17.3 K Posts
2261 Users
40191 Likes
2 M Views
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

Posted by: @ginger

@mm824 @paige1123 I know i'm very late to this particular party but want to add my cents in case it helps anyone else.

On June 1st I sustained a concussion that left me feeling dizzy with a headache for two weeks before I started seeing any improvement. On the 7th June I finally managed to get an appointment with a locum to get checked out - she just flipped  through my hair and said 'well you don't have a lump you're fine why are you here?' (1) no sh*t i don't have a lump after a week 2) don't mind me i'm just holding onto the walls because I like the paint). I had my first jab booked for the following day and she said there was no reason not to get it. My inner alarm bell called BS, so I cancelled it and rebooked for the 23rd.

By the 20th I was feeling basically back to normal just still feeling tired and a bit weird if i looked at screens too long. Got my jab on the 23rd. Moderna. Instant pain shot down my arm but otherwise i felt more or less ok. My heart was racing a bit while I was in the waiting room but since covid i've developed a lot of anxiety about being around people so I was sat there mentally balancing 'reaction?' with 'anxiety?' and went with anxiety.

Felt a bit tired after and couldn't use my arm for 2 days and started feeling a little run down - tired and waking up with a stuffy nose. Had a funeral to go to on the 26th and felt absolutely fine. Took a rapid test beforehand to protect others and it was negative. Started feeling a bit weird - like i'd been looking at screens - towards the end of the day and had a helluva migraine in the car home. I put it down to intensive peopleing cos I've been REALLY isolated since the pandemic started.

The next day I couldn't get out of bed I felt so bad - pounding headache nausea and dizziness - but when I say dizziness I don't mean like when you spin round and then you stop but the world keeps going - i felt like I was on a boat in a rough sea - looking around made me feel like I was about to fall. Felt like being concussed all over again. After a week I called the doctor (got my actual doctor for once not a locum) and he said he was pretty sure it was a bad reaction to the jab but because of my head injury and prior history of vitamin deficiencies he's sending me for a complete blood test and an MRI. I'm still waiting for those results. He also prescribed me Cinnarazine which i have to say has been a lifesaver. I still felt pretty awful but by the 12th I was able to be up and about a bit. It's the 25th now and i'm still on the pills. I can get by with out them now but still feel swimmy-in-the-head enough to find it easier with them. Not totally back to normal but about 80-85% The only downside of the pills is that they make me a bit drowsy but at least i'm able to do basic daily things like work in the garden and cook and clean and light exercise which I was absolutely unable to do before.

My personal theory is that I wasn't fully healed from my concussion and the inflammatory response to the jab caused a second one, as the path to feeling better has almost exactly mirrored my concussion but has lasted longer. Just waiting to see if science backs up my instincts. I'm not the sort of person who sits around waiting for things to resolve themselves as 9/10 i've found that doesn't work so I was educating myself on concussion rehabilitation exercises and there's a great concussion rehab therapist on youtube I found this week who firstly said don't be scared of the dizzies if you feel it when you do something it's a sign you need to do that thing more so your brain learns how to adjust - the longer you stay in bed and avoid movement the longer your recovery will be and also to work on relaxing your neck because part of the problem can be tangled up in there.

As soon as i forced myself out of bed and started doing the exercises I noticed the most improvement.

Not saying this will work for everyone as you all have different backgrounds but it's helped me so much in recent days. But also like a lot of you i'm really scared about getting my second jab and am going to see how long I can put it off for because I've already been written off for 2 months this year with the concussion then the jab I really can't afford or bear to spend another month like this in the immediate future. Will update if anything useful is found on the tests.

In summary: I'm a month in, still not right, cinnarizine and exercise helps a lot.

I know several people who have had old injuries flare up as a result of these jabs: ankles broken 20 years ago swelling up, knees dislocated in the past too painful to walk on for several weeks. Perhaps looking into your own past injuries or conditions may help you find answers or at least think of ways to help yourselves get up and about. I'd be really interested if any of you are/have had concussions in the past too!

