Notifications
Clear all

Covid-19 Vaccine side effects

17.3 K Posts
2261 Users
40191 Likes
2 M Views
(@jaydev55)

@gloriam that's great news Gloria. So happy for you. Were the headaches the last thing you were suffering from?  

KitKat and KitKat reacted
ReplyQuote
(@marieski858)
Very Active Member

@medee Well for me the worst symptom was anxiety which I’ve never had before and the medications they prescribed all had anxiety as a side effect so that’s the main reason I didn’t want to take any of them. I would rather help heal my body and give it what it needs with food as medicine and supplements rather than just mask my symptoms with medication with harsh side effects…plus big pharma is how we got into the mess I didn’t want to give them a penny more and take their crap drugs! 

All tests ruled out nothing, heart monitor and ekg had a few off beats but they could've been anxiety related, my blood pressure and cholesterol are high (I’m not overweight and eat healthy and exercise) all blood work was normal but they don’t run the correct blood work like amino acids and vitamins (they only run like 8 vitamins, the body utilizes like over 40 plus!), it’s insane. so I believe they were vaccine related also…crazy…

Didn’t test for inflammation because I think we all already know and feel we’re inflamed, they’d just prescribe steroids or some other med that I wouldn’t want to take…I’m feeling much better now so I think time patience and diet are the needed, it sucked though big time…everyone just needs to do what they need to get through it, healing for all!

Dee, Sassafras, Rainyday and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@gloriam)
Very Active Member

@jaydev55 

No. dizziness and nausea too. But both have been better the last couple of days. So hopefully on the mend. Thanks. 

ReplyQuote
(@tedqr)

Hello everyone, 

This website has been an enormously helpful resource to me, so thanks to each of you for your participation, diligence, and compassion. I have tried to read as much as possible on this forum, so please excuse me if I have missed this information somewhere but I am particularly interested in folks who sought help from neurologists months and months ago, and if they have gone back for follow-up testing (months later) and if they learned anything new. I guess I'm just wondering how some of your neurologists absolutgely ruled out something like MS, which could be slow-forming, since these effects appear to mimic that condition (though I guess any ailment will inevitably link to MS if you use the anxiety-inducing power of Google). 

I have experienced the pins & needles in my hands/forearms/feet, but they've sorta subsided and given way to a strange feeling in my right cheek that comes and goes—not numbness or pins/needles, more like my cheek is swollen (but it doesn't look swollen?). These issues, coupled with a rapid heart rate, sent me to the ER. They performed an EKG & chest x-ray at the time and found nothing remarkable. But, subsequent tests revealed that I have hypothyroidism... have to follow up with an Endo. Does anyone else with similar symptoms have this condition? I'm not sure if any or all of these symptoms can be chalked up to that but I'd be interested to hear if any of you found abnormal TSH levels after the onset of your symptoms. I've also been experiencing cramping, joint pain, and sinus pressure (especially behind my nose).

Anyway, I've been a nervous wreck over all of this and am trying to remain positive but it's tough. I'm going to see a neurologist next week—which has me particularly scared, but I want to be prepared with the right questions. 

Thank you again, all my best to each of you,
T

ReplyQuote
(@questions10)

@alcha123 

I was not an antivaxxer, either but I have had side effects, including tinnitus exactly one day after receiving the covid 19 vaccine. I'm a well educated person and I believe in science, however I feel shunned by many of my  "woke" friends that seem to have zero tolerance around questioning the vaccine. The vaccine is simply not "safe and effective" for everyone. I'm concerned about the long-term health problems. I run 4 miles 3 days a week, vegan, 125 lbs and 5 feet 5 inches, Early 40s and no preexisting conditions. I was on a forum that was shut down on FB also. We were simply sharing our stories about side effects, not promoting misinformation.

This post was modified 2 years ago by Charlotte

ReplyQuote
(@simplicity2378)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @marieski858

@medee Well for me the worst symptom was anxiety which I’ve never had before and the medications they prescribed all had anxiety as a side effect so that’s the main reason I didn’t want to take any of them. I would rather help heal my body and give it what it needs with food as medicine and supplements rather than just mask my symptoms with medication with harsh side effects…plus big pharma is how we got into the mess I didn’t want to give them a penny more and take their crap drugs! 

