Notifications
Clear all

Covid-19 Vaccine side effects

17.3 K Posts
2261 Users
40191 Likes
2 M Views
(@rockingonaboat)

@isismadec yeah. I’m just so disappointed. As I said before, I’ve never had a reaction to a vaccine, at least nothing like what I’m experiencing now, and I’m by no means against them. But after having this reaction, I’m afraid for anyone to get it. My family has gotten their vaccines and didn’t have this type of reaction, so I figured I’d be okay. I’m the only one in my family dealing with this and I’m not sure why. 

I’ve opted not get my second dose. I’d rather just have to wear a mask and wash my hands more than usual and continue social distancing than have to deal with this much more or something worse. 

Again, I’m glad I’m not alone in this. 

KitKat, BgreeCgree, KitKat and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
LadyD
(@ladyd)
Very Active Member

@s-m-a Thank you 😊 it’s definitely weird not having the comfort of my mum  on the other end of the phone. But that’s life I guess. I’m sure I’m not the only one here missing someone too. And I’m sorry to have disappointed with a relapse. I spoke to soon but as I say the weather and me being stupid and going a million miles an hour with stuff in a heatwave just didn’t help. We must give our bodies time. I think the vaccine inflammation has caused a problem with my vestibular nerve. I spoke to my doctor today and asked to be referred to a neurologist and she says the wait is 6 months! 🤔 I wonder why??! I wish you well soon…and all of us ❤️

ReplyQuote
(@dizzydame)

@lynner @ladyd Thank you for mentioning the muscle spasms. I recently started experiencing them too, after beginning a new set of vestibular therapy exercises prescribed by my PT. They tend to happen when I am concentrating hard on my balance while doing the exercises or focusing on holding my head up while watching TV. I hope you both have found lasting relief from the spasms. 

@ladyd I read one of your posts mentioning the possibility of this being a vestibular migraine. My ENT and PT are now considering my case to be migraine-related after diagnosing me with vestibular neuritis 3 weeks ago. My vertigo symptoms feel like I am constantly on a boat and worsen when I have dairy, chocolate, and coffee. Last week I was feeling better, better enough to have a Chipotle bowl, which left me in shambles for a good 4 days. However, my "baseline" of symptoms was better compared to before -- have you noticed the same for yourself? I am unsure if this is all consistent with vestibular migraine but my ENT recommended I follow a diet that folks with Meniere's follow. Perhaps you have already heard this -- it's clear from your posts that you've put in many hours of research! I am going to try the diet for 2+ months. Should anyone should find it helpful, I share this website which has info about reintroducing food: https://thedizzycook.com/5-tips-for-reintroducing-foods-on-a-migraine-diet/

LadyD, Boatrocking, LadyD and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@redm)

@mm824 I am experiencing the same with extreme dizziness and nauseousness oh, I did that sometimes I can't wake up from sleep which is not normal for me. Very debilitating. 7 weeks now.

(@redm)

Yes I have my first moderna saw about 7 weeks ago. The dizziness started right after the shot. I thought well, that's a one-time thing. Nope! I have been dizzy severely, at least five days out of the week for the last seven weeks. Dizzy to the point I feel like I'm going to fall over and I've also had severe nauseousness at times and the inability to wake myself some sleep, which has not been a problem since I was a teenager. I usually have a hard time getting four decent hours of sleep. My doctor doesn't understand and dismisses this, she pushes me hard to get my 2nd dose.

my BP also increased to seriously dangerous levels and it was not like that prior to the vaccine. I did have pre-hypertensive tendencies that were managed by a low dose of blood pressure medication. This has been upped and a second blood pressure medication added.

Has anyone had the above resolved by getting the 2nd dose? 

(@peyton3418)

I have seen some communication back-and-forth on here in regards to Ivermectin, and I just thought I would say my peace on the matter. I have not used Ivermectin yet, for this nor for anything else in life, but have read all of the information on web that explain how dangerous it can be. Obviously, we are an extremely vulnerable group of people looking for answers, and any sort of supplement, medication and/or treatment that will make us feel better. I have read that there are some who took Ivermectin and feel as though it helped and/or completely healed their symptoms. To those people - I am so glad that you have recovered and are feeling better. To everyone else, I urge total and complete research on Ivermectin before taking it, including weighing the risk over benefit of side effects it may cause. Just like we are experiencing horrifying side effects from the vaccine, there could be long-term risks to taking Ivermectin as a way to treat our symptoms. We are in uncharted territory, and sometimes I think because we are so vulnerable, we are so willing to do anything and everything to make ourselves better before fully understanding what we are putting into our bodies.

Just some of my thoughts. I know how vulnerable I have become and how close I've been to taking pills/supplements that I know nothing about simply because I want more than anything to feel better and get over this nightmare. Sending all of my warm wishes and thoughts to everyone here. We are in this together, stay strong and even on our worst days, may we be reminded that we will get through this.

