Notifications
Clear all

Covid-19 Vaccine side effects

17.3 K Posts
2261 Users
40191 Likes
2 M Views
(@cheridoerhotmail-com)

@jeanieb did you symptoms ever go away? I got my first Moderna shot July 28th. First day sore arm 2nd fatigue 3rd day 3 dizzy spells passed in about 5-10 minutes fast forward to August 13th woke up dizzy feeling faint tightness in chest couldn’t catch my breath legs felt heavy then hyperventilating trying to catch my breathe chills snd shakes. Been to urgent care er doctor gave me Ativan for anxiety “I’m stressed cause I’m a woman” primary doctor my regular is on vacation who I saw well let’s say was not impressed. I printed out of over a hundred of people account of dizziness same problems I have he wouldn’t even look at it. I never really thought to look at side effects online till I woke up on August 13th guess I shouldn’t looked before I got the shot. Heart lungs check out next is a mri of my brain. That’s a cheery thought. Anyway I’m now being treated for allergies, which I’ve never had before, Xyzal twice a day and I take Ativan if I suffer a hyperventilating attack. Today only had one attack so that’s good, but I’m treating the symptoms not the cause. Im not getting my second shot even though all of the doctors that have seen me to me to. So there is everything up to date. Sorry I tend to go on please tell me that you symptoms did go away 🙏🏻

ReplyQuote
(@sfbayareavaccine)

@priyaraghu that is my situation as well. I felt like I was probably 85-90% back and then this last few weeks most stuff has re presented. Ugh.

ReplyQuote
(@sfbayareavaccine)

@jwblue yes, very delayed. Most symptoms didn’t come on until about 6 weeks after second shot.

KitKat, Steve, KitKat and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kevinnnnnn1995)

So, first post on here. I’ve read through a couple stories and some related to mine but not exactly and was looking for some relief as to these horrible side effects going away. So I took both shots of Moderna and didn’t have any issues honestly until exactly 2 weeks post 2nd shot. I was sitting on the couch with the wife and all of a sudden my chest started hurting and noticed it felt out of rhythm. Went to doc and they put a 24hr monitor on me which came out showing I had 980 PVCs in 24hrs. (Never had any issues like this in my life and FYI 26 year old male with no health issues). The doc gave me flecainide which resolved the heart issues within days. Since then I’ve had consistently high blood pressure (160s/100s), extreme consistent fogginess, panic attacks, constant anxiety, numbness, light sensitivity, and headaches. The doc put me on Ativan and Paxil and seems to help with the panic and anxiety to an extent but I haven’t had full relief or felt “normal” since all of this started. It has now been 3 weeks and 2 days since symptoms started and was really just looking to see if anyone is experiencing side effects to this extent. It’s miserable. Thanks for any comments or help. 

Steve and Steve reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanieb)

@cheridoerhotmail-com 

Hope this reply gets through. Yes my symptoms went away thankfully. I was out for the count for about a week after the 2nd shot with about 2-3 days of dizziness. Did the Epley Maneuver for a couple of days. I’m not sure if that  helped but the dizziness went away. I am really not looking forward to shot 3 because 2 was so difficult but I do plan to get it. The worst was not knowing this effect was possible at all. Then after reading some on line comments I was afraid it would last a long time. I can’t believe they told you it was anxiety because you are a woman. How frustrating! I think I just had a strong immune system response. For me it was temporary. I hope you recover completely. 

ReplyQuote
 Bec
(@becca)

@kpaul 

Hi. I am experiencing the same things after my first vaccine of moderna. I am curious if this ever went away for you? Or if you found anything that helped?

Thanks 

ReplyQuote
(@wynnwolter)

@courtneymchale2288 i’ve been great! There was about two weeks where I still FELT like I was having symptoms but then saw someone on here talk about “hyper vigilance” of symptoms and I realized that when I wasn’t thinking about it I was completely fine, but then I would become hyper vigilant again!! I basically just forced myself to continue to go outside until I got so comfortable day to day that u hardly thought about it when I would go outside and do everyday things. That took about two weeks and since then I’ve been completely fine. I’ve been on a normal work schedule, planning to go back to college next semester, can freely make plans w friends/family w little to no worries, and even have a trip planned where I am going to be camping/flying on an airplane!! I definitely have my moments of worry still but I guess that’s just the effect of dealing with this for almost 5 months. Sept 17th will have been 5 months since my second shot and 6 months since my first. 

Dee, PfizerVictim, Jean and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@courtneymchale2288)

@wynnwolter that’s sooo amazing to hear! I definitely feel like I’m hyper sensitive to my symptoms now as well!  Enjoy your trip! Thank you for giving me hope! 

ReplyQuote
(@benpeck)

@wynnwolter great to hear!!

i would be interested to know if you had ups and downs besides the two weeks you were mentioning?

i am 29 years old, got my first jab AZ mid may and my second one first of august. had my dizziness from the first vaccine till today.

fortunately the second jab did not make it worse i think.. unfortunately i have the feeling that my symptons were getting a bit worse the last 2 weeks. since some days i also have the feeling to notice a subtle tinnitus and reading/writing on the computer is pretty exhausting.. so far i was able to do most of the stuff in my life but right now its a bit more difficult. thats why i would like to know if you also had periods where you thought it gets worse since i am about to pass the 4 month mark soon.

