Notifications
Clear all

Covid-19 Vaccine side effects

17.3 K Posts
2261 Users
40191 Likes
2 M Views
(@susanfeuerstein)

@barb56 I’m terrified to get my booster.  I had my 2nd Pfizer shot end of February& had horrible side effects -inflammation - my back & knee  have JUST recovered from it. I had vertigo, a shingle popped up on my side, horrible fatigue, migraines, brain fog, anxiety, insomnia - what a rotten 10 months I have had. It is all side effects from the vaccine .I retired in 2020- if I had not, I would not have been able to work. I am just now starting to feel my old self. I exercise, eat healthy , supplements, am thin. I had no pre existing conditions. It was totally a side effect of the vaccine.  I will just wear my mask & try to steer clear of crowds as I have had 3 doctors tell me NOT to get the booster shot due to the uncertainty of the outcome for me

Patboe, Nick P, alia and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
KitKat
(@lmkk)
Very Active Member

UK respiratory physician suffering from "long covid" resorts to having his "blood washed" to remove "micro clots" suspected of causing his long covid symptoms. Could this method help us long vaccine sufferers?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-10461413/Can-removing-tiny-blood-clots-banish-Long-Covid.html

DrL, Barb, Rainyday and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
KitKat
(@lmkk)
Very Active Member

UK respiratory physician suffering from "long covid" resorts to having his "blood washed" to remove "micro clots" suspected of causing his long covid symptoms. Could this method help us long vaccine sufferers?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-10461413/Can-removing-tiny-blood-clots-banish-Long-Covid.html

ReplyQuote
(@susanfeuerstein)

@lookingforanswers taking Glycine- helping me sleep. I use various things for sleep- I rotate them- melatonin of course, coffee crude ( homeopathic little pills in blue container) CBD, Rhodiola ( this is great for anxiety as well) , valerian, magnesium- supplements  or oil rubbed on feet, L-theanine, essential oil diffuser @ bedtime( lavender , geranium, patchouli , cypress- this I use everynight , a cool mist humidifier ) Deep breathing, meditation, tapping. I don’t like any prescription meds, so I would never use anything like Ambian - I have tried it & was  awful! Now that my back & knee pain have subsided, the pain doesn’t wake me up . I found Aleve PM is great, but I only take on occasion as it can destroy liver & kidneys ( I took prescription form years ago for menstrual cramps, so I don’t want to over do it) I find that good sleep is helping me recover from the side effects of the vaccine.

ReplyQuote
(@busterb)

Hello folks - been lurking on this forum for the past couple months and thought it was time to post a story, a positive story, since they seem to be a rarity.  

Background, I'm a 42 y/o male, 6'2 195 lbs., athletic build, and have had tinnitus for the past three years due to bilateral high frequency hearing loss (unknown cause) that is worse in my left than my right ear.

In the Spring of '21, I got both my first and second Pfizer Covid 19 vaccines, each with no issues/symptoms other than a sore arm for a few days.  Expecting that I would be traveling during the holidays and visiting family, I thought I'd be safe and get the booster in early December.  On December 10th I got my booster, and the next few days my arm was REALLY sore, more so than the first couple times, but that was it.  A week later, December 17th, all hell broke loose.  For the next 5 weeks, life was a living hell.  Daily excrutiating migraine headaches, 24/7 dizziness (not vertigo, but a feeling of being light-headed and off-balance, like on a boat), sore neck, aural fullness, head pressure that would move from the back of my head into my left temple, around my nose, and behind my eyes/eyebrows, derealization - that strange feeling like you're living outside your body, in a dream-state.

During this time, I read every forum and every post, everywhere, looking for a reason for this and a solution.  I also tried every remedy discussed everywhere (Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Vitamin B, Vitamin D, NAC, Quercetin, Liposomal Glutathione, Fish Oil, Magnesium, Benadryl, Pepcid AC, and Monolaurin).  I can't really say that any of these helped at all, other than telling myself I was at least doing something to try to ease the symptoms.  

