Clear all

Covid-19 Vaccine side effects

17.3 K Posts
2261 Users
40191 Likes
2 M Views
(@isismadec)
Very Active Member

@hollyd  Just read your most recent post.  So sorry to hear that you are having problems again.  You were doing better for a while and I'd hoped you were finally OK.  Best to you, hope you are able to get some answers from the new neurologist you will see.

Bea, Tabby, Bea and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jasonedwarda)

Quick update from me.

20 days post Astra Zenica Vaccine (1st shot) and whilst my Vertigo, dizzy spells and feeling of being off balance have gone or at least almost gone over the last 3 or 4 days...my tinnitus in my right ear has gotten progressively worse.

I still have a feeling of a 'full ear' and the odd weird tingly/pressure feeling against my head AND i am struggling to sleep now and I am still experiencing waves of tiredness, though they are happening later in the day and are a little less extreme.

The Tinnitus is almost unbearable at times, especially when its quiet and theres no background noise to mask it.

Gp visit on Wed.

Hope everyone else is finding some relief from thier symptoms

Brought myself Tumeric, Magnesium and Bromelain to go with my Vit C and D3 and hoping to build up some levels of.anti inflamation to maybe help lessen my issues.

Im also going to actively reduce or try and reduce my sugar intake and possibly caffiene too.

Tabby, Athrift03, Tabby and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@athrift03)

@markm

I can't have coffee because it causes the panic attacks. Also too much sugar or large meals trigger it too. I found this article and I'm not kidding you, this is me to almost a T. See if you think this could be you too.

https://www.cureus.com/articles/56242-a-case-of-postural-orthostatic-tachycardia-syndrome-secondary-to-the-messenger-rna-covid-19-vaccine

ReplyQuote
(@athrift03)

I have SO MANY symptoms, I feel crazy at times. I think we all feel that way. I found an amazing study that was just released in May. I know links about pots have been posted here before but this is the first one that is associated with the vaccine, I think. Ill post the link and anyone with anxiety/panic attacks should absolutely read it and see what you think. I'm going to share the article with my cardiologist and get his opinion. So far I have Vestibular Neutritis and now possibly POTS. That answers some of my symptoms. I still need an answer for eye blurriness and eye floaters but damn, the vaccine didn't cause 1 issue but a slew of issues. I have good days and bad days and I've accepted this new life. I can't have caffeine and I can only have small amounts of sugar. Loud noises and brightness causes a sensory overload and I'll just feel gross. Helps to know we are not alone.

https://www.cureus.com/articles/56242-a-case-of-postural-orthostatic-tachycardia-syndrome-secondary-to-the-messenger-rna-covid-19-vaccine

ReplyQuote
markm
(@markm)

@athrift03 The article you linked is related to POTS which sounds like triggers when standing up:

Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS) is a condition that affects blood flow. POTS causes the development of symptoms -- usually lightheadedness, fainting and an uncomfortable, rapid increase in heartbeat -- that come on when standing up from a reclining position and relieved by sitting or lying back down

This hasn't happened to me. I only had one tachycardia event with heavy palpitations randomly while sitting. I would like to think this was a singular event since my vaccine 6 weeks ago. Coffee does not trigger. I have been on a few intense bike rides with no issues. Exercise is great for anxiety by the way.

The subject in the article also had hypothyroidism and high cholesterol which may have been a factor. Hard to say if the vaccine has brought up our past symptoms from an immune response or not. At this point all doctors can do is treat, not find a cause. It takes time and I hope there is a scientific response soon rather than being dismissed as crazy. 

ReplyQuote
(@athrift03)

@markm

Damn, I'm sorry. I also do not have problems from sitting to lying down and vice versa BUT have problems with it after meals which was mentioned in the article. I have it once every two to three days so not all of the time. My husband has also developed palpitations from the vaccine and he exercises and eats whatever he wants. They just come on randomly with no rhyme or reason. Wish I could have been more help.

ReplyQuote
markm
(@markm)

@athrift03 You can always get an echocardiogram. This is going to be the most accurate to rule out any arrhythmia. Please consult your cardiologist though. I am not a medical professional but I have done pretty much every test you can do with the heart. 

I'm curious about you vestibular neuritis diagnoses. I have an appt with ENT this week. Did your DR say anything about the vaccine causing this? 

I have done CT, EKG, blood work and all came back fine. Unless I can get an actual explanation for these symptoms I will not get second shot. 

ReplyQuote
(@athrift03)

@markm

Yea I've had an EKG (3 actually) and an echocardiogram (heart looked good). I have a stress test on a treadmill tomorrow and then I'm going to be wearing a heart monitor for three days. They are thinking SVT caused by the vaccine, but they had NO problem relating it all to the vaccine. There were nurses in my cardiologists office who were refusing the vaccine. Feels like they know something I don't lol.