All tests ruled out nothing, heart monitor and ekg had a few off beats but they could've been anxiety related, my blood pressure and cholesterol are high (I’m not overweight and eat healthy and exercise) all blood work was normal but they don’t run the correct blood work like amino acids and vitamins (they only run like 8 vitamins, the body utilizes like over 40 plus!), it’s insane. so I believe they were vaccine related also…crazy…

Didn’t test for inflammation because I think we all already know and feel we’re inflamed, they’d just prescribe steroids or some other med that I wouldn’t want to take…I’m feeling much better now so I think time patience and diet are the needed, it sucked though big time…everyone just needs to do what they need to get through it, healing for all!

How long did it take for you to feel better? 

Dee and Dee reacted
ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

Posted by: @medee
Posted by: @thenystagmus

Hi Dee,  Read your post this morning... been thinking about it since. Thankfully, I've been feeling good enough to be diving back into keeping pretty busy.

My symptoms were primarily vestibular with enough others thrown in for a really good scare! Like many others here, I had a number of tests, some expensive, to rule out the beginnings of diseases that I definitely didn't want to be diagnosed with, but feared I deserved to.

I was reading on another site tonight and someone remarked that their doctor said their condition was regressive, rather than progressive. Whatever went wonky for us, I've thought for a long time that our damage mimics many chronic conditions, but here we are with a lot of us having intermittent regression of our symptoms and some of us having that eventually culminate in an increasing degree of recovery. Will we all totally recover? I'm sorry, I dunno ...and I don't think anyone does! But I think it's healthy for us to hope for recovery and remind each other that many of us have had numerous relapses. And consternating as they are, they don't seem to be the last word. I read accounts here of others that have had reactions to other vaccines and medications that continued to experience recovery for years. So, since I'm not 100% recovered after 8+ months, I'm still hoping for more for myself. 

I did correct my vitamin D deficiency, continue that supplementation, and started taking vitamin C and a low dose of ibuprofen, which I've also continued. I also did 2 short low dose steroid treatments (Medrol pak) about a month apart earlier on when my symptoms were at their heights. But I believe 3.5 months of vestibular therapy was what got me from a plateau that I was relapsing from to 90+% recovered today.

I've also seen how I've encountered many levels of new normals over the years in many areas. To name a few, AIDS brought about universal precautions. I was going to school and working as a respiratory therapist at the time and I saw a lot of changes come about for personal protective equipment. If you can believe it, before then I don't think dentists even wore gloves! Then 9/11 happened and security barriers sprang up at airports, you had to show a crazy amount of ID to open a bank account and we started having to go through metal detectors in federal buildings. All of these, more or less, are things we've accepted as new normals. Now we've been going through this pandemic that's brought about a lot of changes, some of which may remain as new normals.

As I've moved from being incapacitated by this beastie, to regaining more and more normalcy in my life once again, I've accepted some of my continued damage as a possible personal new normal. But I don't want this beastie to win. I don't want to give a shred more of my life over to it than I absolutely have to!So... I'm happy to say I hope our conditions are regressive, not progressive. And as time goes on, I have hope that our beasties will regress more and more into a corner where we're affected by them less and less and even eventually think about them only slightly.

I've unwillingly given up this spring, summer and part of autumn to this battle. And there were many days that the best I could do was to creep from my bed to my couch and to the kitchen a couple of times. I did a lot of research and sharing (and venting) here during those long hard days. I can make some concessions to bearing some aftereffects, but I want to come out on top of this, and stay there! And I want everyone here to also! 😏🙏

I don't know whatbis scary - something coming up in the reports or our reports coming back to normal but the symptoms remain. 

How is nothing showing up in the reports. What kind of ghostly issues are we experiencing? 

I read aboit FND the other day. Functional Neurological Disorder in which the reports don't show anything and not many Neuros are aware of how to treat this condition and there is less research on this. So most doctors will put it on the patient saying its all in your head.

