Clear all

Covid-19 Vaccine side effects

17.3 K Posts
2261 Users
40191 Likes
2 M Views
(@rainyday)
Very Active Member

@sarahrua I've been thinking about trying CBD, too. I've read it helps reduce inflammation, which I suspect is what's causing many of our symptoms. 

Chelsun and Chelsun reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sarahrua)

@rainyday I think I will give it a try.

ReplyQuote
 Tarx
(@tarx)
Very Active Member

@sarahrua I’ve just started taking cbd oil! Will let you know how it goes x

ReplyQuote
(@sarahrua)

@tarx Thank you!!!! Please let me know

Tarx and Tarx reacted
ReplyQuote
 Dee
(@medee)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @marieski858

@medee Nope none, every time I took Benadryl, Aspririn or Advil or Zyrtec thinking it would help I usually had a bad reaction, the buzzing in my nerves felt worse or I felt much more anxious. Most medications need to be processed through the liver and kidneys and on an already stressed system for me it made things worse not better, same goes for prescriptions that doctors prescribe us not even knowing what’s wrong with us, it’s shameful. That’s all they seem to know how to do, if you really want some good medical advice go see a functional medicine doctor or naturopath 

But medication might help some people and help to take the edge off of symptoms, I relied more on quality nutrition to give the body what it needed to do it’s thing and some supplements for support but no meds for me

I agree. Went to a Neurologist yesterday. He prescribed some nerve pain/ anti depressant made me feel worse. I guess, the best way is to let the body heal itself naturally.

I don't think doctors are helpful. 

ReplyQuote
 Dee
(@medee)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @thenystagmus
Posted by: @medee
Posted by: @thenystagmus

Hi Dee,  Read your post this morning... been thinking about it since. Thankfully, I've been feeling good enough to be diving back into keeping pretty busy.

My symptoms were primarily vestibular with enough others thrown in for a really good scare! Like many others here, I had a number of tests, some expensive, to rule out the beginnings of diseases that I definitely didn't want to be diagnosed with, but feared I deserved to.

I was reading on another site tonight and someone remarked that their doctor said their condition was regressive, rather than progressive. Whatever went wonky for us, I've thought for a long time that our damage mimics many chronic conditions, but here we are with a lot of us having intermittent regression of our symptoms and some of us having that eventually culminate in an increasing degree of recovery. Will we all totally recover? I'm sorry, I dunno ...and I don't think anyone does! But I think it's healthy for us to hope for recovery and remind each other that many of us have had numerous relapses. And consternating as they are, they don't seem to be the last word. I read accounts here of others that have had reactions to other vaccines and medications that continued to experience recovery for years. So, since I'm not 100% recovered after 8+ months, I'm still hoping for more for myself. 

I did correct my vitamin D deficiency, continue that supplementation, and started taking vitamin C and a low dose of ibuprofen, which I've also continued. I also did 2 short low dose steroid treatments (Medrol pak) about a month apart earlier on when my symptoms were at their heights. But I believe 3.5 months of vestibular therapy was what got me from a plateau that I was relapsing from to 90+% recovered today.

I've also seen how I've encountered many levels of new normals over the years in many areas. To name a few, AIDS brought about universal precautions. I was going to school and working as a respiratory therapist at the time and I saw a lot of changes come about for personal protective equipment. If you can believe it, before then I don't think dentists even wore gloves! Then 9/11 happened and security barriers sprang up at airports, you had to show a crazy amount of ID to open a bank account and we started having to go through metal detectors in federal buildings. All of these, more or less, are things we've accepted as new normals. Now we've been going through this pandemic that's brought about a lot of changes, some of which may remain as new normals.

As I've moved from being incapacitated by this beastie, to regaining more and more normalcy in my life once again, I've accepted some of my continued damage as a possible personal new normal. But I don't want this beastie to win. I don't want to give a shred more of my life over to it than I absolutely have to!So... I'm happy to say I hope our conditions are regressive, not progressive. And as time goes on, I have hope that our beasties will regress more and more into a corner where we're affected by them less and less and even eventually think about them only slightly.