Redlil, Sassafras, Redlil and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dizzydame)

@rockingonaboat you're definitely not alone! I started feeling like I was constantly on a boat two days after getting the first dose of the vaccine 3 months ago. The feeling is still there but less so. Opted out of the second. The rocking feeling worsens with anxiety and being in crowded places. I'm reading up on Persistent postural-perceptual dizziness -- a telltale sign is the on the boat feeling -- and wondering if that's what I have. I wonder if it has much to do with anxiety: I had a terrible argument with my mom about getting the vaccine and felt dizzy right after, then the constant rocking feeling started the next day. Still, it's more likely an inflammation of the ear, but PPPD cites anxiety and alarm as a cause too...anyway, I hope this resonates with your experience, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for our health  

Boatrocking, LadyD, Boatrocking and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jardelina)

@dizzybrainfog did you take amoxicillin as your antibiotics?  You really believe it helped with dizziness?

ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

As you may already know, there are currently increasing calls for everyone, including the vaccinated, to go back to all the safety precautions.

When those vaccinated to the max were told they could forego masking, etc - to be seen wearing a mask in public was a badge signifying unvaccinated (or partially vaccinated) status or hyperreliance on the effectiveness of masking.

It seems with upcoming reversion to masking recommendations - mandates in some cases, going bare-faced will now be seen as impudence and/or unbelief in masking. And, going about masked will signify compliance and/or faith in the wisdom of masking recommendations or mandates.

But the messagings have now become so mangled and so incredibly distorted beyond belief that trustworthiness is suspect in every direction ...and it boils down to selective faith as to where you choose to rest your trust. Or, another way to put it, what you retreat to for safety as a result of your perceptions of relative dangers.

What a fearfully royal mess!

ReplyQuote
(@gingerjones)
Very Active Member

@greenmonster 

There ya go...I too am thick-skinned...needed to be...grew up in an Irish Catholic family in Boston...One of 11 children...If you wanted to get your point across then you had to get into the ring and let your voice be heard...

So, not everyone is going to agree with you on this forum and that is ok...just let it roll, like water off a duck's back...

ReplyQuote
(@greenmonster)

@happyhourglass This was predicted last year by many scientists and doctors and just last month In May of this year Prof. Luc Montagnier stated that the vaccines were causing the variants through Antibody-Dependent Enhancement.  He has been tracking the cases around the world.  Prof. Montagnier is the Nobel winning virologist that discovered HIV.  Here is a quote from him.

"The new variants are a production and result from the vaccination. You see it in each country, it’s the same: the curve of vaccination is followed by the curve of deaths.

Should we be vaccinating during a pandemic?

—It’s unthinkable.

They’re silent… many people know this, epidemiologists know it.

—It is clear that the new variants are created by antibody-mediated selection due to the vaccination."

By the way over 20 peer reviewed studies have now shown that masks make no difference at all.  The virus travels through these masks as if they were not there.  Every single person I know that tested positive for Covid wore a mask all the time.  Also, my daughter is a doctor and caught TB last year in the ER while wearing a mask and social distancing and only being in the room for 1 minute.  TB is a bacteria and is 1000 times larger than a virus. 

KitKat and KitKat reacted
ReplyQuote
(@gingerjones)
Very Active Member

@greenmonster You are exactly right...Herd immunity is what saves lives and STOPS the pandemic!!

ReplyQuote
(@greenmonster)

@gingerjones You are 100% right and they never wanted herd immunity.  At this point it seems crazy to me for someone especially already having side effects from the first shot to even be considering the second shot.  And the booster will only create more variants even stronger and starts a cycle that could kill us all.  I just wish people will wake up and start thinking for themselves before it's too late. 

gingerj and gingerj reacted
ReplyQuote
LadyD
(@ladyd)
Very Active Member

@dizzydame yes sounds as if we have similar symptoms. I was told they suspect the inflammation from vaccine has aggravated the vestibular nerve causing vestibular migraine or neuritis but only a neurologist can actually diagnose that and the wait is 6 months!!! Thank you for sharing the info about Menieres diet that’s really helpful. I’ll check that out. I quit coffee and chocolate ages ago but have been having cereal with milk and yogurt also which I think may not be helping. These diets are so restrictive!! We must tread carefully though, and I wish us all well very soon 🙏🏼

ReplyQuote
(@haas)

Dear Users,

Please HELP and provide a response if you've recovered. I received my first Pfizer Covid-19 Vaccine dose on May 15th 2021. Like most on this forum, exactly one week later, I developed (or have been told I have but who really knows at this stage) debilitating Benign Positional Vertigo on my right side. It has been over two months and I HAVE NOT RECOVERED. If I lie down and turn to the right, the room begins to spin. At first, it was extremely acute and since then varies in intensity. Like others in this forum, I feel like I am on a rocking boat constantly, making every day tasks (including typing this) near impossible. I saw my physician, physiotherapist, neurologist and ENT and still no resolution. They all prescribe the Epley manoeuvre, which, does nothing and most recently when done by the ENT, actually made it worse. I've reported to Pfizer today (let's see what they say) but does anyone know if they ever disclosed long term vertigo as a side effect? I too am not an anti-vaxxer and eagerly waited in Canada for my vaccine but this type of long term side effect was not disclosed. I would never have taken the vaccine if I had known I would become incapacitated with something that appears not to be as rare as death. We need to fight together to get answers and treatment.

Please, please please can you get back to me if your vertigo did in fact resolve after taking the Covid 19 vaccine? Is there any hope or is this my new reality? BTW, I was a perfectly healthy 44 year old female who was active prior to this with no pre-exeisting conditions.

Ero, Iris Lynne, ElleMichele and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 411 / 1151