Clear all

Covid-19 Vaccine side effects

17.3 K Posts
2261 Users
40191 Likes
2 M Views
(@marieski858)
Very Active Member

@twistedgift I experience almost all of these symptoms! I feel your pain and have had many good days and bad and flares of symptoms as well.

I posted earlier about what’s been working for me, maybe some of them can help you also, sending good vibes to you 

Dee, twistedgift, Dee and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@scpeters88)

Okay! Do update since my COVID booster. So overall my reaction was much better then the with my initial vaccination I had back in March and April. First day or two just a sore arm, then was good. Im about 12 days out now and I do notice my anxiety feels heightened (starting about 10-11 days out) and feel a little dizzy again since yesterday. That said, it does come and go and it is NOTHING nearly as severe from my second shot in April. My first experience with the vaccine was very bad, ended up in the ER and thought I was having a stroke. Very scary! I was dizzy, couldn’t walk, I was confused, difficulty finding words, heart rate would jump up to 160-180, BP got to 170/105. And these episodes would come and go in weird intervals. Like once every week, then every two, then once a month and then stopped around August. And each episode would lessen over time, never as severe as the first episode. It was very bad! I seriously thought I was dying when it first happened…whew! PTSD thinking about it, I do have autoimmune issues and dsyautonomia — so my doctors do feel I had an inflammatory response. Due to my weakened immune system and worth about getting COVID with the current surge I opted to protect myself. I know this isn’t the answer for everything and it is very scary what many of us have and are dealing with because of this.

but wanted to give an update on the booster for everyone. In case they were thinking of getting it and was curious of others reactions. I also waited 8 months out from my 2nd vaccine shot to get it, I did not do 6 months. As I was worried and I do think that helped it not be as severe this time around.

ReplyQuote
(@twistedgift)
Very Active Member

Does anyone else feel almost normal laying down and then as soon as they sit up or start walking around head stuff starts?

M, Jessie, M and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tennyson77)
Very Active Member

I read this rather fascinating paper the other day which was trying to explain the symptoms in long haul COVID for people who have had COVID19, and also the vaccine.

The author proposes that the body is waging an immune response against the antibodies themselves.  Basically the vaccine causes you to make antibodies to stop the spike protein.  Often these anti-bodies have a mirror image of the original antigen (problem).  That's what they measure now when they look at COVID19 antibodies in the blood of vaccinated people.  These are called Ab1 antibodies.

Apparently since there are now a lot of Ab1 antibodies, and the body wants to get rid of those over time, it stages another immune attack against the antibodies themselves.  These antibodies are known as Ab2 antibodies.  They are antibodies against the COVID19 antibodies.  Since they are a mirror image in many ways of the Ab1 antibodies, they are a mirror of a mirror, so they often have features that resemble the original antigen, i.e. the spike protein.  So these Ab2 antibodies are going around the body and attacking cells as if they were COVID19, since they contain a rough replica of the spike protein.

In addition these Ab2 antibodies likely can interfere with the ACE2 receptor that COVID19 uses itself.  The theory is that it inhibits and attacks the ACE2 receptor, which screws up the angiotensin system, which is partially responsible for inflammation.  So this puts the body in a hyper-inflammatory state, since without ACE2 you get a build-up of inflammatory signalling molecules from ACE1 (that normally use ACE2 to convert into their final stage.

Here's the article:

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMcibr2113694

The author says that this effect would be worse in vaccinated people as their antibodies are way higher. So in short, long-haul COVID, both from the vaccine and from COVID19, may be caused by a hyper-inflammatory state caused by the antibodies to the COVID19 antibodies themselves.

This post was modified 2 years ago 2 times by altennyson

PCMN, DrL, M and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@pfizervictim)
Very Active Member

@tennyson77 Does this mean our bodies will return to normal once the antibodies reduce in number, disappear over time? 

Dee, Rainyday, Dee and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
JesusBelieverDiane
(@dianesingh)

@twistedgift I don’t have the same exact symptoms but I can relate. I went to the gym on Tuesday and been feeling a little better and this morning feeling flu like body aches all over my body. You’ll drive yourself crazy trying to connect the dots so I just keep doing what is good for my body, mind, and keep pushing through this. I think winter is making it worse it seems for a lot of people in my opinion. 

ReplyQuote
(@tennyson77)
Very Active Member

@pfizervictim No idea...  Seems like a reasonable assumption though.

DrL, Dee, Rainyday and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Dee
(@medee)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @tennyson77

I read this rather fascinating paper the other day which was trying to explain the symptoms in long haul COVID for people who have had COVID19, and also the vaccine.

