17.3 K Posts
2261 Users
40191 Likes
2 M Views
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

Posted by: @tabby

I feel your anger and frustration Sassafras because you, like me, believed these vaccines were safe, after all, we were led to believe so. What we weren't told is that it would make some of us ill causing us pain, suffering, stress and anxiety. I understand the problem governments faced, it was a race against time to come up with a vaccine because hundreds of thousands of people were dying around the world and scientists were under pressure to come up with an answer fast.

I also understand that this is a trial immunisation programme on a global scale and as such, certain pitfalls such as adverse effects, hospitalization and even death are all possible parts of the process. What normally takes 10-15 years to develop has been done in 9 months. I am certain that all of the reports of adverse effects will be carefully monitored, as would normally take place in trials, and over the coming months or years improvements will be made to eradicate these negative responses. Too late for us I know.

I do believe now there is enough evidence for caution and as such it would be wrong to impose these vaccines on unwilling, frightened people who are understandably concerned for their health and long term effects. What doesn't help is being fobbed of by some healthcare providers as symptoms being unrelated to vaccines when they don't really know. They don't have the answers and people are quietly losing confidence in them because they are not being heard. 

Vaccines do work when they have been through normal processes. These covid vaccines haven't gone through the normal processes.I personally had my doubts, like a lot of people, about walking into the unknown. I went for my first with trepidation and justifiably so. I went for my second of the same mind and justifiably so. It's been a rollercoaster of a journey so far but it's one ride I'd like to get off. Sending good vibes to you and all.🙏😊

Thank you, friend. I hope your optimism is validated by future events. I don't possess the level of confidence you express and I hope that proves to be remedied as events unfold.

I believe money/power issues that are involved create immense conflicts of interests for those we would hope to respond humanely, even valiantly. It's the high-level, high-stakes players that will be most vulnerable to having their responses corrupted by these.

As for now, wrong IS happening daily and I'm wrangling with that, on levels both great and small. And, yes, aren't we all?!! 😔🙏

dragonlover, Tabby, dragonlover and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

@tabby 

PS... A take off from my cow dream ...I do hope this animal gets a loud warning bell around its neck ASAP that's impossible to ignore!

A child pointed out that the emperor wore no clothes

Hey, I can hope! 👍🙏

Rachie, Tabby, Rachie and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

Sorry, ...I'll try to take my passion level about all this down a few notches. I had to laugh at myself a bit when I suddenly realized my intensity today is "on steroids", literally. 🥺 Tomorrow morning I get to the last daily one pill dose, down from the six pills I started with 4 days ago. Talk about a ride! Again, sorry for today's dragging along for the ride I've done... 😔

Rachie, Bea, Tabby and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@burk3)

Hello all. Before I say what I'm going to say, please keep in mind I do not know if it will help any of you, but I feel it's worth a shot. Basically, I experienced similar symptoms to all of you (the only difference being that my major symptoms seemed to start about 3 weeks after my second dose, whereas it seems like many of you experienced these symptoms immediately after or a few days later). These symptoms (dizziness/vertigo, nausea, seemingly difficulty reading, numbness and lack of motor skills in my hands) lingered for weeks, and I eventually realized my symptoms were not caused by a chemical reaction to the vaccine, but what I believe was a physical reaction to the vaccine. Once I realized this, I was able to get rid of my symptoms in a few days.  So, again, I do not know for sure if what I am going to say will help any of you, but it's worth a shot. 

