17.3 K Posts
2261 Users
40191 Likes
2 M Views
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

Posted by: @michaelk

@dizzyfromvaccine  what supplements did you take? I tried to look back and find your previous post but could not. 

Dr. Anthony Fauci of The National Institutes of Health said in an interview with The Washington Post that data shows one shot of the Pfizer vaccine proved to be only 33% effective against the Delta variant. Fauci urged the importance of receiving both doses of the vaccine to protect against the variant. 

I have only received the 1st shot of Pfizer and opted out of the 2nd because I experienced 3 weeks of full blown vertigo. With 86 % effectiveness from the 1st shot I felt protected enough to wait and see how many people recovered and how long it took from the 2nd shot. Now with only 33% protection from the Delta I am rethinking what I should do. What do other people think who have only had their 1st shot?

Hi Michael - I'm thinking those of us that have reacted to these vaccines seem to have some sort of propensity to do so, and that should be figured into your risk/benefit calculations. Earlier on in this vaccination campaign there was a lot of publicity about you could expect to experience more/stronger side effects with the second dose ...with hesitancy and refusals building now, I seem to just see information being pumped out about how needful the second dose is and the hype about preparing to have more reaction seems to have been largely quelled. So, you probably want to figure in that.

Then, since you already experienced full blown vertigo reaction, you know what 3 weeks was like at that first dose level. Multiply that for the second dose by that unknown reoccurrence factor and figure out how much you can afford for it to impact your life ...asking yourself, would I be able to do the things I can now, and would that be ok? As to how long you'd have to plan for, that's an unknown also.

I had my Moderna vaccine 3+ months ago on 3/3 and last week I had plateaued at a level that I was still willing to go for an MRI later this month and start vestibular therapy the middle of next month. Then, on Sunday I drew a Go Directly To Jail card, with my symptoms relapsing all the way back to my Start square and I've started to take a second Medrol pack to try to tamp down my symptoms, even though I almost never use medication. At this point I once again can't move my head, close my eyes, or lay down without having my symptoms drag me into a swirling abyss of vertigo, nystagmus, and nausea.

I'm starting to come to terms with the possibility that I may never return to my pre-Vaccine norm. At this point my vision is so messed up with bouts of nystagmus and oscillopsia with vertigo and other Sx also that I don't know if I'll be a future candidate for the cataract surgeries I was needing and scheduling to have. I won't be getting anymore Covid vaccines, and probably no vaccines of any kind in my future lifetime.

BTW, the NIH told Dr Danice Hertz it could take a year of recovery for her very disabling reaction ...but truthfully, they have no way of knowing what her course, or ours will be.

You got off with a relatively short reaction last time. I doubt it's possible to foresee what sequelae you'd be in for if you went for another, but it would be better to err to the generous side of your estimates for reaction in your figuring. My experience doesn't generate optimism with this Vaccine, so I'm strongly avoiding it. Whatever you decide, I wish you the best! 🧐🙏

KitKat, KitKat, Tabby and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
junior1087
(@junior1087)

I just wanted to let everyone know , that everyone has been in my thoughts ! I had 2 really bad days , crying and no sleep , I stopped the gluthione and qurcentin , didn’t really feel much of a difference using them a whole week! I still feel the dizzy/boat feeling ! But I feel time is our best helper , I’m 7 weeks and some days now , good days and bad days! Prayers for y’all 

Sarah, LadyD, Sassafras and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@isismadec)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @rachie

It's wrong that people cannot be allowed to make thier own decisions about thier health without being bullied or vilified if they choose a different option to others. To be honest every day I say to my boyfriend it scares me how many people are taking these vaccines daily and like me have no idea that they may end up suffering because they have been bullied/pushed/ guilt tripped into taking it. 

I've even tried explaining WHY I am refusing the vaccine.  They dismiss my concerns with "Most people don't have any serious side effects", they tell me I should just "deal with" the side effects, or they deny that that side effects are real or insist that they are being exaggerated "to discourage others from getting the vaccine".  Because, don't you know, THEY didn't have any serious side effects and don't know anyone who did, therefore none of this is real.  I have to wonder how many of them will end up with long-term consequences as a result of taking the vaccine--since no one knows what might happen in the long term.

And yeah, I wonder how many people will end up suffering because they allowed themselves into being pushed/bullied/guilt-tripped into getting the jab. 

LadyD, Sassafras, Gloria M and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tabby)
Highly Active Member

Posted by: @isismadec

@tabby

That's me looking for a new job then as I work in health care. Ridiculous when it's making some of us so ill and then have to be on sick leave as I am. Surely better to have staff taking precautions and able to work? What's next? Refusing patients care unless they are vaccinated?

