Clear all

Covid-19 Vaccine side effects

17.3 K Posts
2261 Users
40191 Likes
2 M Views
 kit
(@arishi)

Got my 2nd dose of moderna on April 21 and developed vertigo/dizziness on day 3.  I have been resting and taking tylenol and ibuprofen.  Dizziness is worse in the morning when getting out of bed.  I am amazed this side effect was not reported in the media and I just came across this forum and learnt that others are experiencing it too from the shot.  I will never get the shot again unless they change the formulation.  I reported it to CDC.

Sassafras, Tabby, Sassafras and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@allisonk)

@lukenick - For me, heart rate and bp issues returned to normal after 3 weeks or so from 1st Moderna shot. If it is happening now, I’m not catching it. Before, I could feel my heart racing or pounding in my head. You can look at my old posts and see all symptoms relating to this for me. I still have fatigue, brain fog and tinnitus but the scary heart and blood pressure problems are gone. 

Dizzymah and Dizzymah reacted
ReplyQuote
(@elizabethctcmediation-com)

Got huge case of vertigo April 9, 7+ weeks after second Moderna shot. PCP didn't mention possible vaccine connection. Worst symptoms lasted 2 weeks. Had 3 treatments with an OT who specializes in vestibular problems. Vertigo subsided, but light headedness continues. Meclizine helped me get back on my feet after 3 days in bed. Hoping that this feeling that my head is somehow different goes away soon, as it interferes with getting much done.

Sassafras and Sassafras reacted
ReplyQuote
(@korki777)

@gloriam Thank you so much for the kind words! My brain fog has lifted a lot today and yesterday so that’s a plus. First improvement I’ve noticed in these 3 weeks of terror.

Gloria M, Sassafras, Gloria M and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@korki777)

@hollyd Thank you so much for your support! What you are saying is absolutely true, as I have actually noticed some improvement in the last two days with my brain fog having lifted quite a bit. 

ReplyQuote
(@gloriam)
Very Active Member

@cbfranConnie, it is six weeks from second Pfizer shot and first day that I have woken up refreshed after 10 hours of sleep which each night have had with no relief. And for the first time also minimal tinnitus and minimal vertigo and minimal headache. Praise the Lord or whoever is up there. I am so grateful and hope tomorrow is not a downturn. 

didigo, didigo, Tabby and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ttoth)

I GOT THE Moderna vaccine a month age and my dizzy spells are getting worse.Didnt start having spells  until a week or so after 2nd shot. My dr said this was common that my system is busy building antibodies and getting used to.i question all this,why is it getting worse.

ReplyQuote
(@arthur)

As I posted to this Forum earlier.  One month ago on March 25 I had my first Pfizer.  Three days later I had vertigo which continues to today, but getting better. Eleven days after the vax I got strange feelings in both legs. A few days later (14 days after the vax) I was diagnosed with a blood clot and deep vein thrombosis DVT.  Left leg still swollen so can’t wear shoes. Taking blood thinners. All bad news.

Only good news is our city’s Public Health Dept is investigating my case. They have requested all medical records from ER to Thronbosis Clinic, etc.  They promise to call back with their finding. I asked for advice re the second shot; answer was they’ll do the best they can. Will keep this list posted on outcome. I still have to live with the vertigo ( and balance problems) and clot but there  is some satisfaction that my case has been acknowledged.

Tabby, Amber, dragonlover and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jen789)

@abmolsha

What your neurologist said is really interesting. My neurologist told me he was not recommending the vaccine to his younger, low risk patients — I am in that age group. He too has a lot of MS patients. On me (I do not have MS), I ended up getting the vaccine due to being told that basically if I wanted to work (music world) I would have to be vaccinated. I really am regretting having the vaccines as I am not one who would choose to willingly bring back a vestibular issue that has been well controlled. My neurologist predicted I would have issues and that we would need to ride it out. We can only hope that time will turn things around. I hate seeing so many websites and medical professionals shrugging off real issues after these vaccines. It seems like caring and authentically concerned doctors are a rare find these days. It also sounds like minus the blood clot concerns, more of us should have had the J&J vaccine instead. I am seeing few complaints compared to the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines. 

