Join Cheryl Wylie, vestibular physiotherapist, in this 3 hour course about Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV). BPPV is a condition of the inner ear which causes episodes of dizziness, vertigo and imbalance. It can be a large risk factor for falls, especially in the elderly, and greatly degrades one quality of life.
Not all therapists are interested in taking post-graduate courses to learn vestibular rehabilitation, but many know the importance of recognizing BPPV with our patients, and the value of being able to resolve it. Take this opportunity to learn more about this condition and feel comfortable completing the test and treatment maneuvers with your patients.
During this Course, we will:
- Review the anatomy and physiology of the vestibular system in relation to BPPV
- Discuss how BPPV occurs, the difference between canalithiasis and cupulolithiasis, and which canals of the inner ear are most affected
- Go over the typical and atypical signs and symptoms of BPPV to look for in your patients
- Learn about nystagmus, how it occurs, and how it specifically presents in BPPV
- Complete BPPV assessment maneuvers including the Dix-Hallpike and the Head Roll Test
- Be able to generate a diagnosis based off our assessment findings
- Learn various treatment maneuvers and how to select which maneuver is best for which condition
Who is this Course For?
This online course is intended for physiotherapists, occupational therapists, chiropractors, kinesiologists, athletic therapists, PTA/OTAs, medical doctors, nurses, and anyone else in the healthcare industry who may come across individuals with BPPV. Vestibular and concussion therapists who are looking to understand Embodia’s vestibular exercise platform, education material, and resources will also find this of value.
– “This was awesome, thank you Cheryl! The first BPPV webinar I’ve stayed engaged in”
– “Thank you so much. Very efficient and clear. Best webinar I have attended in quite some time.”
– “Such a great presentation Cheryl. Thanks for these incredibly succinct and accessible tools.”
– “This was the best webinar I’ve ever taken. Thanks so much. This is a fascinating topic. I have learned a lot!”
– “Better than any BPPV course I’ve attended!”
BPPV Resource Package
As part of this course, you will also be introduced to Embodia’s BPPV Resource Package. This includes the following:
- Access to all BPPV tests and treatment videos which will be added to your Embodia Exercise Library. These videos are designed as exercise videos, speaking directly to the patient to guide them through the test or treatment. This can be used as a resource with telehealth appointments or can be printed off as follow-up care after a treatment session.
- A Practitioner’s BPPV Flow Chart. This chart is the simplest and easiest to follow BPPV flow chart available, including step-by-step directions for all treatment maneuvers for quick access in a clinic setting.
- BPPV Patient Education Handout, designed to educate your patient about their BPPV, and reduce anxiety and fear around the condition.
An Interactive BPPV Resource Tool
Healing Vertigo is an App designed to walk you through the assessment and treatment of BPPV. It uses the same patient-directed videos and treatment logic flow discussed in this webinar and resource package, making it a seamless resource for you and your patients. Use it as a practitioner treatment guide with your BPPV patients, or recommend it to you patient’s post-treatment for self-management of this condition. It reduces the challenge of BPPV treatment significantly, and gives you and your patients more confidence in taking on this condition.
Visit the Healing Vertigo Website or YouTube Channel to learn more!
Get the App! Healing Vertigo is available on both Google Play and the Apple App Store
Connect with Cheryl anytime to ask questions, clarify points, or just discuss BPPV!
Cheryl Wylie: [email protected]
View course at: https://www.embodiaapp.com/courses/942-bppv-feature-assessing-and-treating-dizziness-cheryl-wylie
Instructor: Cheryl Wylie
Course details: https://www.embodiaapp.com/courses/942-bppv-feature-assessing-and-treating-dizziness-cheryl-wylie