When this all started I made an appointment with an ENT, but they couldn't see me until late January.  It just so happened that by the time this appointment came due, I was still experiencing these symptoms.  Interestingly enough, when I told my symptoms to the audiologist, she made a statement that was somewhat comforting, in that they have been seeing TONS of people with these symptoms recently and agreed with me that it seems like the vaccine is the common denominator.  When I then met with the ENT, he didn't necessarily come out and agree it was the vaccine (I understand there are risks for them in doing so), however, what he did prescribe me seemed like a game changer.  The ENT's approach was to attack the migraine, thinking that was the cause of many of the other vestibular symptoms.  I got a prescription for Imitrex (Sumatriptan) and took that daily for the next 5 days at the first sign the migraine was starting.

Now, I don't know if it was causation or correlation but here we are, now almost 8 weeks since booster vaccination, and I can safely say I am 95% better, and I'm no longer taking anything.  The only residual symptom I feel like I have now is maybe a couple times a day I'll have a quick dizziness feeling, but goes away in seconds (could just be my mind playing tricks on me too).  After about 5 days of the Sumatriptan, I woke up without a migraine and it never came on during the day.  I also noticed my dizziness was all but totally gone too, as was the aural fullness, head pressure, everything.  I feel like the derealization went way in the middle of my ordeal, maybe 3 weeks or so in, but everything else stayed for several more weeks.  It's now been a week and a half and still the same, no more headaches, dizziness, head pressure, aural fullness, or any of the debilitating symptoms I had for 6+ weeks.  

I hope this serves as a message of hope for others who may be experiencing the same issues, or comfort in knowing there are so many people that have been in your shoes and have come out the other side of this good to go.

Take care!

LTN, Ashleyc26, Sea-ing and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sickofthis)
Very Active Member

I have an appointment with an ENT in two days, but I am unsure if I want to keep the appointment. I do not want to pay a fairly large amount money for an appointment that will either not find anything, or find something that will "go away on its own". It would be nice to have answers, but I'm not sure exactly what they would find or do for me. It seems like everyone that has gone to the ENT on here has either had everything be normal, or come back with a vestibular neuritis diagnosis. Even if I had vestibular neuritis wouldn't is "normally" go away on its own over time? 

Has anyone had a positive and impactful visit to an ENT?

ReplyQuote
(@sickofthis)
Very Active Member

I have an appointment with an ENT in two days, but I am unsure if I want to keep the appointment. I do not want to pay a fairly large amount money for an appointment that will either not find anything, or find something that will "go away on its own". It would be nice to have answers, but I'm not sure exactly what they would find or do for me. It seems like everyone that has gone to the ENT on here has either had everything be normal, or come back with a vestibular neuritis diagnosis. Even if I had vestibular neuritis wouldn't is "normally" go away on its own over time? 

Has anyone had a positive and impactful visit to an ENT?

ReplyQuote
Swift
(@swift)

@sickofthis Hi there.. i have been under ENT since last June and, to be honest, am no further forward.   I have had numerous manoeuvres for BPPV performed and none have worked, I have done exercises at home and have seen an audiologist at least 6 times.  The consultant just sends me off for a couple of months each time and says nothing different when i go bacjk but the audiologist is determined to find out why nothing will settle down in 9 months.

I have had an MRI on my ears which proved negative and an x-ray on my neck (which is extremely painful) which also came back negative.  I have seen a chiropractor which hasnt helped and have new glasses which haven't made much difference to the constant headaches every day and light headedness.  

I am now investigating the possibility of something called Binocular vision dysfunction which is a possibility why I am still showing vertigo signs, have a very sore neck, headaches every day, light headedness and brain fog to name but 5 things.

