alia
(@sunrise)
Very Active Member

Herbal and nutritional remedies for CFS

https://youtu.be/UDLFAUMpc-E

ReplyQuote
(@ksharky13)
Very Active Member

Has anyone on this forum had any success/results using either Glutathione, Theanine or Magnesium Glycinate with any of their issues/symptoms?  I'm considering some/all of these supplements and realize there are certain risks associated with each of them  (albeit seemingly minimal).  Just looking for some insight.  Thanks.  

ReplyQuote
(@margaret2022)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @sunrise

@ksharky13 

About tinnitus

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9537871/

so does this mean that the tinnitus is not reversible? after reading this article it gives an overview of what is affected. I just wish there were meds that can be taken to decrease these receptors that are affecting the inner ear parts. Ugh 😩 

what are your thoughts after reading this article?

ReplyQuote
(@ksharky13)
Very Active Member

@margaret2022:  I didn't initially post this link.  However, I have read it and it does seem to indicate that tinnitus did not respond well to that particular treatment.  It also seem consistent with other information I've seem indicating that our immune system antibody response attacks the ACE2 cells in our inner ears as a result of something call "cell mimicry" where the ACE2 receptors are very similar to the spike protein created by the mRNA vaccines.  But, I don't think we really know yet if vaccine-induced tinnitus is permanent or not.  I would think that there would be a way for providers (ENT doctors) can test to see if our inner ear hair cells are reacting normally or not.  I'm getting flustered because the level of interest in the unexpected/unreported adverse effects of these vaccines has dropped off a cliff.  And they're still pushing more booster doses. To me it's bordering criminal now because they have to know the damage being done to so many people.

Has your tinnitus resolved at all?  On a scale of 1-10, how bad is it for you?  Is it both ears our unilateral?  Try to stay strong and optimistic.     

ReplyQuote
(@looking4answrs)

@marykateeddy I feel the same way! I can barely drive these days anything over like 50mph I get so disoriented like I can’t resolve/make sense of all the motion and then I get so nauseous I feel like I am going to barf/pass out. Been to ENT/neurologist/eye therapy/vestibular therapy and while I have some periods of feeling okay the vast majority of the the last 22 months have been rough. I got COVID over the summer and that seemed to have started this process all over and was a major setback 

It’s so weird one day my drive will be totally fine to work but then the next drive home will be horrible I can’t find a rhyme or reason to any of it so now I dread having to drive anywhere. Been driving to and from a major city for over a decade and it was like I woke up one day and couldn’t drive anymore. Also had my first panic attack ever while driving which I have never had in my life (I’m 36). I explained it to my husband it’s like my eyes don’t work or something it’s very upsetting. 

I also have a history of migraines but they were not terrible I would get one maybe 3-4 times a year now since I had covid it’s like I am either getting one or the ancillary symptoms of one (blurred vision nausea sensitivity) many days per month. My biggest trigger seems to be motion/fluorescent/bright lights but I am not sure what to even do about that. Neurologist wants to start me on migraine prevention medicine but I’ve tried a few and they make me even more dizzy/motion sick 

Made an appt with a rheumatologist and she’s my last hope I am not sure what other doctor to even see. They all dismiss as anxiety but it’s a new problem no one can explain

ReplyQuote
(@looking4answrs)

@marykateeddy I feel the same way! I can barely drive these days anything over like 50mph I get so disoriented like I can’t resolve/make sense of all the motion and then I get so nauseous I feel like I am going to barf/pass out. Been to ENT/neurologist/eye therapy/vestibular therapy and while I have some periods of feeling okay the vast majority of the the last 22 months have been rough. I got COVID over the summer and that seemed to have started this process all over and was a major setback 

It’s so weird one day my drive will be totally fine to work but then the next drive home will be horrible I can’t find a rhyme or reason to any of it so now I dread having to drive anywhere. Been driving to and from a major city for over a decade and it was like I woke up one day and couldn’t drive anymore. Also had my first panic attack ever while driving which I have never had in my life (I’m 36). I explained it to my husband it’s like my eyes don’t work or something it’s very upsetting. 

