Notifications
Clear all

Covid-19 Vaccine side effects

17.3 K Posts
2261 Users
40191 Likes
2 M Views
(@bowie)

@myadan How long did it take for you to recover ? Are you 100% recovered?:) 

ReplyQuote
(@bowie)

@medee thank you!! I Hope we will recover and have our normal lives back!! 

ReplyQuote
(@cantfindausername776)

@myadan hi ! I am also going trough this … can you tell me what helped you get trough it since I saw you have recovered . 
many advice will help 

ReplyQuote
(@charsen)

@maxxvaxxed Hello there. Hoping you are still doing 100%? I just needed success stories and though I would ask you since you reported success back then. Sending healing energy to all here 💪🏻

ReplyQuote
(@ks1984)

Hello everyone,

I had covid in february 2021 before I was vaccinated and I recovered after about 3 weeks. I have asthma so the respiratory issues were the hard part, but I was eventually fine and never needed hospitalization. (I'm 37 and female btw).

I got the first dose of Pfizer at the end of May 2021 and started having daily episodes of what felt like motion sickness. Sometimes it came with a headache, sometimes not. My Ear Nose and Throat doc referred me to a neurologist, but they were all booked out for several months and by September, my symptoms had mostly gone away. 

I was hesitant to the get the second dose of Pfizer, but I finally did on December 17 2021. Within a couple days, the vertigo was back and new symptoms of tingling and pain in my hands, numbness in my feet, and twitching muscles (sometimes intense, sometimes barely noticeable) in my arms and legs. The vertigo went away after a week, but the rest of it has not. 

My blood work was all normal and I have a neurologist appt scheduled for March. 

Has anyone tried prednisone for this? My regular doctor suggested I try it, but I haven't started it yet.

So glad I found this forum- no one has been taking me seriously that this was vaccine-related! 

DrL and DrL reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tennyson77)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @ruby-tuesday

Getting Actual Covid Seems To Have Cleared Away Vaccine Side Effects

Long time lurker here, but when I saw this I really had to post! 

Back story is I got covid before it was recognised as being in the UK - I went to Spain at the end of January 2020 and 3-4 days after returning both myself and husband had the most awful illness with a relentless cough, night sweats, fatigue and difficulty breathing while walking. I phoned NHS but they said we didn't have covid as we hadn't been to China, despite not seeing us or doing any tests. I am now sure we definitely did have it. We both got better and during lockdown built our fitness back with lots of long walks.

When the vaccines came out we were happy to get them but I had instant fatigue with the 1st dose (Astra). I had muscle and bone pain but this eased in around a month with no medical intervention. I was more reluctant to take the 2nd dose, but wanted to be able to go on holidays and did get it. I told the administering person about my side effects and she said that it won't have as many side effects with the 2nd dose.(Astra) 

Oh how wrong she was! Again I had instant fatigue followed by muscle and bone pain, but this time I also developed a banging headache which lasted for weeks, buzzing in my right ear especially at night, heart palpitations and fast heart rate (resting at around 100-110), a rash on the back of my right thigh,fingers so swollen my rings were too tight, stiffness in my hands and feet, especially in the morning and lots of petichiae (this was confirmed by my dermatologist who I see regularly as I had a squamous cell cancer removed in May 2020).

I went on an anti inflammatory diet for 3 weeks and went to the Dr who gave me antibiotics to try to reset my system. She said I most likely did have covid previously and my body was going into overdrive trying to defend itself after getting the vaccine. She did full blood tests and they all came back as ok except for low in vitamin D. 

Over the next few months symptoms came and went but the swelling in my fingers and pain in hands and feet along with headaches, heart palpitations and ear buzzing stayed. 

Then in late November I went to Spain again and when I returned home on 1st December I had a scratchy throat, sneezing and mild diarrhoea, so I did a LFT which straight away was positive, later confirmed by PCR. 

Over the next few days I had some night sweats and my sense of smell went, but I felt fine and all symptoms improved by around day 5. 

But what I have found since the end of my covid episode is I feel so much better - my fingers are back to normal so I can type again, my rings are actually fairly loose and keep moving around now, my feet are no longer painful, my heart rate is much more stable (resting at around 75) and no more annoying headaches. The ear buzzing has subsided considerably but is still mildly there at night. 

