(@dania)

@teresawarren40

Me too and thank you!

Sorry I spelled your name wrong!

twa and twa reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tabby)
Highly Active Member

@thenystagmus Yeah, I'd have a constellation of stars by now if I posted all my symptoms, I may even take up astronomy! Good to hear you stayed clear of the ditch this time, that has to be a good sign. 😃

ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

@tabby Yeah, I had neva done that before... Methinks my depth perception was wonky!

Talking about listing symptoms - that reminds me, I've got to work some more on filling out a concise timeline of symptoms for a questionnaire I'm supposed to turn in for that ENG and balance eval my ENT wants done. Conveying random thoughts is not difficult for me at this point, but I dread having to come up with something that will go on my "record". I'm still not brain processing things up to my previous speed. So, I've been dragging my feet on doing this. I did set up some folders to organize insurance & change of insurance, doctor & hospital visits, and tests - so I have hope of finding things now, without digging all the way through a random ream of papers.

From my own experience and that of others here, I suspect that most of our tests come up within normal limits - but, the thing I've noted is that when they show abnormal results, it seems that many times conclusions are drawn with diagnoses offered that make no sense - like when I was told that my hearing test looks like that of a person with congenital hearing loss - not that I've ever known! And these symptoms that are panic attack like - I wouldn't be at all surprised if they're physically-based and the panic experienced is a normal mental and emotional response to having your body go wonky like that. And, then the fact that many of these symptoms either fade, disappear, or come and go, in maybe atypical ways for what diagnosis they look like? I suspect, if society ever gets past this denial stage, post-Covid vaccine syndromes could earn diagnostics and treatments of their own.

Today I looked to see if there's a long Covid clinic in my area, but no. If there were, I'd be seeing if they'd let me squeeze in the back door. 🤫 You qualify for long Covid after 12 weeks, and I'm almost 12 weeks post-Covid vaccine... Maybe someday...?

Tabby and Tabby reacted
ReplyQuote
(@collegecoxy)

Hi Everyone,

I know a lot of people have said this but I really am happy to have found this forum. I am a 28 year old male in the US. I received my second dose of Pfizer on May 15. I was really excited to get it and be done with it. A lot of my colleagues had received their second doses and had the typical flu like side effects that were advertised. Before my shot I went and picked up some Tylenol, gatorade, and planned on ordering in soup to get through the symptoms.

I had no symptoms other than a sore arm after the first dose. Same with this second shot. No side effects other than a sore arm. Then on May 18, 3 days after the second dose, I was standing in the kitchen when I suddenly felt like I was going to pass out. I caught myself but still felt terribly unbalanced and sat on the couch and then laid on the floor after that didn't work. I started feeling better but was incredibly freaked out so I talked to a virtual doctor. They ruled out what I was mainly concerned about, stroke or blood clot, and set a follow-up the next morning. I woke up feeling a ton better, still felt like I was on a boat a bit but in my head. I was able to take the dog out for a walk and make breakfast, log into work no issues.

After the follow-up the doc ordered some blood work with a nurse and vitals testing later that day and they also prescribed Meclizine. All blood work and vitals came back normal, though I was a little dehydrated. I tossed the almost fainting to just being dehydrated so drank a lot of water the next few days.

I can function well, I don't feel like I'm falling over or like I want to pass out, I even drove today before reading this forum perfectly fine. I've only taken two Meclizine over two days so not sure if that will help this to go away.

I've never had vertigo before this so it is a new feeling for me. I would be lying if I wasn't scared about this. I did everything right during the pandemic, stayed home, social distanced, wore a mask everywhere and was so excited to get the vaccine and now this. Did I make the wrong decision?

Reading everyone's stories here gives me a mixed feeling of hope and depression that this might be permanent. I know no one really has an answer for this but I am hopeful this will pass if I'm lucky within the next few weeks and if not I've read some folks who have been dealing with this for months. I am just really hoping this is not a long term side effect and it definitely gives me second thoughts about getting any kind of booster they are pitching.

Wishing everyone the absolute best!