My ENT was hesitant to tie it to the vaccine but ultimately concluded Vestibular Neuritis. This was 5 weeks ago so I'm not sure if he would be more comfortable naming the vaccine as cause.

Lastly, my PCP put me on a 13 day Prednisone taper to just calm my body down because she felt everything was going haywire. It helped some. She advised to not get the second shot because "it could put me in the hospital next time" Prednisone didn't really fix any one thing but made everything less terrible.

Tabby, twa, Tabby and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
twa
 twa
(@teresawarren40)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @gtt500

@quinn

Just wanted to update you all. As I posted earlier, I began dizziness/vertigo and heart rate increase 2 weeks after my 1st Pfizer shot. Went to doctor for concerns and left really with no answers other than an EKG that told me that I had sinus tachycardia. All blood tests were normal. Doctor discounted any relationship to the vaccination. To make a long story short, my heart rate resolved itself after 2 weeks but dizziness etc continued for 8 weeks. I decided to try a low dosage (12.5mg) of meclizine once a day for 4 days. My symptoms are totally gone. Coincidence or was it just the amount of time passed?? I did get my second shot when it was due. Hopefully all this crap is history!! Good luck to all and God bless America. 🇺🇸

Hi,

Do you feel like it has totally resolved?  What is your recovery time, 8 weeks?  I'm averaging for the page, so we have a running total of recovery time.

Thank you,

Teresa 

ReplyQuote
(@gtt500)

@teresawarren40

Yes side effects have been gone now for 1 week after being present for 8 weeks. Keeping fingers crossed 🤞. 

Tabby, twa, Tabby and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
markm
(@markm)

@athrift03 Thanks for the feedback. I've had all those tests done recently with no issues. That was before vaccine though (except EKG). With SVT it seems to be a constant thing which makes sense in your situation. My resting rate is typically in the 50s and I haven't noticed any increase at rest or intense exercise. In general though it seems to be affecting all areas of the body and every person reacts differently which is why its so hard to pin down a reason. I had an elevated liver enzyme test 3 days after vax which is uncommon for me. Hepatology says most likely from vax. I wonder if there are other forums like this one for different parts of the body. 

I really wish I had waited for this vaccine to be tested more. 

Athrift03, Athrift03, Tabby and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
twa
 twa
(@teresawarren40)
Very Active Member

@gtt500

Great news!

ReplyQuote
(@dizzylikeyou)

Hi All,

I’ve been watching this since 5/4 praying for a magical cure and want to share my story.

One day prior to vaccine on April 4th I had a follow up appointment with ENT for neck pain issue. Several weeks before appointment my left ear suddenly plugged as well (I believed TMJ grinding issue). Dr looked at ear and said it’s fine. Had audiology test and was fine. He recommended Flonase and doubled my other meds for neck pain.

Next day, 4/6, had Moderna 1. That Friday, 4/9, I went in my car for dinner and did not feel I should be driving. I felt drunk and got nauseous. Cancelled plans for that evening. At first I thought was reaction to meds until I found this forum. Since then it’s like so many here have said. Dizzy every day, some good days and some bad. I always feel drunk or as if I put on a new pair of glasses. Get head fog - usually around late afternoon. Head, ear, eye pressure.

Had CT scan that showed mucusol buildup in sinuses. ENT prescribed 5 days steroids and 2 weeks antibiotic (on day 8 now). No noticeable difference yet. I asked about link to vaccine, he did not discount possibility but said not enough evidence to know for sure. I’m convinced it is. He also didn’t think it’s vertigo because I didn’t use the magic words “room is spinning”. Never had these dizzy issues so will believe him. 

5/4 was second shot the day I found this forum and searched side effects. I decided to get it, no difference in symptoms. To me it seems after I eat a meal the symptoms wane a bit and I’ll feel temporary relief. 

I don’t usually pray but I will pray they find out this issue so we can get back to felling normal. This is miserable.

twa and twa reacted
ReplyQuote
(@asimps)

Hi everyone. Just giving an update. After waiting 3 months for this to just go away, I finally saw a neuro. I tried steroids for a week, am currently trying amitriptyline for vestibular migraine. Had a ct, eye exam, eeg. Nothing is changing. I'm still "on the boat" or extremely lightheaded. Im still struggling with awful nausea. I began VRT today. They seem confident that they can help..... I feel like this may be a chronic thing, like PPPD or VM or MdDS. Maybe the vaccine just triggered something that was already there. Anyway, I'm quickly running out of ideas. I hope you all find relief and heal sooner rather than later. I'll check back in after a couple weeks of VRT. One good thing- I live in the south, so every health professional I've seen has just accepted that this is vaccine related without hesitation lol. 

Teri, Smileyoer, Bea and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@leahjean)

@seyek This is exactly what I'm dealing with and no one seems concerned. It's frustrating because I can't function. I'm now on day 15. 

ReplyQuote
Page 201 / 1151