Clear all

Covid-19 Vaccine side effects

17.3 K Posts
2261 Users
40191 Likes
2 M Views
(@larag)
Very Active Member

Has anyone suffered muscle twitches that have improved? I'm in desperate need of some good news stories and/or hope now.

Depression is hitting hard now.

ReplyQuote
(@billybob)

Hey guys, I'm very sorry to hear about all your side effects.  I took the time to write this up to help you all.  I know a lot of you searched for side effects and found this forum so all the people who'd have bad side effects would naturally be posting here.  I just wanted to give you some hope (or your loved ones if they haven't vaccinated yet) to describe what happened to me and my wife after we took our Pfizer vaccines dose 1 and 2.  I'm 44, my wife is 40.  I'm not a medical professional, but both my wife and I are highly educated.  She has an engineering degree and was going to go into PharmD so she's extremely good at math & science, and took a lot of physiology & anatomy/viral/chemistry courses, and she also has a minor in chemistry.  I majored in biochemical engineering, and took all sorts of advanced chemistry and physics courses in high school and college and was top 2% in the state of California in my exams, so I know my science more than most people.  We both are educated enough we can comprehend what the virus and vaccines are really doing.  We do not need to look at conspiracy videos and be "told" lies.  We can do mathematical equations to verify the truth.

Anyways, first shot, nothing for both of us other than a sore shoulder.  Second shot, my wife experienced muscle aches (as if she's been doing extreme exercise) for about 24 hours.  Second shot, I experienced minor chills on and off starting about 20+ hours after the second shot and lasted for about 12+ hours, without any fever.  That was it for the two of us.  We are slightly overweight, but not considered obese.  No other underlying issues other than I have pre-diabetes.

Anyways, just wanted to share.  Even if you experienced bad side effects, your loved ones may not.  Also, if you have not fully vaccinated, that's even more important for your loved ones to vaccinate, to PROTECT YOU!  The reason is that these vaccines were highly effective against the original variants, but this Delta variant is 2-3 times more infectious, so it breaks through both fully vaccinated AND previously infected people.  These vaccines are only about 50% effective at stopping infection, but is like 97% effective at preventing severe (hospitalized) COVID *AND* more importantly, death.

So, while it's understandable you are all afraid of getting the second shot (or getting one to begin with), the risk vs rewards is worth it for the majority of people. almost 97% right now in the hospital are unvaccinated, so without vaccination, you are close to 30x more likely to be hospitalized.  The math is simple:  97/(100-97) = ~32x

My father in law and mother in law (wife's parents) are deathly afraid of being vaccinated because they heard horror stories too, which is why I CHOSE to vaccinate, to protect them, and my kids.  My father in law was previously in the ICU, on ventilator (with a collapsed lung) *AND* on ECMO for THREE MONTHS (Nov, 2019 to Jan, 2020)!!!! right before the pandemic, so I know how heart breaking and the craziness he and family members have to go through when they're lying there unconscious, with breathing tubes and their blood being circulating on extreme life support on the ECMO machine. The only difference is we were able to visit him.  With COVID hospitalizations, your loved ones can't visit you.  You'll die alone.  That's why I took this pandemic seriously and warned everyone in January 2020 of the upcoming pandemic, but no one would listen.  I wear gloves to the store AND wear N95 masks all the time, even fully vaccinated, due to Delta.

So just so you understand, I will explain to you why Delta is so dangerous, and why you MUST, at all cost, protect yourselves and your loved ones.

The flu's R0 (measurement of how infectious a disease is) is 1-2.  That means when an infected flu person walks into a room full of people, 1-2 others get infected.  If 1 other person gets infected only, the virus never really exponentially grows, so the infections are constant, and only kept to a minimum.  If less than 1 person on average gets infected, the disease will eventually die off because the microbe eventually die off with the last infected person.  If more than 1 person gets infected, that's where you get a spread of the infection, exponentially.  That's why even a flu vaccine that's only 50% effective, taken by only some people, will control the flu's annual infection, because it reduces the R0 down near 1.

The first coronavirus variant's R0 was 2-3.  Vaccines would have triumphed because they were 95%+ effective.  So let's assume 70% of the population stopped watching conspiracy videos, rejecting math and science, and takes a vaccine that's 95% effective, that basically brings down the R0 from the max of 3 to around 1 (R0 max 3 * (1-(0.7*.95)), meaning we can control the pandemic.  But because people, many of whom failed basic math and science, believe misinformation and disinformation online and downplay and disrespect the virus, it spreads like wildfire during global warming.  The more people downplay and disrespect it, the faster the virus spreads.