I also have a history of migraines but they were not terrible I would get one maybe 3-4 times a year now since I had covid it’s like I am either getting one or the ancillary symptoms of one (blurred vision nausea sensitivity) many days per month. My biggest trigger seems to be motion/fluorescent/bright lights but I am not sure what to even do about that. Neurologist wants to start me on migraine prevention medicine but I’ve tried a few and they make me even more dizzy/motion sick 

Made an appt with a rheumatologist and she’s my last hope I am not sure what other doctor to even see. They all dismiss as anxiety but it’s a new problem no one can explain

ReplyQuote
(@looking4answrs)

ReplyQuote
(@looking4answrs)

ReplyQuote
(@cramps2021)

@pfizerinjured 

Blood pooling/cramps/pins and needles sounds like circulation issues such as PAD or venous insufficiency VERY common with high cholesterol patients. I’d advise against taking only small amounts of medication that is prescribed by your provider as this will through your cholesterol numbers off and throw off your plan of care. Also it’s just irritating that patients toy with their meds.

statins are traditionally supposed to be taken at night as this is supposed to help with the cholesterol spikes in the middle of the night. Here in the states we always have it given at night unless there is a reason the patient must take it during the day. 

Additionally, many people have fatty liver disease so you don’t want to mess around with too many herbal supplements that affect liver. Additionally, statins also can cause an insignificant rise in liver enzymes but if you are taking a bunch of meds that are metabolized through liver (as most meds and supplements are… but not all), then it would be hard to tell what is causing the liver enzymes to be elevated.

with having Hashimoto’s and leaky gut… might want to check for celiac disease as it’s quite commonly seen together (I have both).  Celiacs also have higher risk of NASH due to GF diet.    For supplements, pick one prices “in the middle of the road” is what my ND professors always said. Don’t go El cheapo like Walmart but don’t need to go really expensive.  Now is a middle that’s pretty good. Solaray, nutrigold, Olympian labs are good as well.  Good but on higher side although I get the vitamin D is designs for health (allergzymes, and probiotics are awesome too) and pure encapsulations 

hope that helps 🙂 

ReplyQuote
 alia
(@sunrise)
Very Active Member

A symptom that many people have told about, here on the forum, is joint popping.

Recently I watched a video on youtube and I found a comment that I think is very interesting and it is possible to be correct, namely that this symptom is partially due to MCAS:

“ … I am definitely a 0 on the beighton score but have craniocervical instability, knee and ankle instability that have gotten worse as my MCAS got worse. When I got super sick, all the joints in my body started popping and my joint instability got so much worse. When my MCAS flares, my joints literally feel less stable.  …”

DrL reacted
ReplyQuote
(@frankbkelly)

@margaret2022 https://www.hearingsolutions.ca/our-professional-audiologists/"}{"1":334 }">Simply horrible! My friends had told me countless heartbreaking tales about how getting vaccinated had caused hearing issues. I don't know much about medicine, therefore I'm surprised at how the human body can be impacted by a common virus or a vaccination against it. You should immediately set up a consultation with an audiologist in your area, I suggest you. Despite the fact that many people today use hearing aids to cope with hearing loss. But it does alter the daily routine in some ways. These tales make you even more reluctant to vaccinate yourself or your relatives. You have no idea what effects this might have.

ReplyQuote
DrL
 DrL
(@nresearcher)
Very Active Member

Had not heard of photobiomodulation therapy but it was used to increase blood flow to an injured area and treat an unusual long covid symptom:

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/covid-weird-symptoms-tongue-toe-virus

If insufficient blood flow to certain nerves, maybe in part due to inflammation of blood vessels/endothelium, is a factor in some long-term vaccine injuries, maybe increasing blood flow to some affected areas could be useful.

ReplyQuote
 Bro
(@heybro)
Very Active Member

@plandistry If your theory is true, what would be the cure?

ReplyQuote
(@margaret2022)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @nresearcher

Had not heard of photobiomodulation therapy but it was used to increase blood flow to an injured area and treat an unusual long covid symptom:

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/covid-weird-symptoms-tongue-toe-virus

If insufficient blood flow to certain nerves, maybe in part due to inflammation of blood vessels/endothelium, is a factor in some long-term vaccine injuries, maybe increasing blood flow to some affected areas could be useful.

I wonder if this is where diet and exercise could play a positive role in this theory as exercise would increase blood flow and diet can aid with decreasing inflammation. But then with certain causes exercise can not be a good thing as it would create worsening of symptoms. 

DrL reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1116 / 1151