Clear all

Covid-19 Vaccine side effects

17.3 K Posts
2261 Users
40191 Likes
2 M Views
(@tennyson77)
Very Active Member

@sickofthis give me a few days 🙂 My symptoms came back slowly over a week or two last time after the steroids, so one or two days doesn't mean much.  I'll post an update in a week or so!  Stay tuned!

DrL, KitKat, DrL and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@gingerjones)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @yjjy
Posted by: @rainyday

I recently stumbled upon Life Extension's Cytokine Suppress supplement online and I'm curious if anyone has tried it? It has dozens of good reviews from people suffering from autoimmune illnesses that cause chronic inflammation - and even several reviews from people suffering from long-hauler COVID symptoms. I'm thinking of trying it! 

Hi I was also thinking of trying this but I'm not too convinced it will do anything. 

Have you tried it ? And if so Any luck ?

I tried, it and honestly can't say that it helped with my symptoms...I have tried all the supplements that people recommend on here and more and can't say they have had a positive effect on me...but, that is not to say it will not help you...From my own experience, I think time, eating clean and lots of rest has helped most of all...But, I am not symptom free by any means...

DrL, KitKat, DrL and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Lena
(@yjjy)

Posted by: @gingerjones
Posted by: @yjjy
Posted by: @rainyday

I recently stumbled upon Life Extension's Cytokine Suppress supplement online and I'm curious if anyone has tried it? It has dozens of good reviews from people suffering from autoimmune illnesses that cause chronic inflammation - and even several reviews from people suffering from long-hauler COVID symptoms. I'm thinking of trying it! 

Hi I was also thinking of trying this but I'm not too convinced it will do anything. 

Have you tried it ? And if so Any luck ?

I tried, it and honestly can't say that it helped with my symptoms...I have tried all the supplements that people recommend on here and more and can't say they have had a positive effect on me...but, that is not to say it will not help you...From my own experience, I think time, eating clean and lots of rest has helped most of all...But, I am not symptom free by any means...

Good to know. Im not going to try it , nothing in terms of medication or supplements has helped. Like you, rest, clean diet, and not exerting myself has been the most helpful... 

DrL and DrL reacted
ReplyQuote
 Dee
(@medee)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @windsor

@jkro he just said that Dr Murphy had reached out to him about the video he has made about the antibody spike protein explanation and that he thought it was breakdown of it.  

Are we close to any reseach on our issues?

ReplyQuote
(@rainyday)
Very Active Member

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/covid-science-virus-leaves-antibodies-203755094.html

I'm at work and can't post much, but I just read this article and it sounds similar to what's happening with us!

PCMN, LorraineB, DrL and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sickofthis)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @imcanad11

@swtammie78 Can I get some information as well? I’ve been battling this since April/May and haven’t had any kind of diagnosis. Best guess for me is something that’s messed up my CNS completely. I read on CNS Demyelination and that seems to be what I’m going through. I did a run of prednisone in October, and that gave me relief for about a month. The beginning of December I started going downhill again so I’m in the middle of another run of prednisone. 

Any info would be much appreciated! 

How did your second run of steroids go? I’m considering them for a second time as well. 

DrL and DrL reacted
ReplyQuote
KitKat
(@lmkk)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @nath7

@lmkk it’s shit 😅👎 this is the first virus I’ve picked up in 6 months and up till now this last month was the best I’ve had felt so much better. How long does the flare ups seem to last for yourself? I could see the light at the end of the tunnel was getting so close to being to get back to my old self and work! Hopefully just a minor set back 😊 hope your doing ok? 

My flare ups start a day or so before the symptoms of my colds show up then last for a few days after the cold symptoms go away so lasting between 1-2 weeks depending on how bad the cold was. I'm doing ok. A few more flare ups here and there but pins and needles very mild these days. I'm sure your flare up won't last long.

