Notifications
Clear all

Covid-19 Vaccine side effects

17.3 K Posts
2261 Users
40191 Likes
2 M Views
(@andyl89)

@rraymo1123 That’s sucks. At least I know what to expect. Spoke to my Dr yesterday who recommended a short and sharp dose of diazepam over a weekend to see if they break the tension cycle. I declined at this point, but I’m having second thoughts about it. Glad to hear you’re feeling better, it gives me a bit of hope.

KitKat and KitKat reacted
ReplyQuote
 Saba
(@saba)

@jennscout1 That gives me a lot of hope!! I have heard from a couple of other people of their floaters fading away slowly so this is all very encouraging! Thanks so much for sharing!

Chelsun and Chelsun reacted
ReplyQuote
(@rutha)

ReplyQuote
 Doll
(@diya-null)

@sandram hy are you ok now??? Does it go away on its own. I am having the same thing and am very scared , nothing is helping me.

ReplyQuote
 Dee
(@medee)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @279janka

@medee I wrote about my experience on the page 374. My whole experience lasted approximately 3 months. When I though that I am already fine, I relapsed. The symptoms that lasted longest were heart palpitations during night. I could not sleep well because of that. But everything slowly went away. Now I am about 3 months without relapse and back to my normal. 

I'll have a look at it. Thank you! And you're the 1st one here who's had a 100% recovery from it. God bless you! 

Just to ask, had you been on any medication or go through any tests? By any chance were your symptoms nerves related?

ReplyQuote
KitKat
(@lmkk)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @pfizervictim

I have a appointment with an eye doctor next week, but I'm afraid to go because they'll be using drops which enlarge my pupils and make my vision blurry for awhile.

Normally I wouldn't be afraid of this, but I'm afraid it won't go away because my body reacts so differently now and my vision was really blurry the first few weeks. (Now I'm dealing with painful eyes when waking up and sometimes during the day). 

Could use reassurance from somebody who went to see an eye doctor but had the effect go away after a couple of hours.

Hiya how you been doing lately? Did you ever go ahead and have your eye test? 

ReplyQuote
KitKat
(@lmkk)
Very Active Member

@medee Doctor unable to give a time frame for recovery. Advised to take ibuprofen. 

Dee and Dee reacted
ReplyQuote
KitKat
(@lmkk)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @nath7

@gab234 hey there. I haven’t been able to work I’ve been off 5 months I’ve had it really severe 😢 mainly heart problems but also bad dizziness and pains recently I’ve had the numbness and weakness in muscles. It’s hard to stay positive after 5 months 🙄 but I’m still here and alive just in pain everyday 😅🤦‍♂️ 
I wouldn’t worry about your mri I had one. Suffered a massive panic attack during it then felt horrible 4 days after like bed bound. But it came back clear. I believe that our nervous systems have either attacked themselves or inflamed. I’m really not sure 🤷‍♂️ The numbness and weakness hasn’t been as bad last 2 days so I’m just hoping that it’s not autoimmune problems. I’ve recently just done a ana test that can be a indicator of certain immune diseases so ill hopefully hear of that in a week. Fingers crossed nothing comes up I’ll keep you informed. I believe you can get through this! If you have managed to keep on track things it will gradually get easier for you! Like I said I think I’ve just had a severe reaction so I don’t think most people will be house bound like myself for so long. I body’s are trying to fight and correct so expect some good and bad days. My private doctor just said you will know when you are starting to get better the good days will outweigh the bad and will carry on improving! Wish you the best 

Great to hear the last two days you've noticed that the numbness and weakness has not been so bad.  So pleased for you.

ReplyQuote
(@yoki)
Very Active Member

UPDATE: 6 Weeks Post 2nd Pfizer Vaccination. Providing regular updates for a few folks who were interested after I received my 2nd Pfizer vaccination. Still feeling OK. Summary: 2nd shot 8 months post 1st shot. Waited as long as I could so that my immune system stabilized and my side effects from the first shot subsided (it took about 6 months). Started antihistamines and NSAIDs a week or so prior to my appointment. Started a 2 week course of prednisolone the morning of my appointment. Only side effects from the shot were a sore shoulder and some headaches. This lasted a few days. I have felt fine since. Please note that prednisolone is not without its own set of side effects. While I was on it I had fluid retention, elevated blood pressure, headaches, sleeplessness and mood changes. After stopping the prednisolone, I had headaches, lightheadedness and sleeplessness. Those have all resolved. 

I know that folks who had nasty side effects from their initial vaccination are being put in a very difficult situation about getting the second dose because of the government mandate. I'm hoping my experience gives you some ideas about taking back some control over the situation. If anyone is still interested, I can post an update on my condition next week.

Chelsun, gingerj, Lee H and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@gloriam)
Very Active Member

@medee 

I am under the care of both neurologist and ENT for several months and neither will say if they suspect the vaccine. Maybe they don’t know either. 🥺

ReplyQuote
 Dia1
(@dia1)

Hi, 

I also got huge floater in my right eye after second shot of Pfizer. I am healthy female and I did not have any health issues before. Now it is two month gone and I doubt if the floater will go away at all. 

ReplyQuote
(@fazalsadiq)

@cjwebbie 

I have similar symptoms, what solution have you found ?

ReplyQuote
(@fazalsadiq)

@miriama 

i have similar symptoms as you. , did you speak to your physician what meds did they prescribe you ? 

ReplyQuote
(@swtammie78)

@flemingcool Thanks for sharing! Yes, I was pretty much back to normal when I had the MRI. It's been three days and my I've had a mild headache since the exam. I'm also really dizzy which is upsetting. But, I'm glad to hear that your symptoms went away soon after - something that I can also look forward to. 

ReplyQuote
(@gab234)

@nath7 Glad to hear that you’re feeling better lately, hopefully it stays this way and you’re on the track to recovery! 

my MRI didn’t find any abnormalities as well as the eye check - my eyes are all good so no obvious reason for the dizziness and the floaters. 

I am pretty sure your test won’t find any autoimmune diseases or at least not one that is permanent, this just has to be some autoimmune reaction that we are all having but I like to believe it’ll all pass. My doctor just said “at least we know you don’t have anything that will kill you” (lol) so I will leave it at that and try to stay as positive and well rested as possible. I’ve noticed that I always feel 30% better on weekends, so rest definitely has something to do with my health state. In my case long term anxiety mixed up with vax reaction and not clear what is having the bigger impact. Don’t underestimate the power of the mind (I know it’s hard when you have long term symptoms!), we can beat this!

ReplyQuote
Page 723 / 1151