Clear all

Covid-19 Vaccine side effects

17.3 K Posts
2261 Users
40191 Likes
2 M Views
 ukuk
(@ukuk)

@hopetofeelbetter Hi - I took it for 4 weeks and haven’t taken it since. I think it did ease my symptoms but it’s hard to say if I was just naturally getting better or if it was because of the omeprazole. 

LadyT and LadyT reacted
ReplyQuote
(@heatherxxo)

Posted by: @nick

@heatherxxo 

I made my mistake on 8/23 and have felt bad since 8/24 with only a few days of respite since.

(insert obligatory I’m not a doctor here) – I wanted to say also though Heather, that your symptoms of backpain x4 weeks and blood in your urine are also consistent with a UTI or bladder/kindey infection. It may be something that can get cleared up with a course of antibiotics! Don’t feel foolish if it is, a week ago I woke up with extreme pain in my hip and my first thought was oh Lord I’ve developed arthritis. It wasn’t, I just threw my hip out somehow- probably from all the sitting around lol.

Before I go, I wanted to offer some words of encouragement. I was speaking to a friend of mine earlier about the toll this has taken on my mental state. I reminded myself during our conversation of several things that have offered me encouragement in the past during hard times and thought I might share them in case they help others also.

First, 2 Timothy 1:7 “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound mind”.

This is God’s telling us to ignore all that negative self-talk and fear and instead focus on what is good.

Secondly, this is from the genius science fiction writer Frank Herbert’s book Dune. Its called the litany against fear.

“I must not fear.

Fear is the mind-killer.

Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration

I will face my fear.

I will permit it to pass over me and through me.

And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path.

Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.

Only I will remain.”

Finally, courage isnt the absence of fear, its going on in spite of it.

I’ve faced fear of real death many times in my life, racing motorcycles, running into burning buildings ect. That being said, this experience has shaken me. But it has also been a blessing. This has brought me closer to God. It has given me deep compassion for those suffering with chronic illness. I also see now what is important to me with a clarity I’ve never had. When I am better, I intend to act on that clarity- I may not wait that long! There is a fabulous scene in V for Vendetta (great movie if you haven’t seen it), its when Natalie Portman’s character is in prison, she’s been tortured for information about her friends and even when she’s facing certain death, she refuses to give up her friend. In the process she becomes liberated from her fear of death and reborn into a new person. You can watch the scenes on youtube just search for “V for Vendetta Valerie’s letter” (right before she gets out), and “V for Vendetta Evey reborn” (right after she gets out)- it’s a powerful scene.

A friend of mine once said long ago, “when you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change”. I am trying to reconcile the reality that I am not who I was 2 months ago before I took this shot. That doesn’t mean I won’t be again – In fact I intend to fully recover. However, I am realizing a lot of my grief is mourning the life I had 2 months ago, instead of trying to live as well as I can now. Even a few months ago we all had problems, maybe not these problems, but our lives had issues. We adapted, we overcame, and we found joy where we could. We can still smile; we can still laugh- we aren’t dead yet! In the words of Andy Dufrane from Shawshank Redemption “I guess it comes down to a simple choice really, get busy living or get busy dying”. Which is what he said right before he crawled through a tunnel of crap (literally). We’re each gonna have our own tunnel of crap to crawl through. Some may be longer than others, but at the end is freedom and rebirth. We’re gonna need a bath at the end but we're make it!

Love this 😍 thank you for your encouragement. Turns out I have a benign cyst on my left kidney at least it's nothing serious just needs monitoring so I can let that go! You're right I have much more empathy now than I have ever for people who suffer chronic life long illnesses and pain,will never take my health for granted again this has been so frightning. I had mine around the same time as you the 20th was due my second yesterday but didn't have it-not a prayer! 

How are you feeling today? have you been to your docs for a check up at all through your journey? ❤️

Jolie Molie, Covid vaccine, Jolie Molie and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@yoki)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @hopetofeelbetter

@yoki were the antihistamines effective after the first jab? You said tou had symptoms for 6 months what helped you get better. Did you have digestive issues?

NSAIDs, Flonase, liposomal glutathione, zinc, quercetin helped me. I only started the antihistamines recently. Quercetin gave me stomach issues. No digestive issues from vaccine.

LadyT and LadyT reacted
ReplyQuote
(@oneill99)

@clrohe40 I’m in the uk, had my second jab a few months ago, exactly the same feeling and almost passed out driving the car and when I got home last week.

went to the doctors and they found an infection in my lung, every day around 3 pm I start ti feel the same as you.

sick feeling, like my blood sugar is out and very floaty.

I’ve had the phizer vaccine, I’m 50 but I had covid symptoms in 2019 when it supposedly wasn’t around. 

ReplyQuote
(@hopetofeelbetter)
Very Active Member

@psargie ok makes sense. I was taking it for 2 days but had to stop in order to test for h pylori. My digestive issues are really bad and trigger the dizziness. I can barely eat. Im hoping to get answers soon. Im 4 weeks since my vax. 

ReplyQuote
(@hopetofeelbetter)
Very Active Member

@yoki ok im doing all but the Nsaids since my stomach is already messed up. Thank you for replying. 

ReplyQuote
(@yoki)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @kenny

@yoki thank you for sharing! And do let us know how it goes 😉 just out of curiosity, did your doctor say anything about vaccine effectiveness after using all these anti inflammatory drugs? Will it still be the same protection? Hope all will be great for you after this 2nd jab! 