But here's the problem: With EACH human body this virus infects, it creates billions of copies of itself, so if you have 700K people infected per day, that's 700K x 10 billion virions (virus particles) = 7 QUADRILLION TIMES the virus can mutate, PER DAY.  This is PER DAY folks.  It's a numbers game, a probabilities game.  That's why you have something VERY deadly like Ebola that kills at a very high rate, but not very infectious because it kills too fast, will die off with the dead host.  But when you have something VERY infectious, infects dozens of others, and THEN kills you, that is the disease you should fear!

Most mutations are not helpful to the virus so those virus particles die off and can't infect other people.  But some mutations give it the benefit of being able to easily infect others.  Those are the variants we hear of.

Enter Delta.  Delta's R0 is 6-7.  Delta appeared in India after the first variant of the coronavirus decimated that country.  Due to the sheer millions of people it infected, the probability of infected humans x billions of virus particles gave it the chance to mutate into Delta. Let's put this into perspective.  Here's the exponential growth of the flu vs the different coronavirus variants, in about a month's time:

FLU            
  Infected   R0 Total Infected  
  1  x 2  = 2    
  2  x 2  = 4    
  4  x 2  = 8    
  8  x 2  = 16    
  16  x 2  = 32    

FIRST variant of the coronavirus  
  1  x 3  = 3    
  3  x 3  = 9    
  9  x 3  = 27    
  27  x 3  = 81    
  81  x 3  = 243    

DELTA variant        
  1  x 7  = 7    
  7  x 7  = 49    
  49  x 7  = 343    
  343  x 7  = 2,401    
  2,401  x 7  = 16,807    

As you can see, Delta is one nasty variant.  And the flu is NOT worse!  The first variant of the coronavirus killed more people than 10 years of flu deaths, COMBINED!  That's why even with so many fully vaccinated people this summer, Delta's spread was FASTER than last winter's surge, because it's so freakishly infectious!!!  Fully vaccinated people knocked down the R0 of Delta about halfway down to around 3.5-4 or so.  But even then, it spread faster than the first variant back when NO ONE was vaccinated!

So while the vaccine prevents the majority of severe COVID and death, the ideal vaccine should be preventing infection as well, so the virus doesn't get the chance to create more mutants!  That's what the mask wearing and social distancing is all about, to lower infection rates, so we can control this pandemic.  But it's gotten too political and anti-science.  Like I said, people who failed basic math and science are fighting the expert mathematicians and scientists... unreal.  That's how you get yourself killed.

Guys, it's summer and a few states already have full ICU beds.  This winter is going to be dark and deadly.  It truly is the pandemic of the unvaccinated.  A lot more people will die.  Protect yourselves.  If you can't vaccinate, your loved ones should be vaccinating to protect you!

Recap:

1. Social distancing, masks, and vaccines lower the R0, thereby lowing infections, and reducing deaths (prevents doctors having to choose who lives or dies when they are overwhelmed).

2. Vaccines were great against the original coronavirus until Delta merged.  It sheds 1,000 TIMES more virus particles, so it breaks through fully vaccinated AND previously infected people.  Even if you are fully vaccinated, you are not 100% immune!!!  Protect yourselves and your loved ones by still wearing masks and social distancing!

3. Each human body the virus infects, unvaccinated, fully vaccinated, or previously infected, increases the probability of deadlier variants in the future!  Even if you don't die, you're contributing to future deaths, and future variants that can then come around and kill you and your loved ones!  Don't be that clown who says "well, I didn't die so it must be OK".  That's enabling this pandemic to continue forever!

4. Each person's body is different so some people will experience side effects from the vaccines.  Most won't.  If you can't take the vaccine, or if someone you know can't take it, or won't take it, it's even more important the people who CAN take them, do, in order to protect everyone!

Spread the knowledge and facts, and don't spread mis/dis information, because disrespecting the virus means it'll only spread faster.  The virus loves ignorant people who spread it around.  God bless, and stay safe!

