Covid-19 Vaccine side effects

17.3 K Posts
2261 Users
40191 Likes
2 M Views
(@sickofthis)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @tennyson77

I had another IgG S-RBD (spike receptor binding domain) antibody test this morning, and already have the results.  That gives me three real data points, which gives me good confidence on the estimates.

The first three are real (i.e. blood tests) measurements, and the rest are estimates based on the decline. A value of 50 here in my lab is the cutoff from a negative antibody test, i.e. you don't really have any left.  I'll hit that likely in the second week of May.

If I extrapolate in the other direction, by antibodies were probably 9,000 in July of 2021 when I had my shot.

20-Dec-21 567 Real
28-Dec-21 504 Real
05-Jan-22 438 Real
13-Jan-22 381.06 Estimated
21-Jan-22 331.52 Estimated
29-Jan-22 288.42 Estimated
06-Feb-22 250.93 Estimated
14-Feb-22 218.31 Estimated
22-Feb-22 189.93 Estimated
02-Mar-22 165.24 Estimated
10-Mar-22 143.76 Estimated
18-Mar-22 125.07 Estimated
26-Mar-22 108.81 Estimated
03-Apr-22 94.66 Estimated
11-Apr-22 82.36 Estimated
19-Apr-22 71.65 Estimated
27-Apr-22 62.34 Estimated
05-May-22 54.23 Estimated
13-May-22 47.18 Estimated

As a researcher, I love some good data points so thank you for sharing. Who ordered this test for you? I would be curious to get one myself. 

DrL, Dee, Rainyday and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tennyson77)
Very Active Member

@sickofthis Paid for it myself here in Spain..  Only costs 12 euros, so I grabbed a few data points at the same time I had other tests done.

DrL, Rainyday, KitKat and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@gingerjones)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @hisrichess

fasting helps the body regenrate new immune system cells. here is the article i read. this makes alot of sense 🤷🏾‍♀️

https://news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/

I have been doing intermittent fasting since the middle of the summer when I symptoms were at their worst...followed up with a 24 hour fasting one day a week...seems to help.  However, I still do have flare ups...

DrL, KitKat, DrL and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@gingerjones)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @andy2022
This community has been so helpful to me the last couple of months so thank you to all of you.
I just wanted to add a post about my symptoms and recovery (about 80% in 2 months) in the hope it provides value to others in this forum who may currently be struggling with whatever this is!
This ended up longer than I thought it would be so grab a cup of coffee (no sorry, get water don't get coffee or beer :-).

I'm quite fit for my age and run and walk 25 miles per week. No medication and no health issues. No anxiety or mental health issues.

I had my first shot back in March 2021 (J&J). I had some mild symptoms for a day (tiredness and headache) but all very standard. On the day I went to get vaccinated J&J was all they had in stock. My personal preference (at that time) was Pfizer.
When the CDC recommended mix and match I decided to go with Pfizer for my second shot in Nov 2021 as it just seemed like it had better results than J&J.
The first day with Pfizer I had similar symptoms to the J&J and all was well for the next few days. On day 6 after the Pfizer shot was when things started going downhill. 
Each symptom detailed below (in order of when they first appeared) would diminish over the weeks and months but sometimes there would be occasional regression:

- Involuntary jerks mainly my arms and head and mainly at rest. It was so severe it kept waking me up so my sleep was affected.
- Internal tremor like I was connected to electricity (my whole body but more noticeable in the arms, hands and fingers). Never had this before and doctor (annual physical) felt it was my body's immune response but said it looked like an essential tremor. 
This was constant and still there today but much reduced. This is probably the biggest symptom for me as it feels horrible, just felt jittery all of the time and please don't do Google searches! Remember Google is just a keyword matcher!
- Muscle twitching all over (both sides of the body) especially calfs, thighs, arms, neck. Worse when at rest.
- Muscle fatigue especially calfs and forearms. I would feel weak after a walk or short run which I did not have during the previous symptoms. Felt the need to stretch constantly.
- Painful joints especially knuckles, wrists and hips/back.
- Not sure what's next...hopefully nothing!

After 8 weeks from the second shot I feel I'm now about 80% back to normal. Sometimes it regresses a little but the general direction is towards pre-vaccine days (how I miss those days!).
I'm still not exercising like I was before and will start ramping that up again hopefully in the coming days and weeks.

Supplements that I feel helped for me:
- A good multivitamin with higher doses of Vitamin B for nervous system
- Magnesium for muscles
- Vitamin D
- Omega 3 for the brain
- Turmeric anti-inflammatory
- Protein shake with blueberries (this really helped me with the muscle fatigue and could feel it all relax after an hour!)

Other things to note:
- Recovery varies for everyone, there are just so many variables at play such as times between shots, age, fitness, type of shots, general health etc. Some people have been 12 months and feel like they can't go on and I feel so sad when I read this. 
Please try and stay optimistic, as difficult as it is.
- Google searches can only bring anxiety. Most people with these symptoms have it on both sides of the body which tends to rule out some of the more serious diseases Google search results show (I don't even want to mention them here!).
- Some people say stay away from these forums. That is personal preference, I found them invaluable! Seeing other people with the same symptoms in this community removes anxiety for me.
- Try and stay positive. I'm not fully recovered but the direction is right mostly.
- Keep a score card for your symptoms each week as it's tough to compare from day 1 otherwise.
- I had submitted my symptoms through the official VAERS site and today I got an email from Pfizer asking for more details (which I provided). I choose to take hope from this.
- I likely will not get booster shots going forward, this last couple of months scared me. I've never been an anxious person before and I now know how that feels! I'm still glad we have a vaccine for Covid as a certain percentage of the population needs it, no question!
- On the subject of anxiety, it seems to amplify the symptoms, understandably so. Go for walks, listen to music, meditate, do whatever you need to do to try and stay calm.
- Caffeine and alcohol makes symptoms a little worse I feel.
- It may be the second shot that did it for me and may not be specific to Pfizer i.e. if I had Pfizer then J&J would the results be the same? No idea and will not be repeating this experiment 🙂
- The video from Dr Been was interesting regarding reasons for these symptoms. Also thanks to @tennyson77 who provided a great layman's breakdown on what it means - it helped my understanding!
- I think there are a lot of success stories, not everyone comes back to report them as they get busy with their lives. I'm posting this even though I'm not at 100% just in case I forget to do it later.