I somehow assume we have been affected by this. And I don't know how to live my life with so many things happening to me at the same time. I am going to see a Neuro but I don't know if that'll be helful or not. Will I get cured or I will be laughed at for saying I am suffering post the vax.

I feel like ending all of this for once at times. Sometimes I feel this is not me and I can't just giveup on life. I have never wanted to live so much as much as I want it now. If God appears is fromt of me as grants me one wish, I just ask for giving me back my healthy body as it was before getting injected with this substance.

While life is not all merry and we cannot determine what's coming next for us. I know, I do not deserve to live like this nor die such a painful death.

I have been to a doctor and an ENT and both denied in their own way that it can't be the vax. Yeah, I am crazy! I am making it all up. Its difficult to listen to all of this while you're already the one suffering.

I'll share what my Neuro has to say once I visit. There are days I feel everything's fine and then it all comes down by the evening. Night time is the most difficult one. 

I am certain this all is FND and that's why nothing is showing up in our reports. I suggest you all to read about it and maybe ask your Neurologists if it is the case. 

I still hope we're not suffering from anything at all and all of this subsides with time on its own and never ever comes back but, seeing everyone's comments who've been here for almost 6-8 months and still no improvements, I don't know what to say. 

For me, its just been a month now. And I already can't take it. I don't know if I'd want to live such a life for long. I just can't imagine it. It's already driving me crazy!

I think the medical professionals really don't know what to make of our lack of diagnostically conclusive results, and don't really have a clue what to look for. Even when they so find something askew, it seems like a lot of us head toward more normal results if they do retests later. I believe our bodies are designed to fight to recover from this insult and it takes varying amounts of time for them to regroup and come out winning.

I think the only way to cope with all this is by looking at it kind of like we've got a terribly creative unpredictable dance partner to deal with! No, it's not us ...but we've got to deal with its missteps and try to realize it's likely to eventually get easier to live with, and maybe it will eventually go away, largely at the least.

I got to where I realized I couldn't afford to be so thrown off by those in the medical professions that couldn't associate what I was going through with my vaccination. Seems they can't afford to believe that -- but I can't afford not to. So. I was advised to see a neurotologist (neurologist/otologist combo doc), but my HMO insurance didn't have one in-network and refused to pay out-of-network. And I couldn't find any neurologist that dealt with vestibular issues. Then I started getting better and decided to ride it out without anymore doctor appointments, especially since my ENT was talking about trying to help me by carving out my sinuses! No thank you!!

So, one day at a time, I put one foot in front of the other, rinse and repeat... No one can predict how long our courses with this business will be ... longer or shorter... But I found out a long time ago that if I try to live a lot of future days, it stymies me. So, today I do what I can and try to wring all the goodness out of each day that I can. And I hope you will too! Godblessings on us all! 😏🙏

This post was modified 2 years ago by Sassafras

gingerj, Dee, Tabby and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@gloriam)
Very Active Member

Amen. May we all heal. 

gingerj, Tabby, Sassafras and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ohjason)

I've been in a bad relapse since I've taken that aspirin. I just want this shit to end man....

KitKat, LorraineB, KitKat and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@marieski858)
Very Active Member

@simplicity2378 The first 2 months I was pretty much out of commission, when I changed my diet and cut out all inflammatory foods I felt an immediate difference. I started to really turn the corner towards the end of the third month (vaxxed on 7/17, symptoms started about mid August)

Im almost at 4 months now and not completely back to normal, still have some tingly sensations on occasion but energy is markedly different than the last few months

I used good food as medicine, eating every 2-3 hours to get my metabolism and blood sugar regulated, avoiding sugar, simple carbs and alcohol! It’s worth it 🙂

Drinking green tea, raw milk, raw yogurt, drink mineral water, add turmeric to tea and soups, Golden milk (the whole journey.com),every night, ginger and lemon water, lots of veggies, fruit, good quality protein and starchy and fresh veggies and pink Himalayan salt! 

