Notifications
Clear all

Covid-19 Vaccine side effects

17.3 K Posts
2261 Users
40191 Likes
2 M Views
(@nicaclark)

@laurw where did you submit data to CDC? I'd like to submit my symptoms. 

Heather and Heather reacted
ReplyQuote
(@hollyd)

@korki777

Wow! I feel so bad for you!! Sounds like you are having a terrible time! My extreme dizziness lasted for weeks, also bad tinnitus, ear pressure, deafness in left ear. I also explained to doctor that is was not a vertigo, room spinning kind of dizzy but more like waves of motion sickness. I had two really bad episodes where I had non stop vomiting, severe dizziness - put me in the hospital twice. After second hospital visit, doctor put me on Meclizine 4 times a day for about two weeks and it seemed to help the dizziness. I was basically bed ridden - all while trying to work full time on my laptop in bed. I'm going into week 13 of this now, but the dizziness has been getting better over time and I hope yours will too. The tinnitus, ear pressure is horrible but comes and goes in varying degrees but I can deal with it at this point. Much better than the dizziness!! It can be a long, slow, exhausting process but I have tried to remain optimistic that time is the factor. I hope you find a good ENT who is open to the fact that this is vaccine related - and if he/she is not, find someone who is.
Many people are saying that steroids at the very early onset seem to be working. I was already 6 weeks in before I knew about that but my doctor recommended against it at this late point.
Sorry to say, you may be in for quite a roller coaster ride so buckle up! Some days you will feel it is getting better and then you have a really bad day. Please try not to get discouraged. I do believe time in what it is going to take.
I was so happy to find this forum and have also found a great Facebook group where you can hear how others are coping and dealing. https://www.facebook.com/groups/265035901879921

Sassafras, KSJ&J, Gloria M and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tabby)
Highly Active Member

@covidbraingirl Hi, I had and still have to a lesser degree most of your symptoms. It's been almost 9 weeks for me but it is improving. My back still aches so do my neck and shoulders. I take Dramamine for the dizziness and it helps. I take paracetamol and aspirin for the pain. I too am uncertain at this point whether to take the second one. Best wishes.

ReplyQuote
(@jen789)

@covidbraingirl

If you have a history of migraine, you may indeed be having issues caused by the vaccine. Many vestibular migraine patients are having issues with the vaccines. A lot of the time, all you can do is wait it out. I had my 1st dose in March 28th and 2nd dose on April 18th. I am still waiting and hoping things will turn around.  For those with vestibular migraine, any virus can spark a flare up, so it makes sense that the vaccine would as well. What is not known is how long the flare ups after the vaccine will last. There were some migraine patients in the trials and possibly a very small amount of vestibular patients in the trials, but no data was released on their responses to the vaccines. I was disqualified from the trials they said due to being a vestibular patient and the med I am on, and I probably can safely say that many patients with a history of dizziness will not be included in medical trials as many meds have dizziness as a common side effect. 

A lot of doctors shrug off side effects such as dizziness, vertigo, brain fog, etc. I am not at all surprised that they are not telling people that these can be real side effects of these vaccines. People do not know how dehabilitating this stuff can be until they live with it themselves. 

Gian79, Sassafras, vibirdlady and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@west1979)

@lukenick Yes, a lot of us on here have exp the heart rate issue. It seems to be fairly common. If your ears are being affected which would imply the vertigo, then that can do some funny things to your circulation and heart rate. Give it time and hopefully it will get better soon. Prayers for ya!

Amber, KSJ&J, vibirdlady and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michaelk)
Very Active Member

@mscrystalp lots of us have gotten relief. You need to read all the posts on the forum, there is a lot of information here. Being that this is an inflammatory response to the vaccine that is affecting the inner ear and causing the problem I suggest taking 800 mg(which is equal to 1 prescription Motrin) of ibuprofen every 6 hours to reduce the inflammation. Ibuprofen has a cumulative effect so it is important to be consistent and take enough to really work, half measures are the reason many things fail. Please report back either way.

ReplyQuote
(@martinacouture)

@b333
I have exactly same issues. I’m about 3 weeks after my shot. First week no issues but on day 7 I was not able to get up do to dizziness. Was stuck in bed for 3 days. I’m still dizzy ..... but not as bad. I can function but the constant “brain fog” and being dizzy and not feeling like myself is annoying.
Is there anything what helped you?  

ReplyQuote
(@zackaria)

@b333

Im in morocco , 30 years old, no smoking no drinking, i recieved the first shot of sinopharm vaccine in 9 febrary 2021, the diziness and vertigo started in about two hours later and is still here untill now, it is annoying and stopes me to live normal ..i would be very happy and delighted if someone who knew the same symptome declares the dizness and vertigo went away .    

