2261 Users
40191 Likes
2 M Views
DrL
 DrL
(@nresearcher)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @wynnwolter

Anybody dealt with long COVID after after having the vaccine and then getting COVID? I believe I am dealing with long covid (even though I’m only 11 days out from initial infection) I have very similar symptoms that I had after getting my vaccine. Really just want to know if anyone has recovered from long covid? At least with the vaccine I knew it would come to an end but I’m feeling pretty hopeless with this.

Hi,

It seems a number of people have had "relapses" of their vaccine reaction symptoms after either getting Covid or another virus (common cold, flu...). In that case, hopefully your symptoms will not last as long as they might if you had long Covid, as some researchers have suggested that long vaccine reaction symptoms may be somewhat less than long Covid symptoms on average. It seems like a good sign if your vaccine reaction symptoms mostly went away before getting Covid. Best wishes.

ReplyQuote
 Dee
(@medee)
Very Active Member

Saw a video which has a detailed explanation about almost all neurological symptoms we all have. 

I saw this and the breakup that he gave on each type - I have at least 1-2 from each. I'm confused. Does that mean all nerves are messed or it is only a time being mess for us.

Has anyone recovered from neurological issues???

Pls watch this. It's very detailed. Does anyone know anything about this????

https://youtu.be/q5wpc9S1sWU

https://youtu.be/Dx7BM1ws8Ls

ReplyQuote
(@wynnwolter)

@nresearcher oh that’s interesting. Do you have sources for people that have had relapses or has it been people in this forum?

hopefully that is the case. Can’t imagine having long covid after dealing with the long vaccine symptoms.

DrL and DrL reacted
ReplyQuote
 Dee
(@medee)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @sickofthis

I know we have had a number of recovery stories on here, most of which say they have recovered 90% or so. Does anyone know if these people have recovered 100% and are back to their "normal" self? Like most of you, I am seeing slight improvement but find it hard to believe that I will ever be 100% or "normal" again.

Have you recovered completely?

ReplyQuote
 Dee
(@medee)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @yoki
Posted by: @jaydev55

How did those that recovered experience their recovery. Did you just wake up one morning and everything subsided? Did it gradually get less intense until it didn't come back?  Was there a remaining symptom that was felt last before you recovered? 

For me, it was gradual. I had side effects for 6 months. The dizzy spells, headaches etc. started to occur less frequently to the point where I didn't notice them anymore. I still have tinnitus and my vision is not the same anymore. 

Hi Yoki, are you still better? Do you feel 100% recovered?

ReplyQuote
 Dee
(@medee)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @nick

@s-m-a 

It is good to hear you have recovered! I had a couple of questions for you, have you had any relapses or been sick with a cold or something else that might "set off" your immune system? If so what was the result? Also, how long have you been recovered for roughly?

Thank you for the encouragement!

Hi, are you still better and 100% back to your old self?

ReplyQuote
 Dee
(@medee)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @dizzzy2021

@swtammie78 Im really sorry for that.I do understand you .you are same as me same age (M) .Im in 6th week now and almost 80٪؜ better but not fully recovered.I didnt go for second one.keep us updating and if you recovered let is know to make some one happy.

Have you recovered?

ReplyQuote
(@swtammie78)

@medee I'm losing faith that I will ever fully recover. However, I have accepted a new normal. I get dizzy and a warm sensation in my brain occasionally. Overall though, I think I'm as close to recovered as I will ever be. With those few side effects, my husband and I decided to try for our first baby. I'm 11 weeks pregnant and the baby is healthy as far as we know. The morning sickness is making it difficult to distinguish between pregnancy symptoms and side effects. So, I'll have to provide another update when I'm no longer pregnant.

How are you recovering?

Rainyday and Rainyday reacted
ReplyQuote
(@nmvn)

hi all, I’ve been lurking through your comments for about 6 months now desperately looking for a “cure” so to say.. 

to sum up my story, i’ve had every possible symptom on this forum and fast forward to now, dizziness (like im falling), high heart rate spikes, and fatigue are still the main ones. 10 months after my vaccine, I feel only about 60% back to normal. 

my main problem is the POTS symptoms. my heart rate rises to 105/110 when i stand and 120/125 when I walk! and even a simple walk to the kitchen feels like i’ve run a marathon. (easier described than experienced)

just wanted to see if there are others who have experienced this? or anyone who’s recovered from this? i just turned 26 and never in my life have I ever experienced anything like this. im so scared of staying like this for the rest of my life..

it would also be great if people who were posting in the beginning of this forum could come back even for a little bit and update us on how they’re feeling now.. 

thanks for reading and you’re all in my prayers every night 

Dee, DrL, Dee and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Dee
(@medee)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @swtammie78

@medee I'm losing faith that I will ever fully recover. However, I have accepted a new normal. I get dizzy and a warm sensation in my brain occasionally. Overall though, I think I'm as close to recovered as I will ever be. With those few side effects, my husband and I decided to try for our first baby. I'm 11 weeks pregnant and the baby is healthy as far as we know. The morning sickness is making it difficult to distinguish between pregnancy symptoms and side effects. So, I'll have to provide another update when I'm no longer pregnant.

How are you recovering?

I was hoping you'd be at a better place by now! 

I'm nowhere close to it and was looking for some positive posts in order to gain some hope.

ReplyQuote
(@swtammie78)

@medee Awww. I'm so sorry! Well, I wouldn't have tried to conceive if I didn't feel healthy. So, although I don't feel the same as before the shot, I do feel much better. I know thats not uplifting, but it's something. Hugs friend 😔

Cary L, Dee, Rainyday and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@yoki)
Very Active Member

@medee 

Sorry, I haven't been on this forum for some time. I just had my spine fused at the beginning of January so I was a bit preoccupied recuperating. I would say I'm still good. It's to the point where I feel like I'm back to normal. For physio, I've been walking 30 minutes a day which I couldn't do before my surgery. I feel that the physical activity has also helped me with keeping any residual side effects at bay. Still have tinnitus  though.

Cary L, Dee, DrL and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
DrL
 DrL
(@nresearcher)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @wynnwolter

@nresearcher oh that’s interesting. Do you have sources for people that have had relapses or has it been people in this forum?

hopefully that is the case. Can’t imagine having long covid after dealing with the long vaccine symptoms.

Hi,

Was speculating mainly based on what others have reported in this forum. It seems that technically, by some definitions at least, long covid refers to symptoms more than 4 weeks after infection so it takes a little while to be able to assess that. Whatever the cause of the symptoms, hope they resolve soon. Can only suggest trying to lower inflammation as much as possible through lifestyle (anti-inflammatory diet, reduce stress as much as possible...). Will report back with any new information found on this topic.

ReplyQuote
 Dee
(@medee)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @yoki

@medee 

Sorry, I haven't been on this forum for some time. I just had my spine fused at the beginning of January so I was a bit preoccupied recuperating. I would say I'm still good. It's to the point where I feel like I'm back to normal. For physio, I've been walking 30 minutes a day which I couldn't do before my surgery. I feel that the physical activity has also helped me with keeping any residual side effects at bay. Still have tinnitus  though.

What were your symptoms if I may know and how long sid it take to recover?

ReplyQuote
(@eileenwh)

@yoki Thanks to you reporting on your second dose i have had mine and it was a breeze compared to the first. I had a smaller prednisone dose - 20 mg for 7 days plus the H1 and H2 histamines and had no recurrence of my symptoms. Thank you.

ReplyQuote
Page 935 / 1151