Tabby, Amber, Sassafras and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@will)

So me and my wife both got the moderna shot first dose was just pain in the injection site and fatigue..Now the second dose was a whole lot different I got the chills and broke out in a cold sweat my wife didn't get the chills nor the cold sweats .But that week I started feeling dizzy and off balance like kind of a drunk feeling if that makes sense well that lasted for about two weeks and now feeling  better the problem is that my wife now after 3 weeks is getting the same dizzy fainting spells vertigo feeling.Just don't know if this feeling will go and come back and I have read here that doctors have no explanation for this ..Any input will be appreciated. 

ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

I had the Moderna vaccine March 3rd, so I'm 7+ wks from starting to have a vertigo & nystagmus reaction 2 days after vaccination. It's been an up & down course of improvement for me and I'm now doing much better with some residual dizziness, headache and a feeling that my sinuses are swollen. My eyes are also red, irritated and very dry.

I requested a referral for vestibular therapy a couple of weeks ago and went for an eval on Friday. There I filled out a dizziness inventory and was surprised how many indicators I still have. The therapist did some maneuvers and saw no indicator of BPPV, so didn't do the Epley. Told me it was likely that my problem is due to vestibular neuritis, which has been known to occur after other vaccines also, and advised that I see an ENT. I now have an appointment in a couple of weeks. I was also given home exercises to do three times daily (eye movements with body staying still) and told to call to be progressed to more challenging ones if they were too easy. Since I'm feeling so much better I was surprised that they provoked temporary increased dizziness & headache, but I think they're helping because I've had less symptoms the more I've used them. As a result I feel hopeful that I'm already starting to have an adaptive response to these purposeful exposures to doing things again that I've been avoiding.

Libbys, Tabby, Libbys and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

Posted by: @abmolsha

It’s now 2.5 weeks after first Phizer vaccine and still dealing with disabling Vertigo. Saw a neurologist, had MRI, CAT scan, ENT doctor exam, bloodwork and am still taking meclazine & diazepam just to stop the nausea and vomiting. 

Neurologist told me that anyone that has any brain problems or autoimmune disease of the brain (I have MS), and any brain injury history should NOT be vaccinated and that he keeps seeing patients with this dizziness problem. 

That's really interesting what your neurologist said. I wonder if there's any written information regarding this?

I don't know if any others here would fall into those categories, but I have a history of concussion about 40 years ago. I sure wouldn't have opted to be vaccinated if I'd thought that was a contraindication.

My vestibular therapist also said in his field they're seeing indications that some of those with prior vestibular problems are experiencing increased issues with Covid vaccination. I had one episode of vertigo & nystagmus for one evening 6 months before receiving the Moderna.

I sure wish I'd known before deciding to get the Covid vaccine that I had two predisposing conditions that would make it likely I'd trigger having vestibular issues again! Had I known, that would not have been a risk I would have chosen. 

ReplyQuote
(@ccmiles)

@fran Hi Fran -  I didn't take the Sudafed because it raises my heart rate.  I started with Flonase but changed to Nasacort and now have included Claritin.  The relief from Nasacort was almost instant and I have added Claritin.  My side effects have pretty much gone away although every now and then I'll fell a little dizzy for a few moments, mostly if I've bent down, but life is back to normal for the most part.  I hope Nasacort and Clariton work for you

ReplyQuote
(@marybudds)

I wanted to write an update because I think too many of these post are scaring people away from getting the second dose.  I am happy to report that I received my second dose almost a week ago and no side effects whatsoever! The nausea and dizziness type of pressure in my head went away by the time I was due for the 2nd shot. I think it lasted on and off for a little over a week. Yet, I know the consequences of getting COVID are worse than the side effects, so I went ahead and got the 2nd dose.  Did I do anything differently? I did and I’m not sure if this is what helped or it’s just a coincidence, but I will share anyway.  First, I was able to sit out in the sun before going as it is warmer these days than it was when I had to get the first one. And I do this whenever it is nice out. 15-20 mins is all we need. Then I switched arms for the 2nd shot.  I also made sure I drank a lot of water as the girl who gave me the shot told us to stay hydrated. My husband on the other hand, got hit worse than I did.  He did not switch arms and did not stay hydrated or sit in the sun.  He did get a mild reaction from the 1st dose, but I would say I reacted to the 1st more than he did.  Please don’t let these comments on this forum scare you from getting vaccinated! 
Good luck to everyone!!!!

Elizabeth and Elizabeth reacted
ReplyQuote
(@gtt500)

@lukenick It lasted for 16 days.

ReplyQuote
Page 124 / 1151