Clear all

Covid-19 Vaccine side effects

17.3 K Posts
2261 Users
40191 Likes
2 M Views
(@carym23)
Very Active Member

@pfizerinjured I did. I took a Medrol dose pack about 2 months post start of symptoms and I felt better when I was on it but the symptoms returned shortly after.

LTN, DrL, LTN and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ksharky13)
Very Active Member

@dizzydave: Thanks for the reply.  It's interesting we both had a kink of delayed on-set of tinnitus weeks after our shots. I'd probably put mine somewhere between a 2-4 with respect to volume, depending on the day.  If I'm busy I usually don't notice it.  In a quiet room I can certainly notice it but usually it isn't really disruptive.  I remember when it first hit me, I was literally walking around in my house and I was like "hey, WTF is that?".  I knew it was tinnitus right away because I had had it years ago from loud rock concerts but it had essentially gone away (or I had totally habituated to it).  I've been very careful about exposure to loud noises over the past 25 years, always wearing hearing protection at concerts, etc.  But this new sudden onset really threw me.  It's very high pitched and the initial volume really freaked me out.  It's certainly not to the level that a lot of people on this forum have written about, so I am very glad about that.  I'm just hopeful that it isn't permanent and that I can eventually go back to enjoying things like concerts and playing my electric guitar.  I have been taking some vitamins and supplements but not sure they are having any effect.  I may try Zeolite (a number of people have written about it on this site) if I don't see any improvement over the next few months.  Take care and stay positive.       

DrL and DrL reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jtranger)
Very Active Member

@ksharky13 What is Zeolite and what does it do?

ReplyQuote
(@jtranger)
Very Active Member

@ksharky13 What is Zeolite and what does it do?

ReplyQuote
(@nickpaul)

Posted by: @simplicity2378
Posted by: @nickpaul
what your vestibular diagnosis?
@simplicity2378 Hi, I was diagnosed by my ENT Consultant with unilateral peripheral vestibulopathy, i.e. damage to the inner ear on one side (the left).  If more details could be helpful, please see my post of 30th January.  Also, on 11th March I posted about the tests I had.  I saw you had been doing vestibular physical therapy too, I think?  Is it helping, and where would you say you are in terms of recovery?

ReplyQuote
(@ksharky13)
Very Active Member

@jtranger: I certainly couldn't do it justice by trying to explain or describe it.  It is essentially the only positive charged mineral and it is used for detoxification because it binds to and removes negatively charged harmful elements from the body.  There is a ton of literature on it on-line, and a lot of research that indicates that it's totally safe for human consumption (with certain caveats, etc.).  If you search zeolite on this site you will get several entries from folks who have used it with reportedly good results.  I've posted a link to a company website below that is apparently a trusted supplier of this supplement (one person on this forum ordered it from this company).  I have not tried it yet but will certainly consider it if my tinnitus doesn't self-resolve over the next few months.  Hope this helps.

https://www.suspendedsolutions.com/  

ReplyQuote
 Tone
(@tone)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @mike411
Posted by: @pfizerinjured

It seems, if I understand it correctly, a lot of our (or rather my) symptoms are an over-reaction of the immune system, ie. an over-reaction to the spike protein.  Has anyone taken a SHORT course of steroids, like prednisolone, to suppress our immune system?

That will not work to heal/cure. May help quite a bit as bandaid for symptoms. Problem is you can't easily stay on steroids forever. Better to treat the cause(s) as much as possible directly. It's also a mix: some people are suffering as a result of too weak an immune system initially; later though most end up with hyper-immune systems. And yet, many people out there keep taking things to "broadly" boost their immune systems with supplements. Quite interesting. 

I'm 4.5 months into this and except for blood pressure and insomnia, I'm now 95% healed: extensive skin rashes gone, burning skin sensations gone, random body muscle twitches gone, upper left chest deep pressure and burning pain (likely pericarditis) gone, all different types of headaches gone, right ear twitching 90% gone (generally about 12 - 15 times a day now vs. almost constant before). For BP and insomnia, now well controlled on meds for both for now and just time now.

And this coming out of 5th vaccine in Jan. So it's definitely possible to heal. And I'd say in my case less about time and more about aggressive treatment starting within 8wks of this all starting. 

What did you do for recovery ? 

ReplyQuote
(@simplicity2378)
Very Active Member

@jtranger I have been struggling with all my symptoms since last July after taking my first dose of the Moderna vaccine. It has been a hard journey and was hoping recovery would be much faster and in a more linear manner. In the beginning of my journey, I was bed-bound and could hardly get out of bed. With much effort and commitment to my recovery, I am going on daily 15-30 minute walks a couple of times a day. It feels like I do a little progress where some of my head fullness, ear ringing, and constant dizziness improve a little, and then I'm hit with a flare-up which causes all my symptoms to return. I was told by my neurologist this is PPPD with some element of positional vertigo, my ENT says maybe vestibular migraines. I still suffer every day with persistent dizziness. Still doing my vestibular physical therapy twice a week.

