17.3 K Posts
2261 Users
40191 Likes
2 M Views
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

Posted by: @yoki

@savoyil I have a brother who's a physician at an urgent care clinic in B.C. I've been asking him if he's had any patient with vestibular issues post vaccination and he hasn't seen any. That said, the vaccine rollout has been less than stellar in that province. 

I wonder if those affected would be more likely to end up in the hospital emergency room, instead of an urgent care clinic. The symptoms can be so severe...

yoki1964, dragonlover, yoki1964 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

Posted by: @smileyoer

@thenystagmus

Thanks for the great overview about the check processes. It seems you are quite in these topics now. 

Give us info how your checks gone, and if they find anything that is objectively can be measured.

Yeah great to know other country policies and the behavior of authorities. In our case the vaccinated people get an ID card which will be connect to a database. There is a QR code on it and they track there the vaccination time and let's say the privileges... 😃

We can go inside  restaurants if we got this cards. And we can book for hotels. And some countries will accept this card if we travelling abroad.

Privileges.? ...wow. It's being put out there as an enticement, but the more it's utilized, the more it will be felt as restrictions. Oh my.

I donated my blood at the lab this morning for blood tests, but since 4+ tests were ordered and they only drew one vial I wonder if they had gotten all the orders ...I plan to check tomorrow. I want to make sure I've done all the tests before I take the Medrol, not knowing if it could change the results of the ANA screen, immunoglobulin, and thyroid tests. Today I still couldn't get my Medrol pack from the pharmacy because that part of my new insurance is separate and failed to get activated. My insurance agent got them to resubmit my application today and I got a duplicate welcome call, but no prescription. If they really wish me to feel welcome they will get their computer systems straightened out! 😅 While getting a sinus x-ray, I found out I can't keep standing up straight with my eyes closed ...helps me understand why I still feel so fatigued. It seems it takes a lot of concentration and energy for my body to compensate for this uproar in my vestibular system. 🥴

ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

Posted by: @smileyoer

I also find a new symptom. But I feel that my vision is not so clear as before. And sometimes I see small flashes or I don't know. As I know it right, it could be caused by migraines...

And my head OMG it is like a bomb. Sometimes I have really strong pressure then it goes away. 

I have talked with a friend doctor. She said that it could be an autoimmune reaction to the vaccine like many of here have mentioned. She also recommend steroids and a big dose of B vitamins.

What do you think without steroids will it gone or should we get one boost to speed up our recovery?

There is a type of migraine that usually lasts about 20 minutes that is only visual. Really scared me the first time I had one, since then I usually get them a couple of times a year. I've read that there are visual symptoms that are sometimes associated with painful migraines also. And migraines are linked to vestibular issues for some.

But I, also, wonder if these post vaccine issues could be autoimmune reactions that look like all these other vestibular diagnoses. As you know, I've decided to try steroids, but the Medrol pack my doctor has ordered isn't the greater strength recommended by a doctor that posted here that was going through these things. You could find his post with the member name gatordoc. He also recommended vestibular therapy.

ReplyQuote
(@emmak)

@thenystagmus Thank you so much for your reply. I’m sorry for what you’re going through. It sounds like your dizziness is more profound than mine and I’m sure that’s hard to live with each day. If you had known the side effects do you think you still would have gotten the vaccine?

It gives me a lot of hope hearing you have had a positive ANA that returned to normal. I actually reached to to a researcher in autoimmune diseases who wrote some papers on Covid vaccines. She told me that it’s not uncommon for vaccines to temporarily elevate ANA and that this vaccine in particular shares epitopes with ANA antigens. She suggested retesting 3 months post vaccine.

I’ll be interested to hear your experience with the bloodwork if you’re okay sharing 

Sassafras and Sassafras reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jondick)

I got first dose of Pfizer on April 16. 3 to 4 days later, I started getting dizziness. Saw a doctor May 3. Was told I have ear infections. Gave me amoxicillin. No improvement. It has steadily gotten worse I’ve time. Talked to another doctor through teledoc. He was no help. Both doctors ignore me when I tell them I think it is related to the Covid shot. I just want this to end because it is getting to be debilitating. I can’t help with our baby anymore for fear I will fall or drop him. I’m even dizzy now when I am just relaxing, not doing anything. I have tried taking various antihistamine medications but so far nothing has helped.

ReplyQuote
(@krista)

@teresawarren40

my doctor said if there is dizziness when sitting and moving head from side to side that is viral Labrynthitis - to take 2 20 mg prednisone plus an antihistamine daily for 5 days to nip the inner ear inflammation in the bud.  He said if you wait, it will get worse for 6 weeks.  He said it is much better to treat it quickly and early before it gets going. The prednisone and the 2 antihistamines daily are quickly improving this for me.

he said the other kind of dizziness orthostatic hypotension is when you stand up and get dizzy is treated differently.  You should take your pulse after lying down for 10 minutes.  Then, stand and take it again every minute for 10 minutes.  If your pulse increases by more than 15 beats a minute you might have it.  if it increases 25 or more you definitely have it.  I definitely have both starting on day 12 after the first vaccine.  I am celiac.  The prednisone and antihistamine stopped the first kind of inner ear dizziness and the buzz in my ear.  For the second kind you treat it with a lot more fluids, eat a lot of salt, wear compression stockings and I am waiting to see if he calls in a prescription for that as well.

twa and twa reacted
ReplyQuote
(@teresamhuberhotmail-com)

@ally09 I still get a tingling feeling in my face and head. Even down on arm into hand.  I’ve been dizzy for 6 weeks. Now I’m getting anxiety now due to this. I hope you feel better soon. 