Good question! Neither he nor my physician brother expressed concerns about the vaccine effectiveness. For me, it was about minimizing potential injury from the vaccine. It did say in the paperwork i filled out if I was on prednisone or similar steroids. But it didnt say anything about not getting the shot if that was the case.That said, people who are on long term dosing of steroids (rheumatoid arthritis for example), are still encouraged to get vaccinated. I'm sure I at least have some level of protection.

Kenny920 and Kenny920 reacted
ReplyQuote
 ukuk
(@ukuk)

@hopetofeelbetter Sorry to hear. I could barely eat from around 2 weeks after my shot and that lasted for about 3 weeks. I had severe nausea, burping and dizziness too. I took Stemetil for the nausea which helped. My GP wasn’t great and I only got tested for H Pylori at a later stage and that came back negative.  I did have a gastroscopy lined up but I cancelled it as my stomach issues seem to be fully resolved (unlike other things). Hope you feel better soon, it will pass! 

LadyT and LadyT reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kenny)

Just did some blood test. Seems like there is indeed some inflammation in my body. Elevated ESR and IgA Serum. Would have to wait for doctor to interpret more. Hope all will be good!

ReplyQuote
(@pfizervictim)
Very Active Member

@hopetofeelbetter some of the symptoms have become less severe after almost 4 months, but still not fully recovered and able to live my life like I did pre vax. 

Heatherxxo, LadyT, Jolie Molie and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@hopetofeelbetter)
Very Active Member

@pfizervictim well we are all on this road together I hope everyday you make improvements towards pre vax normalcy.

ReplyQuote
(@larag)
Very Active Member

@kenny hey Kenny. I also have elevated levels of Iga which shows inflammation but my Dr said it was non specific and didn't seem to concerned. Just said it would reduce over time with no follow up!! I'm pushing for more tests but not looking likely. Please can you keep me posted on your follow up results. It would be interesting to hear!

ReplyQuote
(@carym23)
Very Active Member

@cherry101 same symptoms as you except no issues with my ears. I also have tingling/vibration in/on my head if I lay flat with only 1 pillow or right before I have a bout of blurred and distorted vision and dizziness. What helps me is sleeping at a 30 degree angle and spacing out my activities to allow breaks in between. I got the Pfizer vax 4/29 had a swollen area around eyes on 5/7, horrible headache 5/9 and dizziness, tingling, distorted vision and brain fog started on 5/11. Symptoms now only flare up when I’m very active or sleep w one pillow. Thankfully, they are less frequent, less intense and last last time than a couple of months ago. 

My head fullness/ heavy head is relieved by Sudafed. Ibuprofen is also helpful. I find once that’s better my vision improves. 

Seen my GP, Neuro and ENT. MRI was normal. Neuro and ENT both think it’s an inflammatory reaction to  vaccine. None of the MDs felt comfortable recommending the second shot.

Hope this helps.

Dee, PfizerVictim, Dee and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Nick
(@nick)

@heatherxxo 

I am glad to hear your kidneys are fine! That is good news, One less thing. I was due for my second a month ago, as much as it would help my work/economic situation there is no way I can do it. I still struggle daily with the one I had. This week has been a tough one. Last Friday-Monday I was elated, I was basically normal. I have no idea why but I woke up Friday morning and had no symptoms for 4 days. Tuesday though, I woke up and the dizziness, fatigue, intermittent neuropathy, and random anxiety had returned.

It is very difficult to be patient with this process. I have to remind myself I am not even 2 months in and have already seen some improvements. I struggle to keep my mind from obsessing over this illness, wondering if its some kind of permanent auto immune issue like MCAS (mast cell activation syndrome). But then I see stories of people recovering in time without any meds or relapses even with heavy exercise and that just doesnt fit MCAS. I do seem to have some intermittent GI issues (seem to be directly related to the amount of turmeric I take), I consider the dizziness and neuropathy in my extremities to be a neurological issue. If the other issues are not related then MCAS is unlikely as it is a multi system problem.

Whatever this disease is, Im convinced it has a similar or the same mechanism as long covid. Its crazy to read long hauler forums, except for the origin the symptoms are exactly the same. The pattern of healing is also the same, sick, a little better, relapse, repeat- with most getting better in 4-8 months although some of them took almost 15 months to fully recover. It drives me nuts not knowing why though. Its like having a piece of popcorn stuck in my teeth and I cant leave it alone. 

I have several appointments lined up with various physicians, I'm not really expecting to get any answers though. So far my doctors are nice and believe me, but they have no idea what to do about any of it. They literally ask me what we should do to treat it- could be worse I guess. Ive been debating if I want to try some fluvoxamine, or a steroid taper. Just in case it does turn out to be some difficult to shut down inflammatory feedback loop. It is hard to know if either will do much of anything at this point, but I doubt they would hurt. Ive also seen at least 2 people say they saw an improvement after giving blood- those people had cardiac issues though. Makes me wonder if there is some kind of circulating garbage floating around in our blood that we just dont get rid of as easily as some.

LH recovery is such a bizarre process. I saw this on another forum thought ya'll might like it.

ReplyQuote
(@yoki)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @kenny

I am wondering if taking the jab on the right hand is better and reduces strong side effect? I took on my left hand and it seems like more pains are on the left side of body. Not sure if it is coincidence. Anyone has good information on side effects regarding mixing vaccine (mRNA + non mRNA)? Thank you!!

If you're in the States, they won't let you mix vaccines 🤨 it's not protocol. I tried getting the J and J after my first shot of Pfizer but since they had a record of me getting the Pfizer, that is all that was offered. 

ReplyQuote
Page 636 / 1151