofa watching TV) is about 47-48bpm, and sitting at my desk working is low to mid 50's. (I did do a fair amount of running, so am pretty active). Currently, sitting here typing this it's mid 60s. Another example - I got for a walk at lunchtime - the same route every day. Before the second jab, my HR would peak in the mid 90's on this walk. Since the jab it now peaks at 105-110ish. Because of this I've since had another ECG and another blood test, again, all fine. But I have been referred to a cadiologist - although no idea when I'll actually see one.

I do have the odd day when HR is back to normal, but then it goes back up again. My Garmin measures my stress level which is based on heart rate variability, and I have periods when my stress levels are very high - but I'm just sitting at my desk working. 

I'm wondering if my nervous system has been affected and that is what is causing me to feel these weird tingles, and also to have periods of feeling stressed?

Has anyone else had anything similar?

I'm currently taking Tumeric tablets for any inflammation, and a general multi vitamin. I've got some 5-HTP on the way, as I understand this can help a little with anxiety.

ReplyQuote
(@jondick)

I wanted to report back. I got a dose of Moderna at noon this past Sunday. My first dose was Pfizer back on April 16. After the first dose, I had three months of dizziness, left arm and leg going numb, trouble doing everyday things and serious fatigue. Today is day 5 since the second dose and I haven’t had the same symptoms yet. I hope they don’t return. Last time the dizziness started to show up around 3 days after and then progressively got worst for several weeks.

The pharmacist at CVS did not want to give me the Moderna shot at first and said I need to stick with whatever I got first round. I explained my situation and pressed on and he agreed to give it to me. He too thought I had a mild case of Gullain Barre syndrome from the first dose. He also said I do not need to go back in a month for another shot, so I am good for a while.

If things start to go south, I will keep you updated. Good luck to everyone. 

ReplyQuote
 Jean
(@jeank)

@jondick If I understand you correctly, you got back to normal, even though your symptoms incipiently worsened? 

ReplyQuote
(@seemamkhrj)

@tabby - I did it but I am not sure how much of this will be announced to general public. People need to go to the websites or read news specific to Vaccine. I did not read about the side effects until I experienced it. 

ReplyQuote
(@seemamkhrj)

@estonia - I also think that I feel better after eating apples (hope its not a placebo effect). Apples have quercetin.  Honestly, Idk what is really working. If others can validate, it will be great. 

Estonia and Estonia reacted
ReplyQuote
(@romaina)

right now the new symptom is my eyelids popping all day. Has anyone had the same thing? I don't know if it's the stress that I have been accumulating for two months but I can't stop them, yet I did a magnesium cure a month ago.

ReplyQuote
(@larisa)

@pfizervictim I wake up with almost no symptoms, they gradually appear and get worse during the day but most of the time I can sleep with no problem. I even feel like I would like to fall asleep and wake up in a couple of months when it is over. I definitely feel that activity makes the symptoms worse and any sort of exercise will kill me. 

ReplyQuote
(@larisa)

@seemamkhrj I will take it even if it is a placebo. Who cares if there is the result 🙂 🙂 🙂 

ReplyQuote
Page 510 / 1151