Basically I cant say whether or not visits to ENT will help - I am in the UK so its all covered by the National Health Service - had I been paying, I may have stopped earlier but I dont know.   Maybe a couple of visits will show you whether its worth it or not

I hope whatever you do, you get some improvement soon 🙂

Thisistoomuch, LTN, DrL and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@atp223)

@sickofthis seeing the ENT was helpful for me because he did some thing called a VNG which showed the damage was to my left vestibular system and qualified me for vestibular rehabilitation therapy. I think I may have improved on my own anyway, but the exercises helped and my balance is back to normal now. The vestibular physical therapist also identified issues with my eyes that prompted me to have them evaluated by a neuro ophthalmologist which got me into vision therapy, which has substantially helped my headaches.

my ENT also runs a cosmetic Botox side hustle and he talked me into Botox in my forehead which also helped my headaches immeasurably last spring.

I am not sure if all ENT visits would be as beneficial as mine was, but without him I never would’ve done the Botox for my headaches which is what helped me survive 2021, or figured out the vision therapy thing which has been the most important part of my recovery.

Nick P, Barb, Nick P and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@atp223)

@sickofthis seeing the ENT was helpful for me because he did some thing called a VNG which showed the damage was to my left vestibular system and qualified me for vestibular rehabilitation therapy. I think I may have improved on my own anyway, but the exercises helped and my balance is back to normal now. The vestibular physical therapist also identified issues with my eyes that prompted me to have them evaluated by a neuro ophthalmologist which got me into vision therapy, which has substantially helped my headaches.

my ENT also runs a cosmetic Botox side hustle and he talked me into Botox in my forehead which also helped my headaches immeasurably last spring.

I am not sure if all ENT visits would be as beneficial as mine was, but without him I never would’ve done the Botox for my headaches which is what helped me survive 2021, or figured out the vision therapy thing which has been the most important part of my recovery.

ReplyQuote
(@sherig)

@sickofthis 

After several visits to ENTs with no consensus on diagnosis, (BPPV, Labyrinthitis etc), I went to a "neuro-otologist" who ordered VNG and caloric testing.  The test did reveal 30% damage to my right inner ear.  (I had 7 mos of vertigo after J&J among other side effects).  At least this test showed definitive damage.  I had gone to vestibular therapy throughout the ordeal (of some very debilitating vertigo) but ultimately, I think it was time that was most restorative.  My tinnitus is louder than ever and I don't expect that to ever go away.  I wish you the very best of luck!

DrL, Chelsun, DrL and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@chelsun)
Very Active Member

@bowie I was symptomatic fro 6-7 months, improving over time. Had 3 months of feeling great, but recently have had a flair-up. I think the flair-up is being caused by extreme stress and not following the regime I had myself on to get better. So now, I'm back to monitoring my hydration, being sure to get 2 to 3 liters of water in, Zinc, B12 and using my rowing machine. 

I do think many have improved and dropped off this forum, so there is hope you will improve, you just need to find out what works for you follow that regime religously. 

Wishing you much improvement! 

DrL, Barb, Bowie and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@chelsun)
Very Active Member

@windsor I was diagnoised with POTS and did the following: Compression socks, increase hydration and sodium intake. Multi-vitamin that has Zinc, B12 and D3, I also drink half a bottle of Pedilyte for the electrolytes daily, and use a rowing machine to get circulation going without the need to stand. It took 6-7 months, but I did improve. 

DrL and DrL reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sweetie)

@simplicisimus  Hi there, reading your post i somehow feel we are in the same country. By any chance are you based in the uae? 

ReplyQuote
(@susanfeuerstein)

I think time, great supplements- Alpha lipoid acid for nerve damage, AR-Encap by Thorne for inflammation , vitamin D & C, rest- Glycine helps with sleep & exercise with fresh air helped me the most.  I can finally feel the” curtain lifting” so to speak as the side effects have slowly gone away- took 10 months. I am glad I did not see an  ENT- would not have suggested diet or supplements , just run a barage of tests & probably- from what I have seen from this blog, not much in the way of solutions.  I am all for ANY type of physical therapy - has always helped me the most with physical injuries in the past- broken knee then a few yrs later broken shoulder. I am a klutz that always had to move too fast- not anymore- I take my time...

gingerj, DrL, Chelsun and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 918 / 1151