I've unwillingly given up this spring, summer and part of autumn to this battle. And there were many days that the best I could do was to creep from my bed to my couch and to the kitchen a couple of times. I did a lot of research and sharing (and venting) here during those long hard days. I can make some concessions to bearing some aftereffects, but I want to come out on top of this, and stay there! And I want everyone here to also! 😏🙏

I don't know whatbis scary - something coming up in the reports or our reports coming back to normal but the symptoms remain. 

How is nothing showing up in the reports. What kind of ghostly issues are we experiencing? 

I read aboit FND the other day. Functional Neurological Disorder in which the reports don't show anything and not many Neuros are aware of how to treat this condition and there is less research on this. So most doctors will put it on the patient saying its all in your head.

I somehow assume we have been affected by this. And I don't know how to live my life with so many things happening to me at the same time. I am going to see a Neuro but I don't know if that'll be helful or not. Will I get cured or I will be laughed at for saying I am suffering post the vax.

I feel like ending all of this for once at times. Sometimes I feel this is not me and I can't just giveup on life. I have never wanted to live so much as much as I want it now. If God appears is fromt of me as grants me one wish, I just ask for giving me back my healthy body as it was before getting injected with this substance.

While life is not all merry and we cannot determine what's coming next for us. I know, I do not deserve to live like this nor die such a painful death.

I have been to a doctor and an ENT and both denied in their own way that it can't be the vax. Yeah, I am crazy! I am making it all up. Its difficult to listen to all of this while you're already the one suffering.

I'll share what my Neuro has to say once I visit. There are days I feel everything's fine and then it all comes down by the evening. Night time is the most difficult one. 

I am certain this all is FND and that's why nothing is showing up in our reports. I suggest you all to read about it and maybe ask your Neurologists if it is the case. 

I still hope we're not suffering from anything at all and all of this subsides with time on its own and never ever comes back but, seeing everyone's comments who've been here for almost 6-8 months and still no improvements, I don't know what to say. 

For me, its just been a month now. And I already can't take it. I don't know if I'd want to live such a life for long. I just can't imagine it. It's already driving me crazy!

I think the medical professionals really don't know what to make of our lack of diagnostically conclusive results, and don't really have a clue what to look for. Even when they so find something askew, it seems like a lot of us head toward more normal results if they do retests later. I believe our bodies are designed to fight to recover from this insult and it takes varying amounts of time for them to regroup and come out winning.

I think the only way to cope with all this is by looking at it kind of like we've got a terribly creative unpredictable dance partner to deal with! No, it's not us ...but we've got to deal with its missteps and try to realize it's likely to eventually get easier to live with, and maybe it will eventually go away, largely at the least.

I got to where I realized I couldn't afford to be so thrown off by those in the medical professions that couldn't associate what I was going through with my vaccination. Seems they can't afford to believe that -- but I can't afford not to. So. I was advised to see a neurotologist (neurologist/otologist combo doc), but my HMO insurance didn't have one in-network and refused to pay out-of-network. And I couldn't find any neurologist that dealt with vestibular issues. Then I started getting better and decided to ride it out without anymore doctor appointments, especially since my ENT was talking about trying to help me by carving out my sinuses! No thank you!!

So, one day at a time, I put one foot in front of the other, rinse and repeat... No one can predict how long our courses with this business will be ... longer or shorter... But I found out a long time ago that if I try to live a lot of future days, it stymies me. So, today I do what I can and try to wring all the goodness out of each day that I can. And I hope you will too! Godblessings on us all! 😏🙏

Yes, agree! Doctors are experimenting on our already wounded bodies. Went to a Neuro yesterday was prescribed some nerve pain/anti depressant, took last night, now I feel worse. I hope this will go off in a day. 