ReplyQuote
(@ally09)

Thank you, it’s so good to know that it’s not just me! I hope you feel better soon too!

ReplyQuote
(@michaelk)
Very Active Member

@teresawarren40 Thanks for compiling the data! I wonder if steroids and antihistamines would cut that time down considerably?

ReplyQuote
(@christophercovid)

First time posting - THANKS to TWA for her tracking - appreciated!!!!

I hope to give TWA a positive timeframe from me when it comes.

I do not have a lot to add about symptoms already detailed throughout this thread - head congestion, full ears, lethargy, periods of imbalance. The imbalance can be mild to severe - no warnings. Started just over 3 weeks ago, 2 weeks after my second Moderna shot. My imbalance is like being on the deck of a rocking boat - I do not "spin".

Not driving at all - doing work around the house when I can.

I am on my fourth doctor - I have had 3 steroid series, 2 antibiotic series, blood work, 2 EKG's, blood pressure checks, 2 ENT office exams, 3 Internist appointments, and 2 Cardiovascular consultations. - I also underwent the Dix-Hallpike maneuver several times testing for BPPV. Nothing found in any exam or any tests so far. All "normal".

I tried the massive Vitamin C for 7 days, and Benadryl, Claritin, and Flonase for 3 weeks. No help.

The Internist and first ENT just "washed their hands" of my condition when they became perplexed with no "smoking gun". My Cardiologist has taken me seriously and referred me to a competent ENT who not only gave me a thorough office exam but has me scheduled this Friday in the hospital for a VNG series to test inner ear and for 2 Brain MRI's, with and without dye. While I of course hope these are normal his approach is these are necessary to eliminate "what-ifs". He has not dismissed that my 2 Moderna shots triggered this but he wants to find a condition to treat.

I will post these next test results when I have them in 2 weeks - unfortunately the ENT is on vacation all next week.

Here is a suggestion to help elevate our conditions to the proper level - call Moderna and file a report on your individual situation. Their number is 1‑866‑663‑3762. I called one night at 7:30pm - the lady took down all the information and the next morning at 8:30am a medical team representative called me for a detailed discussion. They even assigned me a case number. Not sure if I will hear from them again but I would think the more they know of this the more likely it will get addressed. 

I have tried for 3 days to get approved for the Facebook Group mentioned in several posts but I have have never gotten a response.

I do find this thread here most useful when it is utilized to address our medical conditions and not debate vaccine policy. We have what we have - let's move to an understanding medically for moving forward - not a debate that does not serve us now that can be aired elsewhere.

My thoughts with you all...

Chris

Athrift03 and Athrift03 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michaelk)
Very Active Member

@ausl The Eply maneuver is for BPPV which is when a crystal in the inner ear gets dislodged and moves into the labyrinth of the ear. The Eply maneuver moves the crystal back where it belongs and thus stops the dizziness. BPPV is not caused by the vaccine and it was just coincidental that your BPPV happened after receiving the vaccine. 

ReplyQuote
(@smileyoer)

Do you also experiencing really strong headaches with the dizziness?

What the hell is this?! My private doctor said that it is not coincide with vaccine. But I never had such strong migraines or idk what kind of headaches these are.

Blood clots can do things like that? My blood test showed no deviation for blood test occurrence, but I am so depressed and have a lot of fear what cause this...

Carol and Carol reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mmedwin)

8 days after my second Pfizer COVID vaccine I developed suddenly onset balance problems.  I had a mild problem but now I can't focus, am extremely tired, have trouble walking my dogs because when I move my head around it gets worse, had to reconfigure my computer because I do a lot of video sessions and I had to look up to look at my camera.  After having several negative neurological tests I was evaluated by a vestibular physical therapist who found some things off.  I will be starting therapy with her tomorrow for twelve weeks.

ReplyQuote
(@carol)

@smileyoer

they do not like to admit it’s from shot!

my ent finally said he had a lot of patients complaining!

shame we can’t do anything about it. I am on week 8 still off balance, headache and now trying acupuncture! 

dragonlover, Smileyoer, dragonlover and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@debbie03)

@gabw Hi I hope you are doing well. I wanted to ask if you ended up getting your second shot? I got moderna shot on February 15 and was hospitalized on February 24th due to my heart rate bein 180 and me having palpitations. Since then it took me a few months to be able to get to the point where I was not fatigued, short of breath, or my heart wasn't racing in my chest to do normal things like cook, clean, or just simply take a walk. I am still scared to get my second dose so was just wondering what your experience was like. Thank you for your time!

ReplyQuote
Page 168 / 1151