Clear all

Covid-19 Vaccine side effects

17.3 K Posts
2261 Users
40191 Likes
2 M Views
(@tennyson77)
Very Active Member

@pfizervictim I don't know, but 50 is considered a negative test, i.e. you don't have antibodies..  So I'd probably hit that in six months more, but every month it'll go down.

DrL, Dee, Rainyday and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@nath7)
Very Active Member

Anyone else had a flare up over Christmas after having a good month? Just caught a virus/flu as I’m blowing out dark green phlegm . Seems like it has caused me to relapse anyone else had similar sort of thing after having a cold or virus? 

KitKat and KitKat reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jkro)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @tennyson77

@jkro I've had a 9 day run of high dose steroids (90/90/90/60/60/60/30/30/30) at the beginning of October.  My symptoms almost all went away during the steroids, but as soon as I stopped them the symptoms slowly returned over a week.  So I definitely think it's inflammatory or immune system related, whatever is going on, since the steroids stopped.  I may try another run of steroids again soon, since I have pills left, just to see if it works any better 3 months after the initial run of steroids.

The good news is within two days of taking the steroids I feel almost back to my old self, even if it doesn't last.  That at least makes me feel better knowing it's not brain damage or something permanent, since the steroids make it go away rather quickly.

I’m talking IV steroids high dose. Of course that would have to be ordered by a doctor so talk with your doc if you feel you may want to look into it. I currently am having trouble with my body temp. I have been running a low grade temp the entire time after the shot but now it has gone up to 100.9 today…..no symptoms of illness. I don’t think I am sick. 

ReplyQuote
(@marieski858)
Very Active Member

I read this rather fascinating paper the other day which was trying to explain the symptoms in long haul COVID for people who have had COVID19, and also the vaccine.

The author proposes that the body is waging an immune response against the antibodies themselves.  Basically the vaccine causes you to make antibodies to stop the spike protein.  Often these anti-bodies have a mirror image of the original antigen (problem).  That's what they measure now when they look at COVID19 antibodies in the blood of vaccinated people.  These are called Ab1 antibodies.

Apparently since there are now a lot of Ab1 antibodies, and the body wants to get rid of those over time, it stages another immune attack against the antibodies themselves.  These antibodies are known as Ab2 antibodies.  They are antibodies against the COVID19 antibodies.  Since they are a mirror image in many ways of the Ab1 antibodies, they are a mirror of a mirror, so they often have features that resemble the original antigen, i.e. the spike protein.  So these Ab2 antibodies are going around the body and attacking cells as if they were COVID19, since they contain a rough replica of the spike protein.

In addition these Ab2 antibodies likely can interfere with the ACE2 receptor that COVID19 uses itself.  The theory is that it inhibits and attacks the ACE2 receptor, which screws up the angiotensin system, which is partially responsible for inflammation.  So this puts the body in a hyper-inflammatory state, since without ACE2 you get a build-up of inflammatory signalling molecules from ACE1 (that normally use ACE2 to convert into their final stage.

Here's the article:

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMcibr2113694

The author says that this effect would be worse in vaccinated people as their antibodies are way higher. So in short, long-haul COVID, both from the vaccine and from COVID19, may be caused by a hyper-inflammatory state caused by the antibodies to the COVID19 antibodies themselves.

That is EXACTLY what my naturopath doctor said, the vaccine possibly is affecting the ACE gene. Hence why many of us are experiencing POTS like symptoms, chest pain, etc…I also have elevated BP since the vaccine.

She prescribed me Proteolytic enzymes to target and break up the spike protein potentially and doctors are beginning to experiment with this for Covid suffererers! 

She also recommended Perimine which is meant to help regulate a healthy immune response and reduce inflammation, so far I’ve found both to be helpful in my case 

KitKat, Rainyday, KitKat and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jkro)
Very Active Member

@pfizervictim I don't know, but 50 is considered a negative test, i.e. you don't have antibodies..  So I'd probably hit that in six months more, but every month it'll go down.

