2261 Users
40191 Likes
2 M Views
 Glen
(@glenb)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @medee

Can anyone please help me on this....

Do supplements help in recovering or is it just time that makes things better?

Is it of any help doing things as per a Naturopath or functional doctor or is it pointless? I am just trying to find out if these alternate medicines help us really or is it just waste of time and money.

I am planning to start treatment through a functional doctor but I am not sure if it really helps.

If anyone can help me on this, pls do. I don't wanna waste my hard earned money on treatments which won't do anything but at the same time willing to invest if it can cure me from this shit.

I take vitamins /supplements and I don't know if they helped or if it was just the 8 months since my symptoms began that brought me to this point of finally feeling good again. I have seen a NMD for digestive issues in the past and it helped but for this I'm just not sure what they could do.

DrL, Dee, DrL and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Glen
(@glenb)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @jaydev55

@glenb hey glen. You still doing better?  Did you ever have stomach issues?

I'm feeling good and yes I had stomach problems.

Barb and Barb reacted
ReplyQuote
(@aido1994)

@glenb Hi Glen,

glad to hear you are doing well.

I tried searching your posts for a symptoms list. I know you would have had plenty! Is there any chance you could write a list of what you experienced? For eg. chest pain, palpitations ect?

cheers! 

Barb and Barb reacted
ReplyQuote
(@nath7)
Very Active Member

Anyone else having quite bad breathing, neck pain back pain feeling like throat closing and weakness/tingling ? I think it’s down to Gillian barre syndrome. I personally believe this is what I’m dealing with and a lot of people are I presume that the good news is the most people do get back better  but it affects everyone differently and can take up to a year sometimes even more to get back fully fit. I was doing very good at month 5 then caught the flu of a virus which seems to of triggered it of again. Just my thoughts maybe something worth looking in to. 

Barb and Barb reacted
ReplyQuote
(@brucekeller)

Posted by: @nath7

Anyone else having quite bad breathing, neck pain back pain feeling like throat closing and weakness/tingling ? I think it’s down to Gillian barre syndrome. I personally believe this is what I’m dealing with and a lot of people are I presume that the good news is the most people do get back better  but it affects everyone differently and can take up to a year sometimes even more to get back fully fit. I was doing very good at month 5 then caught the flu of a virus which seems to of triggered it of again. Just my thoughts maybe something worth looking in to. 

My lungs have been bad for about 2 weeks now. Have had to use the inhaler multiple times every day... but I haven't had my Pfizer vaccine since August and I opted for J&J for my 2nd shot in November.  After the Pfizer shot, I had a numb left side of my face for 2 weeks and posted about it here, but then it went away thankfully.  It just came back 2 days ago! Looking up Gillian Barre, it does appear to show up after a respiratory infection, so maybe that's what it is?   Anyway, it sucks! I haven't had any weird stuff like this happen before that Pfizer shot and I also have been sick more in the last 5 months than I have in the last decade. It's pretty annoying to say the least. 

Barb, KitKat, Barb and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@nath7)
Very Active Member

@brucekeller defiantly sucks 👎 I feel the same was very healthy before this never had to go to doctors 😅🤦‍♂️ Fingers crossed! if it helps I did generally feel better at month 5 was my best month no real bad symptoms then after Christmas got the flu or something g then boom back with a vengeance, Gillian barre syndrome seems to fit the description of pretty much all my symptoms. And If it is that I think I read that 80 percent of people make a full recovery in 12 months. Hope you start to feel better soon 👍 just shit we are going through this 

KitKat and KitKat reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ruby-tuesday)

Getting Actual Covid Seems To Have Cleared Away Vaccine Side Effects

Long time lurker here, but when I saw this I really had to post! 

Back story is I got covid before it was recognised as being in the UK - I went to Spain at the end of January 2020 and 3-4 days after returning both myself and husband had the most awful illness with a relentless cough, night sweats, fatigue and difficulty breathing while walking. I phoned NHS but they said we didn't have covid as we hadn't been to China, despite not seeing us or doing any tests. I am now sure we definitely did have it. We both got better and during lockdown built our fitness back with lots of long walks.