Which is why when I read the post by Bro I actually gasped out loud as I couldn't believe someone else had experienced this! For so long I've been thinking is this all in my mind as so many others have had the vaccine and don't seem to be bothered by it (including my husband) and how can getting covid actually make me feel better?! 

I'm so happy to say I might not be going mad after all! 

Thank you to all who have posted on here as it lets others know they're not alone is experiencing side effects.

By the way I'm not going for a booster!! I asked NHS for antibody test but didn't get one. 

Congrats! 

How long did you have your symptoms for after the 2nd dose?  When was your second dose?

How long have you been symptom free now? 

Cary L and Cary L reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sickofthis)
Very Active Member

Just a quick little update. I am 3.5 months post vaccine and had all the usual symptoms. This past weekend I have finally noticed some of my symptoms were easing. I now usually have symptoms in the morning/mid-day until about 3pm, then they slowly diminish the rest of the day, with almost no symptoms for a couple hours before bed. These improvements have really boosted my confidence that I/we will get through this. I also think that my improved confidence, mood and outlook has also contributed to these improvements.

The only couple things that I did differently this weekend was stopped taking all supplements and antihistamines as these were giving me side effects (example: headaches from too much vitamin C, brain fog from the antihistamines). I also actively tried to be more positive about this whole situation and try not to think about it as much. I'm not sure if my body has just adjusted to the symptoms and I am ignoring them or if they are actually going away, but I have definitely improved. I would say I went from 60% to 80% in the mornings when I have symptoms. The only things that are really left are the dizziness/light headedness, fatigue, and random flashes of anxiety for no reason.

I really hope these improvements continue quickly as I have a pretty important job interview next week. Like everyone who has recovered has said, I am starting to believe that it is just time that helps everyone. Before I was so obsessed with trying to figure out why this is happening and what the magical timeline is for recovery, and now I do my best to just not even think about it. The only thing I still look forward to is the day I am finally able to drink coffee again!!

twistedgift, KitKat, New and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sickofthis)
Very Active Member

@tennyson77 How are you feeling? Still doing well after the steroids?

ReplyQuote
(@pyrosin)

Heyoo!

Got first dose of Pfizer on December 11th. 
Two to three days after it, I had chest pain. Had a panic attack not too long after that, and went into derealization and depersonalization severely for a day, moderately for two weeks, and mildly now for a week. I have neck and back pain, daily headaches that vary between tension-type, one-sided, throbbing, and tingling. 
It took its toll on me. I am anxious, my nerve system is effed up. I take an NSAID branded Zadex, magnesium, ashwagandha, C-D-B vit with fish oil. 
I went to a psychiatrist who told me I dont have a psychosis (lmao) bc of the dissociation, and a neurologist told me that my situation is not too bad, but expected after a vaccine. I wasnt the first case with symptoms like these. I am waiting for an MRI which could take months in my wonderful country. 
I am glad im not the only one with problems like these, I mean not in a bad way haha, but it gives me hope that this can pass. Mindfulness and breathing techniques helped a lot, along with vagus nerve stimulation.

I am through at least a hundred thousand google searches and forum posts. It really took its toll on both my mental and physiological health. Def wont go for second, atleast not in the near future.

Wish you all well.

DrL and DrL reacted
ReplyQuote
 Lena
(@yjjy)

Has anyone been extremely fatigued with muscle weakness and shaking , anxiety , naseau, and a general worsening of symptoms for days after a big panic attack? 

Nath7, Justagirl14!!, Nath7 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Dee
(@medee)
Very Active Member

I was feeling better with my heart issues for a few weeks but now it's come back. Also have chest tightness which I hadn't had until now.

The heart issues is making me restless and scared. Anyone else who's had this? What can I do to feel better? 

ReplyQuote
(@cantfindausername776)

@yjjy YES . All these symptoms are making my anxiety terrible I seem to be living a constant panic attack . 
i have been dealing with sore back and now arms /sometimes hands . I am really worried about this so this makes my stress even worse 

I’ve had all the tests and blood labs done (all normal ) don’t know what to do anymore besides eat well, take supplements and rest as much as I can when I’m home . 
I’m living in constant fear of getting worse and that gives me huge anxiety 

how are you doing ? 

