Clear all

Covid-19 Vaccine side effects

17.3 K Posts
2261 Users
40191 Likes
2 M Views
 kris
(@kris)

@strangedizzyman01I am also better when moving around rather than when I am still. 

Tabby and Tabby reacted
ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

Sure would be good if the vaccine companies could someday share in the costs associated with injuries from their products. Seems at least the big 2 in the US are developing ever-deepening pockets!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/05/21/business/covid-vaccine-billionaires/index.html

Tabby, Smileyoer, Tabby and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tabby)
Highly Active Member

@thenystagmus I know what you mean about taking pleasure in little things. All the times we have been in lockdown I found pleasure in listening to the birds chirping outside my bedroom window and the neighbourhood cats that came and still come to visit hoping for that extra meal which they get of course. We don't know their names so we have given them numbers, we're up to number six at the moment. Not having a good day today, horrible headache that comes with the dizziness. Trying to stay awake because I've been dropping off early recently and then waking up early hours of the morning and can't go back. Hope you're having a better day today.😊

Sassafras, Smileyoer, Sassafras and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tabby)
Highly Active Member

@teresawarren40 @hollyd

So sorry to hear that the dizziness has returned for both of you, me too I'm sorry to say. Not giving up hope though, let's drink to a better tomorrow.🍷🙏

twa, dragonlover, twa and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@smileyoer)

Some of you said that there is a Facebook group with the same symptoms as ours. I have tried to join but I was not accepted... Maybe because I am not from the USA 😄

It would be great to know that those who have issues like us, have it improved or stagnate? Or how longs does it take for those who are not too luckily, to recover from this?

I have read some articles about post covid, actually doctors can not find any clue what could cause this. There are hypothesis that it could be allergic reactions, or autoimmune response. But I also find that approximately 60-65% recover from (before 6 months) this but the remaining have symptoms longer... It would be great to know that our symptoms will last for a half a year or more years, or permanent... 

Those who have written here, have you totally recover, or more or less?

I am on 7th weeks after my first dose and I am getting slowly better. I have relief from strong headaches, and constant pressure from ears. Anxiety and panic reactions also decreased. 

My doctor said that he doesn't recommend me the second shot with this vaccine (Sputnik). Hopefully later, if I have to take another again Pfizer or Moderna won't make this happen again.

But reading that many of here have problems with Pfizer, I think it is not because of the type of the jab more then our specific reaction to the vaccine. 

Actually has any of you also got the covid before or after vaccination? It would be great to know how their symptoms were. I thought that we are more threatened by the covid of we react to the vaccine this way too... Hopefully I am not right, but it would be great to know, maybe some of you have experience!

Tabby and Tabby reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dania)

@strangedizzyman01

I'm glad that maneuver helped! I did it twice and the vertigo went away. It's been 3 days and I'm comfortable saying that I feel like myself again 🙂

Tabby, twa, Smileyoer and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lh2021)

@teresawarren40

no I’ve been going out more (walks around the neighborhood and longer dog walks) to try and regain my strength after so much downtime not moving and feeling off. Last week I noticed I had started to feel off again and on Thursday the dizziness came back full force when standing. Still working from home thankfully. I’ve noticed a strange tingle on the top of my head return as well, exactly like it had been with the first shot.

Tabby, twa, Tabby and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@isismadec)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @teresawarren40

Hi!  I've been averaging recovery times for the thread. Last count we were a little over 4 weeks. I'm a little behind this week as I have been dizzy and went to see the eye doctor for the increased floaters. This week I'm going to research and post a list of the things we are doing that are helping with vertigo/dizziness.  

I'm sorry to hear you are dizzy again.  You had mentioned several days of having no dizziness and I hoped that was the end of it for you.

Tabby, twa, Sassafras and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Max
(@sam77)

I had my Oxford, astra zeneca vaccine, 1st  jab in late February 2021. I am a diabetic so was recommended I have it. I was worried about the reports ppl getting badly ill and the numerous  other side affects.  I should have listened to my gut instinct. After I had the 1st  jab I developed flu like symptoms for about 4days body was aching and both arms were really saw even the one without injection, but the headache I got was something else, I later found it was blood not flowing away from my head, and it is this what caused ppl to die of blood clot. Luckily mine was not life threatening but since the jab now 3 months later I am not myself. I feel dizzy all the time, unbalanced. I also have s slight headache most of the time.  I'm sure this is the vaccine that caused this and also  feel tired all the times not to mention the aches and pains. I'm not having the second jab definitely not. I wish I never had the vaccine it has really messed up my health and no one is helping and doctors just fob you off.

Tabby, dragonlover, Sassafras and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mcross)

@vickorano I agree. I came to this forum for information and support, not a growing bitch fest or a forum for people who haven’t even been vaccinated to fear monger.

I had my first Pfizer 03/12 and had two weeks of hell, major vertigo, nystagmus, nausea, left ear pain, left head and sinus pain, low BP and lots of arrhythmias. After that first two weeks, daily there were incremental improvements with some days of set back. It took almost 6 weeks to feel almost normal. Almost 6 weeks to be able to even drive. And I have now scheduled my second shot for 06/02/21. I had to weigh my options. Vaccine reactions again, that could be better or worse, or high possibility of covid. I am disabled and have a poor immune system due to significant issues with my hearts electrical system and asthma. I am careful but much of my community is not, is anti covid, anti vax and nowhere close to herd immunity so, I want to protect myself, family and friends. Our hospitals/ICU’s are 93% full. My doctors said ALL of the people currently admitted are unvaccinated. A testament to the effectiveness of the vaccines. I’m scared and praying for the best outcome with the second. But thank you for stating the reality and the obvious.