DrL and DrL reacted
ReplyQuote
KitKat
(@lmkk)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @shinexmonic

Hello everyone, I suffer from hypothyroidism, I applied the vaccine on August 18, the next day I had "normal" symptoms, headache, chills, snot, etc. On August 25 in the morning I had a slight dizziness but I thought it was hunger, this dizziness was getting worse until 11 pm when I could not stand it anymore and I was crying out for an ambulance, they took me to the emergency room, they said it was not the vaccine that was an attack from vertigo but nothing to do with the vaccine, they gave me a day's disability, it took me about a week to recover, I went back to the office (I work) and everything was half good for that week, on Friday a song that I liked sounded I turned my head a lot and again the vertigo returned, they took me in a wheelchair to the house, I asked for vacations and in that month I tried to recover, I returned to the company and everything seemed to be improving on October 10 I felt so good who went to the pool and it was incredible, on Sunday I woke up fine but at night I got a horrible headache and on Monday again dizziness. 7 doctors have seen me but none accept that it was the vaccine, I have taken dimenhydrinate, betahistine, without success. Even dizzy I applied the second dose on November 18 and two weeks later the horrible dizziness worsened and again for the emergency room, today is my birthday and I am too sad, I am going to an alternative doctor, he has done acupuncture and if I have felt slight improvement. He tells me that it seems like a circulation problem between the ear and the brain that could cause inflammation.

Happy birthday to you. Hope you get some answers from the alternative doctor. 

Dee, DrL, Dee and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
M
 M
(@windsor)

@medee no, not really. From what I saw, it's more at the point where dr see some of these issues and patterns and some treat them but it's all off label. The pool is to small to make certain medical conclusion, at least in many drs eyes. But with that paper which is still hypothesis, can open the door to explanation and possibility. And this Dr does speak about those off-label drugs. 

Tassie, Dee, Tassie and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@imcanad11)

@sickofthis I hate the side effects of prednisone… weight gain, insomnia, and of course, my heart palpitations returned while on it. My relapse was bad enough where I thought dealing with the prednisone would be worth it. Today is day 2 of not taking any prednisone. I still have brain fog, fatigue, body feels like it’s buzzing, and the associated anxiety with all this. We will see where I am in a week and reassess I guess. 

DrL and DrL reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sickofthis)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @imcanad11

@sickofthis I hate the side effects of prednisone… weight gain, insomnia, and of course, my heart palpitations returned while on it. My relapse was bad enough where I thought dealing with the prednisone would be worth it. Today is day 2 of not taking any prednisone. I still have brain fog, fatigue, body feels like it’s buzzing, and the associated anxiety with all this. We will see where I am in a week and reassess I guess. 

That’s a bummer! I hoped it would have helped. Yes I had all the prednisone side effects too, so I’m trying to weigh if it’s worth it a second time or not. I’ll check back in a couple days to see if any changes.

DrL and DrL reacted
ReplyQuote
(@hisrichess)
Very Active Member

fasting helps the body regenrate new immune system cells. here is the article i read. this makes alot of sense 🤷🏾‍♀️

https://news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/

gingerj, DrL, gingerj and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@swtammie78)

@imcanad11 Hi! I didn't have any info for the user. I chose to reply to a PM because I wanted to honor the method of communication, but in doing so I gave others the impression that I have the faintest insight. My apologies. On the contrary, my doctor did not offer any treatments to ease the symptoms - only said that it will get better with time. It's possible for the damage to lead to long term autoimmune disorders. We didn't discuss treatment because I was starting to get better. I received a medical exemption to the second shot due to an adverse reaction so there was consensus regarding what happened to me. Unfortunately, I was told that my experience is not unheard of following other vaccines, like the flu, and we still don't have a good idea of what causes it and therefore treatments are lacking. I hope that you find relief from whatever methods you can find. Maybe others will be more helpful regarding what worked for them. 

KitKat, Rainyday, KitKat and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Andy
(@andy2022)

This community has been so helpful to me the last couple of months so thank you to all of you.
I just wanted to add a post about my symptoms and recovery (about 80% in 2 months) in the hope it provides value to others in this forum who may currently be struggling with whatever this is!
This ended up longer than I thought it would be so grab a cup of coffee (no sorry, get water don't get coffee or beer :-).

I'm quite fit for my age and run and walk 25 miles per week. No medication and no health issues. No anxiety or mental health issues.