I got my first dose in March with no side effects. I got my second dose in April. The next day I was very tired, but that wore off by the second day. However, I noticed that the bruise where I got my shot lingered for a very long time, approximately 2 full weeks. Also, I noticed a weird pins and needles sensation near the shoulder blade of the side of my body where I got the shot. That too seemed to fade away after about two weeks. Then everything went back to normal for about a week. After that, one morning, I woke up and noticed I seemed to be lacking fine motor skills in my hands (trouble typing, trouble writing, trouble opening cans, etc.). This scared me so I went to the doctor and got blood work done. Everything came back normal so I assumed it was all in my head and I was overthinking it. But then, after about two days, the vertigo started. I was constantly dizzy, suffering from brain fog, and one day I vomited. I also noticed that I seemed to have trouble reading, as if I was dyslexic. I immediately worried I had had a stroke, so I went to the hospital and got an MRI done. Everything came back normal and there was no stroke. I went home not sure what to do. I found this forum, and although I never commented, I became convinced the vaccine had a weird chemical reaction on my body. I suffered for about a week more, and then started connecting the dots, finding it weird my symptoms started weeks after the vaccine, and I remembered the long-lasting bruise and the pins and needles sensation in my shoulder blade. Thinking there was a chance my issue wasn't chemical at all, but a nerve issue, I began treating the area where I felt the pins and needles as if I had a pinched nerve there. After doing this for a day, I got a stinging pain in my shoulder blade, which led me to believe I was moving in the right direction. I kept treating the area for a few more days and my symptoms lifted. 

Basically what I did was I started icing the shoulder blade area, doing stretching exercises (I found this video particularly helpful https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4UKKCg_aUU), and began taking Lion's Mane Mushroom supplements which help with nerves (you can get these from Vitamin Shoppe or probably better specialty brands). I do believe the vaccine somehow punctured, pinched or otherwise impacted my nerve. Even if you're convinced your issues are not nerve-related, it cannot hurt to think about it. Do you remember at any point since the vaccine having pain, tingles or spasms in your upper back, shoulder or neck? If so, that might be causing your dizziness. And if not, maybe just assume it is in the same location as mine (around the shoulder blade on the side of the body where you got your shot). And if it doesn't work, and you run out of other options, maybe seeing an orthopedist is an option. Again, I don't mean to give false hope here. I am just trying to help and I know how much I was struggling. Good luck to everyone.

Rachie, lvit01, Tabby and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
twa
 twa
(@teresawarren40)
Very Active Member

So are people continuing to see improvements with the gluthione?

ReplyQuote
twa
 twa
(@teresawarren40)
Very Active Member

@elallen17 

What supplements are you taking?

ReplyQuote
Hope123
(@hope123)

Posted by: @thenystagmus
Posted by: @hope123

Also so many people posted once and then they never returned because their symptoms cleared up

Hmmm, dunno how you could manage to conclude that?! Yeah, wishful thinking mebbe...

But I've inquired after some that went quiet, had them respond, and share that they were still symptomatic and moving from one treatment trial to another without success ...but had just decided not to keep posting, for various reasons. 

You might want to rethink such leaping logistical maneuverings; you might sprain something really important!!? 😨

Wow such rudeness!

fine; let’s think none of this will go away lol does it feel better for you ?

i can tell I am getting better and plenty people did, I read this whole forum… a few i pmed and they confirmed that 

Surely this sucks. But there is hope snd there are reasons to believe we will get better 😀 

This post was modified 3 years ago by Hope123

Sarah and Sarah reacted
ReplyQuote
Hope123
(@hope123)

@teresawarren40 have seen no improvement with it but I took it in pill form, will try liquid after the second shot 

ReplyQuote
Hope123
(@hope123)

Posted by: @rachie

@hope123  that's what I'm hoping, people are feeling too well after recovery to come back and tell us, though I wish they would! 

I asked a few of them and the responded confirming, yes

I noticed spending too much time on this forum can be very stressful, we have to keep our spirits up. Try to just give yourself time to recover. You will eventually but stress makes this worse 

gingerj, Rachie, Sarah and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tabby)
Highly Active Member

Sorry, ...I'll try to take my passion level about all this down a few notches. I had to laugh at myself a bit when I suddenly realized my intensity today is "on steroids", literally. 🥺 Tomorrow morning I get to the last daily one pill dose, down from the six pills I started with 4 days ago. Talk about a ride! Again, sorry for today's dragging along for the ride I've done... 😔

Hey, this rollercoaster we're on brings out all sorts of emotions in us, some we never knew we had. Don't change a thing Sassafras, your knowledge and opinions are interesting and sometimes amusing which is what we all need.😊

ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

Also so many people posted once and then they never returned because their symptoms cleared up

Hmmm, dunno how you could manage to conclude that?! Yeah, wishful thinking mebbe...