I know where they can poke there vaccine and it isn't sunny there 😂

There are rabid pro-vaccine types who believe that the unvaccinated should be denied health care.  I read various forums and see this unfortunate sentiment being expressed.

Hi dragonlover, It's happened before in Australia in 2017 when unvaccinated children were refused healthcare (The Guardian). Never mind social distancing, this whole situation is slowly causing a social divide. We know what these vaccines can do to us, although we are in the minority I believe, and because some of our doctors are lamplighting us, we are frustrated because no-one seems to be listening. Governments and top healthcare officials need to be more open and honest about these vaccines but it's not going to happen because their agenda seems to be to get everyone vaccinated and then deal with the consequences later.

LadyD, Gloria M, Sassafras and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@isismadec)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @tabby
Posted by: @isismadec

@tabby

That's me looking for a new job then as I work in health care. Ridiculous when it's making some of us so ill and then have to be on sick leave as I am. Surely better to have staff taking precautions and able to work? What's next? Refusing patients care unless they are vaccinated?

There are rabid pro-vaccine types who believe that the unvaccinated should be denied health care.  I read various forums and see this unfortunate sentiment being expressed.

Hi dragonlover, It's happened before in Australia in 2017 when unvaccinated children were refused healthcare (The Guardian). Never mind social distancing, this whole situation is slowly causing a social divide. We know what these vaccines can do to us, although we are in the minority I believe, and because some of our doctors are lamplighting us, we are frustrated because no-one seems to be listening. Governments and top healthcare officials need to be more open and honest about these vaccines but it's not going to happen because their agenda seems to be to get everyone vaccinated and then deal with the consequences later.

I already am seeing a social divide.  I completely agree that the agenda is to get as many people vaccinated as soon as possible, regardless of the collateral damage.

LadyD, Rachie, Sassafras and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@rachie)
Very Active Member

@tabby

I think people will have an uprising if this continued bullying to have the vaccine continues. I won't take it ever again and they can punish me anyway they choose, put restrictions on me, whatever I'm not taking another vaccine. 

Tabby, Dizzyfromvaccine, Sarah and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@frankstoney)

Been following this page since i got my first dose of Pfizer. 34 Year Old Male, U.K,  No previous Heath Issues.

Had first dose of Pfizer on 24/05/21 at 11am, went back to work and was fine all day, little did I know what was coming...

Drove home at 17:30, felt fine, as soon as I got out of my car I nearly fell over, felt as though I’d drank 20 bottles of Stella.... By 19:00 I was very sick, vomiting to the point there was nothing coming up.

The Vertigo was nothing less than severe, although it did slightly improve after 5 days, I spoke to 111 on day 2, who advised it was an immune response that had triggered vestibular labrynthitis and to contact my GP.

GP then told me that is a new side effect that 1 in 3000 were experiencing and would get better on its own in 7-10 days, prescribed Stetemil, which did nothing...

After the initial 5 days of severe vertigo,  it started to ease off slightly, but with this brought on another issue, Double Vision! 

Every morning from day 6 until day 14 I woke up with double vision, which usually sorted itself out within 20 mins of waking, it also got quite bad again coming up to late evening.

Called GP again, spoke to a different doctor who agreed with 111 and diagnosed vestibular labrynthitis - This Dr prescribed Betahistine, 8mg, 2 tabs 3 times a day, This medication has provided quite a lot of relief, the double vision has now gone, however the dizziness is always there slightly, it is manageable.

Have got to stay on betahistine for 28 days, Before another check with GP. 

Today is Day 23 since Vaccine, Day 9 of taking betahistine and feel quite positive, am going to attempt to go to the gym and maybe have a kick around!

Afterr the initial anxiety of thinking this would never go away, it seem like there is light at the end of the tunnel, unsure as to whether I will have my second dose.

Thought I’d share my experience, wish you all well and hope you get better soon!!

Sassafras and Sassafras reacted
ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

Well, today I'm scratching my head over a new question ...I still hope my issues are simply a result of my vaccination, for in that case I can entertain a generous amount of hope for eventual recovery. And, if that is so, then whatever diagnostic category fits my symptoms best, I can hope for it being a temporary/pseudo-Diagnosis.

So, then I look at dramatic relapsing being part of the complexion of this for me and a number of others here. I've done so much reading and research into differential diagnoses for these vestibular symptoms that it's all clamouring about in this once again addled brain of mine.

I'd like to distill these down to the ones that include definite relapsing characterizations. I'm wondering if anyone has come up with a list like that?

