Register online: https://bit.ly/3a5frRA
The course will focus on the assessment and treatment of patients with vertigo and dysequilibrium from unusual vestibular causes. The course is designed for clinicians (PT & OT) with prior vestibular rehabilitation course work and clinical experience. Material covered will include advanced techniques for treating anterior and horizontal canal BPPV, central causes of dizziness (including concussion), identification and treatment of cervicogenic dizziness, chronic subjective dizziness, migraine and other unusual vestibular disorders.
As vestibular disorders occur across the lifespan and with various disorders, this information is applicable to a large patient population with symptoms of dizziness.
This series is one course with 7 short video sessions. Each videos session is 1.5-2 hours.
- Course participants will be able to demonstrate the ability to diagnose and perform the various appropriate treatment techniques for anterior semicircular canal BPPV, and horizontal semicircular canal BPPV, including BPPV affecting the anterior arm of the horizontal semicircular canal.
- Course participants will identify the causes of cervicogenic dizziness and will be able to conduct and interpret a detailed examination of the patient to differentiate between vestibular and cervicogenic causes of dizziness.
- Course participants will be able to design and conduct a treatment program for individuals with cervicogenic dizziness, including manual traction techniques for the cervical spine and cervical kinesthetic retraining techniques.
- Course participants will evaluate central causes of dizziness, including CVA, brain injury, and concussion. Course participants will be able to design and modify treatment programs based on the nature of the cause of dizziness in this patient population.
- Course participants will distinguish among causes of dizziness such as chronic subjective dizziness, migraine-associated dizziness, and movement disorders. Course participants will be able to design and modify treatment programs based on the nature of the cause of dizziness in this patient population.
12.5 contact hours (1.25 CEUs). Intermediate level.
Course details: https://www.educationresourcesinc.com/courses/2020-05-28/advanced-vestibular-rehabilitation-online-series-2/