Anyway enough of my ramblings, hope it helps you if you're just starting out on this journey and thanks again to those that have been going through this before me and took the time to post their experiences.

Take care folks.
Andy

Looks like you are on the right track...steady the course...And thanks for posting your update...means a lot to all of us...

DrL, Dee, Rainyday and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@gingerjones)
Very Active Member

I had another IgG S-RBD (spike receptor binding domain) antibody test this morning, and already have the results.  That gives me three real data points, which gives me good confidence on the estimates.

The first three are real (i.e. blood tests) measurements, and the rest are estimates based on the decline. A value of 50 here in my lab is the cutoff from a negative antibody test, i.e. you don't really have any left.  I'll hit that likely in the second week of May.

If I extrapolate in the other direction, by antibodies were probably 9,000 in July of 2021 when I had my shot.

20-Dec-21 567 Real
28-Dec-21 504 Real
05-Jan-22 438 Real
13-Jan-22 381.06 Estimated
21-Jan-22 331.52 Estimated
29-Jan-22 288.42 Estimated
06-Feb-22 250.93 Estimated
14-Feb-22 218.31 Estimated
22-Feb-22 189.93 Estimated
02-Mar-22 165.24 Estimated
10-Mar-22 143.76 Estimated
18-Mar-22 125.07 Estimated
26-Mar-22 108.81 Estimated
03-Apr-22 94.66 Estimated
11-Apr-22 82.36 Estimated
19-Apr-22 71.65 Estimated
27-Apr-22 62.34 Estimated
05-May-22 54.23 Estimated
13-May-22 47.18 Estimated

Question please...where do you get these antibody tests?  Is it bloodwork?  Is it expensive?  Thanks, Ginger

Dee, KitKat, Dee and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tennyson77)
Very Active Member

@gingerjones I live in Spain.. I just booked this with a private clinic.  It's a COVID19 Antibody test, S-RBD.. Costs me $12 per test.  And yes, it's a blood test.

This post was modified 2 years ago by altennyson

DrL, Dee, KitKat and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
KitKat
(@lmkk)
Very Active Member

@gingerjones I live in Spain.. I just booked this with a private clinic.  It's a COVID19 Antibody test, S-RBD.. Costs me $12 per test.  And yes, it's a blood test.

Wow $12 a test.... bargain!. I'm in the UK and my single test cost me £60.

ReplyQuote
(@gingerjones)
Very Active Member

I don't think I can get that here in the US...unless of course, my GP orders it...and I am sure that is unlikely

ReplyQuote
KitKat
(@lmkk)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @becisim

Has anyone else developed bone pain/arthritis type pain after the vaccine?

As well as brainfog/affected vision, my old back pain has come back and I also have pain in my joints in my hands? Like an inflammatory reaction?

Yes. I have developed widespread bone pain/arthritis type pain all over but mainly in my legs and forearms and wrists. It's a strong dull gnawing ache that ebbs and flows but never goes away. It started to appear as my pins and needles started to slowly go away. I can't figure out if it's my bones/joints or muscles but sometimes it feels like the pain is coming from my bone marrow. I spoke with my GP about it as it was worrying me but his only response was that it sounded like a symptom of COVID. 🤔 How are you doing these days?

ReplyQuote
(@sickofthis)
Very Active Member

Has anyone noticed your brain fog getting worse rather than better? I find myself making more mental mistakes and having more concentration issues than the previous couple months. Slightly concerned I’m getting worse rather than better.

ReplyQuote
(@sickofthis)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @trawii

6 months post second Pfizer jab and want to give an update. Most symptoms have reduced in intensity aside from the dizziness, I have just started taking Prozac as I’ve read that SSRIs can help with the dizziness. Also using it to regulate appetite, sleep, depression and anxiety. Will continue to post updates on how I feel. I have had flare ups and keep prednisone on hand when they get bad, and I have learned how to keep this under control. I feel for everyone suffering here, hopefully we can find a cure!

It’s great that you are slowly improving, how about your brain fog? Has that gone away or is it still pretty present?

ReplyQuote
(@gingerjones)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @sickofthis

Has anyone noticed your brain fog getting worse rather than better? I find myself making more mental mistakes and having more concentration issues than the previous couple months. Slightly concerned I’m getting worse rather than better.

I find my vision is getting worse...anyone else?

KitKat and KitKat reacted
ReplyQuote
 Moni
(@shinexmonic)

@tabby I am an only child and all this happened to me (related to dizziness), my mother is devastated, we both live alone and it has been too hard.

ReplyQuote
(@ethan318)

@tennyson77 

did you have 1 or 2 shots? I hope my neurologist will let me have this antibody test.

ReplyQuote
(@tennyson77)
Very Active Member

@ethan318 two 

ReplyQuote
Page 877 / 1151