-Shane

twa, Sassafras, twa and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tabby)
Highly Active Member

@thenystagmus Hi, just typed a whole load of stuff and it disappeared. Anyway, I'll try again. I am not going back to my doctor just yet because I don't want to be labelled and given medication for something that may only be temporary or undergo tests that are going to cause me anxiety. I had bloods done six months ago and they were all within normal range so I am encouraged by that. I've read here that some people have been getting some abnormal blood results since the vaccine but I am going to give it more time. After my first jab I was gradually improving even though symptoms were coming and going, I believe the easing of symptoms led me to taking the second jab. If this takes another twelve weeks then so be it. Obviously if things got bad then I would seek medical help. I've had bad reactions to jabs before, both the flu jab and steroid jab for shoulder pain, I felt ill for weeks after these but symptoms did go eventually. The dizziness does put me in anxiety mode, I sometimes feel an anxiety attack coming on, sweats, palpitations etc but I control this with slow breathing and I do something to take my mind off it. It's no good trying to fight it, you have to let it do its thing. Let's hope our symptoms will ease with the changing season and we have a good summer to look forward to.🙏😊

Sassafras and Sassafras reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tabby)
Highly Active Member

Just out of interest, as of the 15th of this month in the UK, 175,057 people reported 650,681 side/adverse effects to the AstraZeneca vaccine alone on the Yellow Card Scheme. I can only imagine how many people have reported similar effects to the other vaccines, plus those people who have not reported their symptoms or have access to a computer to do so. Multiply this by countries all around the world. How some medical professionals can deny a connection with side/adverse effects to the vaccines beggars belief.

dragonlover, Sassafras, StrangeDizzyman01 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@strangedizzyman01)

@dania

Thank you for recommending this "half somersault maneuver for vertigo".  Yesterday was my 7th day from onset of symptoms (I had received first shot of Moderna vaccine 2 days earlier), and throughout the day, I was feeling about 10-20% dizzy most of the day.  But today, so Day 8 of dizziness symptoms, I was feeling up around 30% dizzy most of the day.

I tried the "half somersault" and within a few minutes, I felt as though my dizziness went down to about 5%, the lowest it's been since the onset of symptoms.  I will keep monitoring symptoms, and do this exercise a few more times.

@Tabby mentioned something earlier about how perhaps computer screens, etc, contribute to the dizziness, which I'm starting to notice is becoming true.  When I'm outside, walking around, I usually feel better than I do when I'm sitting around on my computer or watching TV.  So we'll see how things progress... just taking it one day at a time...

ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

I'm sad to see they're now starting to wonder about possible post-Covid vaccine myocarditis (heart inflammation) adverse reactions in some kids and young adults. I think I read a while back that people in the military had been coming up with this also.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2021/05/22/health/cdc-heart-teens-vaccination.amp.html

ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

Posted by: @emmak

@thenystagmus do you by chance have links for the articles from Israel? I would love to read them 

Hi emmak, I haven't forgotten about you asking me for links I might have for articles from Israel. I do still plan to look back through my bookmarks for any I saved in the past. In general, I've just been impressed at the research they're doing and the relative forthrightness of publishing of information they're doing concerning possible links to Covid vaccines. There are other articles that came out in late April (23rd?) about Israel's concerns about myocarditis, but I thought this one had really interesting information. Too bad the study wasn't totally put out there, but in this case they say it got "leaked"...

https://www.globalresearch.ca/pfizer-vaccine-may-cause-heart-inflammation-people-under-30-leaked-study-suggests/5743691

ReplyQuote
(@lexi8422)

@bcasey

Hi, I hope you are doing better now. It has been 3 and a half weeks since I got my 2nd pfizer shot and I have tingling in my feet and tinnitus started a week ago. A lot of people are having these issues. Wanting to know if yours subsided after some time?