Lena and Lena reacted
ReplyQuote
 Lena
(@yjjy)

Posted by: @cantfindausername776

@yjjy YES . All these symptoms are making my anxiety terrible I seem to be living a constant panic attack . 
i have been dealing with sore back and now arms /sometimes hands . I am really worried about this so this makes my stress even worse 

I’ve had all the tests and blood labs done (all normal ) don’t know what to do anymore besides eat well, take supplements and rest as much as I can when I’m home . 
I’m living in constant fear of getting worse and that gives me huge anxiety 

how are you doing ? 

I'm so sorry to hear that. 

Im doing pretty bad too. I'm about 11 weeks from my 2nd pfizer. I had 1st in June. I live alone so which doesn't help. My fatigue, muscle weakness, dizziness, head pressure, anxiety, panic attacks, naseau, vomiting , and eye inflammation are as bad as ever I think. My most recent relapse following a panic attack on Monday worsened the symptoms. My panic attacks these days stem from the fear that in contracted covid and that Ill get worsening of symptoms or die alone lol...irrational thinking at its best.. Granted I have had good days here and there..but overall it's been tough. In perspective , I'm still relatively early since my 2nd vaccine...so I'm trying to press on. 

What about you?

ReplyQuote
Hope123
(@hope123)

Not sure if you guys remember me, I was pretty active in his group in summer time. 

Crazy enough I got better end of September and took a break for this forum. I went on a vacation and one day just felt miraculously better....I was scared that it would come back like it did so I didn't post anything but so far I am good.

It has been been more than 3 months of no relapse.

NO supplements worked for me, don't waste your $$$ if you don't have much to spend. I bought every single supplement advertised on this forum. They just made me feel worse. The only thing that helped - time

Here is my diary below

FIRST SHOT (MAY 16) VACCINE

May 16 - got vaccinated (Pfizer)

May 17 - sore arm

May 18 - May 21 - feeling great

May 21 - May 22 - headache

May 23 - chills, felt feverish with no temperature

May 24 - May 26 - brain fog and dizziness

May 27 - May 28 - brain fog and clogged ears

May 29 - May 30 - brain fog, headache

May 31 - severe brain fog, fatigue

June 1 - June 16 - brain fog, head and ears feel weird

June 16 - July 2 - only brain fog is left paired with very light dizziness, it comes and goes

SECOND SHOT (JULY 2)

July 2 - sleepiness

July 3 - sleepiness, very slight brain fog

July 4 - July 5 - headaches

July 6 - July 7 - feel great (90%)

July 8 - noticeable brain fog

July 9 - July 10 - feel great (90%)

July 11 - July 17 - brain fog

July 17 - August 12 - feeling great (99%)

August 12 - September 26 - brain fog relapse, random anxiety attacks started 

September 26 - felt better, still feeling good

This post was modified 2 years ago by Hope123

Nick P, Nath7, KitKat and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Lena
(@yjjy)

Posted by: @hope123

Not sure if you guys remember me, I was pretty active in his group in summer time. 

Crazy enough I got better end of September and took a break for this forum. I went on a vacation and one day just felt miraculously better....I was scared that it would come back like it did so I didn't post anything but so far I am good.

It has been been more than 3 months of no relapse.

NO supplements worked for me, don't waste your $$$ if you don't have much to spend. I bought every single supplement advertised on this forum. They just made me feel worse. The only thing that helped - time

Here is my diary below

FIRST SHOT (MAY 16) VACCINE

May 16 - got vaccinated (Pfizer)

May 17 - sore arm

May 18 - May 21 - feeling great

May 21 - May 22 - headache

May 23 - chills, felt feverish with no temperature

May 24 - May 26 - brain fog and dizziness

May 27 - May 28 - brain fog and clogged ears

May 29 - May 30 - brain fog, headache

May 31 - severe brain fog, fatigue

June 1 - June 16 - brain fog, head and ears feel weird

June 16 - July 2 - only brain fog is left paired with very light dizziness, it comes and goes

SECOND SHOT (JULY 2)

July 2 - sleepiness

July 3 - sleepiness, very slight brain fog

July 4 - July 5 - headaches

July 6 - July 7 - feel great (90%)

July 8 - noticeable brain fog

July 9 - July 10 - feel great (90%)

July 11 - July 17 - brain fog

July 17 - August 12 - feeling great (99%)

August 12 - September 26 - brain fog relapse, random anxiety attacks started 

September 26 - felt better, still feeling good

That's incredible , thank you for coming back and posting ! Is there anything you did that may have helpedor was it just time? It sounds like you took your mind off things for a while. 

KitKat, DrL, KitKat and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 894 / 1151