The author proposes that the body is waging an immune response against the antibodies themselves.  Basically the vaccine causes you to make antibodies to stop the spike protein.  Often these anti-bodies have a mirror image of the original antigen (problem).  That's what they measure now when they look at COVID19 antibodies in the blood of vaccinated people.  These are called Ab1 antibodies.

Apparently since there are now a lot of Ab1 antibodies, and the body wants to get rid of those over time, it stages another immune attack against the antibodies themselves.  These antibodies are known as Ab2 antibodies.  They are antibodies against the COVID19 antibodies.  Since they are a mirror image in many ways of the Ab1 antibodies, they are a mirror of a mirror, so they often have features that resemble the original antigen, i.e. the spike protein.  So these Ab2 antibodies are going around the body and attacking cells as if they were COVID19, since they contain a rough replica of the spike protein.

In addition these Ab2 antibodies likely can interfere with the ACE2 receptor that COVID19 uses itself.  The theory is that it inhibits and attacks the ACE2 receptor, which screws up the angiotensin system, which is partially responsible for inflammation.  So this puts the body in a hyper-inflammatory state, since without ACE2 you get a build-up of inflammatory signalling molecules from ACE1 (that normally use ACE2 to convert into their final stage.

Here's the article:

The author says that this effect would be worse in vaccinated people as their antibodies are way higher. So in short, long-haul COVID, both from the vaccine and from COVID19, may be caused by a hyper-inflammatory state caused by the antibodies to the COVID19 antibodies themselves.

For how long will this madness continue? Is it as long as the vaccine has power like they say around 6-9 months or will this be a forever thing?

KitKat, PfizerVictim, KitKat and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jkro)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @windsor

@jkro yes! With my fibro I was able to live my life pretty normally. Now I also have the internal tremors and weakness everywhere (I assume it's small fiber neuropathy, but no biopsy as of yet), among some stuff following vaccination. Dr refered me to fibro dr. Who I hope will differ between the fibro and this stuff. 

Mother-in-law also has fibro and has the internal tremors following vaccination. Her symptoms aren't as bad as mine but she still has them 6 months in. Same as me. 

This makes sense to me. I was reading about small fiber neuropathy and saw 50% of people who have fibromyalgia have small fiber neuropathy. I had been diagnosed with fibromyalgia 10 years ago. It has never really made a huge impact on my life like this has. 

M and M reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jkro)
Very Active Member

Here's the article:

Yes I believe (without reading your link) it the the article in the nejm from November authored by Dr. William Murphy and Dr Dan Longo. Interesting and I believe it is what it happening personally. I wrote Dr Murphy out of desperation awhile back. Hopefully he and his team can do research to test this theory. Dr been on you tube also explains this paper and talks about a company testing for this antibodies that act as the antigen. The company is cell trend. I wrote them an email as well. The my are based overseas I’m in the US. 

DrL, KitKat, PfizerVictim and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jkro)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @medee

Here's the article:

For how long will this madness continue? Is it as long as the vaccine has power like they say around 6-9 months or will this be a forever thing?

It would make sense to me that the antibodies lessening eouldnlesson symptoms over time but that’s just my opinion. Another way I think to get rid of unwanted antibodies could possibly be plasmaphoresis. That doesn’t go without risk. I have heard some having luck with high dose steroids and IVIG too. This is not medical advice so talk with your docs. Also ask them about small fiber neuropathy. 

PfizerVictim, Rainyday, PfizerVictim and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@pfizervictim)
Very Active Member

@medee many of us have had one shot however, you would think that would clear up faster. However I'm 6 months out and still not fully recovered. 

Dee and Dee reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tennyson77)
Very Active Member

@jkro I've had a 9 day run of high dose steroids (90/90/90/60/60/60/30/30/30) at the beginning of October.  My symptoms almost all went away during the steroids, but as soon as I stopped them the symptoms slowly returned over a week.  So I definitely think it's inflammatory or immune system related, whatever is going on, since the steroids stopped.  I may try another run of steroids again soon, since I have pills left, just to see if it works any better 3 months after the initial run of steroids.

The good news is within two days of taking the steroids I feel almost back to my old self, even if it doesn't last.  That at least makes me feel better knowing it's not brain damage or something permanent, since the steroids make it go away rather quickly.

This post was modified 2 years ago by altennyson

DrL, Dee, Rainyday and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tennyson77)
Very Active Member

Also, I had my last shot on July 22, so roughly 5.25 months ago.  My COVID19 antibodies mid-December were 560, and at the end of December were 500.  So they are slowly dwindling.  I'm hoping whatever is going on will die out as the antibodies die out.

DrL, Dee, KitKat and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@pfizervictim)
Very Active Member

@tennyson77 what's the normal rate? Above which rate do we get health problems like we're dealing with? 

Dee and Dee reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 863 / 1151