When the vaccines came out we were happy to get them but I had instant fatigue with the 1st dose (Astra). I had muscle and bone pain but this eased in around a month with no medical intervention. I was more reluctant to take the 2nd dose, but wanted to be able to go on holidays and did get it. I told the administering person about my side effects and she said that it won't have as many side effects with the 2nd dose.(Astra) 

Oh how wrong she was! Again I had instant fatigue followed by muscle and bone pain, but this time I also developed a banging headache which lasted for weeks, buzzing in my right ear especially at night, heart palpitations and fast heart rate (resting at around 100-110), a rash on the back of my right thigh,fingers so swollen my rings were too tight, stiffness in my hands and feet, especially in the morning and lots of petichiae (this was confirmed by my dermatologist who I see regularly as I had a squamous cell cancer removed in May 2020).

I went on an anti inflammatory diet for 3 weeks and went to the Dr who gave me antibiotics to try to reset my system. She said I most likely did have covid previously and my body was going into overdrive trying to defend itself after getting the vaccine. She did full blood tests and they all came back as ok except for low in vitamin D. 

Over the next few months symptoms came and went but the swelling in my fingers and pain in hands and feet along with headaches, heart palpitations and ear buzzing stayed. 

Then in late November I went to Spain again and when I returned home on 1st December I had a scratchy throat, sneezing and mild diarrhoea, so I did a LFT which straight away was positive, later confirmed by PCR. 

Over the next few days I had some night sweats and my sense of smell went, but I felt fine and all symptoms improved by around day 5. 

But what I have found since the end of my covid episode is I feel so much better - my fingers are back to normal so I can type again, my rings are actually fairly loose and keep moving around now, my feet are no longer painful, my heart rate is much more stable (resting at around 75) and no more annoying headaches. The ear buzzing has subsided considerably but is still mildly there at night. 

Which is why when I read the post by Bro I actually gasped out loud as I couldn't believe someone else had experienced this! For so long I've been thinking is this all in my mind as so many others have had the vaccine and don't seem to be bothered by it (including my husband) and how can getting covid actually make me feel better?! 

I'm so happy to say I might not be going mad after all! 

Thank you to all who have posted on here as it lets others know they're not alone is experiencing side effects.

By the way I'm not going for a booster!! I asked NHS for antibody test but didn't get one. 

Barb, KitKat, Andy and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@rainyday)
Very Active Member

@lmkk No, unfortunately I'm in the US. I'm sure we have something similar, though, so I'll look into it. Thank you! 

ReplyQuote
(@rainyday)
Very Active Member

@plandistry Thank you for your reply! My supervisor is quite unforgiving (to put it politely.) But if she's required by law to accommodate me, I will ask that I be returned downstairs. I became so weak from having to go upstairs and downstairs that I was shaking - and it caused other symptoms to flare, too, such as heart palpitations and head pressure. 

It's humiliating having to use the elevator - elderly patients (I work in a clinic) and colleagues alike give me judgemental stares. One colleague even commented, "You took the easy way up, huh?" Six months ago, I could have RAN up those stairs. Now I move slower than a 70 year old. 

When I began this position in September 2020, I was a fit and healthy 26 year old and I did not purchase their short-term disability insurance. I had no idea that in less than two years, I was going to desperately need it. I suppose it's too late to purchase it now, yes? I assume I would need to be on it for a period of time before using it. 

Thank you again for your reply and your advice. It means a lot! 

ReplyQuote
(@rainyday)
Very Active Member

@jessiekhri I would love to work from home, but my company doesn't allow it for more than a week at a time - and because I'm working in reception, they wouldn't allow it all. I DO keep an eye out for other work from home positions, though, so maybe something will come up! 

Barb, Jessiekhri, KitKat and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Lena
(@yjjy)

Posted by: @ruby-tuesday

Getting Actual Covid Seems To Have Cleared Away Vaccine Side Effects

Long time lurker here, but when I saw this I really had to post! 

