Clear all

Covid-19 Vaccine side effects

17.3 K Posts
2261 Users
40191 Likes
2 M Views
(@cbfranc)

@sandram

Same. I have been 17 days out from the 1st Pfizer vaccine and still extremely dizzy, shaky, having palpitations and completely off. I am extremely worried. I took a course of Prednisone with no real change in symptoms. I'm an RN.  This is very disheartening and worrisome. I'm eating healthy, well hydrated and normally push thru anything. This is really too much. 

Best Regards, 

Connie C

Sassafras, KSJ&J, dragonlover and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cbfranc)

@2324vwea

Same but now I'm 17 days out from the first Pfizer Vaccine, an RN. It is worse today. I don't know what to do...

My Dr. doesn't have any answers. 

Best to you,

Connie C

ReplyQuote
(@edwinsmum)

Hi everybody 

Google brought me here, after talking to a friend who said she has been quite ill after her vaccine realised that I have been feeling exactly the same.

So I had my first vaccine at the end of February, and since then have been feeling pretty awful! The most concerning being a racing heart (palpations) and sudden but very server episodes of dizziness and nausea that seem to last for hours, I feel beyond drunk, the room spins and I have come close to fainting, they come out of nowhere and disappear but this happens upto 6 times a day! Ive been incredibly tired as well. On Monday Just gone I even went so far as to seek advice from 111 who put it down to anxiety attacks but with nothing to trigger them I am reluctant to take the medication prescribed for it. I have also been checked for thyroid function, had full blood tests and an ECG which all have shown nothing. My friend was told that these symptoms could last for upto six months by her doctor.

I read that someone else had dropped caffeine from their diet as I have and have seen a decrease in episode but they are still happening! 

Anyway thank you for reading this, I'm so glad that I'm not imagining what's happening to me and from the sounds of it I'm not alone.

Also just to add I am a type 2 Diabetic and my friend has graves disease.

This post was modified 3 years ago by Edwinsmum

Sassafras and Sassafras reacted
ReplyQuote
(@wynnwolter)

Im 21/F. Got my first vaccine on March 21st had severe brain fog and dizziness after the first week or so of getting the vaccine. Went to two doctors and they said I was having allergies/anxiety. Got blood drawn everything came back normal. Symptoms started to subside, although I was still having small bouts of vertigo. By this point was dealing with ear pain/fullness but dizziness was mainly gone. Went to two more doctors because I believed I had an ear infection, was given a 5 day course of Prednisone, which to be honest my symptoms were already subsiding so I didn’t think much about how well the prednisone worked. Got my 2nd Moderna vaccine about 2-3 days later and 2-3 days after that I was hit with extreme brain fog and vertigo again that lasted almost all day for 2 day. I had another doctors appt and mentioned that these symptoms are happening when I get my vaccines. Doctor told me it sounds like vestibular neuritis possibly triggered by the vaccine. She prescribed me a 10 day course of prednisone to help w the inflammation so hopefully that helps. I have also been taking 25mg meclazine for vertigo but tbh it doesn’t do much for me. I have found that ibueprofen has also been helpful w the ear pain as it is an anti inflammatory. On day 1 of my prednisone course, really hoping it helps. Otherwise think I might just have to wait it out. 

ReplyQuote
(@david)

@gloriam, Hi Gloria, sorry to hear about your covid vaccine side effects. I hope you and your husband get better.  Every case is similar but also different.  In my case, balancing exercising (yoga poses ) helps, breathing exercises, exercise in general, and learning to focus on something or point when about to lose my balance.  I tend to believe that stress is also a trigger so I try to lower my stress level as much as possible.   Best. David

ReplyQuote
(@r3020)

@covidbraingirl Very similar response. It lasted for me 12 days and now making positive progress. Lots of water, cayenne, ginger, multivitamin, vitamin c, ibuprofen, heat on neck, and Excedrin (as needed).  Cayenne as hot as possible in food form not supplement form was the most effective for providing short-term relief. I posted earlier with links to how cayenne can impact blood flow. Stay strong. 