Another question to all of you. Does someone still has pain at the puncture site? My left arm is still feeling like 2 days after the vacc. It got better after the second but physical therapy made it worse and brought it back 2 weeks ago. i find that extremely strange and so far i havent heard from someone having the same problem.

all the best for you all!!

ReplyQuote
 Jean
(@jeank)

I would be really thrilled to hear from those who were originally posting several hundred pages back, just so that we could perhaps read a story of 100 % recovery without any relapses.

I am at the start of week 9 and basically anxiety induces a new symptom every few days or so... 

ReplyQuote
(@pfizervictim)
Very Active Member

I just called my eye doctor to confirm my appointment and I got this massive panic attack once the secretary told me they're gonna put drops in my eyes which will make my vision blurry for a couple of hours and I should take someone along to drive me.

I'm just so afraid my vision won't return to normal after they do, they said it would but what if it doesn't? Also I have this feeling my eyes where improving somewhat over the past week, so why go along with it anyway and risk feeling like a fool again because the tests probably won't show any abnormalities anyway. I just want this all to end.

ReplyQuote
(@seemamkhrj)

Posted by: @isismadec
Posted by: @jketcham

Got my first dose of Moderna back on March 24th, and while for the longest time the Tinnitus has been primarily in my right ear, in the last day or so I'm noticing it in my left ear. I deal with fatigue, pressure in my face and brain fog. I don't know if it's coincidence or not, but after my shot I've developed a horrible rash that has rubbed raw along my waist line. It's very painful and trying to take care of that.

All of this came about after I got my first dose of Moderna, before that I had none of it. Yet when I mention it to people they brush it off as coincidence, and that these are something else unrelated. It's frustrating to me, and I feel alone. I'm at a point I'm struggling day to day to get by. I am an alcoholic, was in recovery and everything I'm dealing with has caused me to start drinking again. Everyone else I know who has gotten the vaccine has had zero issues, yet I've been dealing with so much since and I feel so alone.. sucks. 

I have told many people about what I've read on this forum.  Most of them look at me like I'm crazy and completely disbelieve and dismiss what I've told them, even though I give them this link--and especially if they had the vaccine and had no side effects.  Too many people think these side effects are coincidental or not real and no one takes any of this seriously.

Do you have the link ?

ReplyQuote
(@lau01)

@sfbayareavaccine so sorry to read that... hope you feel better soon ! are the symptoms as intense as before? can still operate, work?

ReplyQuote
(@seemamkhrj)

Posted by: @hollyd

Hi Everyone! I haven't posted for a while. Amazing that there were 12 pages on here when I first started and now up to 158!
I kind of migrated to a Facebook group that is really good, too. ( https://www.facebook.com/groups/265035901879921/)
So after this horrible roller coaster ride I have been on for 3 and half months, I am finally feeling like this thing is pretty much over. Over the last two weeks, dizziness is down to pretty much zero with very mild, infrequent tiny waves every now and then, the ear pressure is gone, I can hear again in my left ear, and now only have mild tinnitus. My balance is still a bit off but not saying I was all that balanced from the start 😀
I had testing and doctors with really not much to offer. I tried a lot of things from vitamins, meds (Meclizine, Vallium, Flonase), anti-inflammatory foods - and honestly just felt like I was chasing cures and none really seemed to help much (except maybe my cocktail of Meclizine, Zofran and Vallium when episodes got really bad). In fact, I think it was worse hoping and expecting one of them to miraculously cure me. What I really believe now is that time is the key. I can finally sit at my computer and work. I went to Lowe's and grocery store and it was so nice to get out! I DROVE!! Had not done so much for these few months that I feel I finally have my life back!! 
I've been going on that Facebook group and it is heartbreaking to hear about so many that are just starting this long hard battle. Two thousand people in the group now! I hope in some small way I can bring a bit of comfort to some of them by sharing my journey and that there is light at the end of this tunnel.
I hope for you all that time is the key and everyone will get better soon!!

Hi Holly- how are you feeling now? I just wanted to let you know that there is no linear path to recovery in this case. It will be cyclical and soon all the symptoms will be gone. Look at you- you are already on your path to recovery.  Don't lose hope. Few weeks back, I had zero dizziness and it came back again, which was disappointing. I have noticed that people are recovering in 3-8 months. We all need to support each other and stay positive. 

Steve, PfizerVictim, Steve and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@seemamkhrj)

Posted by: @hollyd

@nasu

That is good! Having suffered for 3 and a half months and for it to come back after 3 weeks of basically nothing is a bit disheartening - but I will just have to deal with it.
My ENT did some testing that she basically said "was out of their scope of expertise" at this point and referred me to a neurologist that specializes in vertigo. I never went since I was feeling better, but now might go just to see what he may have to say.
I also have no more Vallium for my Meclizine, Zofran, Vallium cocktail that I take with onset. They are very stingy with those Valliums and only gave me like 5 of them - but I think I definitely need to see someone who will give me a decent Rx to have on hand for emergencies.
I am trying really hard not to wind up in the hospital again!! and since Zofran and Vallium is what they generally give in hospital, I would rather self medicate before it gets so bad I have to go to ER.

Hi Holly- how are you feeling now? I just wanted to let you know that there is no linear path to recovery in this case. It will be cyclical and soon all the symptoms will be gone. Look at you- you are already on your path to recovery.  Don't lose hope. Few weeks back, I had zero dizziness and it came back again, which was disappointing. I have noticed that people are recovering in 3-8 months. We all need to support each other and stay positive. 

ReplyQuote
Page 523 / 1151