Mkhb and Mkhb reacted
ReplyQuote
Tim
 Tim
(@timwashington)

@jham1111  I am experiencing the same thing right now. I have been doing pretty well the 18 months prior to the vaccine but after my second Pfizer shot, I am experience lightheadedness/dizziness several times per week and had a bad vertigo episode about 10 days after the second shot. 

Mkhb and Mkhb reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kathryn)

@cscelfoda

having the exact same symptoms 2nd day and now 3rd day after pzifer, loud ringing in left ear and sinus pressure very bad, cant move eyes left right or move head up and down, have to move slowly, severe brain fog, would love to know why this is common reaction, is vaccine targetting these areas as covid would affect sinuses  

Mkhb, dragonlover, Sassafras and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

Posted by: @benklesc

Hi. My name is Ben Kleschinsky and I live outside Boston. I would like to share my experience getting the Pfizer COVID19 vaccine shot. Lot# EW0182. I am 25 years of age.

I drove to my local CVS on May 20th, 2021 and received my first dose. I waited five minutes and then walked back to my car. Driving home I began experiencing extreme nausea, and my muscles going up my neck and into my face started becoming very stiff. 

I ended up vomiting for two minutes straight. For the past two days the left side of my face including my neck and cheeks feel incredibly stiff and inflamed working down to my wrist where they gave me the shot. I'm not sure if it's Bell's Palsy or just inflammation. I have a hard time talking. I've started taking vitamins and apply Bell's Palsy ointment to my face in hopes it will go away. Feels like novacane. 

Suffice to say I had an allergic reaction and my body didn't agree. I already have major autoimmune disorders such as alopecia, food and major seasonal allergies. My mother had a major bad reaction as well and experienced vomiting although she got the Moderna. My father got no side effects. I also suspect that I may have contracted COVID19 last year which could have made the vaccine worse.

I don't think I am getting the second shot. The CDC and healthcare professionals say if you have a really bad reaction on the first shot not to get the second shot. I just hope it goes away. 

Hi Ben, I must say I'm highly concerned that CVS let you walk away without having you stay to be monitored for the recommended minimum 15 minutes, especially since you have some history of allergy!

I'm not a medical professional, but I'd say that your symptoms sound involved enough, especially since this is affecting your ability to talk, that making a phone call or a visit for medical advice may be advisable for you. Sometimes early interventions can be important, as could be the case if you are found to have Bell's Palsy. Please post again to share how things go for you, if you wish to.

I do hope for a speedy recovery for you! 

Tabby and Tabby reacted
ReplyQuote
(@garybonam)

Posted by: @garybonam

My story might be a bit long. I'm 73, I was diagnosed around 7 years ago with nerve damage in my right inner ear caused by a possible virus. My GP calls it Meniere's, my ENT calls it Vestibular Neuritis, I call it constant vertigo. Some days worse than other's, but it's 24-7, along with moderate Tinnitus. I got my first Pfizer vaccine on 3-19-21. I felt a little "woozier" than my usual norm for about a week? But then I got my second vaccine on 4-9-21 and was told by the pharmacist that I might feel a little light-headed about 5-10 minutes after I received it. She was right. The problem is it has yet to go away. I find it very difficult to get around, mild nausea, very dizzy! In the meantime, my left ear started hurting pretty bad. That ear has been sensitive to cold air and things like earplugs for a few years now. Anyway, I was diagnosed with swimmers ear and had to use the antibiotic ear drops with no effect? I went to a stat-care and was examined and told I have an ear infection and was prescribed Bactrim for 10 days. On the 9th day, I had an appointment with my Ear, Nose, and Throat doctor and he said that the infection had cleared up and I can quit taking the antibiotic. We discussed my situation and he said it could be a delayed reaction to the vaccine and said it should gradually clear up and to see my dentist for possible ill-fitting dentures? Since then I had another visit with my GP and he basically said the same thing. In the meantime he suggested I take Meclizine, which I normally take only when needed, several times a day along with Mucinex to try to relieve the pressure I'm feeling, which seemed reasonable? My problem is my ear pain still comes and goes, along with the whole left side of my head hurting, my Tinnitus is in high gear, and just getting up and walking is a crapshoot at best!! If this doesn't start "clearing up" soon it's going to make me question if getting the vaccine was really worth it?? Having to walk with a cane is not my style. I'm an outdoor person living on a farm, light work, hunting, and so on. I've seen other people on this thread having similar problems and was wondering how long this will last???

I Had another appointment with my GP and he said there are a lot of reports of what he called "long haulers" in reference to the covid vaccine's side effects. He also said it could take up to a year to subside!! It's been 8 weeks now and some days I'm really miserable. Having vertigo on top of my existing vestibular problems is a lot to deal with.   

ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

@mcross

Moira, Ouch! I fear I may resemble the intended target of your remarks...

I'm sorry you feel that sharing of complaints going on here is repugnant to you and that others' sharing of fear concerning vaccination is unwarranted. If you refresh your reference of the question that brought us here, you may better understand what's being shared here. I feel your anger and frustration, but please moderate yourself to be more amenable to others. No need to be harsh in expressing your thoughts and feelings, please!

Weighing of options is a very personal thing and it seems that you've arrived at a conclusion that makes the most sense to you. I pray with you for the best outcome for you with your upcoming vaccination.

- Sassafras

Tabby, dragonlover, Bea and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 199 / 1151