Increasing awareness about vestibular disorders is the key to reducing the time it takes for a vestibular patient to receive an accurate diagnosis. VeDA promotes continuing education for vestibular professionals (see our trainings page), and encourages patients to become their own healthcare advocates by learning as much as they can about their condition. It can also be therapeutic for a patient to listen to another patient’s journey so that they know they are not alone, and to gain valuable coping tips.
WRITTEN BY MEDICAL PRACTITIONERS
- Benign Positional Vertigo: An Essential Guide to Coping with and treating BPPV, Ellen Wilcox, 2015.
- Vestibular Rehabilitation (Contemporary Perspectives in Rehabilitation), Susan J Herdman, PT, PhD, FAPT, Richard Clendaniel, PT, PhD, 2014.
- Dizziness and Vertigo: A Simple Guide to Figuring It Out, William Wright, MD, 2014.
- Medifocus Guidebook on Menieres Disease, 2014.
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Therapy for the Patient with Dizziness and Balance Disorders: Exercise Protocols, Marian Girardi, PhD and Randolph McKenzie, 2009.
- Inner Ear Balance and Dizziness Disorders, PJ Haybach, 2006.
- Dizzy: What You Need to Know About Managing and Treating Vestibular Disorders, Jack Wazen MD, 2004.
- The Consumer Handbook on Dizziness and Vertigo, Dennis Poe, MD (Editor), 2005.
- BPPV: What You Need to Know, PJ Haybach RN, PhD, Jerry Underwood, 2000.
- Menieres Disease: What You Need to Know, PJ Haybach and Jerry Underwood, 1998.
- Feeling Dizzy: Understanding and Treating Vertigo, Dizziness and Other Balance Disorders, Brian Blakley and Marc Siegel, 1997.
- Dizzy Me, Dr. Floris Wuyts & Tania Stadsbader, 2017.
- The Brain that Changes Itself, Norman Doidge, 2007.
- Sick and Tired of Feeling Sick and Tired, by Paul Donahue, PhD and Mary Siegel, PhD, 2000.
- Conquer Your Balance Disorder: How My Experience with Menieres Can Help You Reduce or Eliminate Your Dizziness, Andrew Goldbaum, 2013.
- I Can Finally Hear Birds: A Candid, Comical and Intimate Journey About Hearing Loss, Menieres Disease and Cochlear Implants, Nancy J. Chovancek, 2013.
- My Journey with Menieres Disease, Peggy Holloway, 2013.
- Vertigo: When the World Spins Out of Control, Linda Howard Zonana, 2013.
- Meniere Man in The Himalayas: Cooking Low Salt Curries in the Kitchens of India, Meniere Man, 2013
- Meniere Man in the Kitchen: Recipes that Helped Me Get Over Menieres, Meniere Man, 2013.
- Meniere Man and the Butterfly. The Meniere Effect: How to Minimize the Effect of Menieres on Family, Money, Lifestyle, Dreams and You, Meniere Man, 2012.
- Meniere Man and the Astronaut: A Self Help Book for Menieres Disease, Meniere Man, 2012.
- Vertigo, Vertigo. About Vertigo, About Dizziness and What You Can Do About I, Meniere Man, 2012.
- The Agony of Menieres Disease: Please Make My World Stop Spinning, Neil G. Bauman, 2011.
- Finding Balance: Healing From a Decade of Vestibular Disorders, Sue Hickey, 2011.
- Overcoming Menieres Disease: A Practical Guide, Randy Crane, 2011.
- Meniere Man Let’s Get Better: A Memoir of Menieres Disease, Meniere Man, 2010.
- Mind Over Meniere’s, Glenn Schweitzer, 2015.
- Rewiring Tinnitus, Glenn Schweitzer, 2016.
- Dizzy Me, Tania Stadsbader & Dr. Floris Wuyts, 2017.
- Vértigo – Vivir con síndrome de Ménière, 2018.
- How to be Sick, by Toni Bernhard, 2018.
*This book list is a sample and is not comprehensive. Most of these books can be found on Amazon.com.