ReplyQuote
(@nawpan)

Hi, I have been posting some questions here and there but today I went to see my doctor and I got a diagnostic (kind of) so I'd like to share what my symptoms are after the first short of Pfizer and what the doctor said.

May 21 - Pfizer shot, has some itchiness all over body but subsided after an hour or two, then pain in the injection site for 2 days.  Four days later I started to develop a headache that lasted for 3 days.  From Day 6 to today this is what I'm having. 

- Numbness/tingling/vibrations are on both legs and feet (worse when I got up from sitting).  Sometimes after I just woke up.

- Numbness on my fingers (more left hand) and sometimes hands, and (rarely) forearms.

- My legs (thighs) feel burn and tired after walking up stairs (basement to main floor).

- Dizziness (start about Day 10), more like disequilibrium to the right side especially when sitting down working or playing piano.   

- left eye twitching

- I used to have a lot of pin and needles and now it's subsided.

Finally got to see my doctor in person today (had a phone call before and he was not worried).  He said the result of my blood work is great.  He did some physical testing and he thinks I have carpal tunnel syndrome on my left hand and slightly on my right.  Which I kind of agreed on that.  The strength of my legs feet hands arms are fine. However, when he tested dragging his finger under my feet, he knew something was not right on my right foot.  He think it has something to do with spinal cord or brain (this totally scared me).  So he refers me to a neurologist to have EMG test and he wants me to have CT scan for my brain (because of dizziness).  He's also confused why I got hyperreflexic on right foot when most of my symptoms are on left side.  He called "odd neurological symptoms to bilat legs, right clonus?  hyperreflexic?"

So I guess it's not all from anxiety like many people trying to tell me.  I was very healthy before and have no major health issue. I'm stress about what's happening and I'm glad to find this site.  I'm taking Vit D, C, and B-12.  Today I start taking Liposomal Glutathione and Quercetin (as some members have success in treating their dizziness).  I hope it will help with any inflammation (I hope it's temporary inflamed and will go away with time), fingers crossed.

Tabby, Rachie, dragonlover and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@msmar)

@nawpan Hi. Just saw your post and thought it would be helpful for you to see my previous post on page 262 if you haven’t seen it yet.

ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

Posted by: @thenystagmus

Well, today I'm scratching my head over a new question ...I still hope my issues are simply a result of my vaccination, for in that case I can entertain a generous amount of hope for eventual recovery. And, if that is so, then whatever diagnostic category fits my symptoms best, (maybe) I can hope for it being a temporary/pseudo-Diagnosis.

So, then I look at dramatic relapsing being part of the complexion of this for me and a number of others here.

I've done so much reading and research into differential diagnoses for these vestibular symptoms that it's all clamouring about in this once again addled brain of mine.

I'd like to distill these down to the diagnoses that include definite relapsing characterizations. I'm wondering if anyone has come up with a list like that?

@krmizrachgmail-com

Hi Karen, I hope this finds you doing well!

Since I've appreciated the input you've posted in the past and with you serving as one of the VEDA moderators, I'd like to ask you - Do you have access to any information that would answer this question concerning diagnoses that include definite reoccurring relapses of vestibular symptoms - vertigo, possibly with nystagmus; dizziness; nausea, etc.?

Thank you, Sassafras

Karen Mizrach, LadyD, Karen Mizrach and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@roxie)

I had the first dose of Pfizer on 15th May and I had bad brain fog, head pressure and exhaustion. Worst of all which doesn't go away are the increased floaters! I went to the urgent eye care unit and they don't find any serious eye problems. I'm relieved that I'm not alone in blaming the vaccine as they developed immediately after. Has anyone's floaters been reduced? Needless to say that I'm not having another dose.

Sassafras and Sassafras reacted
ReplyQuote
(@gingerjones)
Very Active Member

@junior1087 

Hang in there friend - we are ALL with you!!

LadyD, Sassafras, junior1087 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Sarah
(@lilu906)

@gloriam ivermectin, was safely used for the past 50 years around the globe nearly 4 billion times. It is on WHO's list of essential medicines and it was developed in Japan, also won a Nobel Prize in 2015 for it's global and historic impacts in eradicating parasitic infections in many parts of the world. For some reason it is very hard to get a prescription for it(also can be purchased on Amazon). It is proven that it can help with Covid, after Covid long haulers side effects and after vaccine side effects.

Rachie, Gloria M, junior1087 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@isismadec)
Very Active Member

@tabby

If someone becomes very ill as a result of a vaccine they were forced to have as a condition for employment, they aren't going to be able to work anyway.  I hope that anyone who becomes ill as a result of forced vaccination turns around and sues the employer.

Rachie and Rachie reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 288 / 1151