I had my first shot back in March 2021 (J&J). I had some mild symptoms for a day (tiredness and headache) but all very standard. On the day I went to get vaccinated J&J was all they had in stock. My personal preference (at that time) was Pfizer.
When the CDC recommended mix and match I decided to go with Pfizer for my second shot in Nov 2021 as it just seemed like it had better results than J&J.
The first day with Pfizer I had similar symptoms to the J&J and all was well for the next few days. On day 6 after the Pfizer shot was when things started going downhill. 
Each symptom detailed below (in order of when they first appeared) would diminish over the weeks and months but sometimes there would be occasional regression:

- Involuntary jerks mainly my arms and head and mainly at rest. It was so severe it kept waking me up so my sleep was affected.
- Internal tremor like I was connected to electricity (my whole body but more noticeable in the arms, hands and fingers). Never had this before and doctor (annual physical) felt it was my body's immune response but said it looked like an essential tremor. 
This was constant and still there today but much reduced. This is probably the biggest symptom for me as it feels horrible, just felt jittery all of the time and please don't do Google searches! Remember Google is just a keyword matcher!
- Muscle twitching all over (both sides of the body) especially calfs, thighs, arms, neck. Worse when at rest.
- Muscle fatigue especially calfs and forearms. I would feel weak after a walk or short run which I did not have during the previous symptoms. Felt the need to stretch constantly.
- Painful joints especially knuckles, wrists and hips/back.
- Not sure what's next...hopefully nothing!

After 8 weeks from the second shot I feel I'm now about 80% back to normal. Sometimes it regresses a little but the general direction is towards pre-vaccine days (how I miss those days!).
I'm still not exercising like I was before and will start ramping that up again hopefully in the coming days and weeks.

Supplements that I feel helped for me:
- A good multivitamin with higher doses of Vitamin B for nervous system
- Magnesium for muscles
- Vitamin D
- Omega 3 for the brain
- Turmeric anti-inflammatory
- Protein shake with blueberries (this really helped me with the muscle fatigue and could feel it all relax after an hour!)

Other things to note:
- Recovery varies for everyone, there are just so many variables at play such as times between shots, age, fitness, type of shots, general health etc. Some people have been 12 months and feel like they can't go on and I feel so sad when I read this. 
Please try and stay optimistic, as difficult as it is.
- Google searches can only bring anxiety. Most people with these symptoms have it on both sides of the body which tends to rule out some of the more serious diseases Google search results show (I don't even want to mention them here!).
- Some people say stay away from these forums. That is personal preference, I found them invaluable! Seeing other people with the same symptoms in this community removes anxiety for me.
- Try and stay positive. I'm not fully recovered but the direction is right mostly.
- Keep a score card for your symptoms each week as it's tough to compare from day 1 otherwise.
- I had submitted my symptoms through the official VAERS site and today I got an email from Pfizer asking for more details (which I provided). I choose to take hope from this.
- I likely will not get booster shots going forward, this last couple of months scared me. I've never been an anxious person before and I now know how that feels! I'm still glad we have a vaccine for Covid as a certain percentage of the population needs it, no question!
- On the subject of anxiety, it seems to amplify the symptoms, understandably so. Go for walks, listen to music, meditate, do whatever you need to do to try and stay calm.
- Caffeine and alcohol makes symptoms a little worse I feel.
- It may be the second shot that did it for me and may not be specific to Pfizer i.e. if I had Pfizer then J&J would the results be the same? No idea and will not be repeating this experiment 🙂
- The video from Dr Been was interesting regarding reasons for these symptoms. Also thanks to @tennyson77 who provided a great layman's breakdown on what it means - it helped my understanding!
- I think there are a lot of success stories, not everyone comes back to report them as they get busy with their lives. I'm posting this even though I'm not at 100% just in case I forget to do it later.

Anyway enough of my ramblings, hope it helps you if you're just starting out on this journey and thanks again to those that have been going through this before me and took the time to post their experiences.

Take care folks.
Andy

Stephen MO, DrL, Breanna and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sickofthis)
Very Active Member

Those of you that had brain fog, how long did it take you to get through it? Any supplements that may have helped?

ReplyQuote
Page 875 / 1151