Sorry for the super long post but i felt background info was useful for context.

Hi Ginger, Although I have a history of concussion from a head injury, it was decades ago. I experienced many of the same vestibular-type symptoms then that I have had more recently - vertigo with nystagmus (eyes flipping back and forth), nausea, vomiting, and wall clinging for about a month. (Why DO they not check if you can walk unaided when you go through this stuff?!!) I could not stop vomiting, continually dry heaving with my concussion and was hospitalized back then for 5 days. I had CT that showed no complications, was given a brain specific steroid, Decadron, and upon leaving the hospital I had to move in with others that could cook for me for a while. I was in the midst of a year-long respiratory therapist course of study with hospital clinical rotations to attend and therefore got back to my normal levels of activity as soon as possible, eventually recovering completely.

Decades later I had one evening of unexplained sudden onset vestibular symptoms that resolved overnight after trying the Epley maneuver for BPPV, then 6 months later more vestibular issues 2 days following Moderna Covid vaccine in early March that were not resolved with the Epley maneuver.

With my recent issues, I also came to a point where I realized I needed to force myself to start moving more once again, as after a while I began feeling worse and worse, the more I restricted my activities. I started with vestibular PT and found it immediately helpful, but then I had to stop because of an insurance change. I've been back in therapy this month and happily find I'm progressing once again.

I can find a bajillion things I'd rather do, because doing them stirs up my symptoms, but I'm quite stern with myself to do them twice daily and I'm convinced that my continued recovery is progressing because of them and depends on doing them regularly.

Thank you for sharing your journey. It can be quite puzzling to put all our different experiences into any order that makes sense, so I'm glad we have each other here to compare notes with!

Well wishes for us all! 😌🙏

Gloria M, LadyD, dragonlover and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lynner)

@ladyd Hi Lady D, gutted for you symptoms came back, I  can so emphasise with you. I feel exactly the same, if only drs could treat us properly, I am tired of researching things too. The only thing I  have really been diagnosed with is a fast heart rate and mgd in eyes.  Please feel free to message me anytime, thoughts are with you.x

ReplyQuote
LadyD
(@ladyd)
Very Active Member

@lynner ditto and thank you my lovely x

ReplyQuote
(@garybonam)

So sorry about not getting back to everyone. Been staying busy trying to keep my mind off this crap. So far it's been a pretty lousy summer for me. With all the weather changes here in Ohio, it really plays with my vertigo. As far as the vaccine reaction, well my ear pain finally cleared up. But now I'm having bouts of mild nausea almost every day? Getting sleep is tough because I keep having nightmares almost every night? Weird stuff, like nightmares, usually are?? It's been 6 months since the vaccine and that woozy feeling is still with me. My vertigo and tinnitus are still elevated. Now they're talking about a booster shot??!! Between you and me, I don't need any of these "side effects" boosted!! They have turned it into a political football and they keep moving the goal post!! I just feel like we've all been bamboozled into a situation that's questionable at best? My doctor doesn't seem to have any real answers? I'm still not sure where he gets his info as far as the long hauler question? Must be an MD thing? They must talk amongst themselves or have info that's not available to us average Joes?? I hope all this crap clears up for all our sakes, and soon!

KitKat, KitKat, Gloria M and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@nickoleb83)

@vuneca

I got my second shot of moderna March. Over the past few months constant headaches, and migraines left side the face mostly.   About a month ago I was hearing sounds like someone was whimpering in my left ear every now and then.  Now I have severe ear pain and severe TMJ all through my left side.   Left side of the face swollen down to the neck.    Barely open up my mouth.   Doctor said I have Eustachian Tube Dysfunction, and TMJ prescribed Prednisone.  Never had any problems before the vaccine.  I hardly got headaches. It’s all been happening on my left side.  Don’t know if it’s from the moderna vaccine or not.  It’s been a week since I’ve been on Prednisone, and the inflammation and ear pain has not changed.  I’m a Massage therapist and I specialize in cranial sacral,  and TMJ relief treatments.  Nothing is working for me. I can not get any healing relief. I try to massage the area myself, just putting any slight pressure to the left side of my face, brings me to tears.  It’s so swollen and so tender to the touch. 