I feel the best way is to let the body heal itself on its own. Nothing external is helping it any way. 

I will continue with keeping myself as busy as I can. Continue having anti-inflammatory foods. Rest, pray, keep faith, repeat - this will be my mantra. 

My friend recently told me "Doctors are bot God. Wht if they tell you, you won't make it, will you giveup?" People have come out of Cancer and many other life threatening diseases, why won't you? You body is much stronger than you know. You are the one who can heal yourself. Have faith in God and nobody else!" I'm now gonna stick to this.

With time, I am going to keep faith that I will be better. Stopping all medications and will only continue Vitamin supplements and keep faith. That's all.

ReplyQuote
 Dee
(@medee)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @jen789
Posted by: @seemamkhrj

@jen789 - Thank you for your response Jennifer. Do you mind sharing what symptoms you had from the vaccine apart from the fullness of ears and dizziness. Did you also notice eye floaters or any other vision problems? Have you recovered 100% from the flare-ups caused by the vaccine? My neurologist prescribed me topiramate to see if this helps in getting rid of the inflammation and reset the brain. I am not sure if I should wait it out like many others or take the med. I am almost 70% back to normal. I got my vaccine on 3rd June and believe would have recovered faster had I not contracted flu from my daughter (who is only 3 and keeps picking up new viruses from her daycare). 

I am so glad to see someone feeling better on this forum. How have you been feeling these days? Did the meds prescribed by the Neuro help you? Have you reached 100% recovery with no relapse?

If I may ask what were your symptoms? I have tingling, muscle tremors, now also feel like something crawling on my body and the head, weakness in hands and legs and nerve pain. Also have tinnitus and chest pain at times.

Do let me know as I too am planning to see a Neuro and I hope this works as I am tired of counting doctors since last 1 month and still felling terrible.

Hey, pls do use the Quote option whike responding. It helps. Take care!

Just a FYI, some of the symptoms I am seeing listed in some posts can be common side effects of meds like topomax, gabapentin, and others. My former neurologist several years ago prescribed me those types of meds and they made all of my vestibular issues much worse. My neurologist now keeps me far away from those types of meds. You may want to avoid those meds if being prescribed something to try to treat issues you are having after the vaccine. 

I visting the Neuro yesterday and took the tablets prescribed, it just made everything worse for me.

Now I am just going to live with these symptoms and not let any medication further ruin my already troubled body. The Neuro said I seem fine and my nerves are responsive to the physical examination he did. Also when I told about my symptoms, he did seems a bit unsure and told, "You seem confused" to which I replied, "I am not confused. This is what is happening in my body and there are many things happening at a time." He was all ears but definitely confused. He said it is probably some chemical reaction in the brain that has caused it to send such signals to the body. I am thankful that he did not say I'm crazy or something.

While the tablets aren't being helpful. I am at least now sure that no doctor can fox my issue. The biggest healer here is time. I have also noticed the more we're anxious, the higher is the body's negative reaction. 

I may not come back here so often or might never as it is just triggering me all the more. I will let me body do its work.

ReplyQuote
(@jen789)

@tabby Are you on any preventative migraine medications? Besides the three different injections now available, there are also two new rescue medications on the market now. They can be used as soon as a migraine starts (including vestibular) or can be taken every other day to prevent any breakthrough migraines. My neurologist is taking me through a trial where we are combining the injections approach with the rescue medication approach (every other day). I cannot say how the trial is going because we just started it. 🙂 

Tabby and Tabby reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jen789)

@jen789 - Thank you for your response Jennifer. Do you mind sharing what symptoms you had from the vaccine apart from the fullness of ears and dizziness. Did you also notice eye floaters or any other vision problems? Have you recovered 100% from the flare-ups caused by the vaccine? My neurologist prescribed me topiramate to see if this helps in getting rid of the inflammation and reset the brain. I am not sure if I should wait it out like many others or take the med. I am almost 70% back to normal. I got my vaccine on 3rd June and believe would have recovered faster had I not contracted flu from my daughter (who is only 3 and keeps picking up new viruses from her daycare). 