ReplyQuote
(@chanda)

@sandram I had the same experience following 1st Moderna shot. I just got my 2nd Moderna shot 2 days ago, was terribly ill the following 36 hours, symptoms are now diminishing. But after reading your account of your post 2nd shot experience, I am worried about what’s coming in the next few weeks. I thought I might be mistaken that my initial dizzy spells were vaccine related, because CDC seems to be cautioning that vaccine related dizziness is only within first 30 mins and indicating an allergic reaction. But the dizziness that arrives over a week later hasn’t been talked about from the health agencies. But I am seeing more and more reports of it. I think it would be good for the health agencies to report about these longer term side effects so we could be prepared for it and know what to do. I mean, should we not be driving or similar until this symptom goes away? Should we be reporting it to our doctors? Is this related to any other potential health effect that we could be proactively treating?

ReplyQuote
(@anneornina)

Improving:  Just checking in and wanting to offer hope for those still having problems.  I am now 6 weeks out from 2nd Moderna vaccine.  Still have dizziness throughout the day but I think it is less intense (maybe returning to my "normal" dizziness from vestibular neuritis 2011). 

Am still having vertigo when changing positions in bed and when getting out of bed.  This also seems to becoming less noticeable . . . or maybe I am just accommodating with very s-l-o-w movements as I roll over or when I get out of bed.  Keeping my head propped up on pillows is also another technique I have learned thru the years to lessen dizziness and vertigo sensations . . . along with staying hydrated and meditation (definitely helps with anxiety).

Made an appointment with PCP for next month to discuss symptoms.  Will also do a follow-up with my ENT as she definitely understands vestibular issues.  Still doing the weekly post on vsafe.cdc.gov

Healing thoughts to everyone still suffering.  This is quite the challenge!

Hashtrays, Hashtrays, Sassafras and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@amboal)

I had my first AstraZeneca Covid19 vaccine 20 February.  I thought at the time that I had got away with just a slightly sore arm which lasted a couple of days.  8 days later I had a Meniere's flair up, pressure in my right ear, hearing decreased, balance not good.  "I seldom get vertigo attacks these days, just balance issues".  Anyway I put the flair up down to the weather as a big trigger for me is fluctuating air pressure.   The balance problems lasted about a week or so.  I was off work as I'm front line ambulance crew. 

I had my second AstraZeneca jab last week on the 15th April.  I wasn't too worried about having it, as the first one hadn't caused me any issues other than a sore arm "so I thought"  Anyway I had the second jab on the Thursday and yes a had a mildly sore arm around the injection site, but as with the first one, no redness or swelling.  By Saturday the sore arm had pretty much gone.  During that Saturday I had a few wobbles but I didn't give it much thought as I've had pressure in my right ear since my last balance flair up in Feb.  Sunday I was in a right state.  Balance was really bad, I felt horrible, basically a full blown Meniere's attack.  Monday just the same and today is Saturday, and still feeling horrible and my balance is very poor.  Usually when my balance is off, I am able to ride my trials bike, but have a tendency to go right if I stop concentrating or look anywhere else from where I'm heading.  I tried riding my trials bike on Wednesday and within two minutes I was on the floor.  I'm still not sure what happened to bring me off the bike.

I have a feeling I am having an autoimmune response to the vaccine, as too much of a coincidence two have severe balance issues a few days after having both doses of the vaccine. 

Hindsight is a bitch, if I had realised my flair up in February was due to the AstraZenneca jab, I would not have taken the second one last week. 

Sassafras, Amber, dragonlover and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dizzymah)

I had my first dose of Moderna on March 4. I had a brief reaction three minutes after the vaccine. I had dizziness and my heart raced but it passed quickly. Five days later, I experienced a very quick vertigo feeling and from that time, I have had dizziness and a general feeling of brain fog. I had episodes of my heart racing to 110-120 BPM, but as the weeks have gone, that has lessened.  I went to my PCP and had blood work and an EKG. PCP also ordered a brain MRI with contrast. Everything came back normal and the doctor said he had not had anyone with dizziness after receiving the vaccine. He sent me to an ENT, and the ENT also dismissed my concerns that my dizziness is coming from the vaccine. Prior to getting the vaccine, I have never had vertigo or dizziness, and now I am so discouraged because the doctors are dismissing these symptoms because they haven't had other patients experience what we are experiencing.

I am so grateful for everyone on here sharing their experiences and helping provide a support net for all of us impacted by this. No one in my circle has experienced this, so I have had to deal with not only the doctors thinking this is not related to the vaccine but those around me as well since everyone else had no side effects from the vaccine.

