Clear all

Covid-19 Vaccine side effects

17.3 K Posts
2261 Users
40191 Likes
2 M Views
 Dus
(@dusl)

Is it normal to be suffering with vertigo all the time for 6 weeks post second Pfizer vaccine?

ive been to many doctors and they all say to just wait it will go away by itself but I can’t believe it’s still going on after 6 weeks.

1tahoegal and 1tahoegal reacted
ReplyQuote
(@anneornina)

UPDATE: One month after 2nd Moderna vaccination. 

Still have increased dizziness thru out day.  (Increased as I already have chronic dizziness from 2011 with a diagnosis of vestibular neuritis).  Eyes still irritated; no longer burning so much but watery now. 

NEW ISSUES: 

• VERTIGO -Along with increased dizziness, I am now experiencing vertigo at night when changing sleeping positions and/or waking up. (Have not had vertigo since 2011).
  • BURNING FACE - Burning eyes not so noticeable but now the skin on my face is burning when I first wake up.  Weird!!!

I think these new conditions are somehow related to initial effects of the vaccine:  Increased dizziness, burning eyes and now . . . vertigo and burning skin on my face.

Not very excited about getting a booster vaccine!!!  Sending caring thoughts to all.

LadyD and LadyD reacted
ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

If you have some time and it's not too uncomfortable to spend it reading, this is an article about long Covid, but I would recommend it as worth your time as it covers information that I think could be appreciated by a majority of us. It explains that there's a subset of patients that experience longer lasting effects from many things medical, which applies to those of us having symptoms longer than the couple of days experienced by many that are vaccinated. And of dealing with the fallout of attitudes towards those with complaints that largely fail to be detected by medical investigations. Here's the link - enjoy!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/22298751/long-term-side-effects-covid-19-hauler-symptoms

ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

Now a little over 6 weeks after my Moderna vaccination I'm continuing to improve. Not all the way into vertigo/nystagmus anymore, unless maybe still a bit when I'm in bed. I think I've gotten to where I can shrug that off without nausea being triggered. A little daytime dizziness less and less, so I think I should be charging back into my previous level of activities - but not so. I do push myself into bursts of action, but I suspect my body and brain are working really hard to compensate for erroneous info coming from my vestibular apparatus, which is pretty fatiguing. I'm hope this too shall pass, while trying to be patient with the process. I'm definitely grateful for improvement. When I think back I remember how dreadfully impacted I was earlier on! I had given up on being contacted for vestibular therapy, but after 9 days of waiting I finally got a call and made an evaluation appointment for the end of next week. I don't expect they'll make me throw up by challenging me with testing at this point, and I'm looking forward to any helpful diagnosis and treatment they can give me. I'm hoping for continued improvement for us all!

ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

Posted by: @savoyil

@thenystagmus

It could be the vaccine is new, also they don't want to panic the public into not getting the shot. Side effects are actually part of a lot of vaccines, particularly some of the ones the military gives for tropical diseases. There is psoriasis in our family. My brother joined the Marines twenty years ago and said he suddenly got it a few months after all the vaccines they give you and said the Anthrax vaccine was particularly strong. I seem to get a psoriasis break out on my scalp the month following my annual flu shot.

I've read some information about that Anthrax vaccine ...yeah, I saw that a lot of military had issues after getting that one, but it took a while to get blame placed in its direction. I think the fallout from that set the military up to not be able to require military members to get the Covid vaccine while it's still in the emergency approval stage.

There's a lot of fascinating information out there about our immune systems responses to many things ...and much more yet to be understood.

1tahoegal and 1tahoegal reacted
ReplyQuote
(@juj312)

@chels8957 I'm having a very similar experience, 5 days post Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Have you improved since your post?

ReplyQuote
(@kiko99)

I got my first Pfizer shot Jan 21 2021.  Just got a sore arm.  Got my second Pfizer shot Feb 14 2021.  Again, just the sore arm.  However, now, middle April, I have felt some dizziness. Nothing major.  Also some fatigue.  And most recently some facial numbness.  I don't think it's Bells Palsy as it's not just on one side.  It's more just a general facial numb feeling.  I'm planning on taking an antihistamine.  I don't particularly want to be on a steroid (such as Prednisone, for example), as they can raise blood sugars, and also cause a ''moon face'' side effect.  The slight dizziness and fatigue seem to have dissipated somewhat.  I'm hoping the antihistamine will help the facial numbness.  Is there anybody else on here who has experienced some facial numbness or puffiness?  Perhaps these symptoms could just be the result of my immune system kicking in, in response to the vaccine,  which is supposed to be good, as it shows the vaccine is working.  But all the above happened quite a long time since I got my second jab back on Feb 14.  TIA to all responders.

ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

Posted by: @2324vwea

Can someone please tell me how to keep track of specific peoples posts. I want to see if anyone has recovered.

Hi Vanessa, to see a member's list of posts, try this - click on the orange down arrow above the date and time of one of their posts. This will reveal a double set of speech bubbles. Click on this and you'll see a list of their posts. Click on one to read it.

Some here have recovered, others are improving - some with better times, then not as good, but getting better overall. I'm 6 weeks out from vaccination and about 85% better. I hope you feel better soon!

vibirdlady, vibirdlady, clr and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

Posted by: @claire0125

@thenystagmus

I did in fact get the Moderna vaccine, and my ENT did ask me which specific one I got so it could very well be the reason he did not see anything directly related in what he read. He did say that the entire practice has seen a rise in tinnitus since COIVD and has seen lots of people who have received vaccines who have not experienced any symptoms. I am not saying that he is wrong or right in his findings on my tinnitus, but rather just his current case-by-case reaction to me specifically. I went and checked in the packet I was given and the Moderna does not mention anything about ringing in the ears. 

I did decide to hold off on the second one for a little while because I have noticed the ringing becoming less noticeable over the past few days. 

I got the Moderna vaccine also. The information handed out to me with it didn't mention dizziness as a side effect to expect either, except in the section regarding immediate allergic responses. When I went to my clinic a month ago they had me talk to someone from the "Covid team" that was involved in vaccine administration. I was 12 days post vaccination then and she declared my dizziness that had started 10 days before to now be unrelated to the vaccine. When I was seen in the clinic the next day there was no hesitation in making the connection to getting the vaccine and I was advised to cancel my second vaccine dose appointment. Of course, I'm not happy that's it's happening to some of us, but since it is I'm glad that some of our medical caregivers are taking note of an uptick in these problems and making associations with the vaccines.

ReplyQuote
(@thansgen)

Hello, like many of you I have been experiencing vertigo, aural fullness, facial sensation, and brain fog since my covid-19 vaccination through Pfizer on 4/5/2021. I am apart of a Facebook group which is Tinnitus/Hearing Loss/Impairment after Covid Vaccination, we encourage you to join if you are experiencing the same symptoms. I have also compiled a form in order to provide the unique experiences of individuals to the applicable top health officials in the United States which can be found here https://form.jotform.com/211068128868159?fbclid=IwAR1eM5M6GGYF8SjOeysQ-c5idjhXPR7022nawffpMY77B8DezuqzTcl5Vjs

If you are comfortable to fill out the form, it would be greatly appreciated. PLEASE see a doctor and fill out the VAERS reporting form as well to this as those are the main steps to getting answers to get you back into the health you was prior to experiencing the above stated symptoms. Much appreciated, your fellow vertigo sufferer.

R3020 and R3020 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@r3020)

@saratogaoliveoilco - Recommendations for your ENT's name? Many practices are taking online appointments now and I'd like to see someone who has been dealing with this. 

Sheri G. and Sheri G. reacted
ReplyQuote
(@r3020)

Can we get a recommended list for doctors and ENTs that are effectively treating patients and sympathetic to the symptoms people here are experiencing. Many offices are now doing virtual visits and I would rather see someone who is familiar with these side effects from covid or vaccine as that could increase the efficacy of the response/treatment. 

Please reply with medical provider names and contact info in various cities or virtual that you would recommend related to your treatment.  

Sheri G. and Sheri G. reacted
ReplyQuote
(@luann777)

@jketcham

Hang in there you are not alone. I understand feeling dismissed. I have seen several doctors and they all seem to not want to link the connection. 

1tahoegal, 1tahoegal, jketcham81 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jketcham)

Posted by: @luann777

@jketcham

Hang in there you are not alone. I understand feeling dismissed. I have seen several doctors and they all seem to not want to link the connection. 

Thanks, that's why I've yet to go see any doctors yet. Seems for the most part, what people say on here and on the Facebook group, is that doctors will try to treat the symptoms but won't acknowledge anything being linked to the vaccine. I'm on a limited budget, I can't just throw out $$$ for doctor visits only to be dismissed by them. I refuse to.

vibirdlady, dragonlover, vibirdlady and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mt53072)

@michaelk, the Risk  calculator looks Interesting.  Does it take into consideration if someone is partially vaccinated (with 50% immunity for 6 months)?  Or is it 80% for 6 months? Or it does not matter.  It looks like the risk is based a lot by age.

ReplyQuote
Page 104 / 1151