Back story is I got covid before it was recognised as being in the UK - I went to Spain at the end of January 2020 and 3-4 days after returning both myself and husband had the most awful illness with a relentless cough, night sweats, fatigue and difficulty breathing while walking. I phoned NHS but they said we didn't have covid as we hadn't been to China, despite not seeing us or doing any tests. I am now sure we definitely did have it. We both got better and during lockdown built our fitness back with lots of long walks.

When the vaccines came out we were happy to get them but I had instant fatigue with the 1st dose (Astra). I had muscle and bone pain but this eased in around a month with no medical intervention. I was more reluctant to take the 2nd dose, but wanted to be able to go on holidays and did get it. I told the administering person about my side effects and she said that it won't have as many side effects with the 2nd dose.(Astra) 

Oh how wrong she was! Again I had instant fatigue followed by muscle and bone pain, but this time I also developed a banging headache which lasted for weeks, buzzing in my right ear especially at night, heart palpitations and fast heart rate (resting at around 100-110), a rash on the back of my right thigh,fingers so swollen my rings were too tight, stiffness in my hands and feet, especially in the morning and lots of petichiae (this was confirmed by my dermatologist who I see regularly as I had a squamous cell cancer removed in May 2020).

I went on an anti inflammatory diet for 3 weeks and went to the Dr who gave me antibiotics to try to reset my system. She said I most likely did have covid previously and my body was going into overdrive trying to defend itself after getting the vaccine. She did full blood tests and they all came back as ok except for low in vitamin D. 

Over the next few months symptoms came and went but the swelling in my fingers and pain in hands and feet along with headaches, heart palpitations and ear buzzing stayed. 

Then in late November I went to Spain again and when I returned home on 1st December I had a scratchy throat, sneezing and mild diarrhoea, so I did a LFT which straight away was positive, later confirmed by PCR. 

Over the next few days I had some night sweats and my sense of smell went, but I felt fine and all symptoms improved by around day 5. 

But what I have found since the end of my covid episode is I feel so much better - my fingers are back to normal so I can type again, my rings are actually fairly loose and keep moving around now, my feet are no longer painful, my heart rate is much more stable (resting at around 75) and no more annoying headaches. The ear buzzing has subsided considerably but is still mildly there at night. 

Which is why when I read the post by Bro I actually gasped out loud as I couldn't believe someone else had experienced this! For so long I've been thinking is this all in my mind as so many others have had the vaccine and don't seem to be bothered by it (including my husband) and how can getting covid actually make me feel better?! 

I'm so happy to say I might not be going mad after all! 

Thank you to all who have posted on here as it lets others know they're not alone is experiencing side effects.

By the way I'm not going for a booster!! I asked NHS for antibody test but didn't get one. 

That's very encouraging to hear. It would be great if you can keep us posted on how you are feeling! Perhaps we shouldn't fear getting covid. But then again I'm sure there are people who feel worse after covid or a cold or flu...maybe it depends on the person ?

Barb, DrL, KitKat and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bowie)

Hello:) 

Can we recover?:(

can someone come forward who is recovered?

Barb, Dee, KitKat and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jaydev55)

@glenb That’s good to hear. Did you have issues gaining or maintaining weight?  If so, has that subsided?

Barb and Barb reacted
ReplyQuote
(@carlapucci)

@jeneticp  how are you doing. I to have had post shot reaction 3 weeks post my second Pfizer shot on 9/1. It's been almost 5 months of this and still struggling. also had a brain mri showed 13 small lesions they said not associated with any demyelinating disease. 
I'm so scared and nervous. Have another mri and C.R. mri scheduled soon. Please let me know your status hope all is well!

Barb and Barb reacted
ReplyQuote
M
 M
(@windsor)

Has anyone tried compressed socks? There is this condition named POTS where your body has trouble regulation different activities related to circulation (to name one)- example getting up, moving, eating. This condition can come from autoimmune responses (vaccine). I know for myself I find many similarities like tremors and dizziness. Apparently compress socks help and I've yet to try. Wondering if anyone else has done this Avenue. 

Chelsun and Chelsun reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 892 / 1151