Also started reading “The Mineral Fix”, amazing information for us. Im sure we’re deficient in minerals which are necessary for our bodies to recover so thinking of getting a lab test from Questlabs or Labcorp to find out what’s really going on…then can supplement or eat the right foods accordingly!

Hope this helps!

Chelsun, gingerj, KitKat and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@swtammie78)

@lmkk This is me with coffee! I still drink it, but I always ask myself if it's worth feeling like crap for the next few hours. The answer lately is often "yes"! 😋

Tabby, KitKat, Gloria M and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@nawpan)

Posted by: @lmkk
Posted by: @nawpan

Hi, I have been posting some questions here and there but today I went to see my doctor and I got a diagnostic (kind of) so I'd like to share what my symptoms are after the first short of Pfizer and what the doctor said.

May 21 - Pfizer shot, has some itchiness all over body but subsided after an hour or two, then pain in the injection site for 2 days.  Four days later I started to develop a headache that lasted for 3 days.  From Day 6 to today this is what I'm having. 

- Numbness/tingling/vibrations are on both legs and feet (worse when I got up from sitting).  Sometimes after I just woke up.

- Numbness on my fingers (more left hand) and sometimes hands, and (rarely) forearms.

- My legs (thighs) feel burn and tired after walking up stairs (basement to main floor).

- Dizziness (start about Day 10), more like disequilibrium to the right side especially when sitting down working or playing piano.   

- left eye twitching

- I used to have a lot of pin and needles and now it's subsided.

Finally got to see my doctor in person today (had a phone call before and he was not worried).  He said the result of my blood work is great.  He did some physical testing and he thinks I have carpal tunnel syndrome on my left hand and slightly on my right.  Which I kind of agreed on that.  The strength of my legs feet hands arms are fine. However, when he tested dragging his finger under my feet, he knew something was not right on my right foot.  He think it has something to do with spinal cord or brain (this totally scared me).  So he refers me to a neurologist to have EMG test and he wants me to have CT scan for my brain (because of dizziness).  He's also confused why I got hyperreflexic on right foot when most of my symptoms are on left side.  He called "odd neurological symptoms to bilat legs, right clonus?  hyperreflexic?"

So I guess it's not all from anxiety like many people trying to tell me.  I was very healthy before and have no major health issue. I'm stress about what's happening and I'm glad to find this site.  I'm taking Vit D, C, and B-12.  Today I start taking Liposomal Glutathione and Quercetin (as some members have success in treating their dizziness).  I hope it will help with any inflammation (I hope it's temporary inflamed and will go away with time), fingers crossed.

Hi there. Just was curious how you are getting on? As you haven't posted anything Inna while Im hoping that means you are now recovered. Just wondering if all your symptoms particularly the buzzing, dizziness and pins and needles finally went away completely? Reading your post your symptoms are so much like mine. I'm nearly 3 months out from my first Pfizer vaccine. Symptoms are very very gradually easing off.

Hi there

Sorry for the late reply, no I still have buzzing sensation (not much of pin and needles anymore). However, I still have this internal vibration (similar to buzzing but stronger) that I feel mostly when laying down.  I have had this in the last few months after original symptoms gone. I went to EMG, MRI and everything came back normal except some wear and tear (normal for aging) but no sign of nerve compression.  So basically my doctor and neurologist don’t know why I still have these symptoms.

KitKat, Quail444, KitKat and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@nawpan)

@abeni117 

It’s been almost 6 months and I still having it.

ReplyQuote
(@sepah)

@yoki1964

I was wondering how your tinnitus developed over the months, as it is currently by far my most troubling symptom.
If possible, could you also elaborate a bit to me regarding the tinnitus you experienced? was it 24/7? could you hear it even outside of when showering?

Thank you

ReplyQuote
(@rainyday)
Very Active Member

Has anyone experienced debilitating fatigue and weakness along with their other symptoms? Since Thursday (the 11th), I have been so weak and exhausted. It's to the point I can barely get up for more than a couple of minutes. 

It's been six weeks since my second dose of Moderna and five weeks since the onset of symptoms. When will this ever end? 

GBazos, jacquelyn sauriol, KitKat and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 725 / 1151