I just happened upon this article and would love to know more about this theory and if this will pass. I find myself wondering if I will be like this from now on and if I will ever feel like myself again. I was a healthy, active 59YO the day I walked in to get my vaccine, and now I am unable to exercise, bend over, work in the yard etc.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2021/04/23/990277566/coronavirus-faq-what-does-it-mean-if-my-ears-ring-or-toes-hurt-after-a-vaccine?utm_term=nprnews&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_source=facebook.com&fbclid=IwAR1IQuyvItPmKwuq_kqioaCOVPMRKYzKGoo5reY9UR8K-IpLeAO-3ScjlcE

So how to explain the "rare" cases, as Gomez-Duarte puts it — and what to do if you yourself end up in one of these ear-ringing, head-pounding situations?

Gomez-Duarte says that normally, when a person receives a vaccine, an immune response is stimulated that directs antibodies against antigens that were injected into the body, building up your resistance to a virus. But in some people, Gomez-Duarte hypothesizes, some of that response gets directed to proteins that the individual has in the skin, or in blood vessels, or in the ears, lungs and heart.

"So there might be a sort of cross-reaction, where those immune responses recognize proteins within the individual," he explains. "If it's in the skin, you might see a skin rash; if it's in the nervous system, there might be issues with pain, or inability to move; if it's the lung, then this individual might wheeze."

Sassafras, West1979, Sassafras and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lainey66)

@sunnyday hi, I had AZ on 25 March and 2 days later the dizziness started... still present! Not planning to have the second dose at this stage. 

ReplyQuote
(@elicim)

I'm two weeks and three days out of my second vaccine shot. This past Friday I woke up with vertigo for the first time ever, and of course the anxiety to go with it. I have no other health conditions that would otherwise make me dizzy. The odd thing is that the vertigo only occured when I leaned back or laid down. As soon as I was upright, things seemed better. I drank all sorts of liquids, and things seemed to ease up after taking a generic Allegra. I felt off the rest of the day however. Waves of exhaustion and ear fullness was common. My heart rate was up, but that may be related to anxiety. I was able to sleep last night without vertigo, but I kept feeling strange.

I woke up with the strangeness today, but without the vertigo. Ears still feel kind of full, and I had a lot of brainfog. It feels like the vertigo could come back at any moment if I move too quickly or push myself too hard. Another generic allegra and generic flonase seemed to help. I went to urgent care, and the Doc said it might be BPPV,  though she couldn't confirm it. She told me to try Elpey if it came back. As the day is progressing and I get more tired, I definitely feel the strange feeling and tittinus getting a little more instense. The exhaustion is also back.

It's just so strange because it'a coming out of nowhere! I registered with vsafe so they know. Outside of this forum, I've not heard of anyone having this reaction.

ReplyQuote
(@jicheong)

I have same problem in Asia. Taken 1st dose of Pfizer on 3 Apr and had dizziness after 1 week. It comes & goes in secs, and usually triggered when climbing stairs or sudden rotation of neck. Seen a GP and did not find any anormaly in BP or HR. Just given me some pill to calm nausea and advised me to go for 2nd jab anyway.

Had my 2nd jab on 24 Apr and giddiness has not gone away. Hopeful this is just short term reaction to vaccine and pray that it will go away.

ReplyQuote
(@yoki)
Very Active Member

@wynnwolter please let us know if the prednisone works.

ReplyQuote
(@seyek)

I had severe vertigo about 2 mins after Pfizer #1, that lasted off and on for 6 weeks. ER Dr. said it was vasovagal rx. I don't know. I do know I was not in the slightest bit worried or concerned about getting the vaccine. I was sitting down in a cool location having a nice time, got the jab, then the floor flipped upside down and i passed out. I am allergic to many foods and inhalants. I also had an Epipen injection given to me by staff at the vacc clinic which my Dr says likely caused the severe heart palpitations I had for 4 weeks after the vaccination along with the vertigo.Maybe the palpitations were from the vaccine? About day 5, I developed head and neck pressure and an absolutely crushing headache for 3 days, but I refused to go to ER again.

Good news is the vertigo and palpitations are better now with Epley, eating well, no coffee, and hydration, (such a simple effective thing), 2 ER visits and 4 Dr. visits later. Hadn't been to ER in 41 years! It has been a very unpleasant experience. I am not quite back to normal yet (tinnitus and fatigue continue with bouts of nausea, hot flashes and mood swings) and I did not get the #2 shot, but I have the luxury of being able to self quarantine. Long-term I hope we get some answers. Dr's still don't seem to be aware of longer term side effects, and some suggest it is psychosomatic. It certainly is not in my case.

ReplyQuote
Page 122 / 1151