DrL and DrL reacted
ReplyQuote
(@simplicity2378)
Very Active Member

Hi everyone. I have been away from this form for a couple of months. I was in much need of a mental break to focus on healing and wellness. Unfortunately, I am still experiencing all my symptoms on a daily basis. I continue going to my vestibular physical therapy every two weeks. I still suffer from head fullness, dizziness, ear ringing, and feeling of off-balance on a daily basis. Been working on increasing the duration of my daily walks and going to places like Trader Joes and Target for about 10-15 minutes once a week to expose myself to the busy enviroment. Being in the car is still hard for me. Functional daily tasks are very difficult for me and flare all my symptoms. I have been working hard on controlling my reaction to dizziness but I have to say when I feel very dizzy and ill it's still hard for me not to panic and think about the worse scenario. Does anyone else feel this way? My doctors still don't correlate my symptoms to the vaccine they say it's PPPD, anxiety, and maybe vestibular migraines. Now for the some wins.... I can do a little cooking, I'm no longer in bed for weeks, I go for short walks at the park (about 10-15min), my daily walks are longer, and I'm able to use grounding and breathing techniques to help me in my bad dizzy times. How is everyone doing? Anyone else with a PPPD diagnosis?

Jo England, DrL, LTN and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mike411)

Posted by: @tone
Posted by: @mike411
Posted by: @pfizerinjured

It seems, if I understand it correctly, a lot of our (or rather my) symptoms are an over-reaction of the immune system, ie. an over-reaction to the spike protein.  Has anyone taken a SHORT course of steroids, like prednisolone, to suppress our immune system?

That will not work to heal/cure. May help quite a bit as bandaid for symptoms. Problem is you can't easily stay on steroids forever. Better to treat the cause(s) as much as possible directly. It's also a mix: some people are suffering as a result of too weak an immune system initially; later though most end up with hyper-immune systems. And yet, many people out there keep taking things to "broadly" boost their immune systems with supplements. Quite interesting. 

I'm 4.5 months into this and except for blood pressure and insomnia, I'm now 95% healed: extensive skin rashes gone, burning skin sensations gone, random body muscle twitches gone, upper left chest deep pressure and burning pain (likely pericarditis) gone, all different types of headaches gone, right ear twitching 90% gone (generally about 12 - 15 times a day now vs. almost constant before). For BP and insomnia, now well controlled on meds for both for now and just time now.

And this coming out of 5th vaccine in Jan. So it's definitely possible to heal. And I'd say in my case less about time and more about aggressive treatment starting within 8wks of this all starting. 

What did you do for recovery ? 

Hi Tone - Here's my recent posting here that goes into where I'm at in recovery and what's been working for me. 

https://vestibular.org/forum/dizziness/covid-19-vaccine-side-effects/paged/1061/#post-23695

My big remaining issues are BP and insomnia. Since I posted this back on May 14th, my BP with meds is finally under good control and mix of meds + supplements is getting me 6 to 7 hrs sleep every night with no more than 1 time waking up during night. 

Thisistoomuch, DrL, LTN and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 LTN
(@pfizerinjured)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @carym23

@pfizerinjured I did. I took a Medrol dose pack about 2 months post start of symptoms and I felt better when I was on it but the symptoms returned shortly after.

Oh dear.  Ok, noted.  Hope you get better soon and stay better.

ReplyQuote
 LTN
(@pfizerinjured)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @simplicity2378

Hi everyone. I have been away from this form for a couple of months. I was in much need of a mental break to focus on healing and wellness. Unfortunately, I am still experiencing all my symptoms on a daily basis. I continue going to my vestibular physical therapy every two weeks. I still suffer from head fullness, dizziness, ear ringing, and feeling of off-balance on a daily basis. Been working on increasing the duration of my daily walks and going to places like Trader Joes and Target for about 10-15 minutes once a week to expose myself to the busy enviroment. Being in the car is still hard for me. Functional daily tasks are very difficult for me and flare all my symptoms. I have been working hard on controlling my reaction to dizziness but I have to say when I feel very dizzy and ill it's still hard for me not to panic and think about the worse scenario. Does anyone else feel this way? My doctors still don't correlate my symptoms to the vaccine they say it's PPPD, anxiety, and maybe vestibular migraines. Now for the some wins.... I can do a little cooking, I'm no longer in bed for weeks, I go for short walks at the park (about 10-15min), my daily walks are longer, and I'm able to use grounding and breathing techniques to help me in my bad dizzy times. How is everyone doing? Anyone else with a PPPD diagnosis?

How long has it been for you post-jab?

I have all these symptoms.  I've stopped asking Drs.  They're of no help!

ReplyQuote
(@margaret2022)
Very Active Member

@markhansen1983 no longer available it says 

ReplyQuote
 LTN
(@pfizerinjured)
Very Active Member

Anyone here experiencing blood pooling in the legs?  My legs are super heavy and I can barely stand or walk longer than a couple of minutes.  I have to stop and sit down and take a break before I can continue.  And even when I try and try, I can not walk for more than 5 minutes, even with the sit-down breaks.

This coming from someone who used to lift weights and do HIIT! 😓 

This post was modified 2 years ago 2 times by LTN

DrL and DrL reacted
ReplyQuote
(@filipolariu)

@asanders Are you better?! I really hope so. What about the joints inflammation, are the popping and clicking sounds still there? Any improvements? Thanks!

ReplyQuote
Page 1065 / 1151