Mine were 33.8 beginning of November. The test said positive 

ReplyQuote
(@tennyson77)
Very Active Member

@jkro They would probably only give that to you if you were about to die in the ER due to an acute inflammatory attack.  They wouldn't treat someone like us with high dose IV steroids at this stage in the game, it would always be oral.  The schedule I was put on was the one they usually use to vertibular neuritis. 

ReplyQuote
(@tennyson77)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @jkro

Mine were 33.8 beginning of November. The test said positive 

@jkro Every test has different ranges since they come from different providers.  If they used the BAU units, which is different than mine, usually the cut-off is around 7 I think.

ReplyQuote
(@jkro)
Very Active Member

@jkro They would probably only give that to you if you were about to die in the ER due to an acute inflammatory attack.  They wouldn't treat someone like us with high dose IV steroids at this stage in the game, it would always be oral.  The schedule I was put on was the one they usually use to vertibular neuritis. 

I understand that but I did hear from a trusted source that high dose Iv steroids was recommended for some people. I also have seen it given in different journal articles I have read with certain conditions people have been found to have post vax but they had a diagnosis for something too such as acute transverse myelitis etc. it is worth a conversation with your doctor to explore all options but mine wouldn’t even give an oral steroid taper. I sent you a message with my test result I have no idea what units they are using compared to yours. 

ReplyQuote
(@ethan318)

@tennyson77 

did you get a specific blood test to find the number of Covid antibodies in your system? I would love to get a test like that 🤞

ReplyQuote
(@jkro)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @ethan318

@tennyson77 

did you get a specific blood test to find the number of Covid antibodies in your system? I would love to get a test like that 🤞

I had a covid antibody test ran at the university I was at. One was for spike antibodies and one was for nucleocapsid antibodies. The nucleocapsid is for natural infection ( previous covid infection) and the spike is from the shot. 

ReplyQuote
(@tennyson77)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @ethan318

@tennyson77 

Yes it's a pretty new test, but it tests for 'SARS-CoV-2 IgG S-RBD', which is the spike receptor binding domain.  Cost me 10 euros here as an add-on to other tests. On its own they charged me 30. 

ReplyQuote
(@tennyson77)
Very Active Member

I understand that but I did hear from a trusted source that high dose Iv steroids was recommended for some people. I also have seen it given in different journal articles I have read with certain conditions people have been found to have post vax but they had a diagnosis for something too such as acute transverse myelitis etc. it is worth a conversation with your doctor to explore all options but mine wouldn’t even give an oral steroid taper. I sent you a message with my test result I have no idea what units they are using compared to yours. 

I get it, but you'll almost never get an IV treatment outside of a hospital.  Normally those protocols are for people basically going into shock or about to die.  If your doctor wouldn't even consider oral, there's no way they'd ever consider IV. There's little real difference between oral or IV, except IV will work much faster.

Jessie and Jessie reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jkro)
Very Active Member

I get it, but you'll almost never get an IV treatment outside of a hospital.  Normally those protocols are for people basically going into shock or about to die.  If your doctor wouldn't even consider oral, there's no way they'd ever consider IV. There's little real difference between oral or IV, except IV will work much faster.

My doc wouldn’t do it because I don’t have a diagnosis. He wants to only

give something if there is proof from a study that it is effective so he will never give me steroids for my symptoms until that happens. I have also heard you may be able to get IVIG if your tests come back for autoimmunity or neuropathy but that is in the US and of course needs to be ran by your doc. Also, I realize you need to be in a hospital to get an IV. They may do it in an outpatient infusion center at the hospital though. We have those here in the US

ReplyQuote
(@jkro)
Very Active Member

Also another reason to get the skin biopsy for small fiber neuropathy. I have heard if that’s positive that may qualify a person for IVIG too

ReplyQuote
(@tennyson77)
Very Active Member

@jkro Steroids shut down the adrenal glands.. Even if you get it in a hospital or a clinic and get an IV, you would need an oral steroid taper of about 5-10 days after to slowly ramp back down and let your adrenals take over again, otherwise you may go into adrenal crisis which is serious.  I got it for one day coming off my oral, and it wasn't fun - I had to take another 1/4 pill before I passed out.  

DrL and DrL reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 864 / 1151