This post was modified 3 years ago by zackaria

KitKat, KitKat, dragonlover and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@gloriam)
Very Active Member

@david hi David. Thank you for your comment. I had my first vestibular experience six years ago during the night and fell sideways into the side of our large tub cracking three ribs. We left on a seven week trip four days later despite my injury and as a result I suffered manageable dizziness. When we returned I went to my ENT and later was diagnosed with vestibular problems. I then worked with a PT for treatment and was fine until my last Pfizer on March 17. Have been dizzy ever since with spinning head when looking slightly up or down or sideways quickly or lying flat. It is now slowly getting tolerable however my headaches are daily and I am so fatigued I sleep during the day and am not motivated to do anything. My heart rate varies and can race high at night and early morning. Now I’m irritable and depressed due to how I feel from these Pfizer reactions. My husband who has had both shots at the same time as I is suffering the same symptoms too. I hate to say misery loves company, but it is he who suggested it could be reactions to the vaccine I believe is right given all the comments on this site/forum. He has never experienced vestibular, balance, or dizziness problems before or such bad headaches and fatigue. In a perverse way like this form, it is comforting. You, David, mentioned that some techniques you learned before have helped you post Covid vaccine vestibular problems, can you please share what has helped you? I realize you are most likely not a doc and would consider that you are sharing something personal that is not medical advice which many of the people on this site are also doing. Thank you in advance David...GloriaM

Sassafras and Sassafras reacted
ReplyQuote
(@connim)

Here is an update to my first post.  I started taking Claritin allergy medicine once a day about 6 days ago.  My symptoms have been drastically reduced and while I still feel occasionally dizzy I no longer have all day dizziness or the shattering fatigue I was dealing with.  I do have some mild tinnitus now with my right side being worse than my left.  Nevertheless, it all seems to be improving.  Haven't been willing to give up feeling better so, haven't tested not taking the Claritin yet.  Hope this might help some of you.

ReplyQuote
(@gloriam)
Very Active Member

@korki777 I’m with you as I’m sure many of us on this forum are, so hang in there guy. We will make it through these post vaccine symptoms including unbelievable head pain, dizziness, nausea, and other crap. On the positive side, we don’t have COVID and hopefully will not suffer the worst possible result that a half million souls in America have.

🙏👏🙏

didigo, didigo, vibirdlady and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tracem7)

@hollyd thank you for posting the Facebook link. 

I also ended up in the ER after waking up with a headache and slowly getting more nauseous through the morning. I called 911 when my left arm started to fall asleep, the EMT’s and doctors said that was from hyperventilating. Later my entire body went numb. I’ve had one shot of the Pfizer vaccine and had my episode 10 days after. I was throwing up so bad and disoriented, ended up laying on the kitchen floor and couldn’t get up to save my life. I’ve never experienced anything like this and the doctor at the Er seemed to dismiss my idea it may be related to the vaccine when I told him I’d only had one dose. He just kept saying vertigo and possibly migraine could have caused it. Currently trying to figure out if I should get my second dose or skip it...

ReplyQuote
(@isismadec)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @jen789

@covidbraingirl

If you have a history of migraine, you may indeed be having issues caused by the vaccine. Many vestibular migraine patients are having issues with the vaccines. A lot of the time, all you can do is wait it out. I had my 1st dose in March 28th and 2nd dose on April 18th. I am still waiting and hoping things will turn around.  For those with vestibular migraine, any virus can spark a flare up, so it makes sense that the vaccine would as well. What is not known is how long the flare ups after the vaccine will last. There were some migraine patients in the trials and possibly a very small amount of vestibular patients in the trials, but no data was released on their responses to the vaccines. I was disqualified from the trials they said due to being a vestibular patient and the med I am on, and I probably can safely say that many patients with a history of dizziness will not be included in medical trials as many meds have dizziness as a common side effect. 

A lot of doctors shrug off side effects such as dizziness, vertigo, brain fog, etc. I am not at all surprised that they are not telling people that these can be real side effects of these vaccines. People do not know how dehabilitating this stuff can be until they live with it themselves. 

What's so disturbing is that this information is being deliberately withheld.  The agenda is to get as many people vaccinated as soon as possible and they are lying to us to get it done.  They are banking on people blindly accepting what they are told and not looking into it further.  People do have a right to know what they might be in for in order to make a decision to get the vaccine or not.

KitKat, So_LL, KitKat and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@petera)

I am glad I found this forum, because I was so puzzled. I am a 57yo male. I've been having constant tinnitus since 2008, noise induced. Then in 2016, I lost about 70% of hearing in my left ear and later was diagnosed with Meniere's disease. I never had Meniere-related vertigo though, lucky, I guess.

On March 22, I had my first shot of Pfizer. Two days later, while getting out of bed in the morning, I had a sudden and pretty severe vertigo, but it was gone in 2-3 seconds. For the next couple of weeks I was having 8-10 vertigo episodes per day, always very short and always related to physical changing of position: rolling in bed in my sleep, getting up, quickly turning my head, etc.  Then the frequency started slowly decreasing.

On April 12, I had my second dose of Pfizer, which did not really affect vertigo attacks. Now I still have them occasionally, maybe 3-5 in a 24-hr period. They last seconds, but still unpleasant. I deal with them but forcefully tilting my head back, while still looking forward. That way they go away quicker, at least for me. But overall it's slowly getting better, thank God. 

I still have no regrets about vaccination and would do it again, even knowing all the consequences. Good luck to you all, my fellow sufferers. 

ReplyQuote
(@josiemarie77)

When I got my first shot thought I was ok. 1 week later got dizzy vertigo and got sick. Had a very bad upset stomach for 10 days then stared feeling better. Went for my second shot and 1 day later had a fever with chills and sweats. Still some dizziness and light headedness.  It's been 1 week since my 2nd shot and stomach is still upset and feel a Little light headed. Don't know how long this will last. Maybe call the Dr in a few days if it's not gone. Glad to know I'm not the only one that feels like this. 

Sassafras, vibirdlady, Sassafras and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 121 / 1151