But I've inquired after some that went quiet, had them respond, and share that they were still symptomatic and moving from one treatment trial to another without success ...but had just decided not to keep posting, for various reasons. 

You might want to rethink such leaping logistical maneuverings; you might sprain something really important!!? 😨

Wow such rudeness!

i can tell I am getting better and plenty people did, I read this whole forum… a few i pmed and they confirmed that 

Surely this sucks. But there is hope snd there are reasons to believe we will get better 😀 

Please forgive me for jabbing hard at you! Afterward a while I realized the strength of my emotions has been ratcheted up by my being in the last couple of days of a course of steroids.

Nothing about this feels good to me. I'm trying to be brave, but I'm frightened. I do hope this does go away for every last one of us. And I'm glad for every shred of progress any of us has made, and for anything anyone has avoided in the way of side effects from these vaccines.

I have improved, worsened, progressed, then most recently totally relapsed, now today beginning to slog through a period of provoking my symptoms once again, believing I'll get better again by doing so.

What disturbed me was your wholesale opinion that you have little to fear in choosing to be vaccinated again because of other's improvement, even stating unequivocally that those that posted, never returning, did so because they recovered. That appeared to me to be a shaky branch of logic to be venturing out on and I was concerned to see you encouraging others to follow you there.

But, this is a bit like the Mad Hatter's tea party... The Dormouse is asleep next door to me, but there are still a few clean cups further on down the table near Alice - and I need one! Sorry for any way I misunderstood you. Hope to see you there, sometime...

Patty, Tabby, dragonlover and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Sarah
(@lilu906)

@burk3 thank you so much for sharing your story 🙏

Burk3 and Burk3 reacted
ReplyQuote
Sarah
(@lilu906)

@hope123 thank you for your positive 🙏 i greatly appreciate it. We need to stay hopeful.

ReplyQuote
Hope123
(@hope123)

Wow such rudeness!

Please forgive me for jabbing hard at you! Afterward a while I realized the strength of my emotions has been ratcheted up by my being in the last couple of days of a course of steroids.

Nothing about this feels good to me. I'm trying to be brave, but I'm frightened. I do hope this does go away for every last one of us. And I'm glad for every shred of progress any of us has made, and for anything anyone has avoided in the way of side effects from these vaccines.

I have improved, worsened, progressed, then most recently totally relapsed, now today beginning to slog through a period of provoking my symptoms once again, believing I'll get better again by doing so.

What disturbed me was your wholesale opinion that you have little to fear in choosing to be vaccinated again because of other's improvement, even stating unequivocally that those that posted, never returning, did so because they recovered. That appeared to me to be a shaky branch of logic to be venturing out on and I was concerned to see you encouraging others to follow you there.

But, this is a bit like the Mad Hatter's tea party... The Dormouse is asleep next door to me, but there are still a few clean cups further on down the table near Alice - and I need one! Sorry for any way I misunderstood you. Hope to see you there, sometime...

I get what you mean but please understand I choose to get a second shot because I travel a lot and it is my own choice, I want to finish what I started. Also, my symptoms did improve over time if you read my symptom diary. I only have brain fog left, nothing else. My work is remote and I have a big support system so to me the benefits outweigh the risks. 

I never had vertigo and dizziness for a short period of time. And I have barely noticeable dizziness now but it’s more like brain fog that comes ago. 

I am more tired than usual bur pretty active still.

I did talk to many people on this forum and many have recovered, especially the ones with no preexisting vestibular issues. It just took time from 1 week to 3 months. 

I am not saying - everyone recovered 

I understand your symptoms are really bad and you are very pessimistic but this is not helping. We have to stay positive. 

gingerj and gingerj reacted
ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

@hope123 

An optimist may perceive a realist to be pessimistic.

My symptoms do go from very bad to much better, cyclically. Some of my current realism is based on still a long time waiting to rule out issues that may be pre-existing, although previously undisclosed, and may have nothing to do with my vaccination.

I glad you're improving and I truly wish you well! 👍

Bea, dragonlover, Bea and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 301 / 1151