Covid-19 Vaccine side effects

17.3 K Posts
2261 Users
40191 Likes
2 M Views
(@isismadec)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @rahtrip

@isismadec What surgeries did you have, if you don't mind me asking?

It's been a lot of years, but I think it was called an endolymphatic shunt or something like that. but I don't think that procedure is being done anymore because it didn't have a good success rate for a lot of people.  It was done as a less invasive procedure when the person still had usable hearing.  I think there are probably revised versions of the procedure being done now, but I don't know what that might be.

I believe that the astronaut Alan Shepard was one of the first to have the procedure, which was pioneered by Dr. William House.  Dr. House went on to invent one of the first cochlear implants.

ReplyQuote
(@sereneguy)

Hi, I just want to share my experience, hopefully it's useful.

Disclaimer: Below was just my experience and I simply shared what my doctor told me, it may not apply to you. Please consult with your doctor.

I had vertigo 8 years ago, it was pretty bad, I vomited 3 times a day, for 3 days. But that's pretty much it, after Epley maneuver, all were well. Fast forward to couple weeks ago, about 8 days after I got my second shot of Pfizer Covid vaccine, I started to experience mild dizziness. It got worse after a week. My doctor told me that it is possible that it is a side effect. When my body was building up immune system, inflammation could happen, and depending where the inflammation happen, it could trigger vertigo. In my case, it seemed that the inflammation happened on my middle ear, which made it produce extra fluid that triggered my vertigo.

She prescribed meclizine 25 mg, which is pretty much the same dosage as over the counter sea sickness medicine. While I was waiting for my prescription, I checked a over the counter, non-drowsy version of the medicine, and it has ginger root as the ingredient. I did some research, some websites mentioned the benefit of ginger root. So, I ended up trying to use ginger root powder (zingiber officinale) 1100 mg. It worked for me so far. I have my meclizine sitting on my shelf, just in case.

ReplyQuote
(@rraymo1123)

@jen789 so interesting. I feel like my symptoms are mimicking VM. I’ve had vertigo 1x in the past. My neuro think I should start nortriptyline for the headaches and dizziness. He’s thinking maybe this is a migraine that is also making me dizzy. Doesn’t see the link to the vaccine. Of course. I’ve never had a migraine in my life. I thought about maybe an injectable like Ajovy or Emgality to help, but it sounds like Ajovy didn’t help for your vaccine induced symptoms?  I’m currently on a steriod pack. Has reduced my dizziness and headaches from a 10 to a 3. My hope is that it kill any inflammation and jump start the healing process. Fingers crossed!

ReplyQuote
(@jen789)

@rraymo1123

Interesting that your doctor does not think it is related. My neurologist is not at all surprised that the vaccine sparked issues. He predicted it would and had advised me to not get the vaccine yet as he had wanted to see more data first. Then my husband’s work offered them, I found out my career field was going to basically do a get the vaccine or don’t work stance, so I talked to my neurologist and ended up getting the vaccine. At this point, I do not know that I will agree to a booster if they start saying we have to do that every year, but we will see how long it takes this flare up to turn around. 

ReplyQuote
(@jwtrust)

I am suppose to get my 2nd shot this next week but surely not planning to get it as of now. BUT someone, anyone, please tell me if 

your condition has gone away. My dizziness seems to be getting worse and it has been 2 and half weeks since first shot.  I called Pfizer,

they said let your healthcare provider know ASAP. I am thinking of going to ER tomorrow because I have to know. Is this the vaccine or

something else?  Thanks to anyone in advance that responds. I really have got to know quick. Thanks a ton. 

This post was modified 3 years ago by jwtrust

ReplyQuote
(@crazyzimmerman)

A week after the first Pfizer shot I got dizzy enough to go down to my knees so I wouldn't fall. After that I can still feel a mild dizziness now and then. I may not take the second shot. The scary part is that everyone who experiences dizziness never seems to come back to their posts with updates. What's happening to them?

This post was modified 3 years ago by Dizzy

KitKat and KitKat reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kimberlyloomis)

@krmizrachgmail-com

I decided not to get the 2nd shot. I had the 1st shot 6 weeks ago and I’m still having symptoms. I don’t feel confident enough to have the 2nd shot for fear I would feel worse. 

dragonlover, Karen Mizrach, Sassafras and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

Posted by: @jen789

@thenystagmus

What you described — the non-painful type of migraine could be behind why you are having problems now after the vaccine. You could have a pre-existing migraine condition that could be having an inflammatory response. You may not be having that type of migraine right now, but the other types of symptoms could be sparked by it right now. Just a guess of course. 

For me, I am dealing with being light headed, dizzy, full ears (kind of like you feel like you have an ear infection as they sometimes hurt), pressure in the head the more I do which can cause a weak headache, and then of course brain fog and sluggishness. I am not happy about the vaccine causing a flare up, and I do not think I will be willing to do something that sparks a flare up. When I get a virus, the flare ups are not as bad as this vaccine has caused. I am really hoping my medication turns things around when I take it May 1st. 