Well wishes

ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

ReplyQuote
 Mkhb
(@mkhb)

This is all very worrying I had my 1st pzifer on Tuesday had sore arm headache by Wednesday thought I'd got away likely then Thursday drove to work felt very strange light headed unbalanced nauseas and this feeling has continued for last 3 days sometimes intense sometimes don't notice went to dctrs said had signs of slight vertigo but can not confirm vaccine related and if gets worse go to a and e. I'm really worried now as a this is not pleasant to live with and just want to be normal and  how do I know if its something more serious like brain swelling etc. Feels like a heavy migrane sometimes. Wish I didn't get the jab now 😕

yes2022, Tabby, Sassafras and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@smileyoer)

Hey everyone,

A short update from my side:

I took antihistamine about 4 days, I feel that nothing improved, maybe my ears felt like it inflammed again. Not too much but I felt it. I tried to live with these symptoms, not reading all day long articles and tried not worrying all the time. It's extremely hard... I have a lot of goals but I feel this unsteadiness won't help me to reach them. 

I got better and worse days. Sometimes I feel total anxiety and depressed but then I calm myself down to chill my relatives too. 

It is really depressing seeing how many people suffer from this. And day by day more people write here. And some who think that their symptoms gone, came back again. What is total uncalming that some of here has symptoms since more than 2-3 months.... I am suffering almost 1,5 months but it seems like an infinite war.

On the other hand I also have concern that what if the vaccine not making enough antibodies in my body, or if I have to take another vaccine later. So many things that are unknown and which makes me total nervous.

I hope that there is light at the end of the tunnel, but we must wait for that. Get better buddies! ✌️

Amber, Tabby, dragonlover and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

Posted by: @smileyoer

Hey everyone,

A short update from my side:

I took antihistamine about 4 days, I feel that nothing improved, maybe my ears felt like it inflammed again. Not too much but I felt it. I tried to live with these symptoms, not reading all day long articles and tried not worrying all the time. It's extremely hard... I have a lot of goals but I feel this unsteadiness won't help me to reach them. 

I got better and worse days. Sometimes I feel total anxiety and depressed but then I calm myself down to chill my relatives too. 

It is really depressing seeing how many people suffer from this. And day by day more people write here. And some who think that their symptoms gone, came back again. What is total uncalming that some of here has symptoms since more than 2-3 months.... I am suffering almost 1,5 months but it seems like an infinite war.

On the other hand I also have concern that what if the vaccine not making enough antibodies in my body, or if I have to take another vaccine later. So many things that are unknown and which makes me total nervous.

I hope that there is light at the end of the tunnel, but we must wait for that. Get better buddies! ✌️

Hi, smileyoer! Taking a break is good. I too have not been improving for a while. And, today I notice a few more symptoms, which can be discouraging. Sometimes something very small, like realizing my eye on my affected side is noticably less sensitive than my other eye when I put my dry eye drops in. 

Reading what you are thinking caused me to remember a story I read about a little girl. It went something like this. She had a wise father that she trusted very much and she got to ride a train with him sometimes. This was a special time during which she sometimes asked him questions. On one train trip, she was pondering something she didn't understand and asked him about it. He decided she would do better knowing the answer later and to answer her, He gently asked her when he gave her the ticket she needed to ride the train. She said, Why Papa, you give it to me right before we climb the steps to board the train. He then told her that she would know the answer when it was time to need it. She grew up to experience and live through some extremely hard things; you may have heard her name - Corrie TenBoom.

I don't know what today or tomorrow hold, but I too will wait for it and walk through this day, trusting that I'll have what I need for each day. Trusting is a good break. 😏

Moira, Tabby, Smileyoer and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Rob1
(@robarth1)

Ok its Sunday May 23rd

Went to Dr, did the standard coordination tests,

So he said its Vertigo. Said to take:

Afrin for 3 days with Flonase.

Then Just Flonase for a month or for ever.

So day 4 in this treatment Tuesday last day of Afrin, Flonase still once a day

Dizziness reduced to 80% of original 

Ear blocked feeling went away!!!

Day 8 after treatment Saturday may 22nd, Dizziness Vertigo is back. Felt I was going to pass out sat down,  layed down for hours, 

Day 9 after ttreatment statred Sunday May23rd 8:00 am

Dizziness Vertigo seems to be inching its way in today, if that makes sense, i can feel it, and it scares the crap out of me

Can't work around the house feeling unsteady 

ReplyQuote
Page 197 / 1151