I am so glad to see someone feeling better on this forum. How have you been feeling these days? Did the meds prescribed by the Neuro help you? Have you reached 100% recovery with no relapse?

If I may ask what were your symptoms? I have tingling, muscle tremors, now also feel like something crawling on my body and the head, weakness in hands and legs and nerve pain. Also have tinnitus and chest pain at times.

Do let me know as I too am planning to see a Neuro and I hope this works as I am tired of counting doctors since last 1 month and still felling terrible.

Just a FYI, some of the symptoms I am seeing listed in some posts can be common side effects of meds like topomax, gabapentin, and others. My former neurologist several years ago prescribed me those types of meds and they made all of my vestibular issues much worse. My neurologist now keeps me far away from those types of meds. You may want to avoid those meds if being prescribed something to try to treat issues you are having after the vaccine. 

I visting the Neuro yesterday and took the tablets prescribed, it just made everything worse for me.

Now I am just going to live with these symptoms and not let any medication further ruin my already troubled body. The Neuro said I seem fine and my nerves are responsive to the physical examination he did. Also when I told about my symptoms, he did seems a bit unsure and told, "You seem confused" to which I replied, "I am not confused. This is what is happening in my body and there are many things happening at a time." He was all ears but definitely confused. He said it is probably some chemical reaction in the brain that has caused it to send such signals to the body. I am thankful that he did not say I'm crazy or something.

While the tablets aren't being helpful. I am at least now sure that no doctor can fox my issue. The biggest healer here is time. I have also noticed the more we're anxious, the higher is the body's negative reaction. 

I may not come back here so often or might never as it is just triggering me all the more. I will let me body do its work.

It really sounds like you went to a neuro that does not have the experience required to work with complicated cases. My neurologist is a research doctor and also has access to just about all the new meds out there. There are medications out there with little to no side effects now. I saw a post where someone said their neurologist was using topiramate to reset the brain. That drug does not reset the brain, so I have no clue why their doctor would say that. It is an epilepsy medication that is used off-label to treat migraines. It is an older med, and honestly, it is known to just make things worse. If  you want a drug that resets the brain, you would need something like valium. The higher the dose, the greater chance of the brain resetting. My neurologist has done that one time with me  along with a round of steroids. I think we did the steroids and then valium. We kept the valium dose low because I still had to take kids places, but if I did not have to, we could have increased it. Actually, if I remember correctly, that is what we did after my 2nd dose of the vaccine. There is something that will definitely reset the brain -- anesthesia. Anesthesia takes your brain to a close to coma state, and that will reset the brain. I actually have an upcoming surgery sometime towards the beginning of 2022 and may purposely get my booster shot (if they try to require it) a little before it so that I can use the anesthesia to reset my brain. 😉 

ReplyQuote
 dee
(@deedee)

I’m a little over 3 months out from my first Pfizer shot. I have made improvements from my various symptoms which the dizziness has been the worst to deal with. But in the last week I’ve been experiencing lower abdominal pain, bloating and tenderness.  It has been going on for a week and actually pretty painful. I am 65 and been in menopause for many years. Anyone experiencing this symptom after getting the vaccine??  It is starting to concern me. 

ReplyQuote
(@marieski858)
Very Active Member

@medee Yes exactly, it’s so unfortunate that we have to rely on each other for support and medical advice instead of doctors! I’m so thankful for this community though it’s made much better to get through these past rough few months ❤️ Hang in there and rest as much as you can, one day at a time!

ukuk, Dee, ukuk and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ethan318)

@marieski858 

what kind of starchy vegetables did you eat? I tried a meat/protein diet but only lasted for 5 days. I really want to fix this. Are fruits such as apples oranges and berries  ok? What kind of protein did you eat?