ReplyQuote
(@billybob)

@stepheneire 

Check your blood sugar.  I know you said symptoms started after taking the vaccine, but it could be coincidence, or the vaccine could have exacerbated and brought out an existing issue.  When I started having pre-diabetes, I started having vision problems too, along with exhaustion. I normally wear glasses, but when wearing glasses, I actually saw worse than not wearing glasses.  Also, I couldn't see close distance (2-3 feet) with glasses.  Apparently high blood sugar will mess with your eye fluid levels, causing distortions.  Once I controlled my diet and got rid of sugary drinks, my eye sight returned to normal.

ReplyQuote
(@billybob)

@macey 

My mom is in her late 60s.  She had EXACT same symptoms a few years ago.  It turned out to be mini strokes.  While it's possible the vaccines may have caused some sort of blood clot, and thus mini strokes, it's really the J&J that's known for that, and, usually you'd think it would only happen shortly and not multiple times thereafter.  I honestly think it was just coincidence and those are just mini strokes that happened shortly after taking the vaccine.  Usually you'll get side effects days after, not weeks after like that.  Imagine billions of people taking the vaccines, there WILL be coincidences where you develop something unrelated around the same time and you assume automatically its the vaccine, when it's not.  Take care of yourself please.  I know very well because I have to take care of my mom too.

ReplyQuote
(@billybob)

Posted by: @revill7

I am hoping someone can relate to my experience thus far.

in January I tested positive for covid 19.

First I felt flu like for a couple of days but was mostly fine. A few days later I started to get awful migraines throbbing in my temples a long with dizziness and brain fog.

I do suffer with bouts of vertigo from time to time normally and have issues with my sinuses.

Fast forward to last Friday- I had my first Pfizer vaccine. Nothing more than an achey arm.

A few days later I started to get the dizziness again and now have developed the throbbing in the right side of my head and seem to be having Positional vertigo and feeling more off balance.

Does this sound familiar. I am currently so upset that I had the vaccine. Had I have known any of this was a possibility to come back I never would have gotten it any have already decided I will not be getting my second dose 

Don't be upset.  That's still better than dying or being hospitalized in the ICU for COVID, especially the Delta variant.  It's possible your body is reacting to the vaccine thinking it's the virus and hopefully that's a short term issue.  Technically, since you had COVID, taking 1 shot of any COVID vaccine will increase your antibodies big time, so you should be OK without taking the second shot.  However, immunity wanes over time, for both fully vaccinated AND previously infected, so in 9-12 months, you'll probably need another booster shot.

ReplyQuote
(@billybob)

For those suffering vertigo, one person posted on another forum saying this.  Obviously, I don't know if it's just anecdote and maybe just timing of 1+ month resolved it all, but FYI.  Hope you all feel better!  Please come back and let us all know if and when the symptoms stopped!

"Just a follow up. I finally got relief from vertigo and dizziness after 1 month and I day after my 2nd covid pfizer shot. I tried chiropractic, epley maneuver, vitamin c morning and night and I then tried an antihistamine (Benadryl) on this past tusday and within 21/2 hours I felt so much better. Just thought I should post a follow up in case it may help someone else. I just hope the vertigo and dizziness doesn’t return ."

ReplyQuote
(@recee)

No i am still wondering when mines will go away.

ReplyQuote
 Jen
(@turnbacktime)

@rachel Is that right? I thought they confirmed it wasn’t? 
https://health-desk.org/articles/how-do-we-know-graphene-oxide-isn-t-used-in-covid-19-mrna-vaccines

ReplyQuote
(@rachel)

Hi,

All I know is that I've done my own research.   I am taking glutathione to help with how I'm feeling.  I hope the vaccine doesn't have graphene oxide.  I've had my second phizzer shot.  

Rachel 

ReplyQuote
(@andym)

Has anyone gone back to drinking alcohol? Not a whole lot but a drink every now and then? It’s hard to quit social drinking haha. Either way, I think avoiding it is better but if I’m gonna suffer I’d at least like a drink to go with it.

ReplyQuote
(@owaiskhan)

@larag I had some muscle twitches about 3 weeks after I got vaccinated which increased in frequency and strength till week 6 where I would have twitches in muscles which I didn't know could twitch like in my back close to my spine. I also had some very visible chest flutters esp If I sat down and hunched over as well. I would get them b/w my thumb and index finger and also in my calves esp if I walked too much. My dr prescribed me some muscle relaxant+analgesic although by week 8, my twitches had reduced substantially even before medication so I don't know if it was the drug or just time that fixed the twitches.