Hi Jennifer, I've considered myself fortunate to only have had the non-painful visual migraine because my mother and aunt had the painful ones. My mother would end up in the ER for injections, but I think they know a lot better ways to help with them now. I also had one previous episode of vertigo and nystagmus for one evening 6 months before my vaccination, so that may have predisposed me also.. 

The theories of inflammation and/or herpes reactivation (cold sore or shingles types) causing these issues makes a lot of sense to me. I have lots of different symptoms similar to yours that varying in intensity - sometimes something starts up and I purposely relax as much as I can and it subsides, other times it doesn't. I had a more dizzy and nauseated day yesterday - today started out that way but I kept active and felt better as the day progressed. This business seems to take its' own course, sometimes irregardless of what I do, or don't do!

I hope your upcoming monthly medication gives you a good result!

ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

Posted by: @rraymo1123

I’ve mentioned this before, but what if we made a Facebook support page?  I joined the Tinnitus Covid Vaccine support group and they have been amazing!  The are people in the group that don’t have tinnitus and have more headaches/dizziness. Aside from the amazing support, it’s also much easier to sort through questions and the search options are super helpful. Maybe I’ll ask the Tinnitus group to open it up to all vestibular issues. 

I'm not on Facebook, but this group is the right size for me. Just wanted to point out there is a basic search option here in the dark bar at the top of each page ...so, for instance, you could search shingles and get links to everyone's post that made a mention...

KSJ&J and KSJ&J reacted
ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

Interesting comments following this article, especially relating to hearing issues, tinnitus, ...and also other stuff we're talking about here:

https://www.drugdiscoverytrends.com/no-clear-link-between-covid-19-vaccines-and-sudden-hearing-loss/

KSJ&J and KSJ&J reacted
ReplyQuote
(@hollyd)

@ny01

Thanks, Rob - Just joined the group. I had joined a couple of different groups that were just generally tinnitus or vertigo related and had to leave as there was just too much negativity and deniers. Last thing we all need right now is to have to defend or argue that this is vaccine related! It is so nice to be able to have a place to go where others are going through similar symptoms! I am tired of family worrying and constantly asking how I am. I just say "better" and "I'm fine" now even when it isn't. When I first found this page through a google search it was on page 12 - and now it is 115 pages long! I was so relieved to know others were experiencing similar side effects which just reinforced that mine was vaccine related as well. I am very forceful with the doctors - or anyone - in insisting it is vaccine related and fortunately, I have found a good ENT who is at least open to the idea that it could be. I would not go to a doctor that would not at least consider it.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/265035901879921

ReplyQuote
(@hollyd)

@thenystagmus

Hi Sassafras - How frustrating to hear (no pun intended) these doctors discounting what we all know. Think I will try to find contact info for that Dr. Steven D. Rauch and point him to this page! It is frustrating that they are quick to discount the relationship to the vaccine but in the same breath saying it is all too new to know.

ReplyQuote
 Tim
(@tjmc)

Interestingly, i had almost no reaction after Moderna number1. Shot 2, I felt a little strange the next day while bike riding. Less endurance. Day 8, getting dizzy after getting up. 
BP, EKG all nornal. Another trip to the doc today. 

ReplyQuote
 Tim
(@tjmc)

@tjmginnis same. Sadly, “official” CDC info doesn’t list any of these effects. 

Sassafras, KSJ&J, dragonlover and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@acorn)

I was part of the Johnson and Johnson (J&J) clinical trials. I received my first dose on July 31, 2020. Ten days later I woke up and had to hug the bed as the room spun out of control. I was nauseous and threw up. I had no clue what was happening but went to my doctor and they diagnosed it as vertigo. I made an appointment with a physical therapist at an office that specialized in hearing and balance. By the time I met with them, most of my symptoms had subsided and all I could describe was a feeling of "standing on a boat" - it felt light there was just light movement underneath me. We scheduled a follow-up visit for a week later.

I am glad I did. My symptoms came back worse, but, thankfully, it meant they could give me a full diagnosis: BPPV. The Epley maneuver was used and it definitely helped though it did not make things miraculously go away. I went to about five physical therapy sessions which were focused mostly on Epley and a few other exercises. However, my symptoms did not fully go away until November, three months after the first dose. I actually withdrew from the study right before the second dose because I was still dealing with vertigo.

Neither the doctors at the trail site nor the main ENT doctor at the balance center could really explain how an adenovirus-based vaccine (J&J) could cause otoconia to form. There did not seem to be a logical link; but it seems too connected to be a coincidence.

I am 99.9% better now. Sometimes, when I am doing a fast movement (like a kettlebell swing) it feels like vertifo is about to maybe hit, but it does not.

I received my Pfizer doses on March and April 17. No side effects. No vertigo. Not really any fatigue, chills, headaches, etc. I am 2 weeks post-dose 2 and feel fine.

Amber and Amber reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 115 / 1151