(@mybodymyrightmychoice)

I would love to see data that includes the percentage of vaccinated people with these side effects. All-in-all the side effects people are experiencing seem to have similarities. I hope everyone feels better soon. 

ReplyQuote
(@dizzzy2021)

@kirstymiller THE information provided worth a lot. thanks .I got my first Pfizer 28 days back,I was literally in Hell .at beginning I had flue like symptoms , dizziness,head ache and brain fog.dizziness,head ache and brain fog is still with me but with less frequent and power.I got vit C D ZINC supplements and 3 weeks dose of Betaserc tablet.Im not sure they worked or no ,Im better now compare to the past but not fully recovered.every body talks about Ivermectin herebut its not available in my area.The thing which makes me miserable is that, I dont know for how long it will last and possibility of permanent damage to my brain and body.thank you all for sharing your experience and knowledge in this forum.

ReplyQuote
(@lukenick)

Well after rescheduling twice this weekend I just got my second Pfizer shot after three and a half months between the first. I’ll try and keep everyone updated with my symptoms. Trying to go in with a positive attitude and deal with whatever happens. 

Gloria M, LadyD, Sunshine and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dizzzy2021)

@veecollins not helps just hope.search for my name here .Im almost like you now after 28 days.better condition but not recovered.

ReplyQuote
(@shona)

@lynne . Hi. I had 1st AstraZeneca in april  2nd in july, I have had conjunctivitis twice. Stomach pressure   pressure in my bottom(terrible) ringing in my ears, sudden thoughts of suicide that come from nowhere. It's awful. Dr said inflammation in my eyes and veins in my leg could be caused by AstraZeneca,  I know it's because of it. I felt fine before it all.

ReplyQuote
(@mabe)

@sandram Hi Sandra, my daughterhad their First Pfister vaccin 6 Werks ago, and since 4 days afterthe vaccin, she started to feel dizzy, and its not gone yet. She Fels, like you say, uncomfortable. And she is just a few days ahead of her 2nd. shot. Do you feel better now? Has the dizziness finaly gone? 

(@katie)

@garybonam 

I’m so sorry for your long journey. I’m not far behind you ☹️

Have you seen any improvements? What percent improved, overall, would you say you are at 6 months later? 

(@gingerjones)
Very Active Member

@jondick 

So wonderful to hear you are making really good progress...I know it is has been a long haul...Thank you so much for posting your updates...it helps us all to know there is light at the end of the long road...

ReplyQuote
(@gingerjones)
Very Active Member

@greenmonster 

Well said friend!!!

ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

Welll, over the last 4+ months, I've not noticed weather being a trigger for me up to now. But today I'll bet a graph of the barometric pressure here last night and today would be nothing but a crazily rapid up & down squiggle.

It clouded over today and thunder has rumbled for hours with only a couple of minutes of barely perceivable moisture. Early on, one layer of the clouds were headed north while others were stationary and at the same time the surface wind had begun to head south. The underside of the clouds have been lumpy off & on like when it's about to hail, but nothing comes down.

All this is about the meteorological equivalent of riding a Tilt-A-Whirl ride at the carnival. And I believe I'm feeling it. A few twinges of my right facial paresthesia, mild right tinnitus and some pressure in my right sinus that's been gone are back. Goofy feelings of dizzy displacements and nausea when I move my head that have been largely absent are here once again. But I'm glad it's not to the extreme degree of my last relapse 6 weeks ago. Today I'm not to the point of staggering as I walk or grabbing the walls and furniture.

This morning I drank a lot and ate well and felt some better - thought it might have just been need for those. But then doing my vestibular PT exercises stirred up a lot more symptoms than usual and I'm back to feeling a bit swirly.

Now I can relate to others here that have shared that weather seems to affect you.

I'm really hoping when this weather front that seems to be hovering on top of me moves on, I'll feel much better! 😏🙏

LadyD and LadyD reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 406 / 1151