ReplyQuote
(@nickyv)

UPDATE since Pfizer (2nd shot)  April 22nd...After 18 weeks (a little over 4 months), I'm finally starting to feel completely normal. I've been reading this forum since beginning of May but didn't want to post until I was feeling better. The only thing that helped me get through this was Meclazine (anti-vert) prescribed by ENT. It didn't cure it but it allowed me to drive, function in everyday activities and even play tennis. I've tried all the supplements that were suggested here and then some...but nothing worked. I had extreme dizziness (w/no previous history of) accompanied by nausea, left ear pressure, left eye pressure, brain fog, extreme fatigue. Always feeling like my head was loose, like dangling from my body. This last month everything subsided except for constant waves of dizziness. But the meclazine helped tremendously. I only took 1/2 a pill a day as soon as I started feeling it which was always like an hour after I woke up. I finally stopped taking meclazine 10 days ago and decided to go cold turkey and just deal with it naturally. So I started laying down for 10 min at a time everytime it was too much to handle. I am doing almost everything I was doing before, but being careful not to over do it. I'm playing tennis about 5 days a week. I'll admit, it's not completely over. I still have waves and lurkiness but I can live with that for now. So with all the doctor's visits and supplements and healthy eating, anti inflammatories, allergy meds, etc.... nothing helped. I haven't taken anything (besides meclazine) the last 2 months and I am  95% better. My guess is 2 more weeks and I think I will be 100%. The only theory I have is After I play tennis I always feel so much better the rest of the day. Maybe it's from the sweating? IDK. So my advice to everyone suffering from the dizziness, get the meclazine and wean yourself to a half a pill everyday. According to doctors and pharmacists I have spoken to about it, they all said it is completely safe to take everyday. It was my lifesaver. But as far as it going away...nothing. Just time. At least for me. Before vaccine, I was 100% healthy. Never got sick, never had vertigo or any other vestibular issues, I have zero health issues. I'm in great shape, worked out 5 days a week, played tennis 6-7 days a week. Never had the flu. No allergies. So this was a total shock! I thank this Forum for helping me to feel like I wasn't alone. It gave me hope that I wasn't "dying". I will write back as soon as I am 100% myself again!

This post was modified 3 years ago by NickyV

Covid vaccine side effects, ukuk, Ero and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tanya)

@tennyson77 I’m reading up on all these symptoms and wondering why it’s not being out out there as longer term side effects. I had extreme dizziness and nausea up to 3 weeks after first Pfizer shot and migraines and then I felt a bit better but then had my second shot and it all came back again and two weeks later I am still feeling dizziness from mild to extreme day to day. It comes and goes sometimes lasts a long time for most the day and other times milder for a few hours but every time I exert myself it seems to feel more intense and my heart feels like it’s beating faster and working harder. Migraines have been so intense the pain is unbearable. Right now I’m lying in bed as  i feel real dizzy but so far I have been able to go shopping this morning although felt off and work last week but the intensity is so strange and irregular. 

i can’t exercise at all. It makes me feel weird in the head like too much pressure. I feel buzzing sensations and went to the dr who ordered urgent blood tests yesterday and haven’t gotten the results yet. She suspects it’s from the jab and says more and more people are presenting with long term dizziness. 

if it doesn’t go away in two weeks she will have me get more tests done. ECG was fine so far and mg blood pressure yesterday was normal.

I am relieved other people have similar symptoms in a way I don’t feel as anxious about it but I’m also wondering does this mean it will go away; is it forever or is it life threatening. It’s certainly not fun especially because I live in Queensland, Australia and so far we have 1 active case in our State but I was pushed to get it. I would have preferred waiting until I was in more danger of getting the virus. So far I can’t really enjoy life or do my normal activities. 

im glad everyone is sharing their experience so that hopefully the next vaccination might not be so severe for side effects. 

(@tanya)

@stargazer57 I have very similar symptoms and am two weeks after my second shot. I wonder if nothing is showing up tests is this a sign it might not be permanent 

ReplyQuote
(@chulapepe)

Has anyone tried Quercertin? Seems like spike protein can trigger cell signalling which can cause circulation and lung damage. Quercertin has been proven by multiple studies to reverse arterial/lung /endothelial damage. Nobody knows how it works just that is does. I think a strict regime for Quercertin with some breaks might help repair a lot of the damage done by spike proteins. 

ReplyQuote
Page 494 / 1151