ReplyQuote
(@marieski858)
Very Active Member

@ethan318 Hey there! Totally get it Im a carb lover and we NEED carbs to heal. Keto or intermittent fasting I don’t think is recommended for a weakened and inflamed state, it’s too hard on the body right now. Our bodies need constant and resistant starch for energy. I ate roasted butternut squash, roasted rutabagas and turnips, roasted spaghetti squash, roasted potatoes (mostly red). You can do sweet potatoes and yams too. I waited about a month for digestion to improve then gradually added in whole grains back like brown rice pasta, brown rice, cassava tortillas or potato or brown rice tortillas, oats if you tolerate then, whole grain gluten free breads, bagels etc.. 👍🏽 There are so many options for us these days to get healthy carbs! Don’t mix roots vegetables and fruit, they’ll compete for digestion. Eat fruit (preferably cook your fruit for easier digestion) with only the non-starchy veggies and never eat fruit alone! Always have a balance of 1/2 plate of non starchy veggies, 1/4 protein, 1/4 root or fruit and a small amount of healthy fat (ghee, butter, avocado oil, coconut oil if you tolerate it, olive oil). Bone broth amazing for healing. Have it with pink Himalayan salt (salt your food!) and with every meal with muscle meat have a little bone broth for digestion.  Also had lots of leafy greens like arugula (bitter veggies are really good for you), bok choy, asparagus and whatever others you like! Dairy (raw is best) if you tolerate it is very healing and a great balance of protein and fat and soft non-aged cheeses like mascarpone and ricotta. I used sheep milk yogurt (tastes just like cow) but much easier to digest for me personally with a little cooked fruit and raw honey, also very healing. Food is medicine!! (Also, Im drinking a naturally carbonated mineral water, My blood showed slightly low calcium…minerals and getting them in water is great for absorption. Acqua Panna, Gerolsteiner, etc…👌🏽Calcium, magnesium, sodium bicarbonate, potassium etc etc…Helps if you’re deficient) Take an Epsom salt bath, I do it every night. Hope this helps! You got this!

ReplyQuote
(@marieski858)
Very Active Member

Also you can have pretty much any protein but mix it up, try to have different protein for each meal (chicken (thigh, breast etc..), eggs if you tolerate them (either just the yolk or the whole egg), whole chicken cook it up and have it for a few days to make it easier, turkey, red meat, pork chops, wild salmon and white fish is good (cod, halibut etc)…and I ate smaller meals every 2-3 hours for insulin resistance and avoiding blood sugar dips. I stuck to lower sugar fruits like different types of apples and pears, berries, avoided bananas and oranges!

ReplyQuote
 Dee
(@medee)
Very Active Member

It really sounds like you went to a neuro that does not have the experience required to work with complicated cases. My neurologist is a research doctor and also has access to just about all the new meds out there. There are medications out there with little to no side effects now. I saw a post where someone said their neurologist was using topiramate to reset the brain. That drug does not reset the brain, so I have no clue why their doctor would say that. It is an epilepsy medication that is used off-label to treat migraines. It is an older med, and honestly, it is known to just make things worse. If  you want a drug that resets the brain, you would need something like valium. The higher the dose, the greater chance of the brain resetting. My neurologist has done that one time with me  along with a round of steroids. I think we did the steroids and then valium. We kept the valium dose low because I still had to take kids places, but if I did not have to, we could have increased it. Actually, if I remember correctly, that is what we did after my 2nd dose of the vaccine. There is something that will definitely reset the brain -- anesthesia. Anesthesia takes your brain to a close to coma state, and that will reset the brain. I actually have an upcoming surgery sometime towards the beginning of 2022 and may purposely get my booster shot (if they try to require it) a little before it so that I can use the anesthesia to reset my brain. 😉 

I am planning to stop all meds and just let my body try to fix the issue on its own.  

I think, this is the best I feel.

ReplyQuote
Page 727 / 1151